The Boss

Personality Clash!

Chapter 26: The Boss

 

It was late when they finally reached CL’s house. Both of them were laughing as they chat while walking towards the entrance of the house. They were happily conversing until Hyori appeared at the stairs from the second floor.

“It’s late.” Hyori said as she crossed her arms on her chest.

“I’m really sorry ma’am.” Yongguk bowed.

“Why are you apologizing? Is it your fault?” Hyori raised an eyebrow.

“Uhm,” Yongguk felt uneasy. “Yes ma’am. We we’re supposed to meet and I arrived late.”

“What are you saying?” CL whispered to Yongguk, but he ignored her.

“Chae, go to your room.” Hyori said.

“Mom…” CL was surprised with her mother’s actions.

“Now.” Hyori glared at her.

CL looked at Yongguk as if to ask if he’s okay, but he looked back at her and gave her a slight smile of assurance. When CL finally went to her room, Hyori descended the stairs and went to Yongguk. “Let’s talk in my office.” She said.

When they arrived at her office, Hyori asked him to sit down. Yongguk sat and Hyori did too. He felt so nervous that he suddenly asked, “What do you want to talk to me about, ma’am?”

“Do you still want to be a trainee of my company?”

“Of course ma’am.”

“Because I think I have finally decided to give you a contract.”

“Really?” Yongguk was excited but he tried to hide it.

Hyori nodded. “But first, what’s going on between you and Chae?” She asked.

“Well, I’d say that we’re, uhm,” He gulped. “… getting closer with each other.”

“Closer huh?” Hyori chuckled. “You’re not together, are you?”

“No ma’am.” He said firmly.

“That’s good.” She smiled, quite sarcastically. “Because if you are, I might reconsider that contract I was telling you a while ago.”

Yongguk knew there was a catch, but what he said was true: he and Chae are not together. “Would you forbid us going out together?” He asked politely.

“I won’t forbid my Chae to do something she wants as long as there is nothing wrong with it, but let me remind you – LIMITS. I want you to know your limits. And besides, for Chae I’m her mom, but for you…” She brings out a paper and a pen. “When you finally sign this contract, I’m your boss.”

 

When CL heard that Yongguk left, she immediately went downstairs. She met Hyori as she was on her way to the second floor. “Mom!” She yelled.

“What?” Hyori seemed different from how she was before.

“What did you tell him?”

Hyori looked at CL as if she’s the one acting weird. “Well, I told him about that I want to talk to his group because I want them to sign the contract to be trainees of our company.”

“That’s all?” CL quieted down.

“Yes.” At that, Hyori left and went to her room. Somehow, CL felt that she was hiding something although she doesn’t have an idea what it is.

When she went back to her room, CL called Yongguk.

“Yongguk!” CL screamed when Yongguk answered the phone.

“Ouch! Why are you shouting?”

“Oh, I’m sorry.” CL blushed.

Yongguk laughed. “I’m on my way home. Sorry I didn’t get to say goodbye.” He said.

“That’s okay.” She said. “By the way, sorry about mom earlier.”

“It’s okay. You don’t need to worry about it.”

CL smiled because even from afar she knew that he was smiling too. “I just wanted to tell you that and to ask if you’re home too, so goodnight.”

“Okay, goodnight.” He said sweetly. “Sweet dreams.”

“Sweet dreams to you too.” CL said then she hanged up. She can’t stop grinning because she felt giddy inside. She flopped on her bed and hugged her pillow. She was smiling like crazy. She was very happy that Yongguk and she finally made up.

 

***

 

The following day at school while CL and the other 2NE1 girls were going down the stairs, CL saw someone familiar at the doorway.

“Wait, is that… Mom.” CL was surprised.

“Hi baby.” Hyori went to meet her at the bottom of the stairs and embraced her.

“Hi Ms. Lee.” Bom, Dara and Minzy greeted.

“Hi girls! I missed you.” She hugged them too.

“Mom, what are you doing here?” CL asked.

“I’m just here to meet – Oh, there he is!” Hyori turned and approached a guy, who is the director of their school. “Psy! Dear friend, it’s nice to see you again.” She said then she looked back to CL. “I’ll see you later dearie, Mr. Psy and I needs to talk.”

CL wondered what her mom is up to, but she remained quiet for now.

At Psy’s office, Hyori sat at the soft cushion chair in the middle of the room. Psy haven’t sat yet when she spoke. “I’ll get straight to the point and make this meeting fast.”

“Okay.” Psy said. “What do you want?”

“I want six boys to be transferred to your top classes.”

 

***

 

I know I said that I’ll be ending this fic soon, but seeing how much you support me and this fic, I thought I’d make it longer than planned :)

What do you think? What is Hyori up to?