A New Beginning

Personality Clash!

“Okay, so let’s check the attendance first. Mr. Choi Hyun Joon - ” The professor in front began but he was interrupted by a sudden knock at the door. He tilted his head to see who it was through the glass at the door – it was Mr. Tablo. “Oh, sir, come in.” He said as he motioned for him to enter.

“Good morning sir.” Mr. Tablo said.
“What can I do for you sir?” The professor asked as he approached.
“I have a letter for you. It’s from the director.” He handed the paper to the professor. The professor scanned the list with a confused look on his face then he looked up and read the names out loud. “Choi Junhong, Moon Jongup, Yoo Youngjae, Jung Daehyun, Kim Himchan, and Bang Yongguk you need to come with Mr. Tablo.”
The six guys looked at each other, puzzled about what’s happening. They stood up and were about to go to Mr. Tablo, but the professor stopped them. “Bring your things.” He said.
“What?” Yongguk asked.
“Just do it.” Himchan whispered.
Yongguk did as Himchan said. He took his backpack and threw it on his shoulder while eyeing the professor and Mr. Tablo. Their classmates were staring at them, wondering themselves.
“Thanks sir.” Mr. Tablo said before leaving the room.
While walking, the six of them remained quiet. They were all afraid that the school might finally kick them out. When Yongguk couldn’t contain himself anymore, he went up to Mr. Tablo and asked, “Sir, where are we going?”
“To the director’s office.” He smiled.
They all suddenly went pale – even Yongguk. Of course, he may be a rebel sometimes but he values his education.
When they arrived at the director’s office, Mr. Psy was at his table doing some paperworks.
“Oh, there you are.” He said upon seeing them. “Come, have a seat.”
The six of them sat at the sofas while Mr. Psy stood up from his chair and joined them.
“Have you told them the reason they are here?” Mr. Psy asked Mr. Tablo.
“Not yet sir.”
“Okay.” He turned to the boys. “So, I heard you’re going to start training at Hyorish Entertainment.”
“Uhm, yes sir.” Youngjae responded.
“Are we here because of that?” Yongguk asked.
“Yes.” Mr. Psy said.
“Would there be a problem if we do, sir?” Daehyun seemed worried.
“No, no, no. Don’t worry.” Mr. Psy assured. “Actually, Ms. Lee Hyori talked to me about you, all of you, joining Hyorish and it turned out that, well, your image might make her company look quite, uhm, bad.”
The guys felt that something worse was going to come next.
“Ms. Lee won’t accept us anymore?” Himchan asked.
“Why did she ask you to talk to us?” Daehyun said.
“Calm down guys. Listen first to what Mr. Psy has to say.” Mr. Tablo, who was standing behind the director, said.
“Well, the good news is we already thought of a solution.” Mr. Psy said.
“What is it?” Yongguk asked. Their faces suddenly lit up.
“You’re going to transfer at the higher sections.” Mr. Psy smiled as the eyes of the six boys widened.

***

CL was busy texting while she sat on the sofa at their private room when Bom went to her and asked, “Chae, what’s happening between you and Yongguk?”
“Huh?” CL was surprised, her girls never asked about this before.
“Come on now. Spill it!” Dara said.
“Why are you suddenly asking me about this?” CL asked.
Bom stood in front of her and crossed her arms. “Yah, even though you’ve got this pretty strong personality, I’m still the eldest here,” She paused. “Well, that is even if it does not seem like it.”
All of them laughed.
“Where are you exactly going with this?” CL was getting confused.
Bom sighed and sat beside CL. Dara and Minzy followed.
“It’s just that we feel like we’re being left behind with what’s been happening to you recently.” Bom said.
“You might not notice it, but we never asked you about the things that have been happening lately. We were actually waiting for you to tell us.” Minzy said. “But even if you didn’t, we just wanted to stay by your side and give you comfort.”
“We always know when you’re having problems or when something good happened to you. We know when you’ve been crying the night before or when you had a great day. We know all of these even when you don’t tell us because we’re you’re friends.” Dara said.
“I’m really sorry guys. I didn’t know you were feeling this way. I-I was only focused at myself that I didn’t know I was already hurting you.” CL felt like tearing up.
“We know what happened to you in high school, so we understood why you acted the way you did.” Bom took CL’s hand and put it into hers. “But it’s all in the past now.”
Dara took CL’s other hand and also held it. “You don’t need to explain anything.”
“As long as you’re fine now, that’s all that matters.” Minzy embraced CL then Bom and Dara did too. They all started to cry while also laughing as to why they were crying.
When they finally broke free from each other’s arms, they wiped their eyes dry.
“I’m really sorry guys. I am.” CL said.
“Don’t worry about it.” Dara smiled.
“No. I want to tell you about everything.”
“You don’t need to if you don’t want to. We understand that it might be hard for you to talk about, so it’s okay.” Bom said, sweetly.
“It’s okay. Don’t worry.” CL smiled. “Even though it’s a tale of hardships and sadness, it taught me a lot of things and brought me a wonderful person.”
“Wait, are you talking about Yongguk?” Minzy teased.
“Yongguk is a wonderful person too, but I wasn’t talking about him. He helped me realize of that person’s presence though.” CL smiled then she looked down as she hid her face because she was blushing just by remembering that night with Yongguk.
“Who are you talking about?” Dara asked. The three of them were confused.
“Myself – Lee Chaerin.” She smiled.