Chapter 20

Slipping Away

Beside taking care of Hoon, RiA's getting busier each day. She has to endure with strict rehearsal from her major. Hoon didn't mind at all and moreover her parents also support her.

                Today music major used performance hall to practice because their ususal practice spot was being renovated. Their instruments were moved there. All of them.

“Second violin, your sound still off-pitch. Snare, the tempo should be faster. Let's do it once again," said their coach

                They were about to start again when suddenly 20-30 people entered the hall. Their talking voice of course ruining the player's concentration.

“Excuse me, what is going on? Who are you? Don't you know we used this hall?"

“I'm sorry for troubling you. We are from dance major. We also want to use this hall since the other hall is being used. I hope you don't mind. Don't worry, we won't disturb you," said dance coordinator

                RiA took a glance at Kai who was chatting with his 3-girl-friends. When their gaze met, RiA turned her face to avoid him. She must get her head on her cello, she thought. Dance major students started their stretching on the stage.

“Ya! You girls! Stop staring at them and start practicing! Focus! Focus!"

                Then rehearsal started again. RiA couldn't stop staring at Kai. Kai was practicing with his partner. A girl. Somehow, something hurt appeared inside her heart. She disliked it. She erased her imagination and tried to get back at rehearsal.

“Cello! I heard an off-pitch note! Once again!"

                RiA said sorry to her cellist friends. Unfortunately, she kept repeating the same mistakes.

“Miss Ah, are you okay? Why do you keep repeating the same mistake?”

“I'm sorry, coach. I'm not in a good condition. My head was spinning like crazy since this morning. Can I go to infirmary?"

“Oh of course. Oh, do you feel the same? We've been practicing for 4 hours withour resting anyway. Okay, let's get rest. No wonder you guys keep making mistakes,"

                The music players were happy after hearing 'rest' word from their coach. RiA walked out the hall, while Kai only observed her figure from back.

*****************

                In infirmary, RiA lied on the bed and stared at window. She claimed she was okay without Kai. But, ever he came to her life again, Kai never stop bothering her. No matter how hard she tried to avoid him, Kai always find his ways to get closer at her. And seeing what happened at hall, she hates her jealous feeling.

“I try to forget you, why you can’t forget me? Why this jealous feeling keep appearing in my heart?” she said grumbling to herself

                After feeling better, she decided to go back to performance hall. When she waited for an elevator, Kai was there too. She didn’t want to come but there were only three people including Kai there. She entered the elevator and stood up far away from Kai.

                 Slowly, one by one stepped down from the elevator leaving only two of them inside it. Performance hall is located at the highest level of the building. Silence happened between them and it was awkward to them. Kai tried to open a conversation nicely.

“Are you okay? You looked not very well,” asked Kai

“I’m okay. I’m just exhausted. Don’t worry,”

                Silence again

“How’s Hoon?”

“He’s doing fine. He already feels happy with his new school,”

“It’s good then,”

“RiA-ya,”

“Mm?”

“I mean it about what I said at previous day,”

“Can we not talk about that? I have explained to you, Kai. You’ll always in my heart, but we need to move on. We’ll never be together,”

                Kai pulled RiA’s arm and put her on his embrace. He lifted her face and kissed her deeply. She was shock and tried to remove his hands around her. Nevertheless, it was only make it tighter. He forced to enter yet she refused it.

                He bit a bit her bottom lip and successfully entered . Knowing that struggling was only a futile action, she chose to follow his play. Back then, his kiss was kind of addiction to her. It was calming and addicting. Part of her, missed him so much but the other part refused to admit it.

Ting!

                The elevator door was opened. Luckily, there is no one when the door was opened. Kai broke his kiss and stared deeply at RiA's eyes.

“I know you still love me.I’ll take that as an agreement to be with me again,”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last update for this week!