Chapter 26 - Truth or Dare

One More Chance

Chapter 26

 

 

“Yah! I told you I’m not the little Dara you knew before. You cannot bully me anymore. I am a strong independent woman. I don’t need anyone to protect myself! Copy that?! *Hic*”

 

 

“Yes, Boss!”Siwon said, saluting Dara but laughed at her afterwards. “You’re so drunk!”

 

 

“No, I’m not drunk. You are drunk! You don’t mess with a drunkard’s daughter, you know! You never learn!” Dara teases, laughing with an obvious pain written in her eyes.

 

 

“You really have been through a lot, huh?” Siwon said, staring at Dara. She could feel his concern emanating from him.

 

“Come on now. Don’tttt be so dramatic! Of course you know that already.” Dara said, slurring before softly hitting his shoulder. “What else you didn’t find out about me from your ‘intensive’ research? Tell me, I'll tell you myself.” She added quoting the word intensive.

 

 

“Tsk! I already know eeeeveryyything about you.” Siwon said whispering at her ear and then bursted out laughing.

 

 

“Tsk! I figured that out. I’m not that stupid. I’m sure you’re the one who showed him the picture of me and Minho in NY.” She said while pointing his index finger at his face. Siwon squinted his eyes, close his left eye while looking at Dara pointing at him. She let out a sigh before she slowly rested her head on Siwon’s shoulder. “I’m sure he was pissed. How was he when I left?” she asked in a weak voice. 

 

“Miserable. He almost died. He went to a rehab and cannot walk for years. How you feel about that? ha ha" Siwon said with a fake laugh. He then smiled with his legs playing with the pool water.

 

“Pabo. He’s so stupid.” She replied with a fake smile. She bit her lower lip before she continues, “Thank God, Yoona was there.” She said to Siwon with a sad smile.

 

 

“Yeah. Thank God she was there.” he replied with a weak voice.

 

 

“How about you, Siwon? How did you meet Yoona?” Dara asked curiously.

 

 

“I saw her...first.” Siwon replied. “I saw her here in Jeju island inside a bar while I was baby seating Hyung. I didn’t know she would be his fiancé.” he said with a sarcastic tone in his voice.

 

“Hmm.. and... ?” Dara asked with a drunk voice

 

 

“And...thats it.” Siwon said and laughed.

 

 

“Listen... I have a question.” Dara said. She looked up at the sky before she looked at him. Then she continues, “Can a person really sacrifice everything for love? Even if it means letting them go forever?”

 

“What? Ha ha.. you’re really drunk.” Siwon laughed. 

 

“I’m serious! Would you do that?” Dara playfully insisted.

 

“Hmm...Yeah, of course. I would do anything to make her happy...even if it means...losing her for the person she truly loves.” Siwon said in a weak voice before he changed the topic, “Ugh! I need more drink!” he said while stretching up his both arms. He leaned back with his hands to the ground, his legs were swaying up and down the pool, playing with the water.

Dara smiled and pinched his cheeks tightly. “You’re so cute! Wait, I have an idea...” She said before she pushed Siwon to the water.

 

 “I think you need that because you’re already drunk! Later!” She said laughing before she ran back inside. 

 

 

“Yah! Ugh it’s cold!” Siwon shouted while he’s in the pool.

 

 

 

Dara struggles hard to walk back, swaying side by side because of the liquor she consumed. It’s been a while since had a liquor in her body. She opened the bathroom to pee when she saw Donghae inside. He just finished zipping up his pants.

 

“You?! Again? Do you ever know how to lock the door?” Dara asked while swaying from left to right. She continued walking until she reached the toilet bowl where she peed loudly. “Ahhh.. That feels great.”

 

“What?!” She said when she saw Donghae quietly looking at her. “Is this the first time you see a girl peeing?!”

She said after she pulled her pants up.

 

 

“Excuse me! I need to wash my hand.” She pushed him away the sink to wash her hands. Donghae just stood there and quietly observing her.

 

“Chincha?! What are you looking at?! Why aren’t you speaking? Are you mute now?! Tsk! Do you think I even care...?! Stupid fish!” Dara said in annoyance while looking at him in the mirror.

 

 

The door in the bathroom suddenly opened up and Yoona saw them both inside. “What are you two doing here?” She asked, her eyes looks so sleepy and unfocused.

 

 

“I peed.” Dara said laughing. “Oh? You peed with my hon in here? Are you drunk, Dara?” Yoona asked pouting.

“No, I’m not...and I don’t know why he’s here.” Dara replied. 

“I’m gonna pee too. Wait for me.” Yoona said before she pulled down her pants. Dara is laughing uncontrollably at Yoona. “Are you drunk too?” She asked Yoona. “I think so.. just a little tipsy.” Yoona replied back, gesturing with her pinky. Yoona finished up and washed her hands before she dragged Dara outside.

 

“Hi hon!” She waved at Donghae in the mirror.

“Come on, let’s drink more, Dara. I never see you drink at all. This is gonna be fun!” Yoona said while laughing and dragging Dara outside the bathroom. “Yah! I told you I’m not drunk!” Dara said with annoyance while she was being pushed by Yoona to the basement.

 

 

Donghae still stood there inside the bathroom trying to comprehend what’s happening. Siwon entered the bathroom next. He was soaking wet from the pool. He asked Donghae if he is done in the bathroom.

 

 

“Why did you let her drink?” Donghae finally spoke up.

 

“Who?” Siwon asked, pretending not to know who is he referring to.

“Haist!” Donghae groaned in annoyance while glaring at him before he left the bathroom.

Siwon just smiled while scratching the back of his head.

 

 

 

Top, Taecyon, Bom, Dara, Yoona and Donghae were all sitting around the table at the basement with liquors and snacks cluttered on the floor. Top and Bom looked at Dara with a surprised expression because they haven’t seen her drunk for a long time. They started drinking and laughing more. Bom is just singing and dancing while secretly observing the situation. She’s the only one sober in the group because she’s pregnant and she couldn’t drink.

 

“This is the first time I saw Dara drunk! She is even cuter and funnier!” Yoona said laughing. 
 

Donghae is sitting next to her. A concern look was obvious in his eyes.

Dara is sitting on the floor while holding and drinking the bottle of Henessy in her hand. “I am not funny at all! I am not cute neither! I am just beautiful!” Dara shouted. “Cheers to all the beautiful people like me!"

"Cheers!" Yoona and Dara shouted in sync

"Cheers for you and Donghae! Cheers for a happily ever after marriage!” Dara shouted again before chugging on the bottle.

 

“Let’s celebrate for our happiness, Dara! Cheers for forever!” Yoona replied cheerfully, lifting the glass of wine in her hand before she drink it in one shot.

 

“I think it’s time for bed guys. Everyone is drunk already.” Donghae suggested. “Let’s call it a day.”

 

“Why don’t we play truth or dare!” Dara proposes, lifting up the henessy bottle with her both hand. She then hugged it tightly and laughed by herself. "Just like good old days." She muttered to herself.

 

“I like that!” Bom excitedly shouted. She stopped singing and sat down on a chair next to Dara. 

 

Donghae let out a sigh of defeat, massage his head instead and just leaned back to the sofa.

 

 

“Omo! This is like our college days. I still remember when we last played this game. Dara was so drunk too!” Bom added. She spun the bottle and waited for it to stop. The bottle pointed to herself. “Okay, let’s do it again.” She said with a playful smile.

 

“Yah! Bommie! Don’ttt be a cheaterrr! You have to answer truth or dare!” Dara said with a slurred pitch.

 

“Tsk. There’s no fun if it’s me. Fine! Truth!” Bom said.

 

“I’ll ask Bom! Since I don’t know much about her. I really wanted to be close to you, Bommie. Yoona volunteered. “Hmm.. How and when did you meet Top?” Yoona asked excitedly.

 

“Aww.. thank you, Yoona. I feel the same way about you. Hmm.. I don’t remember when exactly I met Top but it was during summer time. Donghae introduce me to him and we both clicked right away. Happy ending! Okay! Let’s spin the bottle Yoona!” Bom answered short and sweet with excitement.

 

“That’s very short. Okay, I’ll wait for another turn to ask more. I didn’t know Dara was drinking at all. She told me she never liked the smell of alcohol. I was surprised.” Yoona said before she spinned the bottle and it pointed to Taecyon. 

 

“I think I only see Dara drunk once, and it was a mess. It was really a mess.” Bom said glaring at Donghae before she asked Taecyon, “Truth or Dare?” 

 

Dara, on the other hand was focused drinking her henessy, pretending to ignore their conversation.

 

 

“Truth!” He replied.

 

 

“You guys are bad at this. There’s no fun if no one would say dare. Tsk.. Okay.. hmm..let me think. After this, whoever says truth, needs to take a shot! You can ask someone to take the shot if you don’t want to drink but you still need to answer the question. Deal?! Deal!” Bom asked and answered herself. She seems more drunk than the rest of them although she’s not. “Okay, Taecyon! Have you ever been in love with Yoona?” Bom asked with a smirk.

 

“Yes! I’m still in love with her even up until now!” He went to kneel in front of Yoona before he continues, “I tried hard to forget about you, but the more I tried, the more stronger I feel for you, Yoona! *hiccup*” Taecyon said while staring at Yoona. Yoona’s face turns red, she slapped his face playfully before rolling her eyes. 
 

“Don’t listen to him. He’s such a joker. Yah! Taecyon, you’re drunk already! Go home now!” Yoona said pouting. Donghae gave Taecyon a killer stare.

 

“I hate you, Donghae-sshi! *hiccup*” Taecyon said when he noticed his stare. He spun the bottle after.

 

“What are we doing now?” Siwon asked the group when he came down to the basement. His hair still wet and messy from the shower. He is wearing a tight white shirt which shows his muscular body and a pair of flip-flops.

 

“Whoa.. y..” Bom whispered upon seeing Siwon. Yoona glance at him secretly. Dara was so drunk to even notice him. Top glared at Bom and she just stuck her tongue out. “I hope my baby will come out as y as him.” She teases.

Taecyon became more annoyed just by looking at him.

 

The bottle stopped, pointing to Top. “Dare!” He said. Bom asked him to massage her feet. “This is not fun at all.” Top said disappointed.

 

Top spun the bottle and it stopped, pointing to Yoona. 

 

“Truth!” Yoona said. 

“You sure? You have to drink a shot if you choose the truth, remember?” Bom teases 

“Okay! I’ll drink!” she said cutely. Bom handed the tequila shot but Donghae and Siwon grabbed it from Bom. Siwon immediately backed out and returned from his seat.

“No more drinks for you.” Donghae said coldly before he drink the tequila shot. His face suddenly became bitter from the strong taste of the shot. “Okay, this is my question, Yoona. “Why did you choose Donghae over Taecyon?” Bom asked.

Dara continues chugging the henessy she was holding to. Her body felt numb but her heart still feel the pain. “Yah. Stop that now. You had too much drink already.” Siwon whispered to her ear but she just smiled at him. “Mind your own business.” She whispered back.

 

“Why would you include Taecyon? He’s just my best friend. Donghae is the reason why my life become more meaningful. I love him with my whole heart and I don’t think I can live without him by my side.” Yoona said shyly, obviously tipsy with her wine. She looked at Donghae and kissed him. Donghae gave him a sweet smile.

 

Yoona spun the bottle until it stopped, pointing to Dara.

 

 

“Truth or Dare!” Bom asked

 

 

“Truth!” Dara loudly said. “Give me the tequila shot.” She added. “Nope! You had too much already. I’ll take the shot.” Siwon said but Dara refused, grabbing the shot and chugged it. “I told you, i am a strong independent woman and I don’t need a help from anyone!” she said with a slurred pitch. Siwon just sighed as he couldn't stop her from drinking more.

“Okay, do you think you already have gotten married long time ago if you didn’t decide to go to NY?” Bom asked with a smirk.

“It’s so unfair why Bom always get the chance to ask for the game! The question should be asked by the person who spun the bottle!” Dara complained pouting. 

 

“Okay, then you’ll ask the person for the next round but you have to answer my question first.” Bommie said teasing. 

 

“Omo! I like that question.” Yoona added

 

Dara swallowed hard before she said, “I don’t know.” She replied.

 

“That’s not an answer! It’s either Yes or No!” Bom insisted. Donghae got another tequila shot and drink it in one shot.

 

“Y..yes.” Dara replied, pouting.

 

“Omo! With who? Fishboy?” Yoona asked curiously. Awkwardness suddenly felt in the room.

 

“Only one question per turn!” Dara replied in annoyance. She spun the bottle and it pointed to Donghae. Her heart jumps to the ceiling.

 

“Okay, Dara, it’s your turn to ask Donghae.” Bom said playfully.

 

Dara swallowed a lump in while cursing herself in her head before she asked, “Truth or dare?” Avoiding an eye contact with Donghae. 

 

“Truth.” He said. Bom gave him another tequila shot and he drink it right away. Both were avoiding each other’s eyes.

 

Dara looked down at the henessy before she speak, “Can you promise me to love Yoona forever?” She said in a weak voice.

 

“What kind of question is that?!” Bom complained.

 

“Aww..” Yoona said touched with Dara’s words.

 

“I promise.” Donghae said in reply, still avoiding eye contact with Dara.

 

Dara’s heart broke in a million pieces. Her tears suddenly threatened to fall in her eyes.

 

Bom asked Donghae to spin the bottle and so he did. Silence was echoing the house until the bottle stop, pointing to Dara..again.

 

“Omo this is fun.” Bom whispered to herself.

 

“Okay, Donghae. It’s your turn to ask Dara.” Bom said with a smirk

 

“Truth or Dare?” He asked

 

“Aish” Dara groans. She didn’t even recover yet to the previous round and it’s already her turned again. “Dare!” She said.

 

Donghae finally looked at her while thinking what to dare to her. Dara still avoiding his eyes. 

 

“Sing your favorite song.” Donghae dares

 

Dara let out a sigh of relief as it’s not that a bad dare. She expected more worst if Bom dares her. “What is my favorite song?” She asked to herself.

 

“Do it now Dara!” Bom shouted impatiently.

 

Dara gave her a killer glare before she got up from her seat. She was swaying from side to side, obviously drunk. Siwon behind her, assisting her not to fall.
 

Dara was holding her henessy bottle, pretending it was her microphone before she started singing.

 

“So lately, been wondering

Who will be there to take my place
When I'm gone you'll need love to light the shadows on your face
If a great wave shall fall and fall upon us all
Then between the sand and stone, could you make it on your own”

 

Bom started singing with Dara when the chorus started. Full of emotions, dancing with their hands gestures, obviously drunk.

 

“If I could, then I would
I'll go wherever you will go
Way up high or down low, I'll go wherever you will go 

If I could turn back time!

 I'll go wherever you will go!

If I could make you mine!

 I'll go wherever you will go!


I'll go wherever you will go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🎵🎵🎵🎵"


Dara and Bom sang the last part in high pitch.

After the song, Dara and Bom laughed at each other. Dara sat down immediately, embarrassment written all over her face. She’s still trying hard to avoid Donghae's eyes. Top, Taecyon, Siwon, and Yoona clapped and cheered at them while Donghae let out a sigh while looking up the ceiling, pretending to look sleepy while trying to prevent the tears that was about to fall in his eyes.

 

Dara told everyone that she took back what she said a while ago. She doesn’t want to ask anyone anymore and she’ll just let Bom do the questioning. Bom agreed with an evil smile.

 

Bom spun the bottle again until it stopped, pointing to Siwon.

 

Everyone looked at Siwon anticipating of what he would choose. “I don’t know...umm.. Dare?” Siwon said.

 

“Okay! As expected..I dare you to...”Bom paused for a moment while thinking. She playfully pouted and squinted her eyes while looking at Dara. Dara on the other hand was praying in her head for Bom not to include her with any stupid ideas again she might think of.

 

“I dare you to kiss...Donghae on the lips.” Bom said before laughing playfully. Everyone laughed at her dare. Siwon stared at Bom in confusion before glancing at Donghae who gave him a killer glare. 

 

“What kind of dare is this. Can you not...ewww..” Siwon complained. “I’ll kiss anyone you like, just not him. Eww.”

 

“Anyone?” 

 

“A female of course!”

 

“Yoona?”

 

“No...You really want me dead.”

 

“Okay. Then who?” Bom said with a smirk. “Me?”

 

“Can I?” Siwon teases

 

 

“Don’t you dare, bro.” Top threatened.

 

 

“Okay...then you choose who you want to kiss..kiss her for 10 seconds!” Bom said excitedly.

 

Donghae got up from his seat and told them he would just go to the toilet. Few seconds before he left, the house completely turned black. 

 

“Woah! Black out?” Yoona asked worriedly, she used her phone for the flashlight.

“Yeobo, can you check the light please?” Bom asked Top.

“I think it’s because of the strong wind outside.” Top replied to Yoona. “Let me check, yeobo.. I’ll be back.” He added in response to Bom.

 

Dara’s heart pounds faster. She looked around but can’t see anything. Darkness surrounding the whole room. Everyone started to get up except Dara. “Let’s go Dara, let’s wait for the electricity upstairs.” Yoona said.

“Okay. I’ll be up in a minute.” She said. She tried to get up but knocked over some stuff that was on the table. She let out a sigh, dizziness from the alcohol making the darkness worst.

Out of nowhere someone lifted her up, carrying her bridal style. “Don’t worry, you know I got you.” Siwon said to Dara before he winked. Her heart couldn’t help but to beat faster in a weird way. She let out a sigh of relief and smile at him back before she dozed off.