The Girls Who Rule Over The Boys

Love Story in S♥NE High

“Hmm, I have heard a lot of good thing about you from Krystal… But not so much from Jessica herself”, Mrs. Jung said after her daughter is out of sight.

The young man was listening patiently, waiting for what Mrs. Jung wanted to say. He nods in agreement, he himself will never expect Jessica to say anything about him, disappointing but he has to accept it knowing his girlfriend’s personality, at least not now, maybe in the future.

“So, I hope you’ve been treating her well, you should know that she try to keep a distance from guys, putting up barrier, making it hard to approach her”, she continues, Yul couldn’t agree more about the barrier.

“Do you know what is the reason she acted that way?”, he asked.

“Yes, but I think I would be better for you to ask her yourself, I can only tell you that she was brokenhearted, she wasn’t quiet and cold like she is now”. Again, Yul can only nodded in understanding.

“And I hope you are being serious about this relationship with her and not to hurt her, it painful for us to see how she broke down before”, Mrs. Jung warned him.

“Yes, I promise to make her the happiest person in the world, I truly love her, I admit I was just fooling around with her at first, but there is something about her that keep me thinking about her, something that draws me in”, he admitted.

“Well, I’m glad she actually found someone like you, who actually cares for her”, they can hear Jessica’s footsteps coming down the stairs from the second floor.

“Does that mean I’m accepted as your future son-in-law?”, Yul jokes.

“*laugh* Tsk tsk tsk. You sure are quiet a joker, huh?”, Mrs. Jung shook her head, by then Jessica appeared with a pink bag beside her.

“I’m ready”, she said excitedly.

“Great! I think the others are ready too”, he checked his phone, getting up from the seat.

“Alright, have fun kids, don’t get into any trouble!”, they walked towards the door.

“Please, it’s just two days mom, what could possibly happen? And we are not kids anymore. Where is Krystal? She doesn’t even bother to say goodbye”, Jessica look up to the second floor.

“We’ll be going now Mrs. Jung”, Yul bowed and put the bag at the back of the car.

“Yes, just call me Auntie, Yul. You should come again next time, and remember your promise”, Mrs. Jung said.

“Of course, I’ll keep that in mind, don’t worry, Auntie”, he said before opening the car door for his princess.

“Bye mom”, Jessica hugged her mom before getting into the passenger seat.

“Bye Auntie”, he bowed one last time before jogged to his side of the car. And dash away from the house.

 

~ ~ ~

“Guys!!! Here!!!”, Tiffany’s voice can be heard from the radius of 100 meters away. YulSic were the last to be there, everyone has their baggage in the plane and waiting to get into the plane already.

“Where’s Hyo?”, Yul asked when they’ve joined the gang.

“He doesn’t want to come, he said,’ I don’t wanna be the third-um,fifth- no actually, the seventh wheel in this trip!’, so yeah, he would rather stay here then come with us”, Tae said, leaving the others to laugh amusingly at his imitation.

“Ha! He got that right! Let’s go then”, Yul said, pointing at the plane.

 

 TaeNy were walking in front of the other two couples, when suddenly Tiffany turned back to Jessica.

“Jess! Watch and learn!”, she cling onto Taeyeon and he hold her by the waist, she swings her while walking.

“Damn! You’ve got a nice there”, Yul shouted, receiving a glare from Taeyeon and right after that he felt a sting on his rib, Jessica just elbowed him and left.

“Man, you are digging your own grave”, Sooyoung patted him while Sunny was giggling uncontrollably.

“Yeah, I think one of my ribs cracked”, he was holding his ribs and limping to his girlfriend’s side, showing his puppy face to her. To his disappointment, she didn’t seem to care and just keep walking. He trailed behind her until they are inside the plane and quickly took the seat beside her, still holding his rib and hissing in pain. Everyone else has also taken their seats, Taeyeon with Tiffany and Sunny with Sooyoung, each on their own rows.

 

In the end, Jessica looked at her boyfriend who was still doing the same action.

“Sorry”, she said in low voice.

“Hmm?”, Yul tried to contain his happiness now that Jessica shows a bit of concern.

“Was it that bad?”, she looked at the place he was holding. She only remembers doing it lightly.

“Yeah, you broke my ribs, but I think it will heal if you give a kiss here”, he pointed at his lips.

Jessica glared at him now that she knows he was tricking her, sighed in anger, while Yul was grinning beside her.

“Oh no! My baby is angry. Come on, I was just joking, you know I like to fool around”, he showed his white teeth.

She looked away with both of her hand folded in front of her chest.

“Okay, it’s my fault, please~ I want us to enjoy this holiday, forgive me, please~”, he kept poking the girl beside him, until she turned to him.

 

“What promise do you have with my mom?”, she asked, remembering what her mom told him before they leave.

“It’s nothing”, Yul got back to his sitting position to face the front.

“Tell me!”, she glared at him.

“Let’s make a deal then, you tell me the reason of you hating guys, I’ll tell you about the promise”, he turned to her with face that is more serious.

“There’s no reason”

“There must be a reason”

No reply.

“Ok, fine”, he is disappointed that she still doesn’t want to open up to him, he knows part of the story, but he prefer that she told him herself. He sat back to his position, staring at the screen that’s playing a tv show, his mind wasn’t even there.

 

Silence came between them with both of them refused to talk first. They can clearly hear the other couples behind them chatting happily.

“Great job in changing yourself Jess!”, Jessica scolded herself, she promised to herself to change during this trip, but she doesn’t seem to be doing it. She let out a heavy sigh.

“It happened when I was in ninth grade”, at last she speaks, Yul was surprise with the fact that she is the one who surrender first.

 

Flashback

Jessica was known for her outstanding achievement in her studies. She wasn’t the type of popular girl, or you can even say that she was one of the school nerds, to be exact. With typical appearance of thick glasses and bookworm who always has a book with her. She was kind to everyone and always there to help whoever that face any difficulties in their studies.

Until one day, one of the most popular guys, called Kim Jaejoong confessed to her. She was young and naïve, consumed by the desire to experience love life, she accepted him, thinking that he loves her for her personality.

They have been going out for months, but his fangirls was still hanging around him, even when they know her has Jessica as his girlfriend. Being a nice girl she is, Jessica trusted him, and never been suspicious about him.

Until the day he broke her heart, she was supposed to be on her way home when she realized that she left her notebook in the class. She went back to her classroom just to find her boyfriend making out with one of her classmate.

“You! How could you do this to me? Is this what you’ve been doing all along?”, she said, standing beside the door, she was already crying.

He scoffed, still with the girl on his lap, “Ow come on, do you really think I would want to go out with such a nerd? Don’t tell me you actually believe that I was in love with you? How pretty do you think you are? You are just someone I use to complete my assessment, not more than that, may be in your dream”, he said with a loud voice, tearing her heart into pieces.

She walked towards him and *PLAK*, she slapped him with all her might, leaving the two in shock.

“You are a jerk! I hope you are happy with this !”, and she left the room, running as fast as she can to get out from that place.

It was her first love, she trusted him, always trying her best to be a good girlfriend, but this is what she got in return.

Since that incident, everything about her started to change, her appearance, attitude, personality, and more importantly how she treated the guys.

End of Flashback

 

~~~Present

 

Yul was gritting his teeth when he was listening to the story, he was furious about how that guy treated her, he was clenching his fist.

“It wasn’t a happy story. That’s why I don’t really want to talk about it”, she exhaled.

“Now tell me about the promise”, she raised one of her eyebrows.

“Err… I promised your mom I will make you the happiest person alive”, he gave her a warm smile, it melts her heart.

She was caught off guard with what he just said.

“Yul”

“Hmm?”

“Thank you”, she said softly.

“My pleasure, my princess, and promise me not to use the word ‘Thank you’ again next time, you don’t need it in a relationship, it is how it supposed to be”, he flashed his best smile.

“O~r you could replace it with a kiss, I’ll accept it every single time”, he grinned cheekily. Right after that, he felt something soft touching his lips and left the next moment, Jessica just gave him a peck on the lips. He was stunned, she was blushing, everything was happening too fast.

He touched his lips and was staring at the girl beside him, while she keep her head low, trying to concentrate to read the novel she brought along. Slowly, the corner of his lip was pulled upward, he was smiling like a fool.

 

“Kwon Yul!”, a loud voice coming from behind him startled him.

“Yes?”

“Is there any food in this plane? I’m starving”

“Can you behave yourself please, you are embarrassing me”, another voice was heard, this time it was a girl.

“Yeah, just press the button on the side”, Yul was trying to point it for Sooyoung.

“Yeayyy~”

“Oh God”, Sunny couldn’t say anything anymore.

 

Meanwhile, TeaNy are busy with themselves, flirting with each other, touching here and there.

“Tae tae”

“Yes, my Jewel?”

“Where do you plan to go when we reached there?”

“Anywhere you want, my mushroom”

 

Suddenly they heard a sudden laughter from the front seat.

“*LOL* Gosh ,midget! How cheesy can you be? My Jewel? My mushroom?”, Yul was holding his stomach that’s hurting caused by his laughter.

“Yah! Don’t call me that, you overcooked creature! You are not anywhere better! My princess? Really?”, he was unbuckling his seatbelt to approach the guy sitting in front seat.

“Oh my! Midget is angry, run for your life!!!”, he teased his best friend again, who is now standing in front of him, not looking very happy.

“Say it one more time, I swear I’ll punch you in your pretty face”, Jessica and Tiffany was watching their boyfriend bickering like elementary school kids.

“Oh yea? Try me mi-”

“Yul”, just one word from the ice princess and Yul turned quiet, he sighed in defeat and pouted, looking away from his girlfriend and the Shorty in front of him.

 

Taeyeon was going to laugh when suddenly, “Tae tae!”, a warning voice was heard. He hung his head low and walked back to his seat.

“BWAHAHAHAHA! You guys !”, Sooyoung said with his loud voice while still chewing on his food.

“You guys should learn from -”

“*clears throat*”

“me? Nevermind”, he changed his mind after noticing the short girl beside him was glaring at him.

“Good, now finish your food”, she patted him.

“You BOYS are so childish. Tsk tsk tsk”, Tiffany held her temples and shook her head. She purposely said the ‘boys’ part louder, being sarcastic.

After a while, Yul stole a glance to the girl sitting beside him, she was being too quiet. He saw his girlfriend dozing off with her book half open and her head hanging low.

He chuckled and slowly brought her head to rest on the headrest. He lowered down the backrest of their seat so it will be more comfortable for her. He took her book and put it back to her bag, when he saw her phone inside it, curious of what else can he find from inside her phone, he took it out from her bag.

I’m officially her boyfriend, I should have the right to see what’s inside

No! It’s her privacy

Just a little peek won’t kill you

You will get in trouble if she finds out

His conscience was fighting against each other.

Ok, maybe just a little peek. The devil won the debate.

He sat back to his position and slowly resting Jessica’s head against his shoulder, while his other hand started to play with her phone.

Let’s see, hmm, messages, um, who is this? Stalker? Open.

Err… I think it’s me. How could she use that for me? I should change it. Edit.

Hmm, what’s a good name for me? . . . Ah! M-y P-r-i-n-c-e, My Prince, excellent!

Save, OK!

Jessica moved a bit, startling Yul, he hide her phone to the side of his thigh in reflex. He peek from the corner of his eyes, sigh in relief that she is still asleep.

Oh gosh! That was scary, I should put it back. I don’t think I’m ready to face HellSica. She was just starting to trust me.

He then put the phone back to the original place and watch the tv show in front of him.

 

Two hours of their flight has passed, they can hear the flight attendant giving notice about the flight, and the plane will land in Tokyo shortly.