Chapter 28

Slipping Away

RiA was sitting in front of her laptop. Browsing something unimportant. Sometimes he took a glance at time in her laptop. She would spend her time with Hoon, if he's around her. Unfortunately, she couldn't because her lovely cousin 'borrowed' him for 1 or 2 nights. She was bored. Really bored. But she couldn't do anything since it will be awkward to ask Kai.

There were only Kai and RiA inside the apartment (in different rooms, of course). She didn't know what Kai do in his room. She guessed Kai was praticing some dance moves as she could hear some music played from his room. She went out from her room and startled from the beautiful scene behind the glass door. The sun chose to go back to his place. Changing his duty with The moon to light up the world. Orange colored the sky who still tried to maintain the blue color. Not wanting to let go this beautiful scenery, she took some pictures and decided to take a bath.

                “Jamkkamman. If Hoon’s not around then, there will be only the two of us? Oh God, Only Kai and me? Why do I feel uneasy? Calm down RiA-ya!” murmured RiA to herself in front of a mirror. She didn't want to think about it and just released one by one of her clothes.

****

After taking a bath, RiA started to worry about Kai. He didn't come out from his room for hours. She gathered her courages and knocked his room. On the third knocks, Kai opened the door and RiA's face reddened. His body was soaked with sweat. Her guessed was right Kai was dancing in his room. He only wore a T-Shirt and a training pants. She gulped down her saliva seeing Kai's well-built body from his soaked T-Shirt.

                “You locked yourself since afternoon. I thought you fainted or something because you didn’t touch your lunch,” said RiA nervously

                “What time is it now?” Kai saw the clock nest to a speaker inside his room.  “Omo~ Thanks for reminding me,”

RiA smiled and sat down in living room.

                “You’re already took a bath?” asked Kai. RiA nodded again while pointing at her big T-Shirt and knee-length shorts. Kai took off his t-shirt and threw it to the basket near kitchen. RiA was startled because he did it in front of her. Her attention changed from TV to Kai's body. “Sorry, habit.”

                 “What is going on with me?” As Kai went to the bathroom, RiA patted her cheeks repeatedly. She was fine before even though it's only the two of them. She turned off TV and went to balcony to get some fresh air.

****

                “It’s been a long time, huh?” asked Kai as he sat down next to RiA in the balcony staring at moon.

                “Sitting like this? Yes. The first time was when I had that stupid competition and you helped me,” RiA let Kai sat beside her.

Kai took a glance at RiA. Though he said the word ‘friends’ first, he couldn’t throw away his feeling towards her. He had to show his true feeling to her. Many thoughts appreared to Kai's mind. Should he confessed at her again or not? Should he tell her no matter how hard he tried to make her go away from his mind, she always come back?

                “At that time, we sat like this. Then, when I turned my face--,” RiA reenacted her action then she saw Kai’s eyes were closed and she could feel Kai’s lips locked with hers. It’s the same as five years ago.

                “I kissed you for the first time. I also asked you to be my girlfriend and you said yes,” Kai broke his kiss and stared at RiA’s eyes intensely. “Can you say the same answer when I ask the same question, today?”

                “Kai….,” Kai pulled her hand to his room by force. He lifted the blind that hide his masterpiece about her and RiA was shocked. She could see her picture was painted there. It was a big picture of her. Her eyes filled with tears. She could sense his sinceirty about his love for her. She felt the same way as him.

                “I never stop loving you. Is this not enough for you to prove my love? Say it. What should I do to make you come back again to me? I can--,” Kai’s word was cut when RiA pulled his face to kiss him.

                “So do I, Kai. I’m just afraid you’ll leave me again. I try to hate you. To forget you. But I can’t. I don’t want to feel the same hurt twice, Kai,” RiA’s tears started to roll on her cheeks. Kai hugged her to comfort her. As her cry was getting harder, Kai said something to her.

                “I won’t do that again. We can be together again, baby. Three of us with Hoon. No matter what happen,”

                “Can I believe in your words?” asked RiA

                “Yes. I’ll always be on your side,” said Kai finally

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RiA finally come back to Kai's embrace!