Lost

Love to be Loved by You [Editing: 12%]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Karma was a . Once you messed up with it, it’d wait for the mini second you showed your weakness – the most unexpected moment – and kicked your so fast and so hard that you couldn’t even realize what had happened to you until you found yourself bleeding on the ground.
And sometimes – when it was in a good mood – it’d add a special gift for you, a bonus. It’d hurt you in the worst way you could ever imagine. It’d hurt the person you loved the most and forced you to stay there powerlessly, watching that person crying in pain. And when you thought it couldn’t get any worse, it’d give you the final shot. You’d have to accept the fact that you were the one who hurt that person. And when you realized it was your entire fault, it’d be too late. The only thing you would do at that moment was to look at your bloody hands and die in pain, guilt and heartbreak.

“Why didn’t you save umma?”

“It was your fault.”

“You killed Key hyung.”

Taemin’s painful cries froze Jonghyun, filled the older boy with sadness. Waking up, Jonghyun noticed his pillow was wet because of those tears falling from his eyes. Quickly, he grabbed his phone, checking the time.

03:30 am.

What the hell was he doing at this time… awake? He went to bed at 2am ‘yesterday’.

Lying back on his empty bed, Jonghyun tried to fall asleep again but failed. That nightmare couldn’t leave his mind. When he was young, every time he had a bad dream, his mom said the opposite of it would happen, so that he wouldn’t be scared anymore.

He knew it wasn’t true.

 

“Kim Jonghyun, what the are you doing?” murmured the boy as he stepped on gas, heading to Kibum’s apartment. There was a question that just couldn’t disappear from his mind: What if Key really needed him and he had turned his back to the boy?

However, as soon as he reached the familiar house, for some reason, he couldn’t make it to ring the bell. So instead of that, he sat in his car for who knew how long until he fell asleep.

 

Jonghyun rubbed his eyes tiredly as he heard a knock on the window. Sleepy, he tried to figure out who the middle age woman before him was. She looked familiar, as if he had seen her before, but he couldn’t remember her.

“Good morning,” greeted Jonghyun, getting out of his car.

“Good morning, are you seeing Kibum today? Can you give this to him, please? He forgot it.” The mystery woman said, handing Jonghyun a little cactus.

“Ahm, you are…?” asked the young boy awkwardly.

“Oh, excuse me; I thought you were a friend of the boy living in this house. I’m the landlord.” She apologized.

“You mean Kibum?” Jonghyun questioned.

“So you’re really his friend? What a relief. Can you give this to him; he forgot it when he moved out.”

“Excuse me? He did WHAT?” Jonghyun almost cried in shock.

“You didn’t know it?” The woman asked surprisingly.

“No, I didn’t. It seems like I don’t know anything about him.” Jonghyun mumbled quietly.

 

Getting back in his car, Jonghyun leaned his head back, thinking of what just happened at school.

“But you should have his new address or at least his new phone number. Shouldn’t you contact a student if he didn’t go to school for so long?”  Jonghyun screamed at the principal.

“Mr. Kim Kibum had signed himself out. He is no longer a student of our school.” The man answered.

Jjong couldn’t believe it. Key had disappeared as if he had never existed, as if it was all Jonghyun’s imagination. Somehow it hurt to know Kibum had left without saying goodbye.

Jonghyun wasn’t even sure what he would say or do if he could find Key. He wasn’t even sure why he wanted to find that boy. He just wanted to.

On his way back home, he had almost given up on looking for Key. He couldn’t think of any other way to find him. Key wasn’t at his apartment. He no longer went to their school. No one knew his new address. His phone wasn’t working. His best friend, Taemin, didn’t pick up the phone, no matters how often Jonghyun had called him. Even Minho disappeared.

So the question was: What the hell was happening? Jonghyun knew he had missed something but WHAT? And it drove him crazy not to know if Kibum was ok?

Jonghyun was deep in his thoughts, but luckily he saw the red traffic light. And a few seconds later, he thanked god that he did stop the car. A class of kindergarten kids was crossing the road… hand in hand. How cute. They reminded Jjong of the children at the orphanage.

Wait. Children. The orphanage. Key.

And for one second Jonghyun’s world seemed to have hopes again, until…

“I have no idea where he is, Jonghyun. I’m worried about him too. No matters how busy he was, Key had always visited the kids on the first Sunday of every month. But this time, he didn’t show up. The kids were missing him.” Siwon said.

“I think something bad happened to him. Don’t you think so? Li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter