Life is simple, but not easy

Love to be Loved by You [Editing: 12%]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Dad? Oh my god, Did he just say dad?’

Jonghyun’s father? That meant this man was the Mr.Kim? Korea’s most successful businessman? Key should have noticed that since the man and Jjong looked pretty similar.

Kibum looked at the surprised Jonghyun, who was standing there, unmoving. He had his eyes wide open, and his left hand was covering his mouth. He looked pale as if he had just seen a ghost. Perhaps the man really was a ghost, because that would make a lot more sense. Why the hell was Jonghyun’s dad here? How did he even know where Jjong was? And the most important question: Why did he look angry enough to eat his son up?

“Dad?” Finally, the Dino was able to speak again.

Key was extremely thankful since the deadly silence was almost killing him. Besides, it felt uncomfortable to have Mr. Kim just staring at him, even if it was just for a second. The older man had a scary expression on his face, and somehow, his cold glance sent a shiver through Key.

“What are you doing here? I thought you were in Japan,” Jonghyun asked again. It was hard to tell whether Jonghyun was happy or worried about his father’s emergence since his voice had a bunch of emotions all mixed up together. Along with…surprise? Yes, but that was all that the Almighty Key could tell.

“I’m here because of you, of course.” Mr. Kim spoke for the second time, still with that cold and emotionless voice.

“Or better said, because of this.” He said and handed Jonghyun the photo book in his hands.

“What is this?” he asked, giving Kibum a slight glance, but quickly looking back at his son, who was about to say something.

“It’s a photo book, dad,” Jjong answered, holding the book right in front of his chest as if it could protect him in some way.

“I know it’s a photo book. My question is, why are you in a book that is selling everywhere on the internet in order to support an orphanage?”

Damn it! Key should have known this would happen. Of course, Mr. Kim would be mad. Who wouldn’t be, if his son spent his money on making a photo book, and then donated all the profits to an orphanage? On top of this, he was a businessman, and according to him, what Jonghyun did was probably a waste of his money. Oh my gosh, Jonghyun was for sure in huge trouble. And this was all Key’s fault, wasn’t it?

“Excuse me, Mr. Kim?” It took all the courage Kibum had to speak. “It wasn’t Jonghyun’s fault. It was beca—“

Not letting Key get involved in the problem, Jjong cut off the Diva.

“No, he has nothing to do with his, dad. I can explain.”

“Oh, you don’t have to explain anything to me. I think I know exactly what’s going on here.” Mr. Kim said, taking away the last ounce of hope that the boys had. Whenever your parents said that they knew what was going on, it meant they thought you were guilty. And that was final.

“Did you really think I wouldn’t find out about this? Did you really think the world wouldn’t notice if the heir of the Kim Company appears in a photo book?” Jonghyun’s father raised his voice a bit, but he still sounded calm enough to keep his image of a respected businessman.

“I didn’t tell you about it, because I thought it was unimportant,” Jjong said nervously, rubbing the back of his head.

“You’re making a campaign to donate money for an orphanage, and you think it’s not important enough to tell me about? Do you how disappointed I am?”

“I’m sorry, dad,” Jonghyun said, looking down at the floor. Mr. Kim walked forward to his son. Now he was standing right before Jonghyun.

“You really should be. How can you not tell me? When I read that article about you, do you know how happy I was?” He said, laughing and hugging his son.

Wait, what? He was laughing. He wasn’t mad? Jonghyun and Key widened their eyes in surprise. Well, this wasn’t expected, not even in a million years.

“Y-You’re what?” Jonghyun asked in disbelief.

“You heard me. I’m so proud of you. My little Jjongjjong finally grew up.” Mr. Kim said happily, while Key murmured a barely hearable “What?” in the background.

“Dad, I told you not to call me that in public. “ The Dino whispered to his father.

“So you’re not mad?” He asked again, just to play it safe.

“Mad? Why would I be mad? Thanks to your photo book, people see our company in a different, good light. Besides, you choose the perfect timing Jjongjjo--Jonghyun.” Mr. Kim proudly said. “After the issue last month, this was a heaven-sent opportunity. You saved the company image, and I’m so glad you finally showed an interest in our business.”

Was this really happening? Key couldn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter