Chapter 6

Slipping Away

Kai along with his friends stopped in front of a university building. A university that he and RiA always dreamed of. Seoul of Arts University. The atmosphere was still the same as the last time they came here. Now, it’s only him that will attend this college.

FLASHBACK

“This place is damn huge!” RiA said

Kai knew that RiA dreamed to attend this university. She ever said to him that she want to be the most famous Cellist in the world. Her mother was a violinist before her father proposed. In Kai's own family nobody ever attend a major other than business or management. He dtermined to study here. With or withour his father's permission.

Kai took off his helmet and helped RiA down from the motorcycle. She fled without waiting for Kai. Running happily like a child in a grass field.

“ppali Kai!” called RiA

Kai nodded and followed her. They joined the university tour project to explore the campus site, watch university activities, study tohether, and watch performances from college students there.

“I will attend this college no matter what,” said RiA while walking with Kai.

“ What major will you take?”

 “Classical music. How about you? Performing Arts?”

 “Yep. With or without my father’s permission. Let’s go to this university together!”

RiA nodded and peck him quickly on the cheek before they finally got home.

FLASHBACK END

"Ya kai! Kim Jongin!" called Yixing when he realized Kai didn’t follow him

"I’m sorry. Old memory. Let’s find Ami. She’s in vocal major, isn’t she?”

 

As Kai could remember, AMi is RiA's bestfriend since they were little. The three of them always go to the same school since kindergarten even though never in the same class. AMi has a very clear and soft voice. Everybody loves her voice. She dreamt being a singer. Along with RiA, they planned to be successful musicians.

Kai, Luhan, and Yixing found her rehearsing in a piano studio. She was all alone when the three of them arrived.

“Oh sunbae. What’s going on?” asked AMi

“It’s not me who need your help. Him,” answered Luhan

Kai appeared in front her and made her shock. She cleared up her scattered singing scores.

“You. What do you want?” asked her in angry tone

“I heard she’s not in Seoul anymore. I can’t contact her. Can you possibly know where is she now?”

“What do you intend to do? Breaking her heart again?”

“I want to apologize at her. I still love her. So much,”

“Save those words for your class. If you really love her, why did you leave her then? After what you’ve done to her, you want me to tell you where she is now?”

“That’s why I need your help. Please tell me where I can find her. I want to explain everything to her,”

AMi went out from the classroom but kai blocked her. She slapped Kai's hand and lectured him.

“I will never tell you where she is now. She lives happily with her c..,”

“With who?”

AMi cursed herself for almost spilling out her best friend's secret to Kai. She promised to RiA not to tell him anything about their son.

“Nothing. Kim Jongin, I warn you. If you love her, just leave her. Go find another girl. I don’t want to see her crying for someone like you again,”

Kai took a deep sighed when AMi left them. Why is it so hard to meet RiA?

“Your love life is so complicated,” commented Yixing

“I know. I lost my best informant about her,”

“You can’t ask her family or relatives. Your old school’s worker also will shut their mouth. It’s difficult,”

“What should I do then?”

“You’re Kim Jongin okay. The son of Kim family. You know what you have to do,” adviced Luhan

“I want to go home. My head is hurt,”

 

Kai said his farewell to Luhan and Yixing. Then, he stared at a white house in front of him. A big house where he usually go home. This big house has many guardians and security checks. His father has lots of enemies expecially Ah family. That's why he made this strict guards.

Kai opened the gate and familiar scent ambushed his sense of smell. Orchid garden which his mother take care now grow bigger. The fish pond was still the same. He switched his gaze at suddenly oepened door.

“Omoni!” called Kai

“Jongin-ah!” his mother ran at him to hug her son. “Why you didn’t tell us you’re home today? We can pick you at airport,”

“No need. Yixing and Luhan have picked me. Moreover, I want to make a surprise,”

“Good boy. Come inside. Your father will be delighted,”