Chapter 21

Slipping Away

"Hoon-ah!"

Hoon turned his body to see who called him. It was Kai. He was walking out of the building and saw Hoon sat in lobby. Alone.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Uncle Kai"

"Annyeong. What are you doing here alone?"

"Actually....."

FLASHBACK

Last night, Hoon came to RiA's room. She just arrived from those crazy rehearsals.

"Omma,"

"Waeyo,Hoon-ah?"

"You must be tired"

RiA hugged her son and sat him down on her lap.

"I'm not tired because my tiredness gone when I saw you,"

Hoon hugged his mother tightly.

FLASHBACK ENDS

"That was my reason why I come here after school"

A strange feeling called proud appear in Kai's heart. This boy is only five yet he already thought about her mom's happiness.

"Do you know when omma comes out?"

"Well, as long as I know she will finish her rehearsal at 6 pm. Not to mention they often practice until night,"

Hoon disappointed with that fact. Seeing his expression, Kai changed the topic.

"Did you come here alone?"

"Yes. My school is near"

"How about your guards?"

"How do you know about my guards?"

"aaa... That's..." Kai cannot say the fact that his mother once had those guards too when she was in high school. Just like him.

"I told them I'm going to see mother today. So I guess they are watching me somewhere. Believe me, they are ninjas"

He laughed hard.

"You haven't had your lunch, right? Let's go eat,"

"But I haven't told omma. Also I can't go with strangers,"

"Hey, Aren't we friends? I'll go tell your mom later,"

"okaay!!"

****

"There he goes with Kim's son. What should we do?" asked one of the guards

"Follow them of course. Go!" said the other

"Find. Just don't let Young master know it"

****

Kai stopped at traffic light when Hoon was reading his storybook.

"Uncle, how long you know omma?"

"I went to same school as her since we were in kindergarten. We became close friends since High School"

"High School? So you know my appa?"

"eh? Your father?"

"Sorry. I can't talk about that,"

Hoon turned his face to his book again. But, his face is not focus, sometimes he stole a glance from Kai.

"What is it, Hoon? Maybe I can help you"

"Don't tell omma that I'm telling you this. I believe in you, uncle"

"I promise I won't tell your mother about your questions today,"

"So you know my father?" asked Hoon

"What kind of person is he? I thought RiA had no boyfriend at that time," beside me of course, he thought.

"He is a good dancer. Omma said that he was the only one who could beat Lee Taemin-sshi. Lee taemin-sshi was the best dancer at her school. Do you know him?"

Kai thought about it. Taemin-sunbae was the best dancer at that time. He beat his senior at dance battle during leader team election. The winner of the dance battle was him. So, Hoon is really his son?

"So? Do you know my father?"

"I guess I know him"

"Really?"

"Yes, he was my friend. He loves her more than anything else"

"If he did whe he left us then?"

Kai did not answer the question because he was confused. He stopped his car in front of a restaurant.

"Let's just eat"

*****

RiA called the kindergarten to tell him that she was not going to pick him up. These practices made her crazy.

"JongHoon was already home 2 hours ago" answered Hoon's teacher

A panic state attack her heart. She knew he was gonna be alright but still. She tried to call the guards but no connection. Cold sweat started to pour down on her forehead.

"Ria-ya, What's with your face?" asked AMi

RiA told her worry to AMi

"He's gonna be alright. His guards won't let any bees approach him,"

******

Kai stared at Hoon while rubbing Hoon's head. Actually, he tried to take a strain of his hair to check it with DNA test.

"Uncle, do you mind if I ask about appa again?"

"No, go ahead"

"From your perspective, how is my father?"

He is really curious about his father, isn't he? Kai thought to himself

"He's a nice person. He's an ambitious and caring person. He loves your mother and I'm sure he'll love you too. ALthough he left you, I'm sure he has a good reason why he did that,"

"Lucky I don't hate appa then. I just hate when I saw omma cried in her room,"

Hearing the answer, Kai thought he is a special boy. He started to love him as his own son.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sorry for not updating for so long. the storm of exams made me really busy.

my purpose for writing the story has begun to change. so I decided to end it early than I originally plan.

see you at the next chapter.

thank you