Chapter 23

Slipping Away

Since the meeting, Kai and RiA rarely see each other. Despite their different departments, she also kept avoiding him. She thought she could relax from it but she can’t. A threat came to her family manor from Kai’s family.

“You mean Kim’s family claim Hoon as their successor? But Hoon didn’t even know his own father!” said RiA.

“I should ask the question. Did you tell that JongIn kid about Hoon?”

“No! Never!” Then she remembered Kai sent her a DNA test result. “Oh! 2 weeks ago, Kai sent me a DNA test result,”

Mr. Ah knew now. His old enemy basically has a same belief as him. A family successor must be the first baby boy born in every generation. Don’t care whether the baby was come from a legal wife or not. Because Kim’s family only has JongIn as their son, it menas Hoon will be in their family successor line.

“Appa ottoke?” asked Ria

“We must do something,”

****

                “So this is the reason why you didn’t want to let her go? Because you already have a son from her?” Mr. Kim released his anger towards his son.

Mr. Kim saw a DNA test result when he entered Kai’s room. He was really mad at his only son. It means he has to accept Kai’s son as his family successor.

                “It’s only one of many reasons. Even though I don’t have him, I’ll still look for her. Now, I’m grateful to have the child. Then you can’t separate me and her again!”

                “No! Your son may enter this family but not his mother!”

                “You want to sepearte him from his mother? You can’t do that, appa! It’s violating the law!”

                “I don’t care,”

****

                Every day, Kim’s people pass by in front of Ah manor. They seemed to wait the residents to come out.

                “Is he crazy or something? He wants to lock us in our own house?” protested Mr. Ah

                “Maybe they’ll stop after getting Hoon,” said Mrs. Ah.

                “No! I won’t let them,” said RiA

                “Fine. We’ll face them then. RiA, you should move out from this house. Don’t worry, appa will fix it for you as long as you and Hoon are safe,”

RiA nodded agreely. Her father already asked his people to protect RiA. The main gate was opened and Ah’s people tried to distract Kim’s people. Thanks to them, RiA and Hoon could escape safely from the house.

She blocked Hoon from seeing a violent scene behind them. A shooting scene can’t be avoided. She was also scared with it though it’s not unfamiliar scene for her. She had watched it since she was a baby.

****

The car stopped in front of a luxury apartment in suburbs. The location could hide them for a while. They hurrily stepped down from the car and took an elevator to 15th floor.

                “Omma, where are we going to?” asked Hoon

                “Adeul-ah, because of a situation we have to staye here for a moment. I’m sorry,”

                “As long as I with you, omma,”

                RiA her son’s hair and opened her bag to find key.

KRIEEK!

                “Oh! Uncle Kai!” called Hoon happily

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just came back from a holiday! My cousin got married on Monday and my grandmother was celebrating her 80th birthday! It was a great holiday. How about yours?