Stupidity

Personality Clash!

 

 

“Where are you?” CL asked Bom who was on the other line.

“We just left his house, no one’s home. The neighbors said that they didn’t saw Yongguk comeback yet.”

“Oh, is that so…” CL was worried.

“How about Dara?” Bom asked.

“I’m not sure… I’ll text her.” CL said.

“We’ll still ask around, I’ll update you if there’s any sign of him.” Bom said then hang up.

CL texted Dara, but it was Minzy who replied, saying: Dara is driving. No sign of him yet. Where are you?

CL texted back and said that they’re close to the club.

Zelo and Jongup leaned closer to CL, wondering what the news with the others is.

CL noticed this and said, “Oh, they still haven’t found him.”

Jongup and Zelo leaned back and sighed.

CL sighed too.

When they arrived at the TS Club, the three of them immediately went inside. It was still quite early so there were few customers.

“Jongup! Zelo!” The bartender greeted as the two boys approached him.

“Was Yongguk here?” Zelo asked.

“Yongguk? I’m not sure, but I think I saw him go up.” The bartender said.

CL, who was standing beside the two boys and overhearing the bartender’s answer, ran upstairs. She went straight to the rooftop and dashed as she opened the door. She looked around, “Yongguk?” She said, trying to catch her breath.

“What’re you doing here?” Yongguk, who sat on an old table placed at the side of the rooftop, said.

“Yongguk!” CL rushed to him, “What are you doing here? We’re all worried sick about you! We’ve been looking for you everywhere.” CL hit his arm.

 Yongguk didn’t budge and remained serious.

“What’s wrong?” CL asked, more calmly now.

Zelo and Jongup was about to go out on the rooftop when they heard the two talking.

“Let’s let them talk.” Jongup said. Zelo agreed. The two left as CL and Yongguk continued talking.

“Yongguk… will you please tell me what’s wrong?” CL said softly.

They were quiet for a while when Yongguk spoke, “Chae… let’s end the deal.”

CL was surprised, “Yongguk…” She looked up at him, “What are you saying?”

“I’m tired of this…” He finally said.

“But… But didn’t we agree?” CL was persistent.

Yongguk scoffed, “See?”

“See what?” CL asked.

“You’re always thinking of yourself, no, you’re only thinking of yourself.” Yongguk got up and faced CL, “You’re so insensitive…”

At that, CL stood up, “What? I’m selfish and insensitive? Didn’t you agree to all of these too, now you’re angry?”

“Ahh!” Yongguk was frustrated, “You’re not even listening!”

“Fine. I’ll listen.” CL crossed her arms on her chest.

“I told you. I don’t want to do this anymore.”

“Why? Explain to me why?!” CL was furious.

“You’re asking me why?” Yongguk shook his head, “I don’t understand you anymore! This morning, I didn’t even know you were going to do that.”

“Did what? Tell everyone that we’re together? Isn’t that a part of our agreement?” CL asked.

Yongguk looked at her in amazement and scoffed. “I can’t believe you… So you’re really doing this for the agreement?”

“What else?” CL said.

Yongguk shook his head again, “Remember when we kissed, you told me to forget about it then you asked me to spend a day with you when you were lonely and now you’re telling me that you told everyone that we’re together because of the agreement?” He continued, “All this time Chae, I really thought… I really thought there was something special between us.” Yongguk began to tear, “That there was something more… more than this, more than the agreement, but even after everything’s happened, you’re still thinking of yourself.” Yongguk began to walk away.

CL was shocked by everything he said. It was like a confession, simply hidden in words. “Yongguk!” She called as he went down the stairs, but he didn’t stop.

When Yongguk got down, everyone was already there. Amidst all the people in the club, their friends were all there waiting for them, hoping that everything’s better. Everyone stood up and went to the stairs upon seeing Yongguk.

“Yongguk…” Zelo said.

Yongguk looked at him then continued walking. Bom, Dara, and Minzy saw that Yongguk was alone, so they ran to the rooftop.

“Chae?” Bom called.

CL, who was standing beside the old table, turned to them, crying.

“Aww, Chae…” Dara said as they all went to CL and gave her a hug.

“I’m so stupid… I’m so so stupid.” CL said.

“Don’t say that.” Bom began to cry too.

 

***

 

“Yongguk, will you please talk to us?” Daehyun said as they trailed after Yongguk, but Yongguk didn’t say anything.

Himchan walked faster and was able to get ahead of Yongguk. He stood in front of him then hit him on the cheek.

“Why did you do that?” Yongguk said, touching the part Himchan hit. He was about to hit Himchan too, but Zelo and Daehyun pulled him away.

“Because you’re stupid! Don’t you realize that we’re also hurting seeing you like this?!” Youngjae and Jongup held Himchan’s arms as he shouted these words.  “Even though we know you’re keeping something from us, we didn’t question you, but instead remained by you! Don’t you even appreciate that?” Himchan shoved the hands of Jongup and Youngjae, “We’ve been taking s*** from you since day 1, but you never saw that… you never did, bro.” Himchan turned and walked away, Jongup looked at Yongguk and gave him a faint smile then he went to follow Himchan.

Yongguk remained where he was standing as he tried to comprehend everything that’s happened. Zelo patted his shoulder while Daehyun and Youngjae tried to comfort him with words.

 

***

 

A bit dramatic eh? Do you like it?