Chapter 29

Slipping Away

Kai couldn’t close his eyes to sleep only for a while. He kept staring at a girl who slept beside him. RiA returned to his side. He didn’t want to let go of her even only for a second. Isn’t that what he want since the day they were separated? He was still disbelieve seeing RiA cuddling in his arms. RiA used his left arm as her pillow while the his other arm was hugging her. The girl changed her position to face him. He examined every single feature of her face. He never get bored of it. He always miss them.

                “Good morning, my baby,” said Kai

                “Stop saying funny things. It doesn’t fit you at all,” answered RiA with eyes closed

                “Oh, come on. I know you like it. You’ve waited for that,”

                “Shut up. What time is it now?”

                “Still 6.30 in the morning,”

                “I have to wake up,” RiA released herself from Kai’s embrace.

Kai refused and tightened his embrace. He pulled her closer until she could hear his heartbeat.

                “Shireo. I won’t let you go,”

                “Kai-yah, I have to prepare breakfast,”

                “Later. Let’s sleep more,”

                “Ya! Let me go,”

                “Shireo. I have to wait 5 years until I hug you like this. It’s not easy to let you go,”

                “I’m not going anywhere. Just to the kitchen,”

Kai finally let go of him and got up from bed. He gave her a backhug and followed he to the kitchen

                “Do you really going to do this all day long?”

                “Yups!” said Kai buried his face in RiA’s hair. “Unless you kiss me again like last night,”

                “Fine,” she placed her lips for a second to Kai’s lips. “Satisfy?”

                “Nope. But I’ll let you go now since I’m hungry,”

****

                “Where are we going to?” asked Mrs. Ah to her husband who drives by himself to suburbs.

                “Checking my daughter of course. Shin said her flat has a leakage. I wonder where she slept these past months,”

Mr. Ah arrived at RiA’s apartment building. He rang the bell but there was no response. He also knocked the door but RiA didn’t answer the call.

                “Where is RiA?” asked Mr. Ah

                “Should we ask her neighbor?” suggested Mrs. Ah

Mr. Ah then knocked the door beside RiA’s apartment. When the door opened, both of them were shocked upon seeing the resident.

                “Mr. Ah…,” said Kai in surprised tone

                “You lived here?” asked Mr. Ah didn’t believe them

PRAAANNGGG!!

RiA dropped a plate when she saw her parents stood in front of Kai.

                “RiA? What are you doing here? It can’t be…,” said Mr.Ah in confusion. “WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING HERE??!!” angered Mr. Ah

****

Kai dan RiA kneeled down before Mr. And Mrs. Ah. They couldn’t guess Mr. Ah’s expression. It was a mix between anger, tired, confusion, and relieved expression. On the other side, his wife’s face looked calmer than her husband. RiA has told everything to them and her father still cannot understand about her decision.

                “Why didn’t you go home then?” asked Mr. Ah

                “And let Hoon trapped in his own house? I can’t do that, appa. I can’t let Hoon lives in danger,”

                “I’m sorry, sir. It’s my entire fault. Abeoji already know about Hoon. So, he wants to take him,”

Mr. Ah holdthe back of his neck. Why the problem is getting more complicated?

                “One more thing, sir, I love your daughter. Since five years ago, I never forget about her. Abeoji made me to leave her. Please let us be together,” plead Kai

                “Then, you’ll hurt my daughter again? Just go to your parents and don’t ever show in front of my daughter and grandson anymore,”

                “no, sir. I will not do that. I promise to myself to protect her no matter what. Even though my father against us,” Kai bowed at him with his sitting position.

Mr. Ah raised his eyebrows. This boy could do that only for a girl that he loves. His heart started to melt down after hearing Kai’s words.

                “How about you, RiA. Do you still love him?”

                “you know me, better than anyone else, appa. yes, I still love him,” Kai turned his face to see RiA’s confident expression. His confidence was going up because of it.

                “I’m still against it!” someone came from the door. Mr. Kim came without noticing.

                “Abeoji,” said Kai

                “I will never agree with you. You!” Mr. Kim pointed at Mr. Ah. “Don’t ever try to lure my son! She didn’t deserve him,”

The situation suddenly tensed up. Kai and RiA got up from their seat and face their own family.

                “You think your son is worth for my daughter? You only say that because you want my grandson, doesn’t it? Don’t ever think you can have him as your successor,” said Mr. Ah

                “You know I’m capable with what I can do,” Mr. Kim showed his smirk.

                “So do you. you know what I can do,”

                “CAN YOU BOTH PLEASE STOP? UNTIL WHEN YOU WILL FIGHT LIKE THIS?” shouted Kai

                “Oh, do we have some guests?” asked a familiar voice

****

Kyungsoo drove Hoon’s home after spending a day and night together. Before stopping his car, he saw cars that looked familiar to him. He smirked a bit. The family showdown will happen. From his side mirror, he also saw a mysterious car parked not too far from him. Once he saw that, he felt uneasy. So, he took Hoon to his parents as fast as he could.

From Kai’s flat, he could hear his uncle, Kai, RiA, and Mr. Kim’s voices. All of them sounded so angry and sad. It sounded like a battle scenes in the movie. he originally planned to save Hoon first, but the little boy went inside the flat.

                “Oh, do we have some guest here?” asked Hoon

All of eyes looked at Hoon. RiA rushed to hug Hoon and protected him from both family.

                “Omma, what is happening here? Who are they?”

                “So this is Hoon. Annyeong, let me introduce myself. I’m Kim JongIn’s father,”

                “Uncle JongIn’s father? Annyeonghaseyo. My name is JongHoon. You can call me Hoon,” replied Hoon politely. ‘Stop it, please stop it,’ RiA whispered to Hoon.

                “Uncle? He’s your--,” Kai cut his father’s words and asked him to go outside. RiA also asked her parents to speak outside leaving Hoon under Kyungsoo’s protection.

                “Please, sir. Hoon didn’t know Kai is his father. Don’t tell him,” asked RiA

                “Why? He needs to know his father. He has to know a tension within his mother and father’s families. Mostly, he needs to stay with Kim’s family,” said Mr. Kim

                “I won’t let you touch even a strain of my grandson’s child,”

                “Do you think I want to? I only want the child. I don’t care with his mother,”

                “Abeoji! How could you say that?”

Mr. Kim took out his gun and grabbed RiA. He pointed his gun at her head which made Mrs. Ah let out a scream.  

                “Abeoji!” Kai tried to stop him but Mr. Ah also pointed his gun at him.

                “Drop your gun!” asked Mr. Ah. Mr. Kim was a bit shaken when he heard Mr. Ah pulled out the trigger. Kai was his only son after all.

DOORRRR!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\

Is it too long? Or am I too rushed?

I'm in the mood right now.. haha