She. . . is a Witch. Jeez.

She

Monday, and my weekends passed like a trash. I thank my father for grounding me.

The idea of Wu Yifan made my weekends thinking, father told me that there was not that much public information about him. Wu Yifan is very private. Very private, that even hiring a private investigator wouldn’t help. I guess meeting him is the only way of finding more about him. It’s really bothering me.

Now it’s Monday, another week at this brainiac institution. At least I am not stuck in the house. Since I’ve thought about me just wasting my brain here studying, and that Yifan guy is owning his own company;  suddenly I realized of how lucky I am, and screwing my thoughts about him being so great managing his own company at the same age as mine. There he is thinking how his company would grow, and here I am having the time of my life having fun.  But still I am damn curious, I wanna dig in more.

I never thought being grounded could make my thoughts this bothered. I am not used to be stuck up just thinking, no matter how I engaged myself on thinking about something important. I always make myself out. Clubbing, drinking, whatever just- not stuck at house thinking.

How I’ve been wondering why Yixing didn’t even bother calling me the last two days, I won’t buy that he would stop clubbing like he told me. He just can’t live a day without a woman grinding on his lap. Speaking of woman, I’m so thrilled now to tell him the good news and see how his heart would break.

‘Now where is that friend of mine?’ I longed my neck while I walk at the school grounds hoping I’d see him around. He’s always everywhere, making out with girls, or whatever as long as a girl is involved; but knowing I’m too early, and that dimple guy is always forever late. It’s hopeless.

My classes would start hours from now, but here I am like an early-bird hunting for its prey; it’s Yixing. I just have to leave our house. The last 48 hours I stayed in there is just too much for me to endure.

If only I could just make out with some random girl around school, but no. Since it’s too early and it’s freaking 7 a.m., this is the holy hours of brainiacs. They go this early at school to study and do some brain wrecking researches. I have no choice.

I walked to the library; a few people are giving me glances while I head to the library. They- those brainiacs, knows I’m a genius that is just wasting his brain. Never in their entire lives had they existed here in school, would they see me IN the library.

No one knows. . .’ I just gave a smirk.

As I opened the door, few students jerked their heads towards my direction. Murmurs started to pollute my ears. Some were giggling, keeping their eyes on me as I walk through the aisle. This would make a huge fuss later.

I was just looking around until somethi- no. Someone caught my attention at the study table ward. There she is, the Einsteinette Zhang Yixing is in love with.  All the tables were full, but not the tables around her. It’s like there’s a huge placard above her head saying “I am studying, don’t come 5 meter radius around me.” Or perhaps, other brainiacs just couldn’t stand her... smell? I’ve thought of that since she seems to not change her clothes, or her sweater. Also to think of it, she wears sweater even if it’s so-very hot in summer. Just imagine the galloons she’s sweating, how reeking could she get? I could just shiver at the mere thought of it.

She’s obviously studying, writing on her notes. Six opened books were all spread on her table, another thing no one would seat in with her. Like she consumed every space the table has.

Then I had an idea, I won’t give a damn to whatever sh!t would fuss around at school later.

Eyes were still on me as I head on the classics section, trailing my finger on the titles on the shelf until my finger stopped at The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. I’ve read this way back before, and this would be one of the most memorable books I’ve read. I just need some props on my plan.

I grabbed the book and walked towards her direction. I prepared my nose to inhale such poisonous smell as I walk near here. I walked nearer, and nearer and my nose failed to smell such odor but smelled something. . .why the fukc I always can’t make myself define anything that I. . .bullsh!t. I just ignored the thought.

I stood at the other side of the table she’s where at, and I could hear murmurs are getting louder. She still didn’t bother looking at me after I obviously made a sound when I pulled on the chair in front her and sit. Is she deaf?

I cleared my throat. “Can I sit here?” holding the book I had; I waited for her to at least look at me. And her smell do bothers me a lot. I just can’t make myself explain.

She was writing and stopped, and then she finally glanced at me and .

For that almost nanosecond she looked at me, Zhang Yixing isn’t lying.

She’s pretty. No, beautiful. End of discussion.

I found myself suddenly staring at her, recalling my thoughts how beautiful she is. She hummed an agreeing tone and that tiny curve her lips made didn’t escape my eyes.

I came back at my thoughts when I realized her still staring at my hand, no. At the book I was holding. She wasn’t speaking, but she was staring at it for unlawful seconds already.

I cleared my throat, “Uh, do you need this book? You can u-”

“You’ve read that book already.” she said too softly still staring at the book, I thought I won’t hear it.

“What?” I asked in a shocked expression, still trying to keep my tone down. I furrowed my brows. How the hell she knows I’ve read this book?!

“It was two months ago. . .” She continued absent mindedly, like she’s talking to herself. Then like a snap, she woke up from her thoughts and looked at me with an aghast face.

“Oh, sorry sorry!” she said a little louder and stood up, hurriedly closing the books that were laid on the table. Putting them all in her bag in a clumsily.

I was left with my mouth agape. It’s like things happened too fast that my brain couldn’t absorb.

Immediately standing up she hanged the straps of her backpack on her shoulder, not even bother closing its lid. She’s moving too quickly like she’s guilty of something.

And I found her heading out. I just can’t let her leave me like this.

Standing up from my chair, I dashed towards her and held her arm. She jerked her head towards me and saw, she winced in her eyes with my sudden hold.

There’s just something in her eyes when she looked at me, and here I am couldn’t explain it again. I am very sure I held her arm not too hard, but with the look she gave me—it’s like I held her too hard- too tight that I just had to let her go immediately.

“Again, I’m very sorry. This won’t happen again. I deeply apologize.” She said very softly, that I doubt even a man standing next beside me won’t hear. Now she’s bowing at me and I just can’t help to gave her a what-the-fukc-look. I am so confused of what’s happening.

She left. Making the entire library population buzzing the hell out on what she just did, and here I am again- bothered, and so confused to what just happened.

She bugs me; I am so sure of it.

Standing at the library, like some tremendous voltage hit me, I looked at the book on my hand, I held it in front of my face. ‘How the hell she knows it? She even knows when?!’

*8*8*

“Luhan!” Zhang Yixing lightly punched my arm from behind, disturbing my trailing thoughts from the events awhile ago. I just can’t talk to this man. Not now. My thoughts are still clouded.

“Guess what, I finally know her name! Guess everyone in the campus actually knows her name.” Yixing sounds very excited. I’ve never heard him this excited before.

“Is that about the Einsteinette?” I am sure. I need to find my ways now easier to know her.

“Yes! She’s Shun-Jin-Han.” He grinned.

“Wait. What? Is that even a name?” I’ve been to Korea for long now, but haven’t encountered such name that would be some adjective in Hangeul.

“Actually, that isn’t her name. It’s just what everyone calls her.”

“And you didn’t actually know her real name?” I raised a brow. Knowing Zhang Yixing, he isn’t a buyer of nicknames.

He sighed like he lost of something. “I am bothered actually; no one knows her real name.”

“Yixing, that’s just a piece of a cheese to you. What’s the use of your charms at the registrar?” I am very aware of his habits in the reigistrar on how he get to know the trending names at school.

“I did that! But, they just can’t give me any. Her records like don’t exist.”

Just, what? Her records like don’t exist? What the-

“She’s some kind of witch. No, she is a witch! Jeez!” I just can’t help out my frustrations.

No records. Brainiac. Suddenly seeing the past? And I hate to admit this but- damn. She’s also a beauty, what else she could be? Definitely someone out of this human world, a Witch.

“What? You’ve got to be kidding me Luhan, you still believe in those? Not just because she doesn’t ha-“

“Stop! Look. There’s something about her. Haven’t you heard yet what happened to me with her this morning at the library? I am very sure the whole campus has been talking about it!” I yelled silently at him.

Yixing just stared at me blankly, tilting his head and knitting his brows in confusion.

“You haven’t heard?” it’s impossible.

“Yes- no, I mean- there’s a commotion awhile I go in the library with Sunjinhan involved, but I never thought it would be you!”

“It is me. And I am telling you man, she’s-“

He suddenly laughed. “I never thought you could be this stupid Luhan,” He continued laughing. “Yes, there’s something about her, but its not- no, it’s impossible for her to be that what you are saying. What happened to your brain? Is that what you get from being grounded?”

I realized how too stupid what I was thinking, but it’s just so… weird. I can’t help those thoughts.

“Maybe you should stop hitting on her too. She got this blondie boyfriend already.” I scoffed.

“Wa—WHAT? You’ve got to be kid-“

“I am not a kid, and definitely I am not kidding. I saw her last Friday, there at the back, her tall blondie boyfriend just fetched her.” I continued, “Oppa! Why are you late? I’ve been here for minutes already!’” I mimicked her whining voice I heard.

Yixing was just staring at me; shocked. He won’t believe me. I know.

I rolled my eyes.

“Look, before any fictitious creature comes out from your mouth again—like you’ve read the entire volume of Lord of The Rings and watched Disney, but I am sure you’ve never heard those ring lords and those Mickey’s. Let’s just stop this and let me stalk her more. Now I wonder what Xiumin and the rest would think about these fairy tales you’re plotting. Just wait when they get back.” He smirked.

I almost forgot our other friends, shoot!

“When are they coming back anyway?” I asked. I kinda miss them, they've been away for weeks now.

“This Wednesday? I heard there’s a big corporate event on Saturday. You’re daddy, my daddy, and their daddy’s, and US babies are going to be there. Why are you not even aware of these business events?”

“I-. . . I don’t know. I’ve been preoccupied these days.” I had my eyes everywhere. Looking around.

“Is that about. . . being grounded?”

“No. It’s just about someone my father told me, this 22 year old guy who owns his own company and making it hard for my dad to approve his proposal.”

“You mean Wu Yifan?” Yixing sounded like I am a dumb person who just happen to know a fact.

“You know him?” Again, I am amazed how I think I’m the only one who doesn’t know this Wu Yifan guy.

He chuckled and, “Who doesn’t know Wu Yifan? The only guy who owns a company at 22! He’s a dragon!” he exclaimed.

I sighed. Now, now. I'm more pressured, and bothered. I am the only one who doesn’t know him.