Chapter 9

Slipping Away

Kai's cellphone alarm woke him up at 7 o'clock sharp. He turned it off and got up from his bed staring at the wallpaper of his phone. His picture with RiA when they had school trip to Busan. He still use the same wallpaper as five years ago.

kriing!

Kai: Yoboseyo, Mr. Kang

Mr. Kang: Good morning, sir. Sorry to bother you in the morning.

Kai: It’s okay. Any good news?

Mr. Kang: It’s really difficult to find her, sir. Her family really protects her. But, I got a little about her.

Kai: Say it

Mr. Kang: My man said that she was moved to Busan by his father. So, maybe she is still there

Kai: Okay. Thank you. Keep searching.

He went out from his room and met his mother who wait for him at dining table.

“Where do you want to go?” asked his mother

“Home,”

“What do you mean home? This is your house,”

“My apartment, omoni,”

“Have your breakfast first then,”

“No need. I’m going. Love you, omoni,”

She only stared at his son without stopping him. She knew Kai searched for his angel's informations. He resembled his father a lot. When he wanted something, he would do anything to get it. Actually she never against Kai's decision about RiA but her husband will never permit that. He had a long records of disagreement with Ah family.

***

Kai arrived at his apartment and prepared his belongings to Busan. He'll go there alone to find her. He checked his bedroom to make sure everything is okay. This room never been used by him because he always stay at his family's mansion. The last time he came here was to paint. Originally he planned to use this room together with RiA but fate didn't agree.

RiA's face was painted on the wall exactly facing the bed. He hid the painting with another painting so that his old man won't know about it. Kai touched it and realized how much he missed her. He missed everything about her, her tears, her smiles, her lips, her eyes, until her body scent.

“Can we meet again? I really miss you. Do you still love me? Do you still wait for me? Because if you do, I won't give up on you anymore,”