Childhood Memories

One More Chance

ONE MORE CHANCE TRAILER

Warning: Some are spoilers:P Keke No actually, it's more like a prediction of what would happen later on:D Please scroll down for the chapter.

Credit: Trailer Bank

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Dara's POV



"I love you.."
 


Those words kept on repeating in my head. I can still remember every feeling I felt, every hope I had, everything that I gave up the first time he whispered those three special words in my ear.

 

But those words aren't the same anymore. My heart was filled with pain and it sliced straight through me, tearing my heart apart, breaking into million pieces.


I was struggling so hard to keep my tears silent. Those three words that were only for me were not mine anymore. 

 


"I love you...Yoona"

 


"We are here!" 

Siwon's voice snapped me out of my reverie. I quickly shook my head and looked out the window.  


"What are we doing here Siwon?" I asked while he was parking the car, a little smile crept across my mouth.


"Do you remember anything?" he said as he took off his seatbelt.


A soft chuckled escaped my lips, "Of ---", I quickly stopped when he suddenly leaned across my seat making his face really close against mine. My heart skipped a beat for a moment. I was caught off guard that I unconsciously close my eyes. 



"Of???" he asked as he angled his face to one side while staring at me. I can almost feel his warm breath on my face. 



"Oof - course. Ah-- I will never forget this place." I stuttered and swallowed hard, I peeked through my left eye and  saw him smiling as he leaned forward over my shoulder. I heard a click sound from my seat, the same time I felt the seat belt that wrapping my body loosened. 


"Oh... thanks."  I scratched the side of my head as I blushed. "No problem." he smiled at me as he leaned back.


What the hell am I thinking? Aish!
 

"So are you ready to play?" he playfully asked with a huge grin on his face.


I let out a soft chuckle, and nodded. I looked around the surrounding and the old memories started to float back.


"Why here?" I asked him while we were walking around the old elementary school we both went to.


"You mentioned yesterday you miss the old times." he replied back smiling without looking at me. "Look.. our playground is still there."
Siwon added while pointing at the swings we both used to play.



"Wow! I can't believe it still there. This is really like good old days!" I looked up at the sky and inhaled some fresh air. 
"Everything looks the same, feels the same, even smells the same." I added 


I directed my gaze at him when I noticed he was staring at me but he quickly averted his eyes. I smiled and looked down as we continued walking.


"Actually... I miss being a kid, being unworried. I miss those days when things were simpler. We could live without worrying the future. All we had to worry about was eating or playing. Ha ha... Who wants to worry anyway? 


But life must go on. Everyone deserves to move on." I said weakly.


"A Ha ha.." I awkwardly laughed as I stole a glance at him. 

"I don't know why am I talking so much these days. This is Yoona's fault. She is influencing me so badly.

Sorry if I'm boring you." I said and bit my lips.



"So do you want to experience being a kid again?" he asked while still looking down.



"Huh?"  I lifted my head and turned to him in wonder.


He glanced back at me and gave me a wicked smile. 
I was about to ask him what he meant by that when he suddenly grabbed my purse and playfully shook it in front of me.



"So what do you have in here Dara?" Siwon teasingly asked while purposely shaking my purse near his ear. I stepped towards him, dumbfounded.  "You wouldn't mind if I take a look inside your purse. Would you? I haven't really tried to look inside women's purse before except for my mom of course. Hmm.. I wonder if there is any strangely feminine.. 'You know' stuff in here." he teased and winked at me which made me annoyed and blushed at the same time.


"Yah Siwon! What are you doing?! Are you on crack?! Give it..give it back! Yah!" I chanted as I kept jumping up to take my purse back.

 

Why the heck am I always small?!
 

and what the heck has gotten into him anyway?! 



"What is wrong with you Siwon?! Are you trying to be cute ?! Well, this is not cute at all! Hey! Siwon! Where are you going?! Yah!" I shouted at the top of my lungs when he suddenly run away with my purse.


I ran after him but he kept running away from me. When I finally caught him, I asked him nicely to give my purse back but he just stuck his tongue out and threw my purse up away onto the roof.



"Oppsie. Sorry." he said with a smirk.


*GASP!!!!!


I furiously turned at him with my eyes and jaw wide open. 

"What...Why...You...", clearly, I'm not making any sense as incoherent words kept pouring out of my mouth. I was so upset and irritated.

I started nagging him non-stop when I got my senses back but what really annoyed me was he just kept smiling at me the whole time like nothing wrong happened. He must be really enjoying this. 
 


I quickly gave him a death glare that could definitely melt the North Pole, but he just chuckled at my annoyed face and pinched my right cheek.

"What's so funny huh? Do I have something on my face?!" I asked sarcastically and rolled my eyes.


"Nope... but you are funny," he responded, laughing a bit harder now. "You're so cute."


"YAH!" I suddenly remember how irritated I was whenever he teased and did something stupid like this when we were kids. Every time he would see me, he was always making fun of me. That was the mean and jerk young Siwon I know, and I will never forget that!


But what the heck is wrong with me? Why do I find it a little cute?! Ughh... He really looks like his brother especially when he was grinning like that. Ughhhhh! Stop! Why is he always in my mind?!


" I- I can't take this anymore!"
I quickly shook my head and covered my face behind my hands.


"Dara? Are you alright? Are you crying?" Siwon worriedly asked.


"What do you think?! *sobs* 
You think that was funny?! What will I do now? My phone is there. What if-- uhm.. my dad suddenly called me. Do you know how much I miss him already?!" I purposely whined louder.


"Ah-- I was just joking. I'm really sorry... Dara." Siwon's voice started to tremble like he was going to cry.
"I have a ladder right here. I'll get it for you so stop crying now. Okay?" he added


I bit my lips and deeply sighed, trying to control myself but I couldn't contain my laughter any longer. He totally thought I was crying. 


"GOTCHA! HA HA!" I was laughing so hard but he stopped me with his glare.


"Tsk! No you didn't. You were so obvious. 'You think it was funny?! *sobs*'" he retaliated, imitating my voice. 
"I know you were just pretending! You're not really a good actress btw." he added while smirking at me.


"Yah! You're voice was shaking a while ago. I thought you were going to cry. WAhaha! Cry-Baby!"


"No! I-GOT-YOU! HA! Did you see how great my acting was? I am such a best actor. Don't deny it!" he teased back 

I stuck my tongue out pretending to vomit, and we both bursted out laughing.



I quickly stopped laughing and turned to him furiously.
"Yah! If this is what you were talking about being a kid, I rather not to. Tsk. I really hate it when you were bullying me especially those times when you and Donghae were teaming up just to annoy me." I unconsciously smiled but I quickly bit my lips after realizing what I had said.


"Ahm.. Why don't we get my purse now?" I quickly added to change the topic as I avoided his gaze.


He placed the ladder up against the wall and strode towards me. "Here you go my lady." he bowed down while offering his hand. I can't help but to laugh at his gesture but...


"Wait a second.. Me? Would climb up there? No way! You were the one who threw my purse. You should be the one to get it! and besides--"

 

Oh damn it. Is he blind or what. Ughhh..


"And besides what? or maybe... you're still afraid of heights? Ha ha. You are such a baby Dara." he rolled his eyes while smirking at me.


"Yah! I'm not scared! Tsk! It is just a single bungalow and the roof looks flat. Why would I be scared?! It's just... that... Ughhhh! I'm wearing a skirt! you ! Are you blind?!" I irritably yelled, while blushing.




"Ow... that's it? Don't worry I won't look." he said, concealing his grin on his face as he covered his eyes with his hand.




"But--" I hesitated but he quickly cut me of.



"I Promise I won't look. PINKY SWEAR!" He smiled and assured me with his pinky finger hooked in the air. I chuckled at his cuteness as my childhood memory came to my mind...


I was twelve when I went with Lee Family in their vacation in Busan. My mom and dad allowed me to come with them since they were busy with their jobs all the time. In fact, I mainly spent all my childhood time with Lee's. They really treated me like their own family.


It was when we decided to play hide-and -seek in the park when I got lost. It was Siwon's fault since he told me Donghae was hiding in the forest near the park. Well, it was also my mistake to trust him even I knew from the start that he didn't like me. 

I wandered around in the forest in total darkness, completely lost. I was crying while screaming out for help. Then a bright light with shadows of people suddenly appeared in front of me. I looked at them and quickly saw Donghae. I smiled at him and was about to hug him when he yelled at me telling me I was really stupid. I cried all night because of him but Siwon out of the blue comforted me. He apologized and thanked me for not telling his mom and hyung of what he did. I was surprised to hear those words from him. He promised me he would never make fun of me anymore and that really made my night.



"Really?! Pinky swear?" I stuck my tiny pinky out at air, and waited for his reply.


"Tsk. Do I really need to do that?" he shyly asked while scratching the back of  his head. I nodded with my serious expression.
"If you break the promise, you'll have to swallow a thousand needles." I added, "You are such a girl." he complained. I was about to retort when he curled back my pinky, "Fine! I promise." he said while blushing.

End of flashback


But before I could respond,
he smirked and looked at me from head to toe. "Wait, Why are you wearing skirt btw?"


Yah! This guy. I know he would ask that since he never saw me wear a skirt before. Why am I wearing skirt anyway?! 

Why?! 

Am I not allowed to wear skirt now?! Yoona told me this looks good on me. Besides, I AM a girl. I have a RIGHT to wear a skirt if I want.



"Hmm.. it really looks y on you though. You should wear skirts more often." Siwon added and winked at me.

 

I think I just got redder.

I gulped as his words slowly sank into my brain, making my heart pound rapidly.

Did he just say I'm y? Kyaaaa! Nobody told me that. Tsk! Even that fish never said I was y. I remember when I showed him the swim suit I was supposed to wear in our college field trip. Instead of admiring it, he mocked at me and told me I was fat, and I should never wear bikini in public or else everyone would laugh at me. Aish! That Fishboy.



"Are you imagining something?" Siwon's mischievous voice snapped me out .



"S-so what if am i wearing skirt?!"  I stuttered, shifting nervously as I pulled down the hem of my skirt.
"Ughhh!!! Please bring back the mature Siwon now! Hmp!" I growled out as I glared at the immature guy in front of me.



"Hold that tightly and don't ever look up! If you do, I won't ever talk to you anymore!" I warned him
"Tsk! So much for a gentleman! Grrr!" I muttered through gritted teeth.


I quickly climbed up the ladder while reminding him not to look up, every second.
He told me to be careful because the ladder is rusty, and that I could easily cut my legs on it. He also warned me about painful injections I would get if that happened. 


Ugh! This guy is really getting on my nerve. 


When I reached the roof, my eyes went wide with surprise. There was a blue picnic rug on the roof and even a basket filled of food.



I glanced down at Siwon who was still smiling down the ground while holding the ladder.


"What is this?" I asked, dumbfounded.


"Well... I'm hungry from running around. Aren't you?" he grinned, I rolled my eyes and chuckled, "and ... besides I heard girls like picnics." he shyly added. He looked up with his right hand still covering his eyes and smiled at me. I can't help not to laugh at his childish gestures, "You are getting cheesy all of a sudden."

"Well, can I look up now?"
"Wait!" I shouted and he laughed out loud.


We sat down at the blanket while enjoying the foods he prepared.
We'd been swapping stories of some of our favorite childhood memories. Well, it's more like bringing up each other's childhood embarrassing moments actually.

He was teasing me non-stop and it really annoyed me. I pleaded him to go back to normal but he just dared me instead. 


"No way! That's only for kids." I retorted

"Then lets change the rule then. Oh come on scary cat... You're just scared to lose. What a baby." he teased again, "If you win, I promise I will stop teasing you and I will do whatever you tell me."



I bit my lips trying not to bite his bait but Ughhh! I stared at him and lifted my chin up and I arched my brow. "You mean will do anything I tell you even if I say get in front of people?" I challenged him. 


"Sure. But if you lose.. You will have to do my dare. Pinky swear?" He smirked

"No! You-will-lose. Pinky swear!" I said proudly with my mischievous grinned.



My gazed then landed at university behind the elementary school. 

Siwon followed my gazed and smiled at me, "I wonder what's going on there. There seems to be a lot of people in there today. Do you want to stop by at your old alma mater?" he asked.


I just smiled back and shook my head.
I want to go there but I will just remember him. It will not help me at all. Sighed.


I snapped out of my thoughts when
I heard the rip sound of a zipper. My eyes went wide and without thinking, I jumped onto him while he was intentionally playing the zipper of my purse.  

BUT UGHHH! My clumsiness cause the entire contents to spilled out.

I frowned at him and gave a glare that I think could actually kill. 



"Well... You did that. Its not my fault." Siwon just shrugged sadly, hiding his smirk.


I just sputtered curses while I stuffed my things as fast as I could into my purse.
He bent down and helped me to pick up my things but I totally ignored him.



"Yah.. Dara.. Don't get mad at me. I was really about to give it back to you but you--." he nudge my shoulder and I gave him a death glare in return. 


"Hey...Don't be like that. Fine. I'm sorry it was  all my fault.  Happy now?" Siwon pleaded with his puppy eyes. 


Ughhhh! This guy is really testing my patience.


I turned to him and was about to burst out my anger when I saw him holding something in his both hands and scrutinizing them closely.


"A..ce..ta..zola..mide. Zea..sa-xanthin? What are these for Dara?" his expression suddenly turned serious.


My eyes grew wide and my body started to get numb when I heard him reading the label of my medications.
I quickly grabbed the containers and put it quickly into my purse.


"I-its nothing. It's a umm.. diet pills." I stuttered.


"Diet pills?" he asked slowly. I don't think you really need that. Besides, you're already skinny."


"Why?! Are you a doctor now?!" I snarled at him.


"Fine. But why are you taking such large dosages of vitamin A? You know its really bad for your liver." he added and that really made me burst out.


"You! Nosy LEE SIWON! You really did dig my bag, Didn't you?!" I bursted angrily.
I suddenly stopped when we heard a group of people talking and laughing with each other.


"Ughhhh! That kid! He told me he has class today! He fcking lied again! Grrrr!



"Weird. I thought there is no classes today. Do you want me to shoo them away?" he playfully asked.


"Tsk! Dont talk to me. I'm still mad at you. Besides you have no rights to do that. This is a PUBLIC school FYI." I said and rolled my eyes.


"Yes, I do have rights. I rented the whole place for you." he said while smiling.
"Are you still mad at me?"


"You what?!" 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Dara's POV



Siwon and I were on the roof arguing about something when we heard a group of people talking and laughing with each other.



"Ughhhh! That kid! He told me he has class today. He fcking lied again. Grrrr!" a voice of a female growled.



"Hon... You're mouth." a deep sound voice of a guy butted in.


"Keke.. Don't be mad. You hasn't changed at all huh? I'm sure your brother must have gotten that from you." another voice of a guy teases


"You! You're the one who hasn't changed at all! Ughh! Why did you agree to marry this bastard anyway?! Did he scare you?! Tell me. Don't worry, I'll beat him up for you!" the girl voice jokingly shouted and another girl laughed.


"Come on dude. Don't annoy my wife anymore. It will be bad for our baby." a guy with a  deep sound voice added.
 


"Me? The Mighty Park Bom will be what?! Annoyed? Tsk! No way! Nobody could ever annoy me even you Choi-Seunghyun!" 


My heart suddenly dropped and my eyes went wide as my brain registered what I just heard. I bit my lips, but I really can't contain my excitement. I quickly run towards the edge of the roof and shouted their name.


"Paaaaaaaaaark Bom?! TOPppppppp?!" I shouted so loud while smiling from ear to ear. My hands were both in the air, waving at them like a crazy monkey.


Their eyes went wide upon seeing me.  I was really excited to see them again that I didn't even notice...


OH SHOOT! I was suddenly frozen when my eyes landed at the two familiar figures behind them. My face quickly turned red from embarrassment. 

I quickly hid my face behind my hands.


"Opppss Sorry. Wrong number. Bye!" I awkwardly said, pretending I didn't notice them. I was about to turned when...


"Dara? What are you doing there? Omo! Be careful! You might fall." Yoona worriedly said.


"Dara?! As in Sandara Park?!" Bom eyes went wider and narrowed at me. 


I swallowed hard as I slowly faced them. I stole a glanced at Donghae, who was staring intensely at me. 


Waaaah! Otoke! This is so embarrassing!
Kill me now please. I tried my best to smile at them. "Oh... Yoona! Donghae... You're here. Yehey." 

Ughhh kill me!
Now what? What will I say to Yoona? How will I explain all of these? Donghae? Right!
I looked again at Donghae but he quickly averted his eyes.



"You Sandara Park! Go down here now! We need to talk!" Bom firmly said and crossed her arms but she couldn't hide her smile.


"Is that really you Dara?! Waah! I miss you a lot!" Top shouted and waved at me like a kid which made my worries go away for a bit.


"I didn't know you guys know each other." Yoona's face had a look of shock and confusion was painted all over her face.


"So you mean you guys know each other too?" Bom asked Yoona incredulously. 



Oh-uh. I'm dead.



"Hi everyone! Long time no see." Siwon suddenly popped out, lifting  his arm and draped it over my shoulder.


I'm really dead!


"Siwon? What's going on?" Top eyes grew larger.


"Ow--kay. What were you two doing there?" Bom said, narrowing her eyes at me even more. 


"Siwon?! I knew it!


Well..You see Siwon and Dara are really dating." Yoona butted in, teasing us while Donghae gave us an intense glare.



Am I in hell now?



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dara's POV

"Come on Dara! What are you waiting for? Christmas?! Get down now!" Bom shouted impatiently.



I can't help but to gulp as I looked down at them. Otoke...? What should I do? They are all looking at me. How can I get down?! This is really embarrassing. I said to myself while pulling down the hem of my skirt.


"Well, She's wearing skirt Bom. That's why." Siwon said and smiled at me, "I'm just trying to help." he whispered


I blushed slightly, before retorting, "Shh! You! Don't say that so loud!
Aish!" I yelled.


"You're wearing skirt? Then, how did you manage to get there with Siwon?" Bom glanced at me and Siwon suspiciously. She audibly sighed and told the guys behind her to look at the big tree opposite to the our direction.


"Be careful climbing down Dara. " Yoona added


"Thanks Yoona."

I clenched my eyes for a moment and 
took a deep breath. I started to climb down the ladder as quickly as possible but I accidentally missed a foot hole, which had caused my foot to slip and I started to fall backwards. 


The next thing I knew I landed in someone's arms, I opened my eyes, and was met with a blue, cotton t-shirt with a familiar scent. As my gaze trailed up, I was horrified to find Donghae's panic-stricken face staring down at me. His brown eyes were wide open  in shock, his chest rising and falling rapidly, and he appeared to be trembling.


My heart began to pound faster, I gasped for air, and the world began to spin around but just before anybody could react, he quickly put me down. We awkwardly looked at each other and quickly averted our gaze.



"Dara, are you hurt?" Siwon quickly climbed down and patted my clothes, seeming to check for injuries.
I shook my head and gave him a smile to assure him I'm fine.


"Omo! Are you alright Dara?" Bom, Top and Yoona said in unison.



"Thank goodness hon. You caught Dara in time." Yoona deeply sighed in relief and smiled at me and Donghae.



"Don't worry guys I'm fine. Sorry for worrying you all." I bowed my head and bit my lips hard, embarrassed by my clumsiness.



Bom suddenly narrowed her eyes at Donghae but he was intently avoiding her gaze.


"That was really awesome Donghae. You really have a good reflex. I can't believe you caught her just RIGHT in time. How did you do that? You must be a super man.

Right Dara? or Must be faith?" She mumbled and chuckled, and I glared at her in return.

"What? Why don't you say thank you to your savior instead." Bom elbowed me when she noticed my furious glared at her.


I bit my lips as I awkwardly inclined my head in Donghae's direction.
"Thank you Donghae."  I said nervously, and a red blush quickly formed across my face.


"No problem." he softly said.


Bom's gaze, on the other hand, danced repeatedly from me to Donghae, and I could see she was trying to come up with something to say, for sure I don't want hear. 


After a minute passed, filled with aggravating awkwardness and silence, Bom turned to me with a glare.


"It has been a long time huh? Dara."


"I know!" We purposely shook each other as we chatter excitedly, giggling like little girls and jumping around like crazy.



"Guess what?!" Bom asked yelling over our shrieks. "I'm pregnant!"
"I heard! KYAA! Top?" "Yeah!" "I knew it!" "KYAA!" once again we started jumping around, giggling and screaming like weirdos. 


"Girls." Top just grinned and shrugged his shoulders while looking at us.



"How about you?!", "Me?", "Brothers huh?! KYAH!", "Bom!", "Fine! How about Minho?! KYAAH!", "What about him?!" "He is coming at the alumni party!" Bom intently shouted and directed her glare to Donghae. I stopped jumping and whacked her head playfully.


"YAH! That hurts! Why did you do that for?! Tsk! You are you going to alumni party. Right?!" Bom excitedly asked with her eyes wide open.


Yoona cleared and finally managed to ask how did Bom, Top, and I met. I felt really guilty as I could see the confusion on her face as she was trying to figure out what was happening.


Bom snapped back and looked at Yoona directly. She started to grin evilly like she was planning to say something I don't want to hear. 



Omo! What are you doing Bom?!
I nudged her discreetly sending secret signals for her to stop. I quickly looked at Donghae for help but he was avoiding my gaze.

 



"Well... You see.. Dara..." Bom started, showing an evil smirk on her face.



To Be Continued>>>


___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N
I know this took so long. Sorry for the long crappy chapter. BTW, have you guys heard about the GS&concert on October 21st? 
2NE1, Super Junior, and Ssnd are performing! Kyaaah! I hope to see more DaraHae interactions! 
That's it for now. Till next time!
Commenting, Suggesting, and Subscribing are really appreciated<3
Sorry for all the errors.

Ps. Thank you eunhaecupcake for the wonderful poster. <3

Cheers!