When The Ice Breaks

Love Story in S♥NE High




"No... Please don't disappear on me again".


****************************************

They both froze up in their current position, still trying to process what has just happened. Yul was just teasing her to avoid the awkward mood, and he wasn't expecting any response. On the other hand, Jessica didn't even understand why she did what she did.

"Hey guys! Going home?", Taeyeon came out from the class, oblivious about what has just happened outside the class.


"*clears throat* Yeah", Yul answered while Jessica quickly pulled away her hand back, still keeping silent.

"Cool! Wanna go together?"

"Aren't you going home with Tiffany? I thought you guys have something going on?", He said after he snapped out from his thought, back to his playful self.

"Yup! I wasn't offering you the ride, I was asking if you want to walk to the carpark together, Babo! I wouldn't want anyone to disturb our 'alone time'", he answered while grinning away.

"Tae~ Didn't you miss your awesome best friend over here during his absence?", Yul is showing his aegyo to Taeyeon, and then he realize he might have offended the girl who was standing beside him. Stealing a glance to her, he saw that she is in the verge of crying.

"Shoot!" Yul! You just screwed it! Great job, Babo!"
"Hey, Je-", he was going to explain himself.

"Let's go", he was cut off by Jessica while she started to walk away when she spotted Tiffany coming out from their class.

"Yah Yul! What did you do! Aish!", he mentally cursed himself while following them to the carpark.


~~~

"Jess, are you coming with us?", TIffany ask when they reached the carpark.

"Yeah, if you don't mind ,Taeyeon", she looked at the owner of the car, she doesn't want to be left alone with the guy who is a complete jerk. She can't believe he made fun of her, when she was actually concern and was serious about everything she said before, not to mention her image.
Sunny and Sooyoung have left since the bell rang while Hyo is having his dance practice, so it's basically only these people left.

"No, of course, but I thought you were going to go with Yul?", he said, given at the fact that the two was talking before, without knowing what was it about.

"No, I think he is bu-"

"Yes, she is coming with me", Yul lightly pull her closer to him, before she could finished her sentence.

"Wha-", she was going to complaint when she felt a light squeeze on her hand, so she decided to keep quiet.

"See! I knew it! You don't have to hide it Jessica, let's go Tiff!", he was happy that there will be no third wheel following him and Tiffany.

"So you are going  with Yul right, Jess?", Tiffany sense that there is something peculiar happening between the two.

"I-  Y-yeah", she was going to deny it, and she felt another light squeeze.

"You sure?"

"Hmm", she just nodded.

"Alright then, see you tomorrow Jess! Make sure you send her home safely, Yul!", she warned him before getting into the car.

"Yes, ma'am", Yul did a salute while smiling.

"See you guys tomorrow"



~~~

"So what do you want?", when she couldn't see the other car, she yanked his hand away and turned to face him.

"Look, I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to make fun of you, I said it without even realizing it", he started his apologize. Yeah, blame it on his easy-going personality.

"Alright, just pretend that talk never happened", she started to walk away after finishing her sentence.

"Hey Sica", he held her by her shoulder.

"Don't call me that", she glared at him and shoved his hand away.

"Okay, Jessica, let me send you home"

"No, I can go back by myself"

"No, I promise Tiffany I will send you home safely, so please", he is looking at her with pleading eyes.

. . .

"Fine!", in the end she gave in.

"Way to go Yul! Make sure you thank Tiffany for this"
"My car is over there", he pointed to the next row of cars.


As always, he opened the door for her before getting into the driver's seat. Not forgetting her favorite music, he changed the CD playing on the player.



~~~

"Hey, are you still mad at me?", they are now half way to her house and he try to break the silence. Of course he didn't get any reply, did he expect her to say 'yes' in this kind of situation?

"Erm... I went overseas these past few days"

"For what?"
"I didn't ask"

"I know, I just want to share, I was doing my family business over there", he continued.

"My parents think that I'm old enough to have some of the business signed under my name", still getting another silent treatment.

After that, it was the awkward silence again for the rest of the journey.


~~~

They almost reached their destination when Yul pulled over his car to the side of the road and stopped.

"Jess, come on, you said you forgive me, but your action speaks otherwise. I can't stand this silent treatment, I would rather have you yelling and scolding me than just keeping quiet", he said, after changing his position to face her.

". . ."

"Jessica..... Please..."


"WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO SAY?!" she snapped.

"DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS FOR ME TO SACRIFICE MY PRIDE? I PROMISED MYSELF BEFORE, TO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH ANY GUY ANYMORE!"

"I THOUGHT YOUR ABSENCE WAS BECAUSE OF ME, BECAUSE OF WHAT I SAID!"

"I WAS FEELING GUILTY OVER THESE FEW DAYS!"

"I WAS SCARED THAT YOU WILL LEAVE ME!"

"I THOUGHT YOU MIGHT BE DIFFERENT!"

"I don't even understand why I felt something was missing when you are not there", she broke down and cry, her tears started to form and flowing down her cheek.

"I -", Yul was taken aback, he didn't expect her to burst like that and he didn't know what to do. He pulled the girl beside him into a hug, she resisted, but he was too strong for her, in the end she just gives up.



"Stt... It's okay, I'm sorry alright? Please don't cry"

"I admit I was upset when you said that, but it also came to my realization that I was already falling for you, I swore to myself that I will do everything to make this feeling mutual", he said while still hugging her. He her hair and give a light pat on her back, he can feel his shirt is getting soaked by her tears, but he doesn't care anymore, he just want to calm her down, it hurts him to see her like this.


They stay in that position for a couple of minutes until she has finally calmed down, and they returned to their original position.

The rest of the remaining journey was covered with another silence, not an awkward one but a comfortable one with them having their own thought about the indirect confession that has just occurred.


~~~

They reached in front of Jessica's house.

"So, Do I get the permission to call you 'Sica' again?", he asked when he opened her door.

"Mmm", she gave him a light nod.

"Yay! See you tomorrow ,Sica! I'll fetch you, kay?", he is excited like a 3 year-old boy, who just got his new toy.

"Hm, see you, and thanks for the ride", she was still blushing when she quickly walked into the house.