She. . .texted me.

She

 

“You’ve been staring at the freak for almost forty-seven minutes now Luhan gege.”

I snapped my head where the voice came from, and I didn’t realize Zitao has been sitting beside me for awhile now. Probably for forty-seven minutes now, and now looking at the direction where was my attention.

“Oh, Tao.” I mumbled, acknowledging his presence, and I kinda felt guilty, he caught me watching her for almost an hour now. And what? Just plainly staring at her, I asked myself why, and I don’t know. Perhaps to find something that would answer my confusion about her, but none. All she did for the past hour was take down notes, study, read, and everything that concerns with her notes and books.

Zitao scowled, “What’s with that freak that you, Yixing gege, and Xiumin gege are so all over with?”

“All over with? Are you nuts?!” I tried defended myself in horror.

He chuckled, “Well, Yixing gege is always with her, he doesn’t hang with us more often now too, and look at you now, instead of sticking around with us, here you are wasting your time staring at her.” He paused, “Seriously Luhan gege, what’s happening to you? You don’t just sit around hovering your eyes on girls, given how much attracted that girl is.”

I looked at him now frowning, true. If there’s anyone in us four, it’s probably Tao who has the same attitude with me towards girls, if Yixing is the romantic one, not the both of us.

I looked back at her again, “She’s not attracting.”

“Exactly!” Zitao bellowed, “Why are you all so smitten to her?”

I couldn’t . . .talk back, it’s not that I’m smitten about her, I am just curious. I sighed, and I know Zitao noticed it, that made him move. “Okay,” he pulled his arms up surrendering like I am accusing him of something, when I all I did was to sigh, “I won’t bother you, but I think I know now eh?”

I looked backed at him beside me, and I saw the glint in his eyes as he leaned closer pinning my eyes, and it made me alarmed. And the next thing he blurted out made me. . .

“You’re trying to hit a huh?”

, my mouth gapped, and he was now smirking, and before I could talk back, he stood up and left. There’s no use to fight back what he said, he won’t believe it. Zitao judges whatever he observes, and if not with Yixing’s warning and all these proposal sh!ts, he could be right. I could be trying to hit a .

But no, not. Especially, not her. With all the warning, and sh!ts that happen, I couldn’t think of hitting her, or anybody right now.

I sat back watching her again, watching every sedate move she does, as her hair slides down her shoulder making her face hidden and it annoyed me that she didn’t even tucked it on her ears and let it messily ruined the view from where I am, the face I’ve been staring at, the face that’s all too serious for the last hour just studying.

Just awhile ago, Yixing texted me. Asking me where would I be at Wednesday, if I do have any plans.

The text was so. . .weird.

 

From: Zhang Dimples          07:08 A.M. 02/13/2013

Morning! :) Where would you be on Wednesday? Do you have plans that day?

 

Why the hell Yixing would text me early in the morning just for that, and he won’t text on weekdays since we’re just going to meet here, and we’ll just have the time of our lives just to talk it out personally, and Zhang Yixing hates those fcuking emoticons as much as I do, and there comes a stupid smiling face after Morning? And since when did Zhang Yixing start texting me with a “Morning” as the first freaking word on his text?

I groaned, and the sight of her hair hiding her face is making me more frustrated. That’s when I decided to finally approach her.

I walked towards her, and I don’t know if she’s deaf or what, but I am now sitting opposite her, yet she still hasn’t noticed me. I rolled my eyes; I had my elbows leaning on the table, where all her things are splattered.

None.

Is she this focused when studying?

“You should just cut your hair if it’s all that messy.” Her hair isn’t messy, it’s fine. Very fine actually, and I find myself wanting to run my fingers on it. It’s been awhile since I’ve done that, and fcuk only in the middle of .

I just made that foolish comment so she would know I’m here, and thankfully she stilled. Glancing slowly at my direction, “Luhan.” She mumbled so soft; I thought I wouldn’t hear again.

I didn’t know what happened, but I found myself standing up, walking at her back, and. . . I exhaled, I’m doing this. No backing out.

I placed both my palms at the crown of her head, digging my fingers on the strands of her hair, yes. I am pony tailing her hair. This looks so gay, but fcuk, I don’t know why I am doing this and I am liking everything, how her hair feels under my palms.

I grabbed the locks of her hair, pulling it all at the center, gripping it tight to hold it, how her hair smells started reeking in my nose, and I wanted to inhale every second. I glanced at her table looking for some scrunchie, and saw nothing. I can feel her tense under my hold. I glanced around us, and lucky no one is around.

“Don’t you have some scrunchie? Rubber bands?  Anything to tie your hair?” I finally asked, still gripping her hair in my fist.

Her head shook, I sighed. “A girl with a long messy hair goes to school, doesn’t even bother to bring at least rubber bands?” I clicked my tongue, I have to tie her hair, or my efforts of standing here, tying it up would be wasted.

Using my free hand, I fished out my handkerchief at my pocket, unfolding it as I shake it, making it a tie; I tied her hair using it.

After, I sat back beside her from my usual position, and as I look at her, her face was transfixed.

“What did you just do?” she asked me remotely, like I did some stupid thing.

“I just tied your hair, isn’t that obvious?”

“But why?” she frowned.

Okay, I understand that it’s unusual for a guy tying a girls hair, but I was so. . .caught up of the moment. I wanted to do it.

Because I wanted to feel your hair on my hold, feel how soft, how thick, how silky it would be in my skin. . .“Because your hair is so messy.”

And with that, I saw how her face reacted, and I wanted to take my words back.

She held the tip of her tied hair and looked at it, “It is messy.” And I didn’t know if it was a question or she’s stating it, but her tone confused me.

“It’s sweet though.” She smiled at me, but the hint of sadness lingers. “Oppa has done it once to me, but I have to cry for him to do that.” She moved the trunk of her body in front of the table again not continuing what she was telling, she started to work. “Thank You.”

I smiled, but she didn’t see it, and how I wish she did. If I have to mock her hair being all this messy, I will. I will just to have that moment again, and fcuk. I am going crazy.

I might just check other girls, and tie their hair up.

“Can you come with me this Wednesday?” she suddenly asked.

My eyes were skimming at her things at the table, when something caught my eyes. My eyes widened, I think I saw. . .

“Hey!” she poked my arm, “Can you?”

But no, I’m distracted, I’m seeing Zhang Yixing’s phone beside her bag.

“Isn’t that Yixing’s phone?” I frowned.

She snapped her head at the direction I was looking and immediately grabbed the phone back her bag.

It’s too late, I am positive. It’s Zhang Yixing’s phone, that so unusual purple iPhone case that I think only he has in this entire universe.

“Why do you have it?” I frowned, I didn’t know whether to be mad or, but I am sure she didn’t steal it from Yixing.

She was quiet.

I grabbed her arm, “Why?”

“We-we- We exchanged phones.” She mumbled frightening.

And suddenly I recalled the text I received this morning. She’s the one who texted me?

“So you were the one who texted me this morning?”

Her eyes widened, and looked down. She nodded slowly, I scowled.

“I knew it wasn’t Yixing.”

She looked sorry again, not talking. Damn, this freak!

“Why?”

“Because I wanted to ask you that.”

I rolled my eyes, how could she be this- “You could just ask me personally, like what you were just doing!”

“I was. . . I was just excited, I wanted to make sure so I texted you right away after Myungsoo-ssi told me about this Wednesday. And I know if I texted you with my number, you won’t text me back, and knowing. . .” she started biting her lower lip, “How close you and Yixing, he told me you will reply, and you actually did! You texted me back and you said you’re free!” she now beamed at me.

Wait, what? Myungsoo? “Wait, I think I heard Myungsoo? What it is with him again now?”

“Myungsoo-ssi will be celebrating his birthday, everyone is invited. So am I, and so are you. Yixing too, and Xiumin-ssi, and your other friend Zitao-ssi. Will you please come?” she protruded her lower lip, and since when did she start doing aegyo?

I scoffed, “And why would I be going to that party huh?”

“Because you’re friends are coming too, and you love parties. Oh! It’s not actually a party you call; it’ll be on an island. Their private island.” She smiled excitedly.

As expected from Kim Myungsoo, very extravagant, he never fails to celebrate his birthday in something like this, and now he’s taking it off to an island eh?

“Look, you know I’m grounded. Yixing would be there, no need for me. He’ll keep you company.” I jilted the offer, if not with the sudden confrontation with Myungsoo, I would be hovering all over her there, but I know Myungsoo would do no harm to her. He’s more into protecting her, and suddenly I felt no use.

“No! It is Myungsoo’s father inviting you, your father could never reject. I won’t come in there if you won’t go.”

“That’s bullsh!t!” she covered her ears as I almost yelled, how dare she make this kind of decision? I tried very hard to calm down, “Look again, you don’t need me there. Everyone there would keep you company. “

I saw her shoulders slumped, “Myungsoo-ssi wanted me there, and I told him I won’t go if you don’t.”

Wanted. Told him.

Just those two words are like, she’s indirectly telling me that if I don’t come, Myungsoo will kill me. If she didn’t appear in that event, it is all because of me. Fcuk this freak and her manipulative ways.

Speaking of how everyone wanted me to stay away from her.

I sighed exhaustedly, it’s no se to fight.

“But in one condition.”

The forming smile at her lips immediately turned into a pout. Might as well take this opportunity to somehow make a change on her.

“What?”

“Stop wearing that hideous sweater of yours.”

Her face was beyond shocked, “Bu- bu-“

Before she could talk, I stood up again behind her. From her behind, I took her left wrist, and pulled down the hem of her sweater. Again, I am taking off her sweater, like a retard patient she is who doesn’t know how to change her clothes. But this looks. . .more weird.

She just let me do it, she wanted so badly for me to come huh?

After I pulled it off completely, and hanged it onto my elbow, “I’m keeping this. So you can’t wear it.”

I smirked, but then, I can’t help to smile. I smiled, that sincere smile, and the moment it reached her eyes, she looked down, totally dismissing my eyes.

“Okay.”

“Okay, what? You’re now. . .coming?” she asked me unsurely, but the excitedness is hinting to burst just around her voice.“Like I have a cho-“

I wasn’t able to finish, she immediately threw her body at me, hugging me tight in this awkward position when we both are seated opposite each other. Murmuring her endless thank you’s at my neck.

And here I am again, sniffing all the opportunity I have to inhale this precious lemon grass scent of her.