A shoulder to lean on

Love to be Loved by You [Editing: 12%]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Stay at your own risk, stupid Dino.” Kibum murmured. He knew it was the perfect chance to impress the Player, but how? Jonghyun had dated countless girls, and all of them were beautiful. The famous actor, Shin Se Kyung, was just one of them, and in no way was Key better looking than her. What should he do to make himself unique? His mum had told him that self-confidence was the best accessory, and he believed her.

The Diva made a perfect pose and showed everyone, including Jonghyun, the hidden model in him.  When his eyes met Jjong’s, he lifted his head and formed a y confident smile that froze the Dino. 

Jonghyun felt how his heart pumped faster and faster. It was getting so loud that the only thing he could hear was his heart beats. Key was in fact, different from the others. He had something the Player missed on all the people he had dated. No fake shyness, no fake cuteness, but self-esteem that made him so noticeable and unforgettable. Jonghyun wanted someone who could be himself in front of him, not someone who did everything to get his attention. Maybe Key was the only one; the one Jjong had been looking for so long…maybe.

The Dino boy shook his head as if he could stop his thoughts in that way. He opened the water bottle in his hand and took a swallow to calm himself down.

At the same moment, the staff clapped their hands and commended Key for his awesome work. The Diva joked around by acting like an idol and gave them air kisses.

At that sight Jjong, spat out all the water in his mouth, causing everybody to stare at him in awkward silence. A second after that, Key started to laugh at Jjong, and the whole room burst out laughing too. 

“Jonghyun-ssi, since you are already here, should we start taking a couple of pictures now? After you get your make-up fixed, of course,” the photographer said, laughing and pointing at the water on Jjong’s face. The Player immediately wiped it away and nodded.

After fixing his make-up, Jonghyun went back to Key.

“What did Taeminnie tell you before?” Kibum asked, hoping his son hadn’t told Jonghyun anything embarrassing about him.

“Nothing,” Jjong lied. Taemin wouldn’t want Key to know about their conversation, or else he wouldn’t have talked to Jonghyun face to face. People always called Jjong a jerk, but what they didn’t know was that he could be very sharp-witted and understanding.

“It didn’t seem like nothing though,” Key said.

“Let’s begin,” a staff member called, interrupting Jongkey.

Taking it as a chance to escape from ‘Inspector Key’, Jjong quickly walked away in relief with a childish grin on his face. 

“Yah,” He heard the Diva behind him. Luckily, a staff member gave them the sign that they had started taking pictures and saved Jjong from Key’s don’t-you-dare-walk-away-when-I-am-talking-to-you lesson.

At first, they were just posing ‘normally’. However, the photographer was asking for more.

“Guys, it isn’t called ‘couple’ for nothing. Show me some skinship, please.” he said.

“As you wish. I’m the King of skinship after all.” Jonghyun replied, and put his arm around Key’s shoulder, causing the other boy to blush. Jjong noticed Key blushing and smiled at his cuteness. So, the Diva did have this side, and Jonghyun liked it. Shy Key was in fact adorable. The Dino just couldn’t keep his eyes away from Kibum. He was trying hard to stare at Key inconspicuously but failed. With his Diva-instincts, Key caught Jjong red-handed. 

However, the Player was still proudly commending himself in his thoughts for being a genius. Having a photo shoot with Kibum was the best idea ever. Even though he felt nervous sometimes, when they were leaning, holding on each other, or when they were just simply playing around, since it was with Key, everything just felt so right.

After checking their pictures Jonghyun and Key thanked everybody and went outside the building to get some fresh air. They had been in the studio for hours, and it was already dark outside. The boys sat on the stairway and talked about the exciting day and some other random things. Key was pretty surprised how much Jjong could talk. The first and also last time they really talked had been on their date, and it was very awkward. Yet today, Jonghyun seemed to be relaxed, like he was talking to a close friend. Were they really becoming good friends?

 

What Key didn’t know was that it had been a long time since Jonghyun had chatted with someone other than Minho and Onew. He didn’t have many true friends to talk to, since Hongki was always busy. Even though Jjong dated a lot of people, he only flirted with them, but never showed them the true Jonghyun. However, Kibum gave him the kind of feeling that he could trust the Diva, and it felt good to have a conversation with someone was not only listening like Minho, or making weird jokes like Onew.

Jonghyun kept talking, but immediately froze when he felt Key’s head leaning on his shoulder, and he could hear his heart pumping loudly once again. He carefully turned his head to see that the other had fallen asleep. Key looked so peaceful, causing Jjong to be afraid to move, as he could wake Key up. So he just sat there, unmoving, and enjoying the feeling of Key’s warmth, until Onew came to tell them that they were going to take the group pictures.

It didn’t take them many tries, because everyone did their best since they were deadly tired. It was a long day, and everybody had worked pretty hard.

After thanking the photographer and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter