Once upon a time

Love to be Loved by You [Editing: 12%]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was full moon. Jonghyun’s room was lit up by the silver moonlight that shined through the glass window. Jjong saw the door slowly open, and a cute Kibum with messed up hair was standing there, hugging a pillow.

“Jjong, can I sleep with you?” The boy asked shyly, causing the Dino to widen his eyes in surprise.

Kim Jonghyun, do not think dirty. Do not think dirty. Do. Not.

“D-Don’t you like your room?” Jonghyun stuttered.

“Yes, but it’s too big, and the bed is too big.” And it made me feel lonely.

“Okay?” The Dino said, confused, but lifted the blanket with his hand. “Hurry up and come here, or else you’ll catch a cold.”

Kibum nodded and quickly went under the cover. It was warm and it had a nice scent; Jonghyun’s scent.

“Good night, Bummie,” said Jjong, closing his eyes.

“Good night.” He heard Key reply.

Jonghyun tried to keep his eyes closed, and to fall asleep. Yet the presence of the adorable boy next to him made his heart beat faster. He couldn’t believe it. The player, Kim Jonghyun, was lying next to a y Diva, and he did nothing? What was wrong with him?

“Jjong?” Key’s soft voice suddenly broke the night’s silence.

“Hmm?” The Dino made a noise to show he was listening.

“Are you sleeping?” Kibum asked.

“No, I can’t,” answered Jonghyun. How could he sleep when Key was lying that close to him? He could even hear the other boy’s breathing.

“I can’t either. Let’s talk.” The Diva suggested.

“Ok,” said Jjong. “About what?”

“I don’t know.” Key answered. He had no idea what he was doing, but he just wanted to talk to Jonghyun. He simply wanted to know more about the other boy.

“That’s a good start.” Jjong teased, chuckling.

“How about ‘you’?” Jonghyun asked.

“What?”

“You never tell me anything about you.”  Jjong said and turned to face Key who was still laying on his back, staring at the ceiling.

“Because there is nothing about me to tell you. I’m boring.”

“You’re far from boring. I know that.”

“Ok, fine. What do you want to know?” The Diva asked.

Jonghyun rolled his eyes, thinking. Then something came to his mind.

“Let’s start with Taemin.” He said.

“Taemin?” Key repeated his son’s name in confusion.

“Yeah, why does he call you ‘Umma’?”

“We’ve known each other since… forever. We used to be neighbors and our moms were best friends, so they let us hang out together often. You know, there was even a time I thought Taemin was my brother.” Kibum smiled warmly at the thought of his younger friend.

“Then we went to the same playschool, primary school, and middle school. We became best friends. No, more than that. We became brothers. So I took care of him. I mean, I’m older than him, so that’s what I should do, right? Then one day, I can’t remember when it was, Taemin started to call me umma, and now he still does.”

Jonghyun listened carefully to Key. He knew Kibum was a caring person, since he had seen how gentle and understanding Key was toward the children at the orphanage. Yet the fact that he had cared about Taemin when he was still a kid made Jjong respect Key even more. He always thought about others. In contrast to Jonghyun, Key was so warmhearted.

“Bummie, why are you living alone?” Jjong asked.

“I’m not alone. Taemin is living with me, remember?” The Diva answered, try

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter