Chapter 24

Slipping Away

Kai planned to eat outside because he was in bad mood. He was just locked his flat, when a familiar voice called him.

"Uncle kai!" called Hoon

Kai saw the apartment next to him and saw RiA-Hoon there. He was as surprised as the girl in front of him. Hoon walked to Kai and he kneeled before the boy.

"Do you live here?" asked the boy

"Yes I live here," answered him

"Wow, I also will live here with omma. Look our apartment is next to each other,"

"Yeah I can see it,"

RiA and Kai were staring each other awkwardly. Her father’s plan to part them ended staying in the same building as him. Hoon said goodnight to Kai and Kai was gone.

****

"So, we'll leave here"

"Ne omoni. This place is also closer to my kindergarten and your school. We didn't have to use bodyguards again"

"No, You'll still use them"

Hoon tried to protest her but he can’t. He chose to help her mother unloaded their clothes to wardrobe. RiA recount her meeting with Kai just now. Kai lived beside her? What an unhappy surprise.

"Destiny is surely playing with us,” hummed RiA

***

Nest morning, RiA and Hoon did their usual activities. She was locking her flat when, coincidentally, Kai stepped out from his flat too

"Good morning, uncle Kai,"

"Good morning Hoon, RiA,"

"Morning Kai" greeted RiA

"Do you want to go to school?" asked Kai

"Yes," said Hoon

"How about if we go together?"

"No need," said RiA coldly

"Why did you refuse uncle Kai's good intention? You always said to me to not refuse good intention. Your car is also still in harabeoji's house, right?"

RiA only show her bitter smile. She could see a winning smirk from Kai. Then she agreed.

***

After dropping Hoon, Kai and RiA sat down in silence.

"Sorry, I know you move out because of my father. He entered my room and found the test result,"

"Sooner or later he'll find out about his grandson whether he like it or not,"

"RiA, if we can't be together as we used to, How about if we start a something new? As friends? We can't avoid each other forever,"

RiA turned her gaze to Kai. It’s not wrong to befriend with him. She thought for a while before replying him.

"Okay then. As friends"

"Now, you can ask me anything for help, okay?"

"Okay, JongIn-ah,"

This is the first time RiA called Kai's full name after some times. Maybe it’s not a bad start for something new, RiA thought.