She. . .talks, a lot.

She

She was just staring forward while I drive, not like the usual girl that would lean on the windows to look outside. City lights would pass by us, while the rain pours so hard; my wind shield keeps on wiping. I would glance at her time by time, she seems so tensed. . .? Or about something?

“Hey!” I finally broke her focus.

She snapped her head at me, “Oh. What?” she said too low. She looked at me, and back again on the dashboard.

I exhaled, I started it. I should keep it, “What are you telling Yixing?”

She looked back at me, “Yixing?” she asked back like so confused of what I’m talking about.

“Yes!” I snapped at her, “Why the hell he knows almost everything we do, I do?” accentuating I do. I noticed my tone changed, it became harsher.

She seemed confused, then finally it hit her. “Ohhh! That. . .”

“Tell me, what other else are you telling him? You better be not making stories of what we’re doing!” I feigned.

“No!” whipping her head back at me, “No! I don’t! I just. . .” she looked down again on her lap.

“You just what?!” it was really a bad idea to have this conversation, why the hell I did start this when I am obviously driving a car, raining so hard, the road is sure to be slippery, and the possibilities of accident is high. Focus Luhan.

“I just talk to him.” she explained in a very sorry tone, voice getting lower.

“How often you two talk? I know it’s not just once, or that kind of simple talk. He just walked by me this morning almost spilling everything at me.”

“Often.”

“I said, how often.”

It was a few seconds of silence till she blurted out, “Everyday. . .” she whispered.

“Everyday?!” I roared. “You talk to him every fcuking day?”

She inched away from me, I’m almost yelling at her. I’m obviously making her scared. I exhaled, “Why is that? Are you two even close? The last time I know, you rejected his offer of friendship.”

“It’s just that- that- uhhh, it’s just that,” she stuttered, “He listens to me.”

I flicked my head at her as she stared down at her lap, thank God for the red lights or I might have hit anything in front.

She continued, “He listens to me. It’s hard to explain, it was just one day when he started casually talking to me. He started all the talks; he initiated everything he thinks he could talk about me. He was importuning; and I found myself comfortably talking with him. He listens to anything I say. May it be about school, lessons, the most randomness’ things or you.” She paused. “Unlike others who would start a talk with me with. . .” she bowed her head low. “asking me to do their projects, school works.”

The green light blinked on, if only I could stay here not bothering the ear shattering honks I’ll get I will, she’s talking a lot and long and I find myself absorbing every word she’s saying.

She exhaled, “I was. . .happy. I became happy. I never had someone else to talk with aside from oppa. It seems like I could tell everything to Yixing, he’s not telling it to others too. I know. He doesn’t bully-“ she stopped, realizing what she’s saying. She accidentally blurted it out. She’s damn aware she’s being bullied, yet still letting them, do it. How saintful this freak is? How sh!ttier this could get?

I impelled myself to focus on driving. Making my head be filled with the city lights instead of these things she’s telling me. I don’t know, but I find the simple task very impossible. I needed to reach home, now.

“Aren’t we friends?” the lame stupid excuse again.

She glanced back at me, “Huh?”

“We’re friends. We’re actually more friends than Yixing, why not me.” I think I’m making myself useful, “Why not talk to me instead, and not Yixing.”

She shifted her trunk at me on her seat, making me surprised. “Luhan. I beg you. Don’t make me stop talking with Yixing. Please.” If puppy eyes on a human exist, I swear I saw it right in front of me. Staring down my soul, begging me.

I opened my mouth saying nothing. “Just don’t. Please. I won’t tell him anything about you, about what we’re doing, but no. Please. Don’t stop me.”

I stared at her, why? What’s with Yixing that she just couldn’t stop? God, this is the longest ride home in my history of living. She sounded it like I hold her life, I have tight grip on her decisions; who am I to stop her from talking to others? Well it’s Yixing, he’s my friend. But. . .

I gulped this forming lump on my throat, “I am just asking why not talk to me. We’re friends.”

She shifted back at her position, looking forward again. “You. . .hated it.”

I snapped my head back at her, what?

“Luhan, you see.” She paused again, as if hesitating to continue.  “I am talkative. Oppa and Yixing are sure aware of it. I know you’ll just hate it the moment I started talking.” She looked at me, “You won’t listen to me. As much as I wanted to talk to you, I can’t risk it, I’ll just annoy you.”

Dear God, please. Make it the moment I turn this car in the corner, it’ll be my house. This drive is getting more suffocating I think I’ll drown.

“I’ll just make you stay away me more.”

Why is it so gut-shattering? Sure, I really hate talkatives. I hated it especially on women. That makes me sometimes annoyed with Yixing as he’s so damn talkative. But why does she tell it to me like she’s known it for so long? I refuse to think that this is some of her sorcery again.

I denied the overflowing emotions that have been flooding in me. I shouldn’t, no. Not with this freak.

But I sighed, “Why not try?”

She just looked at me, and shook her head. Now she isn’t talking again. I’ve been sighing.

“Try me, really. Talk to me every time you want. Talk to me everything.” I glanced at her. “Try not talking to Yixing too much too, especially on what I’ve been doing to you.” I exhaled, “I can’t stop you from talking to him, but stop telling him what I’m doing. Okay? And, again. Talk to me. “

She isn’t replying, nor looking at me.

“I’ll try to listen.”

With that she looked at me, “Really?” she assured, with that hopeful eyes.

“I promise. I’ll try.”

She smiled, and mumbled her ‘thank you’.

After that, the tension between us somehow lessened. As for me, this heavy feeling on my chest lightened. And finally, we arrived in our house.

It was around eight we arrived at my house, YeonJin and the other maids were sure surprised to see me entering the house with a freak behind, following me.

“Where’s Dad?” I asked one of the maids trailing us.

“Still not yet home sir.” I nodded; the freak craned her neck around the house. Checking every corner, but making it not obvious. Mostly I’d see her checking on the portraits.

I handed the maids trailing us the soaked jacket she used to cover herself, with her reminding me again that she’ll replace it. Why not just replace that old sweater of yours instead?

“Have you had your dinner sir?” one of the maids asked me, I glanced back at Einsteinette giving her an asking look. She nodded, “No. We’re done.”

I don’t need to tell these maids who is she, though I know they’re so damn curious as hell who is she, and why the hell I have her with me.

“Isn’t she the girl who went here so early? I remember her.” Suddenly, YeonJin was saying talking to no one, but obviously telling the other maids who are so curious.

And this stupid freak replied, “Ah! Yes, Sun Jin Han imnida. Yoro- I mean, nice meeting you.” She bowed, and ended her introduction with that sweet smile of hers again.

The maids were captured with that smile, they were smiling at her now, probably having the hypothesis that’s she’s kind. Well she won’t disappoint you, she’s so damn kind, I doubt she’s willing to die for all of you.

“Come, here. I’ll bring you to your room.” I walked towards the stairs, leading her.

“She’s sleeping here?!” YeonJin yelled all of a sudden.

I rolled my eyes, sure among our maids, YeonJin is the nosiest. “Yes, so shut up okay?”

I quickly grabbed Einsteinette’s wrist, dragging her upstairs. I must not let a single maid to be near her, or rather be alone with her. I know our maids enough that they’ll bugged her to gossip. Let them have their thoughts of what they see.

I led her to one of my rooms before. Actually my room when I was still a kid, but the room was well preserved, still air conditioned even no one is occupying it.

“Here, you’ll sleep here.” I opened the door; I let her walk in first. She strayed her head everywhere. Walked towards the bed, and touching it. “This isn’t your room.”

I scoffed, and laughed. Of course it isn’t my room. What does she expect? I’ll make her sleep in my room?

“But it isn’t a guess room too.” She continued, still looking around the room.

How the hell she knew it? She’s too damn smart?

“Of course it isn’t my room. This was my room before when I was a kid, still preserved.”

“I knew it.”

What? I chuckled as I lean on the door frame, my arms folded on my chest, “How would you know?”

She smiled, “There are no bookshelves.”

I frowned, wha. . .

“Nevermind, thanks for this room, but. . .” she glanced down herself. “Do you have any extra clothes?” he pursed her lips.

I looked down her clothes, her long skirt is sure soaked at it’s hem. I smirked, I know what I’ll be doing with those.

“I still have my closet there; you could wear my old Polo’s. Just suit yourself, and put your soaked clothes at the dumper.”

“Okay, thanks!” she went to the closet, and checked the clothes. Well since I hated wearing Polo’s, all my Polo’s are stuck in that closet. She could wear those. It’ll fit her, probably bigger.

“So sleep well huh? I’m leaving. I’m locking your door, and don’t let any maid talk to you. If you need anything, just knock the door infront.”

She said something, I didn’t understand, maybe because the closet’s door is covering half her body. Checking the clothes, “What?”

“I mean, okay boss!” and she giggled.

With that, I left. Wishing this would be some peaceful night, sleeping would be nice since it’s raining, still hard.