Cry Me A River

One More Chance

 

Dara's POV
 


"Ughhh... Is it morning already?" I woke up as the rays of sun beamed into my face. 

I deeply sighed and buried my face on the pillow I was hugging all night.

I never really had a good sleep ever since I came back here. 


I rubbed my eyes as I got up while thinking about that vague but beautiful dream I had last night. I quickly covered my mouth when I realized it was all real.


"Oh, no.. So did that really happen?" I quickly lay down again on my bed with my face-down as recollection of that bathroom scene came crashing to my consciousness.


"Fishboy..."


I know you can do this. He suddenly looks at my eyes with his tantalizing eyes.

You told me before you are brave right? Then show it to me. He said while smiling.


Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

 


"Stop!" I shouted to myself as I shook my head

 Aish! I'm really going crazy!

This will not help us at all. Forget and move on but gahhhh...



"I really miss him." I couldn't help not to blush while thinking about what happened last night.



I decided to go downstairs and help Yuri and Yoona to prepare breakfast, and also to keep myself from thinking about him but faith must be really teasing me.


I found Donghae alone in the kitchen. I wanted to go back but he already saw me.
We awkwardly look at each other as I walked by.

"Ahm.. Good morning." I awkwardly said. He looked at me for a bit and nodded his head in response and continued what he was doing.

"Where is Yuri?" I asked to brake the silence.

"She went out early in the morning." he replied back


"Ah..."

(silence)

"Umm.. Where is Yoona?" I asked again as I awkwardly walked towards the closet near him to get a cup.

"Upstairs." he quickly replied



"Ah..." I said as I took a cup in the cabinet. I wasn't able to stop myself from noticing his poor chopping skill.I looked at what he was cooking and tried myself not to laugh. He started to turn to me but I quickly avoided his gaze.

"Umm.. Wa-what are you cooking? Do you need any help?" I stuttered


He probably heard my chuckle so he intently cut the onion faster with his annoyed expression.



"Ouch!" he grimaced of pain when he accidentally cut his finger.

"Are you okay? Oh Gad it's bleeding! Aish.. You're not being careful!" I shouted as I panic while I unconsciously held his hand but he quickly slapped it away.


"This is none of your business." he said flatly while he opened the faucet to wash the blood on his injured finger. He then continue chopping afterwards.



"But you're hurt! Ah.. Don't worry about that. I'll do that later. I'll just ahm... get the emergency kit."
I was about to leave when he quickly grabbed my arm.



"Why are you so annoying?!" he said as he audibly stabbed the knife on the board.

Donghae frowned and looked at me with his angry eyes, " Are you deaf?! How many times should I tell you this is none of your business?!" he shouted
 

Tears started forming in the corner of my eyes but I try to hold it all in.
It totally pains me to see him like this. My caring fishboy, my prince charming is gone.


"I'm just worr-" I quickly stopped and swallowed hard when he took a step towards me. I quickly took a step back in fright.



"What's wrong?", he said while his eyes was fixed on me. His face suddenly leaned down closer to mine.

"Did I startle you?," he whispered in my ear as his breath sending chills down my spine.

I blushed intensely making my heart pound really fast.


"Was it because of what happened last night?," he whispered again and suddenly smirked at me

 

My mind couldn't function well as I was frozen on my spot while looking at his eyes.

 

"Tsk... You are so easy." he coldly said, making my chest constrict in an unexplainable pain.

He release my arm and rolled his eyes as he walked away with a smirk in his face.

 

I suddenly felt something stinging my heart. Tears are now clouding my eyes, and Donghae's word kept on repeating in my mind.


Dara is just a past. She is nothing to me now. I don't even feel anything about her except for anger and disgust.
Yoona is the one I am going to marry. Yoona is the one that I love. 

You are so easy.


I knew it. That beautiful dream turned out to be a nightmare. I should have known better.


"Okay. I need to stop." I said to myself while controlling my tears not to fall down. "Why am I always being dramatic? Don't cry, please. No more. This is better Dara. Now you know you're already awake."



"Why do you sleep walk sometimes?"
I startled when I heard a voice behind my back. I quickly wipe my eyes then I turned around, and saw Siwon smiling at me.



"Tsk.. Don't tell me you're eavesdropping?" I tried to smile to hide the pain.

"I can't help it. You're too loud." he teases, "What are you doing anyway? Do you want me to help you?" Siwon quickly changed the topic when he saw my fake smile.


I unconsciously grinned at this guy. He must be some kind of ninja. He just always pop out whenever I'm in this kind of miserable state.

"Why can you cook?" I teases back

 


"Ahmm...

No. Not really", he said after pretending to think for seconds. "But I'm willing to do anything just to see you smile." Siwon said and smiled at me



"Ahmm.. Nice punchline but no thanks. I chuckled, Thank you Siwon."

"Thank you for what?" Siwon asked

 

"I don't know. For always making me laugh I guess."


"Do I look like a clown now?" he pouted while pointing at his handsome face



"Yeah.. A little bit." I teasingly gestured my pinky.



"Yah! Sandara Park!" he shouted with his annoyed expression and we both bursted out laughing.

"Then I guess you owe me one then? Get ready after lunch later." he quickly said while smiling at me. 



"Huh?" My eyes widened and I felt a little taken off guard.


"I said, get ready after lunch. We will go somewhere." he repeated then winked at me. "I can't wait to see you after lunch." he said, smiling.



"B-but wait! Where are we going?" 



"Secret. You'll know later! " He waved his hand above his head as he walked towards the door but he suddenly stopped after a few step. He slowly turned back and looked at me with a serious expression. "Dara..."

"Huh?"

He shook his head before he continues, "Just don't forget my shoulder is always here whenever you need it." Siwon gave me a sweet and comforting smile before he left. I quickly looked down, struck at his word. I felt my heart suddenly constrict with a pain I couldn't explain.


"Thanks Siwon." I mumbled. "But I deserve all of this." I quickly looked down as my tears started to fall.


___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Dara's POV


I decided to go upstairs after cooking to get ready for Siwon's secret. Hmmm... I wonder where are we going.

I tried my best to divert my mind towards positive things but the pain in my heart just couldn't lie.


"Wow! What are these? What's up with all this papers?" I said to myself when I saw the messy floor with a bunch of papers when I got upstairs. I traced where it comes from and found myself outside Donghae and Yoona's room.


I took a peek from the door and saw Yoona swimming from all the papers in her closet. I looked around first to make sure Donghae was not there.


"Are you okay Yoona?"
I can't help but to notice her irritated expression while browsing all the papers in her closet.


"Ughhh Otoke..?! I can't find Donghae's birth certificate Dara. He just got it from the census last week.

It's weird that we couldn't find it anymore. We're already late for our appointment." she nervously said


"Oh..! Are you busy? Why don't you help me Dara? I know you wouldn't mind since you always tell me before that 'two heads are better than one'. Right?" Yoona chuckles



"Tsk..O-of course Yoona", I replied back, "But where did you guys see it last?


"I can't really remember. I think I put it on our desk but Donghae told me he didn't see it at all.

I looked for it all over the room and I couldn't find it anymore." Yoona said while busily browsing at the other papers



"Ah okay..." I said as I slowly walked into their room.
 

I don't know why but every step I take makes my heart pounds harder.


"This room..." I said to myself as I looked around. Without meaning to, a smile crept on my lips.

I suddenly remember a familiar feelings, sights and smells of the past. Though this room seems very different from before.
I guess he renovated it but all his pictures are still up here except for our pictures of course.



"Come in Dara. Don't be shy please. Sorry it's really messy. Well, You know me. haha.

Oh.. can you close the door first? I'll just turn on the AC.

It's really hot in here. I don't want you to complain to Siwon later." Yoona teases



"Tsk.. Sure. It's fine Yoona. Thanks." I said while I close the door, "This room is really big and it looks very comfy." I added as I looked around, hoping to find some of our memories from the past but I guess he threw all those already.

 

My eyes suddenly fixed on their pictures smiling and hugging each other, and some with Minzy and Seungri.

"They look so happy. What a perfect couples." I said to myself and looked down.



"Aish! Where the hell is that certificate! It's already 11! I guess we'll just have to submit it some other time.

Ughhhh! and this room is now a mess!" Yoona quickly stood up and dived on their bed.



"What's new about that Yoona? You're always messy even before." I . I chuckled when I saw her sleepy eyes.

"Hey! Wake up alligator! I thought your appointment is 11. You guys should go now. Don't worry about your mess. I'll clean this up while looking for his birth certificate. Happy?" I teasingly said while looking at Yoona's tired expression


"Really?!" Her energy quickly came back as she sat down on the bed while looking at me.
"You'll do it for me Dara?"

 

I smile at her in response.

 

"I love you best friend! You are the best! Don't worry I'll buy you your favorite chocolate later." she cheerfully said



"You don't have to Yoona, but if you insist, I want ferrero rocher and kisses. 10 box!" 



"Yah! I knew it! You just want something from me Dara." Yoona pouted and we both laughed.



"I'll see you later then! Oops! I almost forgot.. Enjoy your 2nd date! Fighthing!" Yoona teased back while she got her purse and quickly close the door.
 


"Hey yah! Yoona! How do you-- Who said it's a date?!" Haha.. That girl. She is so persistent. I just shook my head and shrugged it off.



I looked around and released a deep sighed. I then bent down and picked up all the papers on the floor.

 

I wonder where his birth certificate is. I started to look at his desk and found myself smiling when I found some of his pictures when he was a kid. I stared at it for a while as I caress his face on the picture.  Young Donghae. My best friend. 

 

I quickly shook my head and continued searching to their closets but find nothing. I guess she will not put it in here.

I opened the first drawer of the last closet I saw, and find myself blushing while staring at his folded shirts. 

This must be his closet. I unconsciously brushed my nose against them while enjoying their scents. 

Gahhhh! I really miss his smell.

 

"Ughhh.. What am I doing?" I slightly slapped myself and quickly closed the drawer.


I suddenly cupped my face as I bursted out laughing from embarrassment and giddiness when I saw something on the second drawer. I quickly picked it up with my hands holding each side while giggling like crazy.
 


"It can't be....."



Flashback

"Merry Christmas!", Yuri shouted after she sipped her wine.
Come on! What are we waiting for? Let's exchange gifts now! 

Too bad, Siwon is not here. That kid. He must be with his girlfriends. *Hick* He should've prioritize his family first. Aish!
Why don't we start from my Donghae first. Here you go from your beautiful mommy."

 


Everyone laughed while Donghae blushes,
"Mom.. I think you're drunk now." Donghae replied

"Coughmamasboycough!" Seungri teased while Minzy just laughed.
Open! Open!" they chanted while Donghae quickly unwrapped Yuri's gift.

"Wow! What's that? A ?" Seungri asked when he noticed its shape, Minzy quickly slapped his boyfriend's arm.

"No! It's a bat! A convertible one. You Seungri has a dirty mind. Of course Donghae won't use those things to her precious Dara." Yuri teased


"Mom!" Donghae blushes

"Haha..Next! I want to see Dara unnie's gift!" Minzy shouted
"Right babe! Dara's gift never disappoints to surprise us when it comes to this fish!" Seungri teases

"Ahm...This is nothing. I promise .Don't open it yet." Dara blushingly said while she handed her gift to Donghae

"No!Its unfair. You should open it! Open! Open!" Seungri and Minzy insisted

"You panda! Shut your mouth! No Minzy..!" Dara said nervously


"I can't do anything rabbit. They like me to open this." Donghae said while grinning.

He suddenly blushes real hard when he saw what was inside. Everyone was laughing and teasing us.



"I told you to not open it. That's what you get." I shot back to him



Seungri quickly grabbed it and playfully put it on Donghae's head covering half of his face.


"Wooah..! y fishy! Try..it.. on!" He teased in a singing way


"A pink brief really?" Donghae blushingly looked at me in his annoyed expression while his pink brief was still on his face.

 


I can't help not to laugh at his reaction.



"I asked you what you want and you told me you like 'crotchless pink underwear'. Next time be more specific!" I playfully winked at him.


"You have to wear it later fishboy!" I added and we all burst into laughters.


End of Flashback-



"NO WAY! It can't be. This was... WAAAH!!! I can't believe he still keeping this." I said to myself while poking my finger on the crotchless underwear while giggling like crazy.
"Wait..What am I doing again? Aish ert!" I said to myself but I can't control the giddiness all over myself.


"Hon? Are you still there? Let's go now. We are already late." Donghae suddenly knocked on the door.

My heart suddenly beats up faster and my body started to tremble. I quickly put his brief back on his closet and started to panic.


"Otoke... What should I do?! I'm sure he will ask what am I doing here. Wait.. I'm not doing anything bad anyway. Why am I scared? B-but what should I say?
I suddenly remember what happened this morning. I'm sure he would definitely think I'm really easy.

 


Aigooo.. What to do? I should hide. Right! I hurriedly ran inside the bathroom and remembered what happened last night. "Not again!" Ughhh..
 


I quickly went back to the bedroom to hide under the bed but he suddenly opened the door.
 


My mind was occupied of many bad thoughts that he could possibly say.
I don't know what to do. My heart is pounding like crazy.



I unconsciously wrapped myself with the blanket and quickly leaped over their bed, hoping he wouldn't notice someone is lying on the bed. "Omo.. What am I doing? Stupid me!" I said to myself while keeping my finger crossed


"Hon? Why are you still on bed?"



Oh Gad!
 


"Come on sleepy head. We are late already." Donghae said as soon as he entered the room.

 

"Hey hon? Yoona?" he added when I didn't respond.



Otoke..?! What should I do? Why didn't I just hide in the bathroom? Ughhh.. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.
This is really bad.
I don't know what to do. Wait! How about imitating Yoona's voice? But I'm sure he will quickly distinguish my voice but what should I do?!



"Hon? Are you okay? Is there something wrong?" he worriedly asked

I heard his footsteps coming closer to the bed. My body started to shake like crazy.

This is really not good. I could already picture what he would say if he found out that I'm here in their room and worse, I'm lying on their bed.

I don't know what the hell am I thinking but I suddenly made a gibberish sounds that for me means 'I'm coming' or Yoona is coming. Oh sweet Lord please.. I hope he would at least get the point of my stupidity. Go away fishboy!



"What?, he chuckled. Are you okay hon? Stop playing around. We are already late." he said while he climbed up on the bed.


I have no choice. I was about to imitate Yoona's voice for my last resort when he suddenly hugged me or I would say Yoona, but me pretending Yoona. Ughhh.. Whatever! Omo.. What should I do? My heart is literally pounding harder and louder that I could actually hear it.

He hugged me tighter like he usually does in my memories. My heart constricts when I remember this kind of feeling that makes me feel safe, warm, and loved.

I quickly closed my eyes when I feel my tears were about to fall.

This is just like before. My fishboy and I on one bed, hugging each other till morning. Maybe... t
hat was just a dream after all, and I just woke up from my worst nightmare. I thought I will never have him...


....but"



"Yoona..." he softly called her.




Of course. This hug is not real. This is not for me. I bit my lips to control my tears from falling down.


"I miss you." he hoarsely whispered while his hug become tighter and tighter. My mind and heart were really confused.

He then leaned down and slowly traced my face and jawline over the blanket.



I knew I was already dead but my damn heart still beat like a freaking drum and was about to explode. My body felt hot despite of the AC. Not only because I'm completely covered with the blanket but also, (kyaaaaaaaah!) he was still hugging me. I mean the fake Yoona which is me. Ughhh...
I tightened the grip on the blanket to make sure he couldn't take it off.



"I miss you so much." he softly said while he gently brushed his nose against the blanket. I felt a tingling sensation when his hand reached my lips despite of the thick blanket separating us. My eyes snapped open in surprise when I suddenly felt his lips pressed against mine. Time literally stopped in my head.


Damn it. I definitely lose my mind. I couldn't control my tears anymore. The moment I felt his lips against mine regardless of the blanket separating us made my tears escaped from the side of my eyes. My chest constrict in an unexplainable pain.

I can picture in my head his soft lips touching mine. I want to get out of this freaking blanket and devour his lips like there's no tomorrow but I can't, I should not, because all of these, his hug and his kiss are not for me. He is not mine anymore.
 


"I'll wait for you downstairs. Hurry up okay?" he huskily said


"I love you... he sweetly whispered before
he release me from his tight hug. He then suddenly sat up on the bed and continued,

Yoona" he added before he got down from the bed.


This is too much. I can't breath anymore. My heart is suffocating real bad. The pain is really unbearable. 

My tears are flowing like a river. 

 

 

I came back to my senses when I heard his footsteps as he walked towards the door.

He already left but I am still stuck on this bed. I feel like my body suddenly became weaker to even move.


"This is just too painful."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 



Donghae closed the door and leaned his back against the wall while staring blankly into space.


"Hon? Hey! Hon!" Yoona have been calling him many times before he got back to his senses.
"Are you okay, hon?" Yoona worriedly asked as she walked up towards him.

"I'm fine. I'm just thinking about something. Let's go?" Donghae replied back and smiled at her.



Yoona smiled back and rounded her hands on his neck. "I've been waiting for you in the car. What took you so long? Did Dara find it?"
 


Donghae just smiled and shook his head in response.
 


To be continued>>>>>

______________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry if this crappy chappie took so long.  I will be very busy from this day onwards but I'll try my best to update as possible. Sorry for all the errors.

Thank you for all the comments;D

Please subscribe and leave comments.  

Till next time <3