Chapter 10

Slipping Away

Kai arrived at Busan after travelling for hours only by himself. Without his father's men as usual. He also didn't use his driver, Mr. Yang. He planned to do that all olone until he met RiA.

He stopped his car in front of a restaurant.

“Welcome. Table for how many people?” asked Kyungsoo politely.

“Just one,”

Kyungsoo guided Kai to an empty table without knowing his identity. He went back to kitchen because Kai was still reading the menu.

“RiA-ya!” called Kyungsoo

Kai immediately turned his head after hearing the name. His eyes caught a very familiar figure that he missed so much. The girl smiled as her answer for the call. The other worker seemed to order RiA to serve him. Their eyes met and she showed a reaction that Kai already knew.

Her eyes dilated in shock and stepped back from her position. Kyungsoo confused with RiA's reaction. Kai stood up and went closer to RiA. She turned back to kitchen with Kyungsoo following.

“What is it?” asked Kyungsoo. He confused seeing RiA took off her apron.

“Why is he in here? How did he know I’m here?”

“Who? What are you talking about dongsaeng-ah?”

“That.. That is Hoon’s appa,”

“Mwo? Hoon’s father? The one who leave you? Son of Kim family?”

“Yes, oppa! That’s Kim Jongin. It’s Kai! God, how he could end up here?”

“Calm yourself first. He still didn’t know about you,”

“Oppa, can’t you see his expression when he saw me? Oppa, now I’m afraid he knows about Hoon and will take him from me,”

“Ah Ria! Please calm! He still doesn’t know that you have his child. He won’t take Hoon from you. Your family will protect you,”

RiA cried on Kyungsoo's shoulder. Every single night she always dreamt that Kai would come back and took Hoon away from her. Her most precious treasure. Kyungsoo calmed RiA before came back to his place.

When he came back, Kyungsoo saw Kai with worried expression. He cleared his throat and greeted Kai.

“Excuse me. Do you have any problem, customer?”

“I thought I see someone that I knew. Is there someone here named RiA?”

“Yes, there is,”

“Ah Ria?”

“No, Do RiA,”

“Do Ria? But… I’m sorry,”

“No problem, customer,”

Kai went back to his chair with disappointed face. He was sure that figure was RiA. Ah RiA. He couldn't be wrong. If she decided to avoid me, I don't have a choice to look for you, RiA-ya. Sooner or later we will meet again, Kai thought.

 

After eating, Kai waited inside his car. He waited for RiA to come out and talked to her. He was sure that girl was Ah RiA not Do RiA or someone else.

Then, RiA came out to swept restaurant yard. Kai stepped down from his car to approach her.

“RiA,” he called

There was no response from her. RiA stared at Kai with mixed expression between shock and angry.

“RiA, it’s me Kai,”

“Of course I knew you. My father has taught me for my entire life who Kim family is,”

“RiA, I understand if you’re angry to me. Can we talk for a moment?”

RiA took a deep breath and nodded as an agreement. She didn't want to let her guard off and made a bad impact to the restaurant. She followed him to his car.

“You’re still beautiful,” praised Kai

“Nonsense. What are you doing here? I’m doing good in hiding from you until now,”

“Five years ago my father transferred me to New York. He did that to make you slip away from me. He locked me for a month so that I won’t see you again,”

“Yeah, I knew that. Then? Why are you here? You never contact me. You didn’t answer my call. Why are you looking for me?”

“I want to apologize to you. I couldn’t stop thinking about you. Every second for these five years,”

“We’re changing, Kai. I know what you are thinking of,”

“RiA,”

“I have forgiven you, five years ago. Now, please leave me. Don’t ever find me and your chi….. I mean, stop it,”

She softened her tone because she almost told him about Hoon. She hoped Kai won't notice it.

“RiA… please,”

“Please Kai. Have a happy life without me. You still have a special part in my heart but I can’t,”

RiA came out of his car and slipped away. Kai grabbed his phone to call somebody.

“Mr. Kang? Are you busy? Can you find anything about a child? I know this is crazy but both Ami and RiA stopped when they were talking about ‘chi’. I’m sure they’re hiding something. I want the report tomorrow noon,”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hehehe despite my busy college stuff, I want to update this chapter.. I know this is a bit slow but please keep reading and commenting