Chapter 26

Slipping Away

Kai just got home after having a drinking party with his friends, Luhan and Yixing. Rain poured down so hard then he ran to the building.

                        "Good evening, sir," greet a security officer

                        "Good evening,"

                        "I think you should go to your flat and check whether there is a leakage. Some flats have leakage,”

                        "Okay. Thank you for your information,"

Right after the elevator door opened, Kai saw Hoon sat down in front of his flat and stared to the opened door.

                        "Hoon-ah, what are you doing?” asked Kai

                        "Uncle Kai! The bathroom beside kitchen is leaked. Omma said that the flat owner above us closes her water valve, so the leakage goes to our flat. Omma is saving some documents,”

Kai checked the flat out and left a surprised face. It's really bad. Water is everywhere then he could saw RiA sat down in her dining table with some documents in her hands. Some people were busy fixing the bathroom.

Park In Ha, the owner of the flat ran hurrily to RiA's flat. She didn't even see Kai next to her.

                        "RiA-ya, I’m so sorry. I was reckless. Now you have to experience this unfortunate event,”

                        "Unni , don’t worry. It’ll be over,"

                        "I’ll take care of it. Don’t worry, okay?"

She just went away to fix everything. It's only 2 A.M in the morning actually. RiA finally saw Kai.

                        "Hi Kai, what are you doing here?” asked RiA in friendly note

                        "Seeing your flat’s condition. It’s pathetic,"

                       "I know. Hahhhhhhh....," RiA released a deep sigh. “Where Hoon will sleep tonight?”

                       "You can let him sleep at my flat. I only use one bedroom. He could use it,”

RiA didn't have a choice but agree with him.

                       "Miss, we think It’ll take a long time to fix it. You should take some rest,”

                       "Don’t worry. Keep on going. I can sleep later,"

                       "RiA-ya, you also could use the room along with Hoon,"

                       "No need Kai but thank you,"

                      "Then where you will sleep? You can't book hotel room at this time,"

                      "Omma, let's just go to uncle Kai's apartment. For tonight only," asked Hoon

Seeing their sincere expression, RiA finally gave up and agreed.

****

RiA still stayed at Kai's flat since her flat's leakage was getting worse. To Kai, it's a blessing. He could see his lovely girl and his son's face every morning after waking up.

Like this morning, for example. He woke up with a scent of coffee from his kitchen. He got up and saw RiA and Hoon sat at his dining table to have breakfast. RiA in apron? It's the best scene in the morning.

                    "Good morning," said Kai

                    "Morning. Sorry I use your kitchen to make some breakfast. Hoon said he was bored with bread,” "

                    "Sure. As long as I have mine,” joked Kai

                    "A glass of coffee? Your favorite breakfast,"

RiA regretted her words.

                    "You both looks close. I’m happy for that," said Hoon while eating his egg

                    "Hoon-ah, just finish your breakfast and go to school,"

                    "Are you telling me to go so that you can stay together?"

                    “JongHoon!”

                    “Kidding, omma. You don’t go to school?”

                    "Nope. Right, Kai?" Kai nodded agreely

RiA sent Hoon to his school with his guards. Kai felt lucky because his father didn't know anything about RiA stayed at his flat.

                    "You have a plan for today? Go shopping or something?” asked Kai

                    "I’m planning to clean this flat and check my flat. They fix it too long. But I hope you don’t mind,"

                    "Of course not. I’m going to jog. Have a nice day,"

Kai went out to jog. AFter that, RiA cleaned his flat by sweeping and cleaned some dust from the furniture. She did it as a thank you reply for him. For a man living alone, his house is really clean. But still, she wanted to do it. Everything was done, except Kai's bedroom.

                     "Should I enter? But I only want to sweep. It’s okay Ah RiA,"

RiA cleaned his room. His room has red and black as color ornament beside white. It was really reflect Kai's personality. Then she saw a blind in front of his bed. She was curious at it. When she tried to open it......

                      "I’m home. Is anybody home?"

RiA was shocked and checked the wall clock. It's been 2 hours. She greeted Kai outside his room.

                       "I’m here,"

                       "Thanks for cleaning my flat. You shouldn’t do that actually,"

                       "Nah, it’s okay. Take it as a thank you from me,"

TRRIIIINNNGGGG!!

RiA read a new message from her phone. It's from Kyungsoo.

'RiA-ya, I'll come to Seoul today. Don't bother to pick me up. I'm going with my own car. Oh, can I borrow Hoon today? I wnat to spend my golden week with him. Haha. You don't mind? I'll take that as a yes,'

                    "Aissh.. oppa jeongmal,"

                    "Who is it?" asked Kai curiously

                    "My oppa. He’ll come from Busan to Seoul and plan to spend his golden week with Hoon, "

                    "Oooh,"

As awkward situation appear, RiA decided to clean the room again and Kai took a bath.