She. . . is weird.

She

 

*skirts/clothes she usually wears, but longer*

 

“So. . . where are we going later?” Yixing punched my left arm lightly while approaching me from behind sitting on the table where I’m leaning my back, feet sitting next to me; I was seating at some random benches at the field.

 

“I. . . am going nowhere tonight.” I boringly said.

 

“Whoa. So since when Lu to the Han the great is going nowhere at a Friday night out?” Yixing scoffed, while he teased me and grinning like a retard. Enjoying my oh-so-obvious misery. “Didn’t you have fun with Tiffers last night? I thought you spent the whooole night?” he continued laughing.

 

I groaned. I can’t make myself tell this friend of mine what really happened to me last night. I am so sure he’ll laugh his head off. And there’s no way Lu to the Han the great is going to be a laughing pit stock of this guy.

 

“Look. I cannot go tonight because. . .” I am still hesitating, while he gives me this what-look.

 

“Because. . .”

 

“Darn it Luhan, just spit it out!” he cursed.

 

Damn this so impatient friend of mine. “Look. You see, I am- fcuk. I am grounded.”

 

Silence. Damn, I know his will happen.

 

There goes his exploding laugh.

 

“Wai- what?! What. What. What. What. Why? How?” Yixing continued his laugh. I knew this would happen. I’ve never been grounded in my entire playing life- I play so safe. “Jeez, I don’t even know how or what to ask you!” laughs.

 

“My father- will you stop laughing first?!” I annoyingly glared him while he forced to keep his laugh.

 

“My father caught me-”

 

“CAUGHT YOU MAKING OUT WITH TIFFERS?”

 

“WTF. Ye- I mean, NO! Why would he even care if I make out with whomever women there? Could you let me finish first?”

 

“Okay. Okay. Continue. Shutting my mouth.”

 

“So my father caught me... smoking.”

 

Yixing just stared at me. I knew this would happen. I should’ve not told him this. He didn’t know I smoke. No one knows actually. Even Tiffany whom I’ve been hanging out for yeah, just weeks. But wait, I think someone saw me smoking before at the back of school grounds. But it was long time ago and I think she never made a big deal out of it. Well if she or he was someone else, he would make it a huge buzz in school that Luhan smoke. And I’ve been eternally doomed.

 

Now my father knows, and he went so, very, too mad about it. He approves me clubbing, drinking, and dating random women since he’s sure I won’t take them seriously. But smoking is a big no. And just last night he caught me.

 

“Wait. You. . .WHAT? Smoke? Since when have you been smoking?!” Yixing made a face. Annoyed? Mad? I couldn’t even figure out. Worried? Hell.

 

“I’ve been smoking. . .for long now I just- urgh. You know how smoking is bad for your health and blah blah blah.” I just laughed it out explaining to him.

 

“You. Are. Not. Making. Any. Sense. Luhan. EXPLAIN!”

 

Here comes the naggy Yixing again, I don’t even know if he’s worried. I mean, we just hang out for fun. He’s cool, I am cool. Then were supposed to hang out together. Friend? I don’t know.

 

“That’s just it. I smoke. But well I guess, not for a while again. I’ll wait until my father cools off about it.”

 

“Luhan. . .”

 

I raised my brow waiting for him to continue.

 

He exhaled, “If you got problems. Tell me. You don’t have to smoke. We could drink your problems away.” He said in a very serious manner.

 

I was left stunned, never I imagined him to be that thoughtful? Be serious in like this? Well perhaps I never did look at him like that. But like THIS?

 

“So I guess I have to stop clubbing too. I won’t enjoy myself while here is my friend being tormented.”

 

I don’t know if he really mean that or he was just being a crap.

 

“I’m fukcing grounded. No cars. No cards. No clubbing. No. . .everything!” I exclaimed.

 

“That means no Tiffers?”

 

“I dumped her already last night.”

 

“Who- wait. That was so fast! Why? Not good enough?” he scoffed.

 

“I got depressed that I was grounded. So yeah, my mood was all the way ruined.”

 

That was true, Tiffany was on my pad last night after my father caught me smoking. And no matter how she “Oppas” me, and all the way too clingy- it was no use. My mood was totally ruined. I really don’t know why I smoke. No one influenced me, I just found myself one time smoking, and I do that when I’m wasted. Guess to celebrate how wasted I am?

 

“Well I guess this would be nice for us to study instead huh?” Yixing nudged my arm.

 

And since when is studying in Zhang Yixings vocabulary? He’s quite smart for that.

 

“What dyou think of tutoring? Huh, Luhan?” he started poking my arm again.

 

“Don’t make me tutor you.”

 

I’m smart, and I thank God for that. That’s one good thing about me. I’m smart. I don’t need to study. But ranking in school doesn’t give me some excitement, knowing I study in a school that is filled with brainiacs.

 

“Who said I’m gonna make you my tutor? No freaking way! I’m smarter than you!”

 

I scoffed. “Then what? Who?”

 

“You heard about those tutors? Those student tutors? I heard-”

 

“I don’t know, and I will not know. Why would I even care? I’m genius enough to need their help.”

 

“Geez, okay. Don’t! I just heard there are a bunch of pretty tutors there.” He continued grinning, like plotting some murderous plan on his mind.

 

“So you’re hitting brainiacs now eh?” I raised an eyebrow. “Tired of hit-”

 

Then he suddenly rushed sitting properly next to me like a kid suddenly caught sitting inappropriately, and focusing his eyes on somewhere. . . someone?

 

“There! There! She’s the prettiest of all the tutors in the tutoring club!” He said whispering on me while his eyes are glued to that girl that. . . I just couldn’t believe what he told me when I turned my head to that girl he was ogling of.

 

“Wait. Are you freaking blind now Zhang Yixing? You call that. . .pretty?!” I questioned him with a horrifying look. It’s true, I mean just looking at the girl Yixing is staring at. . .she’s way far from the definition of pretty.

 

Messy ponytail. Long unironed skirts down her feet, I wonder if she doesn’t trip stepping on it. And long knitted sleeves, in this hot summer? I can smell how she’d reek with those clothes. Embracing like two or three thick encyclopediac books. Shoulder bag almost slipping on her shoulders. How messy a “pretty” woman could get more? Just a pair of huge eyeglasses and she’s a total freak now. Face? No, I didn’t bother- just her clothes would explain.

 

Yixing just stared at her while she entered one of the buildings; Science building. It’s official. She’s a freaking Einsteinette.

 

“What happened to your eyes Yixing? Oh God. Please do tell me you’re just joking of the so-called-pretty-woman of yours!” I just can’t help it. Yixing is a guy with an exceptional taste to women, and this pretty woman of hers is just so out of his taste. He even made an effort to sit properly next to me as if she would see him. Jeez.

 

“Luhan. Luhan. Luhan. She is pretty. I am telling you. She’s smart. The last time I checked school rankings, she’s on top. And not just last time, but also the last, last, last, last time- no. Since she entered this school! She aced all those years and semesters on top rank! Could you believe that?!” Yixing stating facts on me like I would care.

 

“What do you expect in this school? I know we are smart, but did we bother checking our ranks?”

 

“I ranked 4th the last time.”

 

“What! Since when are you checking your rank?” I exclaimed on him, he never checks his rank. We just don’t care about it.

 

“Since I saw her. I am now conscious of my rank. So sorry dude, I am now officially watching my rank from now on.” He smiled innocently at me. “And oh! You ranked 2nd though, I envy you. Your near her, I should be at least 3rd!”

 

I groaned. I think the world is changing. “Okay. I can’t do anything about that, but tell me HOW she is pretty. Yixing, this is bothering me too much.”

 

“She’s pretty, period. No buts, or whatsoever. Believe me. Aren’t you a genius? Then prove me I am wrong.” He started dusting of his clothes, preparing to leave.

 

“You are actually telling me to stalk her.”

 

“No. I mean, if you want though. But she’s pretty popular. Almost everyone knows her. So. . .” he started walking away.

 

“Do you even know her name?” I rolled my eyes; I know where this is going to.

 

And I heard him cursed.

 

“Sh!t. I fukcing don’t know her name!” he had this shocked expression.

 

“Way to go Zhang Yixing! Hwaiting!” I pumped my fist to , and laughed.

 

“I am so gonna know her name. I am telling you!” He then left but before he gets too far from me, he yelled. “But Luhan! Don’t forget what I told you, call me when you got problem. We could just drink it out okay?”

 

I chuckled. I guess he’s indeed my friend. But then I remembered the girl. . . She is weird. Now it makes me wonder how she messed up Zhang Yixing’s exceptional taste. And this dude even wants me to stalk her?

 

*8*8*

 

So, since I’m grounded. And my so-called-friend didn’t even ask me if I needed a ride back home. I have no choice, and just walk. I hate walking. Darn. And I can’t let people in school know that I am grounded, more so walking home. Everyone knows Luhan owns an Audi. Audi, any kind of Audi.

 

Today, seeing me without my Audi is just a shame. There’s no way I am going to the front gate walking. I need the back exit.

 

“Oppa! You parked your car at the back?” a girl asked me while I was heading opposite where students are going. Shoot. I can’t let- aisht!

 

“Ah, yes. I just have to park it at the back.” I sheepishly smiled at her. I don’t even know her name, but yeah—every girl in the campus calls me oppa.

 

“Ohhh, okay oppa. Take care.” She gave me a sweet smile, and left. Okay, that’s one thing I don’t like. Sweet and innocent girls. Imagining myself with them is just... giving me shivers.

 

As I reached the back exit of the school grounds, thanking god there aren’t students there. I could go home free. Just when I’m about to head out I heard someone.

 

“Oppa! Why are you late? I’ve been here for minutes already!”

 

Her voice. . . even if she’s whining, it sounds. . .

 

“Sorry my dear, traffic.”

 

A husk deep voice replied, they‘re not going to make out right?

 

Then she started speaking again, as much as I focus on what she’s saying. . . I cannot understand it. They were suddenly laughing. That’s when I started to finally peek. My curiosity is bugging me.

 

There I saw... something, no. Someone that would break Zhang Yixing’s heart. Poor dude, hasn’t even made a move and now going to be dumped. But wait, this isn’t right.

 

The weird girl we saw awhile ago had her hair untied and now her black hair is flowing down her back, it didn’t make a change though- but she looks different. And there goes a tall guy draping his arms on her shoulder and leading her to I suppose his car. She was smiling, there I saw her face. . . and she’s. . . I don’t know. Don’t ask me.

 

I looked at the guy, and he’s tall. Tall, period. I somehow got ashamed with my height. He has this golden locks of hair, he’s. . .okay, I hate to admit this, but he’s handsome.

 

But how the hell this freak has a boyfriend like him? Oh God, she isn’t doing some freaking sorcery she learned from her Science classes to them right?

 

*8*8*

 

I arrived home, and surprised to see my father early at home. Maids are all busy, fixing the table. I arrived almost at dinner time; father was just waiting for me at the dining table.

 

“So how was your day my son?” He welcomed me.

 

“Fine. Just fine. Fine walking just to get home.” I replied with an obviously boring tone.

 

He laughs, “Sorry my son, you have to learn.”

 

“But dad, that was just-”

 

“No lame excuses Luhan, don’t tell me it was your first time, when I know you’ve been doing it secretly. I’m just waiting too see and prove it myself, and that happened last night.”

 

“What?” How the heck did he know?

 

“I know you Luhan. You’re my son.” I rolled my eyes. My father, I know he loves me. But having me grounded makes me somehow hate him. He’s been a good father to me, providing my needs, discipline me enough, a mother at the same time. I lost my mom when I was a kid, and that makes me and just my dad; well also the maids living in our gigantic house.

 

I stayed silent and ate.

 

“So my son, what do you think of taking over the company already?” Father suddenly asked me.

 

“What? Aren’t you still young to hand over me your precious company? And I’m still studying.” There’s no way I’m going to take over of the company at this moment. I am still having fun of my life.

 

“You’re smart my son, I know you could even handle our company even without studying business.” Dad is insisting, there’s something about this. I know. He never insists me in doing something, there’s something behind this.

 

There’s something troubling my dad.

 

I stopped eating and, “Dad, tell me. Are you sick?”

 

He stared at me and laugh. “What? No, what made you think of that?” he continued laughing.

 

“Then what? I know there’s something wrong dad. Tell me what’s bothering you?” I looked at him worriedly.

 

He stopped laughing, and smiled. “My son is indeed smart.”

 

“So dad, spill it.” I knew it. There’s something.

 

Dad sighed, “There’s just this some proposal that I need to be signed.”

 

“And you’re having a hard time about it? Since when did you have a hard time making a proposal signed?” Father is always good at those, I mean I haven’t heard him having a hard time running the company, or yet he doesn’t tell me.

 

“Yeah, yeah. But this one’s different. That’s why I am thinking if you could help me.”

 

“Wait, why me? What do I know with middle aged men business? You’re more likely to understand people around your age.”

 

“That’s exactly my problem. He isn’t around my age, or neither near to my age. I never thought kids these days would be this smart and hard. No wonder a lot are asking for partnership with him.” He sighed.

 

I arched my brow, “So dad you mean. . . he’s young? How young?” Now it irked my curiosity.

 

“How old are you dear?”

 

“I’m 22.” Don’t tell me he’s just around my age. How could he be managing his own company!

 

“Same.”

 

Silence.

 

“You mean he’s just 22 and he owns a company?” I just can’t make myself believe that.

 

“Not just a company, but a BIG company. He’s giving us oldies a hard time.”

 

It bugged me, knowing we’re at the same age and here he is, owning his own company. While I, myself is wasting time studying. I just can’t make myself accept that. I should be at least at the same standing with him. I suddenly thought I’m wasting my brain for some non-sense in school. And now he’s even giving my father a hard time thinking how he’ll negotiate with him.

 

“I’m gonna deal with it.” I said.

 

My father seems to be amused, “I knew you would.” He smirked. I guess now he’s thinking that I’m gonna prove him something.

 

I am. I am to prove him I can do something.                                                                        

 

“So if this became successful, I’m gonna get back your car, cards, anything. Name it.”

 

Geez, I suddenly forgot that I was grounded that I don’t have anything with me. And what? Until it became successful?

 

“Wait, dad. So you mean I have to suffer long without a car? Till when!?”

 

“I’m giving you enough time to deal with this dude. If I can see you’re doing great, I could give you back your car- just promise that no matter what you have to make this dude sign. Okay? I’m making this simple for you, son.” My father assured.

 

“Okay. Okay. Now tell me who’s this dude. Where can I see him, what he does, girlfriend, family, whatsoever information.” Now I am eager to work on this.

 

“As I know, he doesn’t have a family? That’s why he himself owns their company. And girlfriend, seriously my son. You have to know that?”

 

“It may help dad, I know my ways.” I laughed. I don’t know what’s I’m planning. I just have to know.

 

“That’s all I know. He’s so private, that makes me wonder more.” A thin line was formed into my father’s lips. He’s serious about this.

 

“So, who’s he? I might know him. Who knows?” I chuckled at my ridiculous thought. I don’t think that’s gonna happen.

 

“Wu Yifan. That’s his name.”

 

Wu Yifan. I’m going gonna hunt you.