Hope

Love to be Loved by You [Editing: 12%]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To Kibum it was a puzzle how Jonghyun could notice his sadness. He wouldn’t say he could be an Oscar-level actor but he would still be a very good one. He knew he was a good liar. His best friend Taemin was the only person being able to read him like an open book. Now he was afraid he might have to add another person to that list. He was deep in thought when Jonghyun’s voice brought him back to earth.

‘Earth to Kibum. Are you listening?’

‘Y-Yes? What did you say?’

‘I’m asking you what happened that made you worry?’

‘Right…’ Key looked around to make sure none of the kids was listening. ‘It’s about the orphan house. The main sponsor retied all of sudden and now we have a huge financing problem.’

‘But how could they do that?’ Jonghyun asked.

‘Well, we’re in the midst of a global financial crisis. We can’t blame them.’ In contrast to Jonghyun, the heir of Korean’s biggest company, Key was pretty familiar with financial issues. He had always been a good student. Knowledge was power, right?

‘Don’t worry we’ll find another sponsor soon.’ Jonghyun encouraged Key.

‘That’s easier said than done. It’ll take a lot of time to find a new one. Till then we can’t do anything.’

‘Why today of all days?’ Kibum sighed and mumbled to himself, but being a puppy-like-boy Jonghyun was, he heard that easily.

‘What’s so special about today?’ He curiously asked. Key quickly thought, whether he should tell Jonghyun or not, since it wasn’t really Jonghyun’s business.

‘You know, the former sponsor offered us a trip to Lotte World. But he retired at the very last moment, so we have to cancel the trip.’

They both turned around, watching the children through the open door. They were excitedly running around, putting ‘important things’ in their backpacks and telling each other how curious they were about the theme park, since this was their first time visiting one.

‘They have been rejoicing over today since last week.’ Siwon’s sad voice scarred the two boys to death. They almost jumped on each other. For a tall and well-built person, Siwon moved like a ninja. You barely heard him coming.  

‘Oh sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you.’ He apologized.

‘It’s ok.’ Jonghyun and Key said together at the same time, making Siwon laughed but like a flood wave reality hit him and brought back the sadness on his face.

‘I can’t tell them that we’re not going. Can you help me, Kibum?’ He gave Key a begging glance. 

‘I can’t either.’ Kibum said, shaking his head like crazy. Then, they looked at Jonghyun, causing him to take a step back.

‘OH NO NO NO I won’t do that.’

‘Please’ Key said and pouted. Damn, he got Jonghyun. His cuteness was irresistible.

‘All right! You win.’ Siwon and Key breathed out as the dino gave up and walked toward the kids. Just as he was about to go through the door, something came to his mind. He stopped.

‘Wait. I have an idea.’

‘It’s a bad Idea.’ Key said diva-ish, confusing Jonghyun.

‘W-what? You don’t even know what it is?’

‘So what was your Idea Jonghyun-ssi?’ Siwon asked.

‘Well…I can be the new sponsor.’ Jonghyun cheerfully said.

‘Told ya’ Key sang, while Siwon was choking on air.

‘The idea isn’t that bad.’ Jonghyun argued.

‘Yes it is.’

‘Oh come one. The orphan house needs…’

‘I said NO’ Key cut off Jonghyun.

‘Oh don’t be so…’ Jonghyun was cut off again, but this time by Siwon.

‘Guys. Calm down.’ As the younger boys stopped discussing, he contin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter