Happy Birthday (Part 2)

Personality Clash!

 

CL went straight home and dashed to her room. Her maids and butlers didn’t bother to greet her because they knew that she was in a bad mood.

Don’t cry Chae, don’t cry. CL repeated to herself. She breathed in and out and finally calmed down. She dropped her back on the bed and stared at the ceiling for a while. Does he know? That I’m the one from his past? It can’t be. CL eased the thought away. She took her phone and browsed the phonebook. Minzy? No. Dara? She’ll just scold me. Bommie? How can I tell them? She sighed and continued to flip through her contacts. Yongguk? Tss. He hasn’t even greeted me yet. She threw her phone beside her and turned to her side.

CL’s phone suddenly rang. Go, go away eh, eh, eh, eh, go away, eh, eh, eh, eh ~

Yeah, go away, whoever you are. She thought.

The phone stopped ringing, but there ­came another and another after that.

“Aish!” CL took her phone and answered it, but before she could utter a word, the person on the other line began.

“Yah! Why aren’t you answering your phone?”

“I’m not speaking with you Mr. Bang Yongguk!” She hanged up.

He calls her again.

“What?” CL was furious.

“Will you just come out, please?” Yongguk said, in a nice and somehow sweet way.

CL calmed down but she doesn’t want to forgive him easily, “I’m not home.”

“Yes, you are.”

“And how do you know that?”

“Your butler said so.”

CL smiled, “Fine. I’m coming out.”

She straightened her clothes and checked herself at the mirror. When she got down, she saw Yongguk sitting at the stairs of their doorway.

“Finally.” Yongguk turned and stood up.

“What do you want?” CL tried to be snobbish.

Yongguk laughed at her act, “Are you angry because I haven’t greeted you yet?”

CL ignored him.

He smiled, “Come with me.”

“What?”

“Aish!” He grabs her hand and tows her away.

“Wait! Where are you taking me?” CL cried out as she was being dragged.

“Uhm, sir…” One of CL’s butlers approached them.

“Don’t worry; she’ll be home before midnight.”

“Wait.” CL pulled her hand from Yongguk’s.

He looked her straight in the eyes, “Don’t you trust me.”

“Of course I do.”

Yongguk offered his hand to her, “Then come with me.”

CL smiled and took his hand.

The two of them walked until they reached the end of the street where CL’s house is located.

“Who’s going to pick us up?” CL asked.

“Why are you always in a rush?” Yongguk smiled, “Sometimes it’s good to do things without knowing exactly what will happen next. You know, be risky sometimes.”

She just smiled.

“Oh, there it is!” Yongguk hailed a bus.

“A bus?” CL was shocked.

“Yeah. I bet you’ve never ridden one.” Yongguk dragged her.

CL looked around as they walked to the back of bus.

“Ladies first.” Yongguk chose a seat near the end.

CL sat looked out the window.

“So, is this your first time?” Yongguk asked as he sat next to her.

“It is, actually.”

“What do you think?”

“It’s nice and comfortable, not exactly how I pictured.”

Yongguk laughed, “Well, how did you picture it?”

CL laughed as well, “Nothing! Just one of those crowded public transportations.”

The trip was long – so was their time together.

When they got off the bus, they walked for a while and stopped in front of a building.

“TS Club?” CL read the sign in front of the building.

“This is where I work.”

“As a rapper?”

Yongguk nodded.

They went inside and upon entering, the crowd began to cheer. Yongguk held onto CL’s hand to make sure she doesn’t get lost in the crowd. The screams of the people somehow scared CL so she held tighter to his hand.

“So there’s our Jepp Blackman!” The man on the staged shouted.

“Jepp Blackman!” The crowd cheered.

CL felt awkward seeing how famous he is at this part of the town.

Yongguk went near the stage and the man on it handed him the microphone.

“Ayo!” The crowd shouted with just one word from him, “I promise to perform later, but right now, I got a girl with me,” CL smiled at the crowd that shifted their eyes on her, “So keep it down a little.” Yongguk gave back the mic and walked to the back of the club.

“Man, she’s hot!” One man said and patted Yongguk’s shoulder.

Yongguk just smiled and kept CL close.

They went out the backdoor.

“Ah, finally!” Yongguk exclaimed.

CL laughed, “It is kinda crowded in there.”

“Yeah.”

“So where are we going next?” CL asked.

Yongguk smiled, “Come.”

Yongguk jumped and reached for the ladder that serves as the fire escape.

“What are you doing?” CL asked.

“I bet this is gonna be another first for you.” Yongguk said as he huffed.

CL chuckled as she took his hand to climb up. They climbed up until they reached the rooftop.

“Ta-dah!” Yongguk opened his arms wide, “I’m sure you’re hungry.”

On the blatant rooftop, there was a table covered with white cloth. A beautiful white rose inside a vase was in the middle of the table and around it was their plates and their dinner.

CL laughed, “But we could’ve climbed the stairs instead.”

“Nah, I’m sure you’ve climbed hundreds of stairs before.”

She smiled and walked to wards the table, “Well, let’s eat before the food gets cold.”

Yongguk pulled a chair for CL then took off the cover of the dish, “I hope you like pasta.”

“You’re lucky because I actually love pasta.”

“I’m glad to hear that.” Yongguk said as he scooped and put pasta on CL’s plate.

“So, what do you call this?” She asked.

“I… I really don’t know.” Yongguk laughed, “The other BAP members helped me prepare this, and after some mistakes and experiments, we ended up with this.”

“What?” CL was about to laugh.

“I promise you it’s good.” Yongguk said as he sat.

“This scares me.” CL then tasted it.

Yongguk held his breath, “What do you think?”

CL still seemed to scrutinize it for a while, “Hmm, it tastes like a French dish I once ate back in France.”

“So it’s good?” Still holding his breath.

“Yeah, it is.” CL smiled, “I’m not sure though, maybe it’s because I’m hungry?”

Yongguk laughed and began to eat as well.

“You know this is also a first time for me.” CL said.

“What?”

“A guy, or say, a group of guys cooking dinner for me.”

“Reall?” This made Yongguk happy.

“Yeah.” CL said as she put another scoop of pasta in .

“Everyone worked hard to make this, even our maknae Zelo. He was the one who cooked the pasta; he had to do it over and over until he got it perfect.” Yongguk felt like boasting.

CL laughed, “Well, tell them that I liked it a lot, and that I appreciate it.”

 

***

 

“What? We’re going back there?” CL asked.

“I promised them a performance.” Yongguk said.

They went back inside the club and the crowd went crazy again. Yongguk pulled a chair and put it in front of the stage.

“Stay here.” He said.

“Here? In the middle?” She whispered, but he ignored her and went on stage.

“Here’s my man Jepp Blackman, and the whole BAP!” The dj shouted and was followed by the crowds’ cheers.

“Good evening everyone!” Yongguk began. “Today is a very special day for this beautiful lady in front of me.” The crowd screamed, “She’s actually been scolding me for not greeting her, but that’s because I wanted to greet her in a special way. So, here’s a song I wrote not too long ago and we finally found the person with whom we’ll sing it to.”

Music started to play ~

 

 

 

Listen babe,
I’ll dedicate this song for you.
A really happy you, who is next to me
I waited for today, your birthday

Your smile that looks at me oh
It’s really, really bright
I want to pick those stars for you

Happy birthday to you
My beautiful love
Baby, only for you
Because you’re here, I’m happy
Happy birthday to you
Just like today, forever
Baby, only for you
We’re going to be together

From when I open my eyes till I close them,
I only think of you for the whole day
It’s lonely, a night without you
You, who is like the sunshine that shines through the window
You wake me up and make me smile, you’re special, a bit different

You, who is more important than anything else in the world
Will you accept my heart that I prepared for you

Your smile that looks at me oh
It’s really, really bright
I want to pick those stars for you

Happy birthday to you
My beautiful love
Baby, only for you
Because you’re here, I’m happy
Happy birthday to you
Just like today, forever
Baby, only for you
We’re going to be together

Lovey-dovey, sometimes we argue
I think all night about what I should do to the sulking you
Do you know how my heart tightens
because you might hate me?
To me, there’s no one else but you. You’re the only one that makes me smile

I can see that you’re different even among a group of many people
Your shining eyes, lips
My heart feels at peace when you’re next to me

I thank God for bringing the beautiful you down here
Please stay like this forever, inside me
I will kiss you baby
Happy birthday

Happy birthday to you
My beautiful love
Baby, only for you
Because you’re here, I’m happy
Happy birthday to you
Just like today, forever
Baby, only for you
We’re going to be together



CL’s eyes were close to tears when they finished. Yongguk went down the stage and she stood up to meet him.

“Did you like it?” Yongguk asked.

CL suddenly hugged him, “Thank you.”

Yongguk was surprised. He smiled and put his arms around her.

 

***

 

This chapter would have been done earlier if I didn’t get sick so,

here’s a SkyBang special for ya’ll! :D

Hope you like it :) More will come soon.