Back to Reality

Love to be Loved by You [Editing: 12%]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why are you already home? Don’t you have school in the afternoon?’

Jonghyun heard his brother’s voice when he just opened the door. Onew was sitting on the couch, eating his oh-so-beloved chicken while watching Running Man.

“I skipped,” Jonghyun said calmly, as it was nothing special. It was Friday, and normally he would have school till 5 pm, but today he wasn’t in the mood for more lessons.

“What kind of trouble did you get in today? The whole school was talking about you.” Onew asked without even a little bit of surprise in his voice.

“People like to talk, hyung. Let them.” Jonghyun said, sitting down next to the chicken maniac who hadn’t stopped eating for a second, even though he was talking to his younger brother.

Jjong wrapped his right arm around Onew’s shoulder, pulling the older boy closer to him.

‘Wha-What are you doing?’ Onew asked unsurely.

“Just wanna say I’m glad you’re my brother. I love you hyung.” Jonghyun answered with his warm and cute voice. He was glad to have a clumsy, but caring brother like Onew, and as Key had said, the older boy had always been and will always be there for him. Right?

“Are you ok, Jjongjjong?” Onew said, worried. Jonghyun was the King of Skinship, but an outburst like this wasn’t ordinary.

“Yes, I am,” Jjong said, letting go of Onew.

“I don’t think so. Why are you like this? Do you want to talk?” The older boy still hadn’t given up on asking questions, since it was too obvious that something was bothering Jonghyun.

“I’m fine, really. I’m tired. I’m going to go take a nap.” and with that, the Dino went to his room, leaving a confused Onew behind.

 

Jjong threw himself on his soft bed. He stared into the air and chuckled. The memory about Key and him, and what happened that morning formed a smile on his face. He carefully touched his one shoulder where Key had placed his hand. It was like he could still feel Key’s embrace. It was warm, gentle, soft and it had felt so right. It had felt so natural as if Key’s arms were made to hug him.

Suddenly Jonghyun felt his heart pump faster, and his face felt hot. Was he blushing? No, it couldn’t be. The player, Kim Jonghyun, had dated countless girls. He did not blush because of a hug from anyone.

Yet, Key wasn’t just anyone. He was the almighty Key, and it seemed like there was not a thing he couldn’t open, including Jjong’s heart.

“Always [be] here for me,” Jonghyun repeated Kibum’s words.

Does that mean we’re friends? Like … true friends?

Jonghyun didn’t have many true friends, and therefore he respected and treasured friendships.

Yes, Key is a friend, a true friend and I’m going to ruin our friendship with my stupid bet.

Jonghyun had a rule for his own self and that was ‘not to date a friend’ since it would break their friendship.

Maybe I should stop before I end up in a police car for not paying my restaurant bill or something like that.

Yeah, that’s right.  I really have to stop. He’s a good friend I can’t lose.

Yet, could Jjong really do that? Staying a friend sounded easy, but not when your heart jumped like crazy every time he touched you or smiled at you, or just simply sat there and said nothing.

All the memories with Key appeared in Jonghyun’s mind one by one, like a movie. The Dino boy slowly fell asleep with a smile on his face.

 

[A/N: The blue parts are spoken in English, like real English ^^]

 

“Yes, everything is fine.” A familiar voice woke up the sleeping Jonghyun. The Dino sat up from his warm blanket and turned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter