Empty Promise

Love to be Loved by You [Editing: 12%]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{ Empty Promise }

“Kim Kibum. I want to know everything about him; his family, his school grades, his financial state, his hobbies, what he does after school, what he did last weekend and what color he wore, everything. Do you understand me?” The man in the expensive black suit demanded on the phone.

“He has no siblings. His parents are both dead. His school grades are the dream of any student. He works for his money. He likes to cook and is the best cook ever. He works at a coffee shop after school. Last weekend he had a date with his boyfriend. He wore dark blue jeans with a white shirt and looked awesome in them. Anything else you want to know, dad?” Mr. Kim widened his eyes briefly as he heard his son’s voice. Immediately he hung up the phone and smiled at Jonghyun.

“I thought you went out.” Mr. Kim said.

“Key called. He had to cancel the date. Now, don’t change the subject. Did you just try to tell a detective to spy on my boyfriend?” Jonghyun asked, not even trying to hide his anger. Normally, he wouldn’t talk to his dad with that tone, since his father wasn’t often home. Yet, when it came to Key, he had the feeling that he had to protect the fragile boy.

“I prefer to call it information procurement,” replied Mr. Kim drily. “And what’s so wrong about me wanting to know more about my son’s boyfriend?”

“That’s called spying. And if you want to get to know him, you should invite him to dinner, not have him shadowed.” Jonghyun explained, not impressed by his father’s actions.

“Tell me why you’re interested in Kibum. You’ve never cared about who I was dating before, so why now? Why him?” The boy asked.

“Well, I’ll be honest. It’s because he’s the first one you seem to be serious with. And just for your information, I always care about whom you are dating, or else I wouldn’t know that he’s the first one you’ve dated for more than 2 weeks. It could almost be called a ‘relationship’.”

“We are in a relationship. So leave him alone. Do you hear me?” Jonghyun said.

“Don’t talk to me in that tone, boy. I’m only worried about you. People are scheming. You should know whom you’re seeing when you come from a rich family such as ours.” Mr. Kim warned his son.

“Kibum is not like those people. He is the most honest boy I have ever met, and if you don’t believe me, I can tell you that I was the one that asked him out first. I even needed over a week to persuade him to go on a date with me, and at that time, he knew very well who I was. Besides, he has never accepted any expensive gifts from me. He is the last person that is interested in my money.”

Mr. Kim only laughed at his son’s statement. “Oh, my innocent boy, no one would say no to someone like you. That is, unless he was playing hard to get. He could have planned it all.”

“If it were so, why did he refuse when I said he should quit his job and I’d pay for his rent? Why didn’t he want me to buy him a car, so he wouldn’t have to take the bus late at night? Why would he do that if he was after my money?”

“Maybe he has something else in mind,” answered Mr. Kim. “But trust me, boy. No one would ignore the fact that his boyfriend’s a rich heir.”

“You’re being paranoid. I trust him, and you should too. Promise me you won’t spy on him. Don’t make me be ashamed of my own father.” Jonghyun said.

“Fine, if it makes you happy, I promise.” With that Jonghyun felt he was supposed to be relieved, but for some reason he wasn’t.

 

“No, Taemin-ah, don’t marry banana milk.” Minho murmured in his sleep. “I can’t lose you.”

To Minho greatest fear, the priest said: “You may kiss the bride.” And he panicked. Luckily a vibration tone interrupted the wedding before Mr. Banana Milk could kiss Taemin, and Minho sat up abruptly from his bed.

“Hello, I don’t know who you are but I love you.” He answered the phone with his sleepy voice, not even bothering to look at the screen to see the caller ID.

“I know you love me, hyung.” Taemin’s voice on the other end of the phone surprised Minho, and within a second he was wide awake.

“Minnie?” asked the older boy unsurely as he looked at his phone screen. It was pretty unusual for Taemin to call him late at night, and that gave him a bad feeling.

“Yeah, hyung, it’s me. Can you please pick me up? I missed the last subway, and I don’t know how to get home.” Minho jumped up quickly as he imagined Taemin lost and alone at a train station.

“Why are you still outside at this time, Minnie? What are you doing? Where are you? I’ll pick you up now.” He said, walking to his closet to get something to change into.

“I’m at the hospital—”

“What? Are you okay? What happened? Don’t go anywhere; I’ll be there in a second.” Minho interrupted his boyfriend in panic. Worry took him over. Without changing he grabbed his keys, leaving the house in his pajamas.

 

“Oh god, Minnie, you scared me to death. I thought something happened to you.” Minho breathed out in relief as he hugged Taemin tight after making sure the younger boy really was unharmed.

“And you’re really not hurt anywhere?” He asked worriedly again.

“I’m fine, hyung. I only came here with a friend.” Taemin nodded.

“Oh okay. Is everything fine with your friend now? Is i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter