She. . .really sings.

She

 

It was lunch time when I expected her to be approaching Yixing, asking him to play the guitar for her, and indeed I saw her heading to Yixing’s class still holding that guitar, with her unusual jolly mood. She’s excited, I could see it.

I was walking towards the same direction where she is heading; I just couldn’t wait how Yixing would refuse her, and how pitiful her expression would be. Stupid, but I’m smirking on my own as I walk.

It was like an intersection, where she walks from South, to the center, and I walk from West to the center till we reach Yixing’s classroom. And exactly on time, Yixing was about to leave the room, just one step and his foot would be out the room. I was just a meter away, yet the freak hasn’t noticed me, yet Yixing took knowledge of my presence.

“Yixing!” she approached Yixing with that stupid smile again, and of course, Yixing would be all smiley showing his dimples too. But then the freak is holding a guitar, and there’s no way Zhang Yixing wouldn’t notice it.

I saw him glanced down the guitar, stared at it for a second or more, and then immediately shifting back his eyes on her. “Oh, Jinhan. What brought you here and a. . .guitar?” he frowned.

“Is Myungsoo-ssi there?”

Fcuk, I frowned. So is Zhang Yixing frowning deeper.

Why would she be looking for Kim fukcing Myungsoo? The all so known bad boy of school? I glanced at Yixing, he gave me that wtf look. That’s when the freak noticed me too.

“Oh, Luhan! You’re here too!” she looked at me, and smiled. However, looked back in the room again; searching, craning her neck inside. She looked at me like I was just a boring poster, and ignored. She never treated me like this. I looked in the room too, there I saw Myungsoo sitting rude and carelessly on the desk like an obedient student would ever do, laughing at some weird talks his group is having. Professor isn’t around; I doubt he’d layover even if Professor is around.

How I wish he ditched today’s class.

“Myungsoo-ssi!” what the hell is she doing, really? What is her business with Myungsoo?

I can sense Yixing panicked, I almost crossed my fingers that Myungsoo wouldn’t hear his name being called, but too bad the freak yelled quite too loud.

Kim Myungsoo is a delinquent. He does dirty, everything is dirty. Any business; from academics, to friends, to women, to everything. The only reason he could still stay here is because of the influence of his father. Who wouldn’t be scared if his father is the head of some underground black syndicate that runs all over South Korea? Even my father would back off interfering their business. No, not in terms of financial company matters, but his father could work on your immediate death in any possible way in matter of minutes that Arthur Conan Doyle won’t even solve. Another reason, why Myungsoo is some kind of god in here, everyone is scared of him, but look at this freak, even yelling his name like they are old fukcing friends. How did they even know each other?

Einsteinette is too innocent for him for fukcsakes. I know I have no good intentions on her, but Myungsoo is out of that line. If I could do bad on her, Myungsoo could do the worst.

And I am very aware Zhang Yixing knows that too, and knowing how protective he is to this freak. . .

“Jinhan, why. . .what do you need with Myungsoo-ssi?” Yixing finally asked. I didn’t know but I sighed, my throat is somehow constricted I can’t find it to talk.

Einsteinette being asked didn’t even looked at Yixing, instead still fixing her eyes on the sight of Myungsoo’s back. Then she looked at him, “Oh, I just wanted to ask for some help.”

“What help? Can’t you just ask me instead?” if Yixing has been frowning a few seconds ago, now he sounded mad. I was stuck there watching them talk.

That’s when left a soft chuckle and looked at Yixing, “You can’t help me.” She said. How sure she is? Yixing scowled and about to speak when she cut him “You told me you don’t know how to play guitar.”

That’s when my frown faded and was replaced by my inching eyebrows in surprise. I glanced at Yixing and he has this guilty look on her, wow. I didn’t expect he would tell her that, I mean he never tells that he doesn’t know. He’s always ignoring the question, like telling silence means yes. But telling it directly that he doesn’t know? I scoffed.

No wonder Einsteinette was beaming on me yesterday when I told her guitar its Yixing’s expertise, now she knows he’s lying.  But that doesn’t make sense. Why is she here for Kim Myungsoo?

Yixing cleared his throat, “Uh- but why are you looking for Myungsoo-ssi?”

That’s when my focus crashed down when I heard Myungsoo’s voice, “Gakky!”

I looked where his voice came from, as I looked in the room I saw him took acknowledge of the freaks presence, and called her Gakky? With his stupid perfect English accent.

I frowned, what’s with the Gakky name again?

I started to worry, and I can tense Zhang Yixing too is all so worked up now that Myungsoo has seen her.

Myungsoo shifted his body towards our direction, leaving his friends and the desk he was sitting and walking with all the swag he has towards us with that. . .unusual smile on his face directing on Einsteinette.

It’s the kind of smile that has so many meanings, yet would be misunderstood once it was known it’s from him.

He’s smile changed when he saw us, and the smile he had awhile ago suddenly changed into that dirty smug face.

“Myungsoo-ssi knows how to play, I was thinking if he could help me.” That’s when she replied to Yixing’s question. And I am very aware Myungsoo is listening to it.

I was tensed, and that sudden feeling the last time this freak made me so all worked up the night she spent with me is coming back.

“So you brought a guitar with you now eh?” Myungsoo replied with that malicious smirk on his lips. This must stop, she can’t-

The freak nodded excitedly, “Un! Can you-“ then her smile disappeared when I saw Yixing dragging her away. “I can just teach you.” Yixing said before he started dragging her away.

And I realized I was holding my breath, I feel like gasping for air after the tension that happened.

Myungsoo leaned his neck out the door, his eyes following where Yixing went, “So. . . I see both of you are all over her eh?” he started with his lips pursing on his teeth.

I blankly looked at him, “Myungsoo, whatever your business with her, spare her.”

He chuckled, “What? What am I even doing?”

“Myungsoo, I know-“

“Look, I know you know that whatever I do, no one- neither you alone can interfere it with. So stop begging me for whatever sh!t you are thinking of.” He looked at me with his intimidating eyes. I was never intimidated, but not now; with the way he’s glaring at me like warning me of something.

He shifted his head on the other side and looked back at me again, “I know we all have the same business with her, it’s to have the goal! Just look how innocent and shy she is.” sh!t. He can’t be talking about this. I am very aware of what goal is he talking back. Myungsoo’s very famous goal is to lay every woman he wanted and fcuk the hell out of her.

“Now, may the best man win eh?” he smirked.

I was left speechless; I can’t find myself to talk back. Not that silence means yes is working, but comprehending on everything he told me.

Images of him with Einsteinette is flooding my mind, of the things he could do to her. And I can see the poor little freak bawling out her senses.

“Now, now. Why don’t you follow your best friend? He might have it first than you?” he chuckled again, and left.

I ran, and ran, and ran, and ran. Checking any possible places where they could be, but none. It took me minutes to realize that they could be in the music room with the presence of guitar. The stupid me haven’t thought of earlier because of the fcuking events that happened.

I walked slowly at the corridor where the music room is just a few steps away. I peaked in the rectangular glass window pane in the door; there I saw her sitting in front of the piano. Pulling up its cover.

“Who gave you the fcuking idea to even talk with Kim Myungsoo?” I heard Yixing cursed and roared, he’s mad. Jeez.

“Hey! You’re cursing now too! “ as always, she’d say it.

“Answer me.”

“It’s- it’s. . .Yixing you’re scaring me.” She gasped and stifled a sob, fcuk she’s going to cry. Just the sound she's making is making me cringed. I couldn’t see her face, but I can see her facing Yixing, why must it be the piano facing the side of the door!

Yixing’s cold and mad aura immediately disappeared and panicked, “No.” he was about to hold her but refrained, and just raked his hands on his hair frustratingly.

“No. No. Jinhan, no. I was just worried. I think you know who Kim Myungsoo is.” Yixing calmed her.

She looked at the piano keys; I can see her face painted with sulk.

“He’s the only one I know who could play the guitar, and he could get the guitar chords of the piano keys just by listening. He’s a genius.”

How the hell did she even know Myungsoo plays guitar? Never did I saw him playing a guitar, nor any musical instruments. It’s not his thing, and just imagining him with these is making my head ache.

They have some hidden past now?

“How did you know?” Yixing asked my unheard question.

“It so happens that-“ she  stopped from continuing and shook her head, “No. Nothing.”

She tends to always spill in hidden and intriguing facts. She is weird, so is Myungsoo. No wonder.

“And I thought you don’t know how to play guitar?” now she asked Yixing.

Now Yixing, how are you gonna explain on her?

Yixing stayed quiet, I know he won’t answer it. I know how he hates it when everything would came crashing in his mind again. Now this? I waited.

“Nevemind. Luhan told me it’s your expertise.” She giggled, I saw Yixing frowned. “As much how I wanted to know your reason behind it, I won’t force you. Can you just help me?” she started ping the guitar case, pulling out that maroon guitar, handing it out to Yixing.

Yixing was just following everything, not speaking, more like lost. I know how hard it is for him now.

She sat back in front of the piano, as Yixing pulled a chair and sit just right behind her.

“Can you make guitar chords by piano? I’ll play the keys, and you do the guitar chords? Is that okay?”

Yixing just nodded, if not with this kind of situation, I can picture him asking what are they doing for, and I am curious to know too.

She started weighing in the keys of the piano. Each note echoed through the music room, now I wonder why music room isn’t sound proof?

Looking how she started pressing in the keys, I remember the times I used to play the piano too. And now looking at her, I know she loves what she’s doing. She enjoys it, and that’s important. Enjoying it.

I saw Yixing surprised on how she played the piano. Not all who can play piano looked like her, like her who plays it softly, heavenly and glorious.

She stopped, “Now can you?”

Yixing smiled, forgetting all the tension he has. “Yes, it’s easy.”

He started strumming the guitar, that’s when she beamed again her excitement, “Perfect!”

Zhang Yixing, the music genius he was. He loves music, the he almost devoted his life doing music, composing and composing. Guitar was his girlfriend, he could do anything with it. He dreamt of being the next best musician around. The time came where he asked his father if he could study it, But being the only heir of their company his father opposed, and insisted he’s purpose is to manage their series of company. A lot of things happened; to the point his father burned everything, from all his musical instruments to all his compositions.

With that he swore, he’ll never play guitar again, and anything that would lead him to music.

Now here is this freak, giving him hope?

She continued, “Dyou know I can sing?” I suddenly laughed, quietly for them not to hear. Here she is bragging about her singing ability, oh please. Don’t make her sing.

Yixing smiled wider, “That’s no surprise!” he chuckled, “I’m just actually waiting for you to tell me. With that soft voice of yours, I know you could sing.” Oh, no Yixing don’t placate her, you’re just making her head blow. I know you’re a music genius, but no.

She squealed, “Wow!” I can tell her pursing her lips, “I’m glad you believe, you wanna hear it?”

Why do I feel she’s making me guilty.

“Right now? My pleasure!” dimples are showing again.

“But I can’t sing Korean, and Chinese.”

I frowned, oh- yes. Japanese and fcuk. Yixing knows five languages being the business devoted now he is; and Japanese is one of- again, is expertise.

“Japanese?” Yixing guessed.

She nodded. Quite nervous that Yixing would respond the opposite of what she’s wanted.

Yixing grinned more, “That’s just great, I appreciate Japanese songs.”

“You do understand Japanese?”

Yixing nodded, and she was suddenly annoyed. “Why didn’t you tell me! I could’ve have been talking to you in Japanese.” I was suddenly constricted at what she said.

Yixing chuckled, “No. You can’t do that. People would look at us uncanny.”

And she laughed, that laughed I quiet didn’t hear from her for awhile now. Suddenly I wanted to hear it longer, but she stopped.

“Just do the notes when you think you should strum it okay? You’re a genius, you must know that.”

Yxing seems to be enjoying everything, and so is me. I find myself anticipating for it. But somehow I’m scared, scared of the thought that she could really sing, yet I ignored. And scared on how awful she would sing that it would scare my ears.

Untill. . .

She started, and like a pile of freezing water was poured into me. I froze on my spot.

Remorse slowly creeped into my veins, she could sing. Not just sing, but she could sing it so. . .oh god.

I can’t even look at her while she plays, fcuk knowing Yixings reaction on this; my reaction is far way unexplainable, and I can feel goose bumps are running in my entire body. I leaned on the wall next the door, my back lying flat. Feeling the cold flat wall on my back as her tremendous voice filled my ears. I know her voice wil hunt me down until I sleep.

I couldn’t understand a single word, yet. . .the emotions are well poured in the song.

She never failed to surprise me, and I know she never will.

 

Now I'm scared. Scared of what she'll surprise me next. Suddenly I wanted to stay away from her, why? I'm afraid.

I'm getting afraid. Afraid of what she's starting to make me feel. It's disturbing me.