She. . .accepted.

She

 

After that party, my thoughts were clouded. Very vague; that I couldn’t even make myself think of anything stable.

I never thought that persuading Wu Yifan would give me other hitch other than making him sign a damn contract. Here I am making my way on her girl who seems to be doing some witchcraft. Very abstruse.

Monday, and I am very determined to find her, anywhere. I mean it, anywhere. Even if I have to stay at women’s comfort room, I will. I need to do my business on her before anything- or rather, someone hinders it.

I wasted every vacant time I had looking for her, I don’t know her schedule- and if I ask Yixing, he’ll throw me hundreds of questions, so no. I must keep my work private. Afternoon classes are about to end, it’s almost four and there are still no signs of her.

I’m losing my hopes now; other students said that she did attend her classes today. She never missed any; seriously she’s doing some sorcery! Here I am still looking for her around the entire school and it’s almost midnight. I gave up, tomorrow- if I have to be here before the guard stands in the guard house I will. Before the sun rises, I must be here.

Now I have to walk at this deadly hour just to go home. Fcuk.

 

*8*8*

 

The next morning, like I have said I must be at school very early. I woke up almost earlier than the maids at the house and they were all surprised. After eating my breakfast, I left. Not bothering to answer their unspoken questions.

I walk, yes. Another thing I woke up early is because of the freaking minutes it would take me walking just to get in school, and the fact that no one would see me going to school walking. Darn, I thank heavens no one at school has ever seen me walking yet. I just can’t call my friends, since- Yixing, he’s always late, and I hate being late. Zitao, he rides a motorbike, and no way I’m gonna ride a motorbike. And Xiumin- he seldom goes to school. I am so helpless.

On my way to school, I would always pass into this vacant lot- that’s almost like a garden with those almost knee-high shrugs of leaves; it gives this nature-garden like aura. I never actually really bothered checking on this place, I would always think it’s taken care of some grandmother’s club here in our town, flowers were obviously surrounding it, and someone must have been taking care of them.

But as I glanced at it now. . .a book is floating? I am very aware of the horror in my eyes. I am definitely not dreaming, or living in my fantasy-imaginations again. I stopped my tracks, and checked it carefully; I blinked for I don’t know how many times just to make sure that it wasn’t just an illusion, but fcuk no. The book is floating!

I forgot my plan on having my way early at school, and I just have to check on this. I walked down the slope to the worn out gate with a deteriorated sign of ‘No Trespassing.’ I don’t care; the floating book has all my curiosity. I walked towards it, and it’s still there, making some light moves.

I walked feathery towards it, afraid that in one harsh move it will disappear. Damn my funny thoughts. As I walked nearer, I heard some groan and-

“Why do you have to be so numb! Argh! You arrogant bastard!” I furrowed my brows, what the hell? Someone is just reading and talking to a book, lying down on the grass holding the book in front of her, making it floating in my eyes. But the voice. . .

I walked closer, and funny that person still hasn’t heard me walking closer, not aware of the moving shrugs? and I saw her.

I found myself smiling, no- grinning like a retard. Here I was supposed to be early in school looking for this antediluvian freak, and with a wheel of fortune, here she is lying down talking to her book animatedly. I can’t help to smirk. Goal!

I walked closer, until my feet are just centimeters away from her head, how could she be so unaware I’m here? Couldn’t she hear my steps? Since her book is standing in her tummy, I get to see her face that is so. . .irritated- her eyebrows running together, I leaned down facing her, closer, and closer, and closer, now she looked up.

Her eyes widen like she was hit by lightning. I smiled at her, and her furrowed brows suddenly disappeared . . .and suddenly calmed, but. . .

“Wha- wha-“ she started gapping, like  goldfish.

I poked her nose, how casually I could do this to her! She just happens to look so adorable on her sudden switching of expressions. “Hello!” and I smiled again.

When I know she’s about to pull her body up, I moved. Looks like she won’t care if our foreheads hit each other with her abrupt move. She looked at me with an accusing look, “What are you doing here.” She snapped, hitting me like a tirade.

I was left. . .speechless, I suddenly forgot everything, “Uh, I- I. . .thought a book,” I keep looking anywhere but her, “was floating.” I toned down, too embarrassed about the idea of a floating book.

She gave me curious look and she giggled. She fcuking giggled. It was like seeing it, no- hearing it for the first time. I found myself fascinated, and had my mouth popping open.

She realized what she just did, and stopped her moment. “A- what? Floating book?” and she giggled again, but she quickly faced her back on me, hiding her face. I was left there squatting behind her, not sitting on the grass- grass means dirt, but there she is, sitting comfortably on it, even letting her legs laying straight. Jeez, she’s nowhere being a posh. How could Wu Yifan date a. . .what would you call this kind of girl who doesn’t give a damn care about where she is sitting?

“Hey,” I heard her, restraining her giggles, “I should be mad at you, but you’re making me laugh.” And she laughed now. “But seriously, why are you here!” her tone was back, how the hell did she do that?

“I am actually looking for you.” She just stared at me, an tilted her head on the side. I waited for her response, but I think I have no choice but to continue, “I. . .uhm, let’s say I want to. . .apologize?” I tilted my head opposite on her, feeling of being unsure of what I’m talking about.

“Apologize. . .on what?” she had her brows meeting together.

“Last time, at the library. . .I kinda-“ damn, here I am actually stooping down this low apologizing, I never apologize. And here I am, apologizing on. . .her! From all the women in the world, why her!

“Oh! That. . .” she looked down, “Well I guess we’re quits. No need to.”

Quits? What? “Quits. . .?”

“Yeah, never mind.” Damn her talking to short, not elaborating her statements.

“Mind elaborating your sentence?” she laughed with what I said, and I realized I just did use elaborate.

“Well you see, I found your den, you find mine. We’re fair.” She looked away, “But I would appreciate it if you won’t. . .” she stopped, like looking for the right words to come up next her sentence, “. . .if you won’t bother me again here, I don’t mean to bother you in your place either way, I never intended that.” That was like the longest sentence I’ve heard from her.

Why do I feel like I must feel guilty? Jeez!

“So you stay here. . .always?” I tried changing the subject.

“Obviously, like you do in yours.”

There’s something that I know I must ask about what she said, she sounds like. . .knows- “Early this morning?” I asked curiously.

“Yes, I need fresh sunlight.” And with that she suddenly closed her eyes, faced the sun and feels it radiating in her skin. It’s fascinating watching her.

“Aren’t you hot? I mean you’re always on your sweaters.” I just can’t help to ask her questions, and she suddenly opened her eyes and like someone would steal her sweater, she grabbed it tight when she’s actually wearing it. Caught off-guard, “You need the sun, yet you always wear that.”

She’s not explaining herself. “You could sit on the grass.” I rolled my eyes, how could she change the subject that easily? “No. I’ll get dirty. I can’t even imagine a girl would sit on the grass, yet you are there sitting on it comfortably!”

She suddenly stood up, placing the book facing down on the ground. Her long skirt flowed down as she stood up, and she was walking towards me. I was just looking at her, waiting on her next move and. . .

“You’re in my territory; you’re asking my forgiveness, follow me.” She pushed me down making me sit on the ground.

“What the-“

“NO CURSING!” she shouted.

For the love of kimchi I don’t know why I stopped. Damn, I never imagined this woman could be this. . .dominating! It’s no use, I’m now sitting on the ground.

Patience Luhan, you need patience.

She went back where she was sitting before, still facing her back on me. I just heaved a very heavy sigh. She’s just there sitting in front me. Eyes closed, face up the sun, feeling the sun.

Watching her is just calming. I found myself just staring at her.

“Just. . .don’t tell anyone about this place, please.” She suddenly mumbled. She turned her lap, brushing through the grass towards me as she turned her body at me, with her right arm supporting her. Jeez, I can’t imagine the dirt on her skirt.

“You really don’t care how dirty your dress could get eh?” my attention is just too distracted on how she mindlessly moves around.

“Answer me!” She snapped, man this woman could be so. . .

“Okay! Okay!” I don’t know why I’m now following orders from this freak. Speaking of freak, like I forgot how everyone is treating her, as a freak. Here I am casually talking to her, darn.

“Thank You!” she smiled, “I hope I could trust you with that.” She grabbed her book, and placed it on her bag which I just noticed now.

She stood up, ready to leave- not bothering to even dust off her skirt. . .it’s now or never Luhan, I must do it.

As she was about to walk, passing on my side, I grabbed her wrist. She stopped and looked down.

“Can we be friends?” I said looking up at her, her eyes hardened. Still holding her wrist, I stood up not leaving her eyes. I stood up and our eyes still looking at each other, not even blinking.

She blinked, and her eyes cold, then suddenly with a quick change of excitement. . .”What?”

I let go of her wrist and, like a shy school boy- I rubbed my nape. “I mean, friends. You, me.”

I saw her smiling; it’s like a sudden change of events. When I asked her first, all I could see in her eyes were. . .anxiousness? Then here she is being excited about the friend thing.

“Really?” she beamed at me, suddenly jumping. She looks like a kid, and I seriously think it’s so cute.

“Uh, yeah. If you want to-“

“I’d love to!” she suddenly held my wrist that were on my side, and jumped. Her touch, it feels foreign.

What happened seriously?

She stopped, and her happy mood suddenly faltered. “What?” I asked.

She started biting her upper lip and sighed, “Just promise me one thing.” Damn, she’s really something. Here I thought she’s all too happy being friends with her- I Luhan the great, never befriends random people not my kind. Now she’s having her demands, Wu Yifan Luhan. Just think of Wu Yifan.

“What?” I asked, faking a curious tone.

“Just. . .please. Don’t fall in love with me. Promise me.” She looked in to my eyes, like it’s the very first time she did ever since we started talking. She’s looking deep into my eyes, I was left speechless.

I wanted to laugh. Like any moment I would burst into laughter. Her favor is just too ridiculous, absurd! Like she’s very certain it would happen! I scoffed still extorting my laugh, “What? Seriously? I mean, you sure?” I found myself laughing. “Sorry, but you’re not my type. And also, I just wanted to be a friend, I don’t have any alter motives on hooking up with you, and don’t you have a boyfriend?” I asked her.

Her eyes were still, they look vulnerable. And she suddenly saddened, I don’t know if it’s with what I just said, or with her not-falling-in-love favor. She exhaled, “Just promise me. Please, and what? A boyfriend?”

“Okay, I promise, even if I die.” I raised my right hand, like saying my oath on her. “Yes, Wu Yifan? Isn’t he?”

“Oh.” She was suddenly hit by realization, now’s the time Luhan, dig some info.

“What? Don’t tell me you forgot your boyfriend?” I faked an amusement. I raised my brow.

She didn’t respond, like its secret thing.

I tugged her arm, “Hey! Tell me, aren’t we friends?” How lame of me, using “friends” as a bait.

“No, just-“ she shook her head.

“What? There is something about it, isn’t it?” I urged her, and she kept silent. “Does he hurt you?” I furrowed my brows, with that intimidating attitude he showed me at the party I wonder. . .

“What? NO! How could oppa do that to me! No, never!” she yelled.

“Then what? You seem to be hiding something.” I ruse her.

“Oppa, Wu Yifan is. . .my-“

“Boyfriend, isn’t he?” I finished her sentence.

“No. . . he’s actually my. . .brother.”

Wow. Just wow Luhan, you hit a jackpot. Not a girlfriend, but his sister. Wu Yifan’s damn hidden sister, like no one knows this private information. I doubt my father even knows this, and just I wanted to validate this information. . .

“Don’t tell this to anyone. Please.” She pleads, and she looked down, like she’s infamy about it.

Validated. “Sure! No problem, so he doesn’t like it exposed or what?” Now my thought of her being poor hitting me hard. I grinned as I asked her further.

“Uhhh, guess I need to go in school,” she stopped and looked around, “I go first, then you.” She smiled and leaped out the gate.

I was left, so we are now friends.

Guess my plan would work really good, knowing how over protective Wu Yifan at the party on her. . . I’ll just smirk, and see how my plans would win.