She. . .is sick?

She

 

I didn’t close the curtains, letting any light possible to illuminate in my room. The sight of rain pouring hard outside my window has always made me well situated, I love rain. Oh thunders!

It’s raining too hard, lightning and thunders are everywhere in the sky.

I lay in my bed comfortably, yet getting tired thinking of. . .something, I do not know. I am not sure of, there’s something that’s making my brain not in repose. I’ve been sighing since I lay on my bed wearing a black wife beater and my sleeping jogging pants , I just can’t make myself sleep right now even with how comfortable with what I am wearing. Sure it’s cold, but it’s the heater is helping it. I’m feeling worried of something I myself doesn’t even know of.

I stared at the ceiling, my arms lying on my forehead. Thinking again, what could possibly is making my mind this fagged. I closed my eyes, trying to get rid of this uneasiness.

Barbie.

My eyelids immediately loosed. My eyes shot open, I can’t be thinking of that, her. No, not in my dreams too; please I am damn too tired of thinking bout her. Am I even dreaming? My consciousness hasn’t left me yet, I am not dreaming. Then I closed my eyes again, yet-

“Barbie!”

I am hearing it. Damn, I waited again, just to make sure I am not having some auditory hallucinations. Then I heard my doorknob frustratingly twisting; someone from outside is trying to open it.

“Barbie!”

Now I am so sure of it, someone’s calling me and who else would call me that filthy gay name? I immediately sat straight up my bed, waiting for it to. . .stop? The freak is sure to be outside, just behind my door. She can’t be disturbing me at this unholy hour! I waited, hoping she’ll just leave.

“Barbie! Barbie!” she’s now palming my door, very aware she’s not using her knuckles to knock. She’s slamming her palm on my door gently.

She won’t stop, I know. I walked out my bed in prepared myself for the intruder.

Handling the doorknob, I exhaled before I opened it.

There welcoming me the sight of the freak, all covered with blanket, just showing her face. If I didn’t know, I’d think she’s a freaking ghost wannabe.

Despite the dimness, I saw her eyes glancing down up me. I raised my brow.

“What now? Can’t you-“

“Ikazuchi!” Since my arm is handling the doorknob, having my whole body trunk exposed; there she is bear hugging me again, with that blanket covering her. I could feel her face buried at the side of my shoulders.

“Wait, what? Ika- what?” I frowned, I am sure she said something before hugging me this tight.

“Thunder. Barbie, thunder!” I heard her murmur in my shoulder.

I pinched the bridge of my nose, how could I forget? Dang it! Is this the restless thoughts I’ve been trying figure of? I exhaled.

She’s shaking. If not with the thick blanket overlaying her, I could tell she’s shaking too much.

I patted her back through the blanket, “Okay. Okay. You can stay here.” How the hell she could stay here? That means she’ll be sleeping in my bed.

She broke the hug and sniffed, is she crying? “Thank You. I just need someone’s presence. You don’t have to be near me, I could sleep away from you, just. . .just-“ she was sniffing again, she couldn’t continue.

“Okay. Okay. You have your own blanket, that will help.” I led her to my bed; she walks toward my bed slowly, as if being conscious. It didn’t escape my eyes how she carefully roamed her head on my room.

This. Would. Be. The. ing. First. Time. Someone. Else. Would. Be. Ever. In. my. Bed.

God knows how I’m overly possessive of my bed, neither Yixing, nor my father alone has ever laid a finger on my bed, and now here’s some freak will be sleeping on it. Oh Kimchi, have mercy on me.

What is this freak doing to me?

Well she has her blanket wrapped around all over her, that’s enough. Unless no skinship would happen, she’ll be like a meter away from me.

“Barbie, thank you again. I just can’t sleep with-“

“Okay. Okay, you’re already on my bed, just sleep. Make yourself comfortable.” I dismissed her, she’ll start her unstoppable thank you’s again, and why’s or so. She’s now lying on my bed, her back facing mine, as she’s all covered with blanket.

She didn’t talk again, unlike what I expected her to be. I glanced at her, checking if it’s something weird, then I saw her arm pulling out from the blanket, she put her phone on the side table.

“Goodnight, Barbie.” She mumbled.

I just hummed an agreement; she’s calling me Barbie again eh? We’re both obviously alone.

And unexpectedly, the tension I had awhile ago was now gone, was she really who’s bothering my restless thoughts awhile ago? How could she get in my mind without me knowing? Dang it!

But I can’t sleep. Fcuk. I believe it’s because of this alien in my bed. I was never used, and will never be used of having someone else on my bed. I groaned.

I exhaled; again I stared at the ceiling, with my right arm resting on my forehead. I checked the time at the side table beside me; 21:43. I must be asleep, but I find it impossible.

I checked on the human beside me, and she’s peacefully sleeping now. What an immediate sleeper! I groaned again, how can she be comfortably sleeping while here I am trying so hard to sleep.

 

*8*8*

 

00:17.

It’s midnight, and here I am still widely awake, for the past two hours. Doing nothing, staring at nothing. How boring this could get?

I started doing nothing again, when I noticed- no, heard something. A vibrating. . .what? I framed up my elbows looking for where the sound’s coming from.

The right side table.

I tilted my head, it’s her phone. Her phone facing down? Who would put their phone facing down on a table? Just the mere thought is giving me shivers with the possible scratches it will have.

Twisting on the table, blinking. Ringing, but not loud. It’s been ringing for minutes, and I am not going to pry on her calls.

It stopped, but then after a few seconds, it started ringing again. I ignored it, waited for it to stop. As much as I wanted to answer it, no.

It stopped, yet again, after a few seconds, it started ringing again.

The constant ringing didn’t stop, the tone isn’t annoying, it’s actually quite. But I find the caller annoying.

Without any hesitation, I walked over to the other side and picked up the bright pink phone facing down.

I saw Wu Yifan’s face, shoot! His oppa is calling. An oppa calling at this unholy hour means nothing, but an important message.

A lot of premise came flooding my mind. Now I’m having second thoughts of answering the phone, but wait. . .the phone.

As I check on the still ringing and vibrating phone consuming my entire palm. I skimmed on the phone, ignoring the constant ringing of it- it’s Wu Yifan, let him ring this phone endlessly. It’s not. . .some kind of Samsung, nor an iPhone, neither some Xperia. I was now frowning, wondering what phone it is, I am not quite familiar of it. Sure a lot of phones are out in the market, I am very aware of , but this? Now I am curious, but its features are quite the same with the usual touch phones. Checking the usual place of its brand on the upper part of the screen, but instead, all I saw was Aquos Phone. I raised my brow, is there even a brand of this?

The phone stopped ringing, showing back the wallpaper I had my eyes widen, what the- however there again the face of Wu Yifan, calling.

I have no choice, this might be some emergency sh!t. I have to answer this call.

But as it blinked again and lighted its screen, I didn’t understand any single word or rather showing on its screen? “What the hell is this?”

There was obviouly a scroll down on it, I slide my thumb down and pressed the green button at the center of the screen; it’s obviously the answer button.

When I held the phone on my right ear, a sudden relief of sigh welcomed my ears.

“Finally! Thank God!” it’s Wu Yifan.

“Hello? Sorry but-“

“Are you Jinhan’s classmate?” he interrupted me immediately.

I paused first; I am not actually her classmate. “Uh, yes. But you see she’s-“

“I know she’s sleeping, please do me a favor.” Wu Yifan ordered, despite having the word please on it, I can sense such authority on his voice that I just couldn’t refuse. It’s Wu Yifan now for freak sakes!

I somehow panicked, what favor is he going to ask? At this hour? Geez! And the fact that Wu Yifan sounded uncomfortable isn’t helping.

“Oh su- sure.” Damn it Luhan, you’re stuttering.

“Don’t worry, she won’t wake up. She’s a deep sleeper, I just want you wipe her sweat. Her forehead, neck and her back. Can you do it now?”

Wait, what? What is he asking me?

“Uhm, sorry but-“

“Yes. You heard me right; just can you please do it now?” Wu Yifan sounded in haste. With that tone of him, I believe even if I refuse, he’ll make me do it.

“But its cold, it’s impossible for her to be sweating at this temperature.” I frowned, it’s cold. Indeed, and I doubt she’d be sweating even if she’s coiled with 3 blankets.

“She’s sweating. Trust me; just do what I told you. Please?” he insisted with that dominating tone of Please again.

“Okay. Wait, it’s just that,” I glanced over the freak, “She’s all wrapped up of blanket.”

I thought Wu Yifan chuckled over the phone, he did actually. And I found myself silly smiling.

I held the phone pressed on my ears as I looked for a face towel in the bathroom.

Wu Yifan is still on the phone, I could hear his breathing, yet he kept waiting.

“I got the towel now, I just have to pull off the blanket over her.”

“Okay.”

I nudged the blanket over her head; she’s all curled up in the side of my bed. It didn’t take much effort for me to pull the blanket as she’s holding it loosely.

I placed my palm on her forehead, sweating would mean fever. Yet, when I placed my palm on her forehead, it was cold. And yes, my palm was wet. She’s indeed sweating.

“She’s sweating.” I mumbled absentmindedly, I am somehow worried. She’s cold, yet sweating?

“Yes, please do wipe her forehead, neck and most importantly, her back.” He demanded again.

I held the phone between my neck, my shoulder keeping it in place.

I wiped her forehead, and I just can’t help to look on her face so bare. So bare, so natural, and flawless. And fcuk, with this distance of her face on me as I wipe her sweat, I could smell her. This intoxicating smell of her. . . I tried my hardest to ignore it.

Next was her neck, a heap strands of hair was all over it. The sweat is making the strands of hair sticking everywhere. I have to grab a fist of her hair to get rid of it. I can’t do it with a phone on my neck, “Wait, I have to put the phone down first, don’t hang up.”

“Okay.”

I laid the phone back at the night table beside, I was now kneeling on my bed beside her sleeping figure, grabbing her soaking neck, I pulled it up gently grabbing her hair on the side with my other free hand, and again instead of focusing on her neck- how her hair felt on my hands distracted me. Despite having it somehow wet from her excessive sweating, it still. . .

I exhaled, I find this job very easy yet here I am getting so exhausted. I wiped her neck, and the smell is now getting worst in my nose. It’s there again. Sh!t.

Everything is now dried, yes. I made sure of it. I grabbed the phone from the table, “The forehead and neck are done, and I’m working on her back.”

“Okay.” Yifan, man with such one word.

I exhaled, how am I gonna start this? I pulled the blanket down her waist. Pooling it there, Yifan told me she wouldn’t wake up. I gently pulled her shoulder so I could place my hand on her back and sh!t! When my hand finally managed to reached her back, it’s soaking! “!”

I immediately turn her on her side; she’s not waking up despite the sudden push. What a deep sleeper.

I was now on my side of bed, kneeling behind her, her back facing me, she’s wearing one of my Polo’s. I pulled the blanket lower to find the hem of the Polo as I reached lower- heat shot straight through my groin. “This is bullsh!t!”

I grabbed the phone. I was gasping, “Can I not do her back?” Impossible, her back is soaking.

“No! Her back was the most important, what happened? Why?” Yifan seemed to panic.

“It’s just that- uhh, okay. Okay. Just wait.” I sighed, raking my hair. I have no choice, but what the fcuk is she- I groaned.

Again, I peeked in below the blanket. Immediately pulling it down. How could she not wear anything but just an underwear down under? For fcuk sakes, just the sight of her undies’ waistband is getting. . .fcuk. Thank holy Kimchi it's dark!

I kept the blanket on her waist; I gently pulled her Polo from the back, not letting my hand reach any part below her blanket.

I started running my arm on her back, keeping the blanket stuck on its palce; her waist. Trying hard not for my arm to even brush on her skin, but it's too late. The Polo is pulling up, showing skin, and I can't let it happen. I have I placed my hand with the towel on her back, rubbing her nape going down, feeling her skin on my arm and triple sh!t. She’s not wearing a bra. Holy Kimchi, this girl is trying to. . .

I wiped her back right away, I cannot stand this. For a man who hasn’t been laid for weeks. Please, not with this freak.

I pulled down her Polo, and keeping the blanket up her shoulders. Securing that the blnket is covering all over her.

I held the phone as I stood again, damn I can feel my buddy straining.

I realized I’ve been holding my breath. I was gasping, “Hello? I’m done.”

“She isn’t sweating again? She’s dry?” Yifan assured.

“Yes. Yes. And do I have to do it again later?” Please no. No. I can’t.

He chuckled, “Oh, no need. She’ll wake up by 6 a.m.”

I sighed in relief. “Thank You so much, I owe you. Tell me your name.”

Fcuk, I can’t tell him my name. And knowing that this freak must be with her classmates, I thought of a name in her class.

“I’m Kim. . . Kim Joonmyun.” That angelic guy in school, yeah. That’s right, he is suited for this kind of altruism.

“Kim Joonmyun,” he repeated, “The son of Myun Kim Enterprises CEO?” he asked.

Damn he knows Joonmyun’s family? “Uh, yes.”

“Oh,” I can imagine him nodding, “Okay. Thanks again.”

“Wait!” I almost yelled.

“What?”

“Is she sick?” and I heard him chuckle again.

“No, it’s just a normal night-sweats. Sleep hyperhidrosis, she sweats at night, especially in the middle of the night.” Yifan explained. Geez! I thought i's something serious.

“Is that all?” he asked.

“Uh, yes. I guess I have to hang up.”

“Sure.” Then he hung up. That’s just it? I mean. . .fcuk, Now another problem to deal with. Sh!t.

And how am I gonna sleep with a freak with nothing but a polo and underwear on under her blanket? I raked my hand on my hair. Bullsh!t.