Chapter 11

Slipping Away

RiA just finished bathing Hoon after swimming all day with his friends. She didn't pay attention to stories which Hoon tell. Her thought still on when she met Kai again.

Kim JongIn didn't change so much. He is still handsome, charismatic, and taller from the last time she saw him. His face didn't show an expression of a High Schooler that likes to play. He was matured, or at least RiA hoped that. Yet she couldn't imagine what Kai capable to do to get his will.

Kai's family was the same as her family. Ambitious. She also had that strait flowing inside her blood. She didn't want Hoon becoming like her or Kai.

“Omoni, are you not feeling well?” asked Hoon worrily.

“Ah, no. No my dear. I’m fine. Dinner?”

“But I’m sleepy,”

“Okay, you may go sleep. Bedtime stories?”

“YES!” Hoon jumped in front of RiA. “I want you to tell me about appa more!”

RiA kept silence. It was already enough she had to meet Kai, now her own son asked her to tell a stroy about him.

“Ne, omma?”

“Why are you so curious about your father? You never question this before,”

Hearing her answer, Hoon felt disappointed. He only wanted to know about his father after all.

“Today, Taewon told everybody in class that his father will take him to beach for vacation. Seona also told us that her father and she made a surprise party for her mother. Up until now, I only know that appa left us. Don’t you have any good memory about him? Even just one?”

RiA hugged Hoon. Her son was not a baby anymore. He deserved to know about his father a bit.

“I have told you that your appa was the best dancer in our school. No one can beat him at that time moreover after Taemin sunbae graduated. He was always been surrounded by girls. Pretty girls,” 

“Are you one of them?”

“Your father is not my type. I always avoid him,”

“Why?”

‘Because he and I will never be together until both family stop their war,’ she thought.

“Because… your father always hurt me. But I don’t know how we started to date then you appeared,”

“Why he left us?”

“That… Your father left us when you were born. I didn’t know his reason either,”

“Have you met him?”

‘No until today,’ she thought

“No. Never. I tried to call him but he didn’t answer. But, I’m glad he didn’t return,”

“Waeyo?”

“I swear he will regret his decision when he knew that he left a smart and handsome son like you. I will never give you to him,”

“Omoni, you made me blushing. Love you, omma,”

“Omma loves you too,”