Chapter 32

Slipping Away

Hoon only stared at his mother who hadn’t awake yet. His mother was hospitalized due to light brain concussion because of hitting on her head. But, he was grateful because RiA was fine. Hoon was also hospitalized because his body state was dropping. Usually his grandpraents and AMi would visit him frequently.

Kyungsoo himself was already awoke because the bullet shot his vital organ. Kai got treatment for his injured arm. He couldn’t use his arm for two months so that he couldn’t dance. Sometimes, he would come to RiA’s room to check her.

                “You still wake up?” asked Kai. He could only visit RiA at night because her father still give him a hard time to meet his daughter.

                “I want to weap omma’s sweat,” replied Hoon

                “You should rest,”

Hoon lowered his head. Kai came to him and hugged him.

                “Will omma regain her consciousness? What if...,”

                “Hey, don’t say that.Your mom will wake up,”

                “I’m scared, uncle. Those bad people said they will hurt omma and you. They also want to kill me,”

                “Gwaenchanayo. You don’t have to think that. As you can see, your mother is safe now. I’m okay now. You’re also healthy. And Kyungsoo hyung is also fine. You have to be grateful for that,”

Hoon nodded. The most important thing is everything is back to its place. Safe and Sound. He remembered somethng that bothered his mind when he saw Kai’s family and RiA’s family met.

                “Uncle, can I ask you something?”

                “Sure, go ahead,”

                “At that time, in your apartment, when I met your father. Why he seemed to have problems with harabeoji? Well, he answer my greetings but it kind of weird. Do your family have a problem with omma’s family?”

Kai surprised at him. This boy is really clever and critical. He wanted to answer but not sure whether it’s the good time or not.

                “Hoon-ah,” called RiA weakly

                “Omma!!!” Hoon cried soon as he saw his mother awake.

                “Are you okay? Did you get injured anywhere?” asked RiA

                “Aniyo, omma. I’m fine. I’m glad you’re okay,”

                “Thank you for being fine. JongIn-ah, thank you for taking care of him,” said RiA

                “I didn’t do anything,”

RiA got up to sit down and Hoon helped her. He hold his son’s hand tightly.

                “I have something to tell you, JongHoon-ah,” Hoon knew it was serious since his mother never called him by his full name except she was angry.

RiA told her son everything that she kept hidden from a long time.

                “Why you didn’t tell me you meet appa, omma? You know how much I wanted to meet him. Even only once,” said Hoon. He felt angry to his mother.

                “Do you still want to meet him?” asked RiA. Kai hold his breath upon hearing RiA’s words.

                “Yes, omma. I want to thank him for making me exist in this world. Meeting you, harabeoji, halmeoni, uncle Kyungsoo, aunt Ami, and uncle Kai. I also want to complain him why he never meet you once,”

                “You’ll meet your father.He always watch you, anyway,”

                “Really?”

                “He’s here. Your father,” RiA released her grip on Hoon and pointed at Kai. “is standing behind you.”

******

Hoon blinked twice when she say that. His mother must be joking. In this room, there were only him, his mother, and Kai. The one who stand behind him is Kai. So it means, Hoon didn’t dare to think about it.

                “So, it means uncle Kai is my father?” RiA nodded. “Your father is Kim JongIn. Or you call him uncle Kai,” Hoon turned his face and saw Kai also in shock state as him.

                “Appa?” called Hoon to Kai. Kai couldn’t hold his tears and asked Hoon to hug him. “You’re really my father? Really?”

                “Yes, Hoon-ah. I’m your father. I’m so sorry for these past five years,” cried Kai

RiA also dropped her tears when she saw a reunion between father and son. Though he had to let go of Hoon, at least she had told him the truth.

                “Why did you never tell me? Do you know how much I wanted to see you? To call you appa?” cried Hoon

                “I just don’t want to lose you. Now, you know our families background, someday you must choose to have Ah or Kim as your name,” said RiA in tears. “Please forgive your mother.”

                “Omma, don’t say that. I only want my parents to be together. Why I can’t have that?” Hoon cried harder like a baby.

                Kai hugged him and carried him with his not-injured arm. “No, you can have that of course. Your mother and I will be together as you wish.”

                “Jeongmalyo? You—ani, appa and omma will be together? You guys are a couple now? I know my plan with uncle Kyungsoo will have a good result!” said Hoon happily. He already forget about being a crybaby before.

                “What do you mean?” asked RiA

                “Nothing. Finally I can have a perfect family now!” said Hoon. Kai and RiA laughed because of their baby.