Chapter 21 - Bathroom Part II

One More Chance


Authors POV






 


"Me too. I'm glad I finally found my happiness again."










A deafening silence engulfed the entire room after those words came out of Donghae's mouth. There just no words that could describe how much pain they felt at that time. 


It looks like one more chance was never really meant for us, they both convinced themselves despite their hearts saying otherwise. Without realizing, Donghae tightened his grip to Dara's hand, seemed like telling her how much he missed her and how much he was hurting to let her go...not once but twice.



Dara immediately closed her eyes and bit her lower lip to stop a strangled cry of heartbreak that almost escaped . She struggled with her emotions as she tried hard to control her heart.  hurt and her eyes stung with tears of pain. "I'm sorry, fishboy" she whispered softly as she closed her eyes and felt herself drifting away to the past.




Flashback


Dara opened her eyes slowly when she felt Donghae was already asleep. She turned her head gently towards him, avoiding any noise that could wake him up. She stared at him with her eyes filled with tears while he was sleeping soundly next to her. More tears gathered in her eyes as she her finger over his face, gently tracing his eyes, nose, and lips. She let out a small smile while memorizing in her head the beat of his heart, the feel of his skin, the scent of him, and every feature of his face.


"Am I gonna be selfish if I told you my only dream was to be with you...as long as I live? Will I be unfair to you if I just stay here even though I know...you would only suffer because of me? Will my eyes let me see you happy again even though you know about my condition? Will we be ever happy even though I couldn't give you your dream of having a normal happy family?" Dara softly asked herself as she watched him sleeping. Tears just kept falling down her eyes as she remembered what the doctor said about her condition.

"We will be happy, right? Even just the two of us. I will be a good wife. I promise I will try not to be a burden to you even though I won't be able to see anymore, and we could just adopt kids. I'm sure they will understand...right?  We will live like a normal family." Dara immediately covered with her hands to stiffle her cry. 


She bit her lower lip hard and wiped her tears away before she continued, "No!!! No. What am I saying?!" She said, shaking her head. "I know if you were in my position, you would definitely sacrifice your happiness for me. That's why I hate you, fishboy. I really hate that I love you so much. I'm sorry for being selfish. I'm sorry, fishboy, but letting you go is the only option I have left. I have to do this now before my heart takes over my mind. I wanted to be selfish for myself but I want your happiness more than mine because you are my life. You will understand, right? If we ever see each other again, please don't ever forgive me because if you do... I might not be able to...I can't take this any longer." she cried. "Please be happy." She said wiping her tears away before she silently got up from the bed. Fountain of tears just kept falling down her eyes. Her heart was constricting in so much pain. 


She quietly took her luggage from the closet, packing all her things up when a sudden flashback hit her mind. 

 


****
"You, pabo rabbit. Do you know how nervous I was a while ago when I proposed to you in front of many people?!! I thought you really going to turned me down. You have no idea how hard I've been through just to prepare for this special day. Also, to get that eternity ring on your ring finger." Donghae cutely complained before they went to bed.


"You know you don't have to prepare those stuff for me, fishboy. Just to be with you is enough for me." Dara said with a small smile but sadness was all over  her voice.


"Pffft.. You've been very busy lately. You didn't even call me when you were in Jeju. I don't think you even miss me. Oh well, you know what, I usually don't believe to this kind of stuff, but..." Donghae said as he held Dara's hand, caressing the eternity ring on her finger.

"Huh? What is that?" Dara replied.

"You know what the designer of this ring told me? She said if I gave this to my one and only true love, the eternity ring will hold on tightly to that person." Donghae said smiling.


"Tsk. Really? Do you really believe that?" Dara asked, letting a small smile on her lips.


"Of course! So you better make sure you will take good care of this. You will never ever take this ring off again, rabbit. Ha ha ha! No return, no exchange! You are mine now forever." Donghae said before he kissed her hand. "It really fits your hand, my true love." He added, smiling cheerfully while looking at the eternity ring.


****

Dara finally snapped back her senses and a tear just suddenly fell down from her eyes while staring blankly at the eternity ring on her finger.

"If the designer of this ring said was real, then I should stay with him, right? If I were really his true love, then I wouldn't be able to take this off." Dara said to herself as she stared at the eternity ring.


"Tell me I'm insane, but this is the only hope I have right now. I promise I will hold on to you if this ring will hold on to me tightly. I promise I will never leave you anymore." Dara hopelessly said with tears on her eyes. She closed her eyes and slowly held on to the ring on her finger. 


"Please stay on. Please stay on. Please let me be your true love." She cried in tears.



--- 

 
Donghae and Dara were both pre-occupied of bittersweet memories of their past. Their hearts were constricting in unbearable pain of regrets and longing as they never thought that moment would actually come. That moment was actually the first time again they had a long conversation after how many years they had been apart. That moment where they finally opened up to each other about their past. That moment when they finally asked forgiveness from each other. That moment of closure they had been waiting for.
 
 
 
Both of them felt like that moment was only a dream, but a sudden brightness showered the bathroom, woke them back to reality.
 
 
 
They both winced at the sudden light and realized that electricity came back on the house. The black background surrounding them a while ago suddenly lit up just like their old feelings for each other.




Donghae unconsiously bit his lower lip when he realized the light came back on. The feeling of regret came into him more as he knew he had no more reason to stay longer there with her. Dara, on the other hand, felt very relief as she could see everything again, but that feeling only lasted for a second. Her heart constricted painfully when she realized there was no more reason for him to stay longer with her. 



Both hearts were wondering if that was the end of their unresolved feelings for each other. If so, how would they have to treat each other after this? Would they go back as being strangers to each other because they have to hide their past to protect their loved ones from being hurt? Or would they be able to revive the friendship that they had almost forgotten?




Donghae and Dara didn't know how to start conversing again. Both gulped hard when their eyes met each other. 



"Ha ha ha.. The light is back..." Donghae awkwardly said, trying to break the silence. He lifted his both hands up in the air and added, "Hurray!" But the situation became even more out of hand when he realized his hand were still intertwined against her hand tightly.



Both awkwardly stood there frozen as they looked at their both hands still holding each other in the air. 


Donghae awkwardly let go of her hand and said, "Sorry, I didn't realize I was still---" He gulped hard. Dara immediately cut him off, "No! It's fine. I was the one who held your hand first because I was scared a while ago. Thank you actually for holding my hand.. I mean..." Dara gulped nervously, "Thank you for staying here with me when the light was out." Dara bit her lower lip awkwardly. She just couldn't think of any words that could break the awkwardness between them.



"Ha ha ha ha. Thanks again." Dara awkwardly laughed.



"Ha ha ha. Its fine really. You're welcome?" Donghae replied.
 

They immediately averted their eyes from each other. Both faces were bright red from embarrassment. 


Situation got even more worse when they noticed both of them were almost . Dara, immediately fixed her bathrobe. Donghae quickly put a towel around his body.


"Um.. Ha ha.. I h-have to go. Sorry again for interrupting your shower." Donghae finally said to escape more awkwardness that might happen. He walked slowly to the door, scratching the back of his neck while thinking what else he could say to stop the awkwardness. He unlocked the door and was about to twist the door knob open when Dara spoke again.



"Yeah. Me too. Sorry again for not locking the door." Dara said before bitting her lower lip hard. She begged herself to just shut up before things get even more awkward than it actually was.



Donghae suddenly chuckled at what Dara said. He immediately bit his lower lip. Dara looked at him in confusion. Embarrassment was written all over her face. 



"Ha ha.. What is funny?" She said, embarassed.
"Nothing." Donghae said with his innocent smile. He turned back to look at Dara and noticed her curious annoyed looks that was about to explode from embarrassment. 


"Nothing really. I'm just...glad you finally admit it was your fault." Donghae jokingly said.


"AHA! Of course it's not my fault! I'm just saying..How dare--" Dara yelled angrily, moving closer to where Donghae was, but she immediately bursted laughing when she saw him hardly able to contain his laughter. 



Both of them laughed their hearts out, but neither of them knew the real reason why. Maybe to forget all their pains in their hearts even just for a short time or they just did that to buy more time to stay there longer with each other. What ever their reason was, their faith must be listening to them.





"Knock! Knock! Dara, are you in the bathroom?" Yoona's voice suddenly appeared out of the blue. 



Donghae and Dara immediately stopped laughing and covered each others mouth. Both looked at each other in panic. Their eyes were both opened wide, silently asking each other what should they do.


"Dara? Are you there? Is somebody inside the bathroom?" Yoona asked again over the door.


"What should we do?" Dara asked in a whisper mode. 
"I don't know. Should I answer her?" Donghae replied in panic.
"Shhh! Quiet she might hear us!" Dara hushed.



"Knock! Knock!" Yoona knocked the door again, this time she twisted the door knob open.



"Lock the door. Lock the door!" Dara quickly said, pointing to the door. She immediately covered her eyes when she heard the door creaked open.


Donghae immediately run to lock the door but Yoona already held the door slightly open. Donghae quickly grabbed the door back closed and locked it immediately .



Their hearts literally skipped a beat. They heard a small banged after he closed the door.


"What the...Why did you that?! You could've closed the door gently. I think she hit her head against the door!" Dara said in panic.


"What do you want me to do? She was about to open the door! She would see us like this..." Donghae whispered, pointing out what they were wearing.




"Haist! What are we gonna do now?!" Dara asked Donghae in panic. "This is all your fault! If you didn't barge in here, this would not be happening."



"Yah! If you locked the door in the first place, this would never happen. Didn't you just apologize a while ago? In case you forget, here is what you said, Open quote, Yeah. Me too. Sorry again for not locking the door, Close quote. Tsk." Donghae whispered mockingly with matching gestures.


"Haist! I'm going crazy because of you! Ottoke?!" Dara said, messing up her hair in annoyance. "Come on, god of faith. Have mercy on us. Help us, please?" She added, looking up the ceiling. "Haist! Move away, ert!" Dara shoved Donghae to the side and softly put her left ear against the door.



Yoona, on the other side, was shocked at what happened. She was pulled back against the door when Donghae quickly closed it, making her head hit against it. Her small box she was holding fell on the floor. She gently nursed her head, confusion was written all over her face. 



"Yah! Yoona. Are you okay?" Dara asked over the door. 

"Yah! What are you doing?!" Donghae whispered to Dara.  

"I have no choice! It looks like she was hurt." Dara whispered back. "Just... Just hide on the tub! Pali!" She added. 


"Yah! Why do I have to hide there? Are you just doing it to get your revenge when you hid on the tub last night?! Why don't you do it instead?!" Donghae complained.



"Yah! Dara! I knew you were there. Were you there all along when the electricity was out?What are you doing there so long anyway? Why aren't you answering me a while ago? Can you open the door. I have something to show you." Yoona answered back.



Dara and Donghae immediately covered each others mouth again. Panic and confusion were all over their faces.



"Dara?!
I said I want to show you something. Hurry up and open this door." Yoona excitedly said, still nursing her affected forehead.



Dara quickly brushed Donghae's hand off . 



"Ah.. W-wait a sec..second. I'm in the shower, Yoona." Dara stuttered in panic. She tried to push Donghae inside the tub, but Donghae was trying to escape away. Dara  gave Donghae an annoyed gaze, making him give up and just sighed in defeat. She quickly pushed his head down the tub, making him sit. She immediately close the sliding door and the curtain over it.



"Tsk! I will make sure you will regret this." Donghae murmured.


"Yah! I can hear you! Would you please shut up?! I can't think properly! Haist!"Dara let out a sigh of exasperation before she slightly opened the door of the tub again. "Hush!" Giving him a death glare. Donghae just rolled his eyes and pouted. Dara immediately closed the door when she couldn't contain a smirk on her lips. 



"Andwee! Why am I smiling? I'm really going crazy!" She thought. She shook her head and cleared before she went to the door. She fixed her hair and bathrobe before she slightly opened the door to peek and said, "I'm sorry Yoona, I didn't hear you a while ago. I was taking a shower and I'm still , you know? Can.. can you just show it to me later?" Dara gulped nervously.



"Oh..okay. Well, perfect timing since you just got out of shower! I want to show you these bikinis I bought for our Jeju trip." Yoona said cheerfully. 



"What? Bi-bikinis?" Dara repeated.



"Yup, bathing suit, two-piece, whatever you call it. we can both try these on there. Let me in. Don't be shy. We are both girls anyway. Ha ha." Yoona said as she tried to slip her way inside.



"But you can't--" Dara argued but Yoona already got in.



"Come on, Dara. What's wrong with you? 
I think I even got a bumped on my forehead because you pulled the door too hard."



"No-nothing! Nothing is wrong with me. I-its not me who did that anyway! I mean-- i mean its me.. But its not my fault. Its just a sudden reflex, you know, because...I'm...." Dara quickly bit her lip, cursing herself in her head for stuttering. 



"Huh? I don't get what you are saying. Are you drunk, Dara? Haha.. Its not like your hiding something here that you don't want me to see. Aren't you? Maybe someone? Omg, Siwon is here?!!" Yoona joked, scanning her eyes around.



"Yah!" Dara heart almost stopped. "O- of course not! Let me see that bikini. Is that even my size?" Dara immediately changed the topic.



"Of course! Its extra small. I'm the one who selected it. I'm sure you will like it. Hurry up! Try this pink bikini, Dara. Pink is still your favorite color, right? I want to see how it looks on you. Omg. I'm really excited for our Jeju trip over the weekend!" Yoona said excitedly.



"Me too. Ha ha.. C-can I just try it on later? You see--" Dara said stuttering.


"Why later?! Andwee. Palii!! palii!! Just do it now. I want to see if it fits properly. Just remove your bathrobe and put this bikini on quickly. It will not take a minute. Plus, its easier now since you're already . Don't be shy. I'll try this on too.." Yoona said persistently. 



Dara bit her lip hard, thinking what more excuses she should say but Yoona still insisted, "You see this bump on my forehead? Feel it. It really hurts you know. I even got this because I'm really excited to show you this. I really thought you will like it. I just want to see if it fits on you so if ever not I could return it tomorrow as soon as possible." Yoona pouted. 



"Of course, I like this! We don't have to try it. I'm sure it will fit perfectly because you choose it. Thank you, Yoona." Dara said, but Yoona didn't respond and just pouted sadly like a little child. 
 
 
"Haist! Okay! I'll try this on but you have to get out first. I-I'm not comfortable changing while you're looking at me. No but or I'll change my mind!" Dara said and quickly pushed Yoona out the bathroom door before she locked the door.



"Haist! Alright then. I'll just wait outside. Call me when you're finish. Hurry up!!" Yoona insisted.



Dara let out a temporary sigh of relief. She gulped hard as she gaze at the pink bikini she was holding before she turned her deadly gaze to the bath tub. 


She slid the tub door open, only to see Donghae on his phone with his headset on his both ears.



"Yah!" Dara whispered sternly, but Donghae didn't even budge. Dara annoyedly grabbed the headset out of his ears.



"What?!" Donghae responded in annoyed tone.



"Don't you dare take a peek, Lee Donghae or I will really drown you in that tub." Dara warned.



"Peek on what?!" Donghae asked again.



"Nothing." Dara answered, embarrassment was written all over her face. Her face suddenly turned bright red.



Donghae craned his neck to the side and saw the pink bikini she was holding. Dara quickly hid it behind her back.



"Ahhh...Tsk. Don't worry. I've seen all of that already." Donghae said with a smirk.



"Arghhh! Just stay like that! Keep what you are doing and mind your own business!" Dara whispered in annoyance. She quickly closed the door and the curtain before she looked at the mirror.


"Haist! What a jerk!" She said before she take the bathrobe off.
 
 
She gulped hard while putting the pink bikini on. She unconsciously let out a sigh of disappointment while looking at her reflection in the mirror. She quickly put the bathrobe on top of it. A flashback of Donghae telling her she was fat whenever she wear bikini came back to her mind.
 
 
"Dara? Are you finish?" Yoona asked, knocking the door.
 
 
"Yeah. Hold on." She inhaled deeply and exhaled hard before she opened the door.
 
 
"Haist. Why do you have to cover it with your bathrobe. Take that off. See?!! Wow, you are so y, Dara. I am so excited to see Siwon's reaction when he sees you with that on!" Yoona excitedly said.
 
 
 
"Pffft!" Donghae unconsciously blurted out a chuckle.  He bit his lip so hard when he realized what he did.
 
 
 
"What is that?" Yoona asked when she heard the sound.
 
 
"Ahhh.. It- its nothing! I farted." Dara immediately said out of panic. She smiled at her nervously.
 
 
"Oh.. Hahaha.. Wow.. Thats really a weird fart, Dara. Anyway, let me take a picture of you one second so I could show it to Minji."
Dara let out a sigh of relief while cursing Donghae repatedly in her head. "Are you really okay, Dara? You seemed very restless." Yoona asked.
 
 
"Of course. I'm okay even better than okay! haha" Dara replied, forcing herself to smile cheerfully.
"Really? Thats good. Now, let me take a picture  of you." Yoona said excitedly.
Wait, what? Haist! No! No! I don't want picture, Yoona. Stop." Dara said, irritated. 
 
 
 
"Aish! Just one please. I'll take a picture of mine too later. Stand straight like a model. Remember your y pose again when we were in high school?" Yoona said while holding her phone. "Come on, Dara. Just one and I leave you alone." She added.
 
 
Dara just let out a sigh of defeat. She put her hand on her waist and her index finger on her pouted lips, posing like a model on a magazine.
 
 
"Okay, 1,2,3 smile. Wow so y!!" Yoona said cheerfully as she clicked her camera on her phone. She bit her lower lip to contain her laughter.
 
 
"Happy?!" Dara asked Yoona, and both of them bursted out laughing. 
 
 
"I can't believe you still remember your y pose, Dara." Yoona said. 
 
 
"Yah! It was long time ago. I didn't even want  to pose like that if its not because of you. Haist. Now leave me alone." Dara said, pushing Yoona gently out of the bathroom.
 
 
"Yah! You had fun anyway. Don't deny that! Ha ha.. Geez, fine. I'll leave now alright. Why are you so sensitive this days, Dara. I should be the one to feel that before my wedding, right? Ha ha.. Wait, what is that on your neck?" Yoona asked when she noticed something on Dara's neck. Both of them paused for a while. "Hmm.. It looks like something..." Yoona said while looking at her neck incredulously.
 
 
"What? What is wrong with my neck?" Dara asked. She turned to the side to look on the mirror in front of them.
 
 
 
"Is that a kiss mark?!" Yoona asked. "That really looks like a kissmark to me." Yoona added with her eyes wide open.
 
 
Dara swallowed very hard. Her heart suddenly skipped a beat. A sudden flashback of Donghae kissing her a while ago hit her head. "NO! Of course not. I was probably bitten by a bug. A bed bug or a ert cockroach. Whatever. I want to change now. Talk to you later!" Dara said, pushing Yoona out of the bathroom. Her legs suddenly became weak. She immediately locked the door and leaned her back against it. She caressed her neck gently before she turned to the mirror to look at her neck closer. Images of Donghae kissing her neck suddenly flashed in her mind again.



"Haist!" She messed her hair in annoyance.
 
 
 
On the other hand, Donghae slowly slid the tub door open when he heard Yoona already left. He peeked a little from the door but he immediately closed it back when he met Dara's death glare from the mirror. He gulped nervously. He immediately put his headset back on his ears. This time he really turned his music on his phone loudly.
 
 
Dara quickly opened the tub door and gave Donghae a deadly gaze.
 
 
 
Donghae immediately averted his gaze, pretending not to see her but Dara quickly grabbed his headset out of his ears. She sat down on the edge of the tub next to where Donghae was seating. 
 
 
"W-what...do you want?" Donghae softly asked. He was kind of scared of Dara's intense stare. 
 
 
Dara bit her lower lip hard before she let out a deep sigh. She breathed deeply again before she asked, "Do I look y in this bikini?" 
 
 
"Hhuh?" Donghae voice started to croak.
 
 
"I said, do i look y in this bikini?!" Dara repeated. 
 
 
"I don't know. Maybe not, maybe yes." Donghae replied, avoiding any eye contact with her.
 
 
 
"Haist! Maybe I should just ask Siwon oppa then. Get out!" Dara sternly said in a mocking tone.
 
 
 
Donghae immediately looked at her after what she said. His eyes suddenly filled with jealousy and rage. Their faces were just inches closer against each other.
 
 
 
"You really want to know my honest opinion?" Donghae asked in a husky, y voice.
 
 
Dara pretended hard she was not distracted from his stare and voice, even though her heart was pounding really hard. She gave him a small smirk before she said, "Of course I want to know." 
 
 
Donghae responded with a grin. He moved his hand closer towards her neck. Dara tried hard not to flinch an inch. Her eyes widened in surprise. He softly caressed the kiss mark on her neck before he got up from his spot.
 
 
 
Dara gulped nervously when he was not looking. Donghae stepped out of the tub before he said, "I don't like it. You look fat."
he said in a serious voice.
 
 
 
 
Dara was taken aback of what he said. "Yah!" agaped and eyes widen.
 
 
 
She bit her lip hard when she regain her composure. "Tsk! Whatever! I don't really care of your opinion anyway." Dara said in annoyance.
 
 
 
"I'm just telling the truth. Baggy t-shirt and boy short suit you the best to hide your fat." Donghae said with matching thumbs up gestures. "See you later, fat rabbit! Lock the door!" Donghae said with a naughty smirk before he left the bathroom.
 
 
Dara was speechless. She bit her lower lip, trying hard to maintain her composure. Embarassment and frustation were all over her face. "Arghhhhhhh!!! ert!!! Pffttt.." She all of a sudden smile, covering her face with her hands. "I'm really going crazy. Fat your face, jelly fishboy." She added with a giddy smile on her face.