Growing up

Love to be Loved by You [Editing: 12%]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kibum was running down the school yard with tears in his eyes, when he suddenly felt pain on his back and found himself lying on the hard ground. Because of the tears in his puffy eyes, he hadn’t seen the girl before him, and had bumped into her.

Just then, he turned around and noticed Jonghyun wasn’t behind him, and even more tears fell down his cheeks.

Stupid Dino, why can’t you run after me?
I would have trusted you.
I would have believed that you cared about me.
Why can’t you show me that I was wrong, and that I mean something to you?

“Umma.” All of sudden, a familiar voice interrupted Kibum’s thoughts.

“Minnie,” Key said with a cracked voice.

“Umma, oh my god, what happened? Are you ok? Are you hurt? Oh my god, you are hurt. What do I do? What do I do?” Taemin panicked. Key cut him off.

“Calm down, sweetheart. I’m fine.” He said, wiping his tears away.

Quickly, Taemin helped his best friend stand up, and asked.

“Are you sure? Should I bring you to the nurse’s office?”

“It’s nothing, Minnie. I just bumped into someone. I’m fine,” Key answered as Taemin sat him down on the bench.

“Were you with not-appa? Did you guys have a fight?” Taemin asked worriedly.

“No, I wasn’t with that stupid Dino,” lied Kibum.

“Why are you lying, umma? You told Taeminnie not to lie, didn’t you?” The younger boy said, pouting.

“I’m n-“Key cut himself off when he saw Taemin pointing at his necklace. It wasn’t red, but it was still shining a light pink color.

“You caught me.” Key forced a sad smile.

“What happened, umma? Do you want to tell me?”

Of course Key told Taemin everything. The younger boy was his best friend after all.

“Do you want me to talk to not-appa?” Taemin asked, after listening carefully to his umma’s story.

“No,” said Key nervously. “I’ll take care of it myself, Minnie.”

“Ok, just don’t cry anymore. I don’t like it when umma cries.” Taemin said, wrapping his arms around Key’s neck and hugging the older boy tightly.

 

The weekend passed quickly. Everyone was busy preparing for the sudden class trip. While Key and Taemin had gone shopping three times to make sure they hadn’t forget anything, Jonghyun had only packed a few outfits, underwear, and his credit cards. He had spent the rest of the time calling and texting Key, who had ignored him completely. Jonghyun was about to go crazy. He even wanted to go to Key’s apartment, but he didn’t want to act like a stalker, so he waited. They were going to share a room the whole next week anyway. Jjong would have enough time to make it up to the Diva, right?

 

“Do you have your pepper spray?” Key asked for the third time.

“Yes, I do.” Taemin answered, placing his suitcase down.

“Do you still remember what I told you, Minnie?” Key asked again with his umma-like voice.

“Yes, I’ll place it under my pillow and if Minho hyung tries to do something, I’ll spray it on his face, run out of the room, and scream for help. I got it.” Taemin said in a robotic voice.

“But, umma, what can he try to do?” He asked innocently.

“We’ll have that conversation later, much later, honey,” answered Kibum, laughing at his son’s cuteness.

“What conversation?”

Suddenly, Key’s happy expression changed as he heard Jonghyun’s voice. Turning around, he found the Dino standing behind him, along with Minho and Onew.

Key then walked towards the boys, causing Jjong to smile brightly and wave at him. Yet, his smile disappeared immediately when Kibum passed him by, hugging Onew warmly.

“Onew hyung, what are you doing here? Are you coming with us?” Kibum asked cheerfully.

“Hey Key,” Onew greeted back, smiling, “I just drove the kids here and I have to go now. School is starting soon.”

“Oh, too bad, it’d be much more fun with you.” Key pouted cutely, causing Jonghyun to feel his heart race faster and faster. Was the Diva flirting with Onew? In front of him?

“Yeah, I’d rather go with you guys, but our trip is next week.” Onew said, patting Key’s head gently. “Anyway, have fun in Peking.” And with that, the older boy waved at the others and left.

Next to the bus, Minho was helping Taemin with his suitcase, while the blond boy was talking nonstop about how excited his was. None of them had noticed how Jonghyun had grabbed Key’s hand, leading him to a corner behind the big building.

“What was that?” Jonghyun asked angrily.

“What was what?” Kibum questioned back, acting like he didn’t know what the Dino was talking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter