Chapter 13

Slipping Away

"We're home,"

"Welco... omo~ Hoon-ah! What happened to your face?" asked RiA in panic.

"I fought with friends,"

"Fighting? Why?"

"They mocked me by saying fatherless kid because I couldn't take my father to celebrate father's day tomorrow,"

RiA hugged her son tightly. He felt sorry towards him.

"But an uncle came to help me. He was very nice,"

"Really? who?"

"His name is...,"

"Who?"

"I forget,"

"But you have said thank you right?"

Hoon nodded. He was told to change his uniform and healed his wounds. She approached her cousin in the kitchen.

"Oppa, is that right Hoon was fought?"

"I guess so. When I arrived, he sat down with his recuer,"

"i wonder who he is,"

"My opinion, he is Kai,"

"Mwo?"

"I saw him in a glance. He was the one who looks for you last time at the restaurant, wasn't he?"

"Where did you see him?"

"Kai? I told you he sat down beside Hoon at the park bench,"

"So, he was Kai?"

"What a coincidence right? A father's nature,"

"I can't let Kai know about this"

"Why? He is Hoon's father anyway,"

"He maybe Hoon's biological father but he won't see Hoon. Never."

 

Kai sat down in his hotel room waiting for Mr. kang to come.

"I'm sorry I'm late, sir"

"Shoot. What do you have?"

"It's not that difficult actually to get her informations. Maybe because it's already five years since you met her for the last time. Basically, she was surrounded by her father's men but she is a charming lady. She was close to her nieghbors," 

"What do you got?"

Mr. Kang let out a sigh before continuing his talk. He put his bag on a table and put out some files about his investigation.

"She worked at some restaurant with a false name Do RiA. Do is her cousin's surname who also work there. Oh, she never change her contact number, young master,"

"Anything else?"

"The police number you gave me last time is Do KyungSoo's car police number. Her cousin,"

Kai kept a silence as many thoughts came to his head. It was a miracle to be called as coincidence if Do KyungSoo is RiA's cousin. Both of them worked at the same restaurant. RiA's shock reaction when they met and suddenly KyungSoo stopped him from chasing her. Then he remembered a little boy who was waiting for his uncle. Hoon. His uncle is KyungSoo. It can't be..

"Is KyungSoo lived with other person other than RiA?"

"Only with his mother. Just the three of them. Oh, also with a little boy"

"A little boy? Who?"

"Based on her neighborhood, that little boy is Ah RiA's son. He is 4 years old now. "

"Her son... Who is the father?"

"Young master. I don't want to speculate but I think you are that little boy's father"

 

His son. He could not stop thinking about of Mr. Kang's information. RiA has his child. Hoon is his child. Is that really true? He only did that once at school's party because of an accident. They were drunk at that time. He could be another man's child. but it is impossible for her. RiA may be harsh, but she was a conservative person. He has to make it clear. He dared himself to call her phone.

"yoboseyo? RiA imnida. Hoon-ah can you please stop for a moment? Omma has a call"

That voice. He could hear the same voice when he talked to Hoon at the park.

"yoboseyo?" asked RiA once again

"It's me Kim JongIn"

It was RiA's turn to idle after hearing the answer. Where did he know that her number hasn't changed?

"You haven't changed your number, RiA-ya?"

"What do you want? I told you to not call me again"

"I only want to talk to my son"

RiA was surprised like a thunder hit her when he talked like that.

"Am I right?"

"What do you mean your son? If you want to talk to your son, you've got a wrong number. There is no son of you here" asnwered RiA trying to calm herself

"Our son, RiA. Don't lie to me"

"Why you are so sure that i have your son? We only did that once because of an accident okay? I don't have your son!"

"Let's meet up. It's not appropriate to talk in phone"

RiA was about to refuse then Kai continued to talk

"or I will check myselfwhether he is my son or not"

RiA hang up the phone before Kai finished talking. Damn, RiA's thought. Kai knew about Hoon. Seeing his cousin's worried face, KyungSoo who was from kitchen came to approach her.

"Wae?"

"Kai knew Hoon is his son"

"What? How come?"

"I don't know myself. He could find anything that he wants. After hiding so well from him for 5 years, why it turned to be like this?

"But he is Hoon's father. he has right to see his son actually"

"He might be his biological father. But it's only in his dream if he wants to meet Hoon"

"What will you do?"

"I have to go back to Seoul"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

it's an update after 2 weeks hiatus! wow! *throw confetti*

I'm sorry I have a midterm test every friday so it's kind of hard to upate, but I'll try. Please keep supporting this fic.

Thank you!