Chapter 27- Hiking Part 1

One More Chance

Chapter 27

 

The lights turned back on and the group decided to call it a day. Siwon gently put Dara on bed and Donghae was assisting Yoona walking through the stairs. He tucked her into the bed and made sure she’s comfortable. Both girls were knocked out and really drunk.

 

Bom knocked on their door, cracked it open a little bit and peeked on them. “Are my girls okay?” She asked Donghae and Siwon who were busy taking care of them. 

 

“Do you want to help us?” Siwon asked her, I think Dara is about to vomit. “Can you pass me a basin! Quick!” He requested Bom when he saw Dara was about to throw up.

 

Bom immediately passed him a basin and he put it over  Dara. “Dara, if you want to throw up, the basin is here next to you.” Siwon said, sitting down at the edge of the bed next to her. Donghae was on the other side of bed next to Yoona.

 

Dara sat down on the bed and hold , trying hard not to puke. She swallowed hard and cried. “Otoke! I don’t feel good.” she moaned.

 

“Dara you need to puke. You will better afterwards if you do. Here wipe some cold water on her forehead.” Bom asked Siwon and gave him the wet towel. 
 

Yoona on the other hand sat down on the bed as well and screamed, “I want some ice chips! I think I’m gonna puke too” she cried out.

 

Bom immediately handed Donghae another basin and gave him a bucket of ice. She brought them a pitcher of water.

 

“Good luck guys! I’m sleepy. My baby in my tummy doesn’t like the smell of puke. Good night!” Bom said and immediately escaped out of the room. 

 

Top and Taecyon were both sleeping on the couch. They were too drunk to go upstairs to sleep on the bed.

 

Dara groaned again while clutching her stomach. She grabbed the basin and put it in her face but nothing is coming out. “Ughhhh! I hate this! Why?! Why my mom like to drink so much if after she would feel this way!” She screamed and groaned again while trying to puke.

 

Siwon was patting her back, trying to console her. He bit his lower lip feeling so guilty that he made her drink.

 

“This....! This is all your fault!” Dara groans and pause while looking at Siwon, “I really hate you Lee donghae!” She cried out.

 

 

Donghae on the other side of the bed stealing glances at her while pretending to be busy wiping Yoona’s forehead with ice.

 

“I know, it’s all his fault. I hate him too, don’t worry. It’s okay, baby. It’s okay. I got you.” Siwon said with a sweet voice consoling her, still patting her back softly.

 

 

Donghae gave him a glare but Siwon just smirked at him.

 

“Siwonnie... I’m so sick.” Dara said in a weak voice, tears fell in her eyes.

 

“I know, please don’t cry.” Siwon said while wiping her tears.

 

“If you ever see that fish, tell him I really really really hate him! To the maxxxxxxxxx!"

 

“Okay I will.” 

 

 

Dara finally puked in the basin that Siwon was holding to. Siwon crunched his nose and avoided to look at the vomit.

 

“Tell him...I’m sorry for everything too.” Dara said in a weak voice before she fell asleep.

 

 

Siwon stole a glance to Donghae who was quiet, still wiping down Yoona on her forehead. 

 

“She will finally feel better.” Siwon awkwardly laughed, "she's so cute." He whispered to himself before he added, “She puked a lot.” He said still glancing at Donghae whose mind was pre-occupied with his thoughts.

 

“Hyung, Did you intentionally switched off the electricity a while ago?” Siwon asked Donghae while cleaning up Dara's puke.

 

 

Donghae didn’t answer him. 

 

 

Siwon glance back at him. He just smiled while staring at Dara’s face as he wipe her with cold water. “It’s cold.” Dara said asleep.

 

 

“I think they are okay now.” Siwon said to break the silence.


 

“Yeah. It looks like so. I’ll stay here and watch them, you can go back to the room downstairs." Donghae said to Siwon.

 

“Nope. I’ll stay here and watch them. You go to the room downstairs and sleep.” Siwon said and gave him a smirk.

 

“No way. Why would I leave them to you?!” Donghae said in annoyance.

 

“Why would I leave them to you neither?!” Siwon replied back.

 

 

Donghae just shook his head, rolled his eyes before he let out a sigh. 

 

 

 

 

Dara woke up the next morning with her throbbing headache. She tried to get up but she has no strength yet. “Yoona..” she called her in a weak voice but Yoona still asleep. She looked around and see Siwon sleeping on the floor. “Siwon..” she called out but he still sleeping soundly.

 

“Are you awake now?” Donghae asked her.

 

She saw Donghae looking at her. Her heart beats faster. She thought she was just imagining things. She tried to reach his face and pinched his cheeks so hard. “Ouch!” Donghae winced in pain.

 

Dara immediately let him go when she realized it was really him. Donghae gently caressed his cheeks to ease the pain. 

 

“Are you okay? Do you need something?” Donghae asked her with concern in his tone.

 

“My head hurts.” She replied.

 

“Then why did you drink so much?!” He asked with sarcasm

 

“Just hand me my medicine in the drawer, please.” She requested 

 

Donghae just sighed. He went to the night stand and opened the drawer. His eyes grew larger when he saw a familiar stuff inside it. He grabbed it with his hand and examined it thoroughly.

 

Dara stole a glance at him. Her eyes widened upon seeing what he was holding to.

 

“Put him down! Give him to me!” Dara demanded.

 

“Why is my teddy in here?” Donghae asked, holding his teddy bear. 
 

“That is not your teddy. He is mine! Give it back to me.” Dara insisted.


“You already abandoned Teddy, right? Alone and miserable by himself. Why do you still want him? Besides, I was the one who bought him.” Donghae said with sarcasm in his voice.

 

“Well, you gave him to me! You’re not taking care of him anyway. You just left him in the attic by himself. Alone and miserable!” Dara said before she groans, “Ouch!” she said while holding her head.

 

Donghae looked at her worriedly. He looked inside the drawer and asked her which medication she needed. “Which one in here? Why do you have a lot of medications anyway?” Donghae asked with curiosity.

 

“Just the morphine. I just have migraine.” Dara replied

 

“Migraine? I think morphine is too much for just a migraine. How many pills do you need?”

 

“Four please.” 

 

“Here..” Donghae handed him the pills with water. Dara took it immediately and pretended to go back sleep. She stole Teddy in his hand and hide it immediately under her pillow.

 

 

Donghae let out another sigh before he left the room. "You're welcome." He said with sarcasm.

 

“Wow, are you cooking hangover soup for us?” Top teases when he saw Donghae making soup.

 

“Yah! Cook your own soup!” He replied 

 

"Is that for Yoona or Dara?" He teases

 

Donghae playfully kicked Siwon  while holding the ladle. 

 

 

Donghae came back to the room and found Dara sleeping again. He put the soup on the side table when Yoona suddenly woke up. “Ughh.. my head hurts.” Yoona cried. “Is that a soup?” She asked when she saw Donghae holding a tray.

 

“Yes, hon. Get up and drink your soup. I’m sure you’re headache will be gone after you drink this soup.” Donghae said with a sweet smile.

 

Dara, on the other hand, tries to get back to sleep but she couldn’t sleep anymore. She pretended to be asleep, covering herself under the blanket to avoid them.

 

“Is Dara okay?” Yoona asked worriedly. Donghae just smiled at him, shrugging both his shoulders.

 

“Dara, are you okay?” Yoona asked worriedly,  she removed the blanket over Dara’s face to check if she’s fine.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine. Thanks Yoona.” Dara said holding her head as she sat up on the bed.

 

 

“Do you want soup too?” Yoona offered.

 

 

“No, it’s okay. I’m fine.. I just need a shower.” Dara politely refused.

 

 

“I still have soup in the kitchen. I’ll bring it up here. Just wait.” Donghae said and hurriedly went downstairs.

 

 

“Where is my soup?” Siwon said in a husky voice while stretching up his both hands up in the air. He just woke up from his sleep.

 

 

“Make your own soup!” Donghae said with sarcasm.


Donghae handed the soup to Dara and went back to Yoona's side. He stole glances on Dara while she drinks the soup. 
 

"Here drink lots of water, my lady. You need to drink more water for your hangover." Siwon said with a wink while handing her the glass of water.

 

 

"Thank you, Siwon." Dara said with a smile.

 

 

Donghae gave them a glare. She didn't even say thank you to me when I cooked her soup. He just gave him a glass of water and she said thank you to him. Tsk. Donghae muttered to himself.

 

 

After breakfast, the group decided to hangout in the backyard’s swimming pool. Dara refused to join and told them she will visit her mom today. 

 

Since this morning, Bom has been staring at Dara and that made her so uncomfortable. She’s pretending not to see it, avoiding her playful stares. 

 

“Yah...” Bom said when the two of them were left alone in the kitchen.

 

“What?” Dara asked, pretending to be busy washing the dishes.

 

“What the heck happened to you last night, huh?”

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“Why did you drink so much? I haven’t seen you drunk for a longggg time.” Bom said with exaggeration 

 

“I don’t know. I was thinking mom, I guess. I just want to try if my problems will really disappear at least just for that night.” Dara said convincing her.

 

“Did it work?” Bom asked with her curious eyes

 

 

“Somehow.” Dara said and laughed to herself

 

“Do you know that fish looked so flustered last night. He looked so worried about you.” Bom teases

 

“I don’t think so. He’s worried for Yoona, not me. Yoona is drunk too.” Dara insisted before she took a deep breath to ease the pain in her heart.

 

“Whatever. You’re so drunk last night. How would you even notice? I asked Top and he told me he saw Donghae intentionally turned off the generator after I dare Siwon to kiss you. Kya! Jealous fish.” Bom added.

 

“Tsk. Stop it now Bom. He doesn’t care about me anymore. I saw how he really cares for her. I don’t want to complicate things anymore. Let’s just stop this. Behave now, okay?” Dara begged to Bom.

 

“Tsk! Fine.. whatever you said. Are you really sure you’re okay visiting your mom alone?”

 

“Of course. She’s my mom. She will never harm me.” Dara said with a weak smile. “Enjoy touring around Jeju Island later, okay? See you later tonight.” Dara added.

 

 

 

DARA’s POV

 

 

I decided to just walk from the Airbnb going to my mom’s place. I couldn’t help but smile to myself upon seeing those familiar places I used to see before when I stayed here during my high school days. I also imagined when Donghae came here to look for me. Bom said he was always drunk and out of himself. Siwon was following him around while looking for me. He almost died here because of me. Then he went to a rehab treatment in order to walk again. I was so grateful for Yoona staying by his side when he really needed it the most. I would never forgive myself if something happened to him because of me. I stopped walking all of a sudden when I finally saw my mom’s house. It’s an old little single storey house. When you look outside you can see it needs further repair. The window sill is dirty and rusty . It never change at all. I took a deep breath before I started walking again to go to the house.

 

I opened the door and it wasn’t locked at all. The house welcome me with a smell of a familiar scent of mom--alcohol. I scanned around the house everything was a mess. Garbage cluttered around the floor, wires from the appliances, bottle of liquors, and dirty dishes all over the place. 

 

“Yah! Give me at least three days or even two days! I promise I will give you back the money. I will—“ Mom said on the phone but she stopped talking, her eyes went wide upon seeing me like she saw a ghost from her past. “I’ll call you later.” mom said and quickly hung up the phone.

 

“Dara!” she immediately approached and hugged me. “When did you comeback to Korea? Why didn’t you let me know you’re coming. I should’ve cleaned the house and prepared your favorite food.” 

 

“It’s okay mom. I just came here in Jeju yesterday. Why are you still smell alcohol? I thought you already quit?” I asked, tears was about to fall in my eyes.


“I.. i did.. I’m just drinking..occasionally.” My mom said and laughed. “I’m such a bad actress, right? That’s why I didn’t pursue acting.” My mom said with tears falling in her eyes. “I tried to quit but I keep looking for it. I can’t stop anymore. I’m having a withdrawal symptoms and that really made me sick. I’m such a loser. I’m not gonna change anymore, Dara. I don’t think I can do my promise anymore.” My mom added.

 

“Mom, you’re not loser. You just need to be strong. For me..and for dad.” I said to her, flood of tears flowing in my eyes. I wiped my tears away before I wiped her tears in her face. “Let’s go eat outside? I don’t like the smell here.” I told her, holding my nose, and she gave me a smile. She immediately went to her room to grab her purse and we walked out the house holding each other’s hand.

 

 

We were eating in a small restaurant close to where my mom lives. We used to eat here many times before. I’m looking at my mom as she eats. She looks much older compared to the last time I saw her before I left to NY, wrinkle was already showing in her skin. 

 

“How’s your dad?” Mom asked me

“He’s fine. He’s still the same except older.” I told her with a chuckle

“Thats good. How’s you step mom and your step brother?” she added a follow up question.

“Their okay.” I answered and continued to eat, avoiding her eyes as I was not comfortable talking about them to her. 

“That’s good.” She replied, “I heard from your dad you’ve given up the treatment for your eyes.”

“Mom, you know I was drunk last night.” I told her, changing the topic. “It wasn’t fun at all. I was sick from hangover. Does drinking liquors really help you forget your problems?”

“Hmm...sometimes it does. Most of the time it’s not. I guess I’m already immune of it. Why did you drink?” She paused for a second then continues, “Is it because of Donghae? Did you see him again? He was looking for you here before...I felt so bad not telling him where you went.”

“I know...I mean no!!” I shook my head, denying but she laughed at me as she knew I was lying. I pouted cutely like a kid, “NO MOM!!! I just wanted to try if your magic drink really works HERE.” I said pointing to my heart then smiles at her sadly.

 My mom just smile at me before she continues eating. "I know. My poor baby." She said 

 

“Mom, do you regret leaving dad?”

My mom paused for a while before she answered. “Of course, I do.” 

“Then why did you leave him in the first place?”

“I thought that is the right thing to do at that time.” she replied faster than I expected.

“Do you think it was worth it?”

“Somehow. I know he’s happy now so I think it’s worth it. I just regret not being by your side when you’re growing up.” My mom said in a weak voice, tears almost threatening to fall again in her eyes.

 

 I gave her a sweet smile before I held her hand tightly. “It’s okay mom. I know you’ve been through a lot.” 

 

I think I understand her more now. She’s been through a lot and I can feel her pain more than ever and it makes my heart aches even more. 

 

“By the way mom, if you don’t mind me asking you, Why aren’t you still signing the divorce paper? Are you still hoping...maybe...—“

“If your dad would send it again to me, I would sign it in a heartbeat.” She said cutting me off.

“Why didn’t you sign it before?” I asked curiously.

 

“Honestly, I thought I would still change and be better so...yeah..I guess before I was still hoping me and your dad could still fix everything. I actually got so jealous when I heard him getting married again so I became selfish and declined to sign the papers. My magic liquors are the only friends I leaned on at that time.”

 

She smiles at me and continues, “The only thing I regret about was the WHAT-IF questions in my life. What if I didn’t leave your dad? What if I became honest with my feelings? What if I fought for him til the end? What if I didn’t give up on him? Then this wouldn’t happen to me. Then our family would still be complete and happy.” she paused for a while to breath deeply before she continues, “Every person’s situation is different, Dara. Sometimes, what you think is the right thing to do might end up not being right at all. In some cases, you don’t really have to give up the person you love because no one really knows what is right or wrong when it comes to loving someone. Don't let the same mistake of mine happen to you as well. Don't let any WHAT-IF question unanswered. Find out and follow your heart.” My mom said, looking at me with a smile in her eyes.

 

Somehow I felt like my heart became lighter after I heard her words. Her voice suddenly brought back happy memories of my childhood days when everything is simpler, full of hope and stress free with no problems.

 

 

 

I headed back to Airbnb after I walked my mom back to her house. I told my mom I will see her again before I go back to Seoul. I got back to the Airbnb almost 8pm at night. Everyone of them were already in the house sitting at the couch watching t.v, exhausted from the last night hangover. 

 

 

The couch were occupied with the two couples. Top is lying down on the side of the couch, his head is on Bom’s lap while Yoona’s head is resting on Donghae’s shoulder while his arms wrapped around her back. Siwon is sitting on the carpet while eating popcorn. 

 

 

As soon as I entered the house, they all looked at me with concerns in their eyes. I tried to avoid looking at them as my heart started to feel heavier again just by the thoughts of him.

 

 

“How’s everyone?” I greeted them as soon as I removed my shoes.

“We’re fine. Very tired from our tour.” Bom answered while yawning.

“Yeah, I’m sleepy already.” Top added

“I still feel tired from last night. Did you already eat, Dara? Oh, We went home to visit my parents. I mentioned you’re also here. They are excited to see you again, Dara.” Yoona said in excitement.

 

“Oh, me too, I miss them. I will visit them before we leave, Yoona. Oh, Yes. I ate already with my mom. Did you guys eat already?” I asked.

 

“Yeah, we just ate. How was your mom?” Siwon greeted back.

 

“She’s fine. Nothing changed.” I told, smiling at him.

 

“That’s a relief.” Siwon responded smiling back at me.

 

 

“By the way, Dara.. We’ve decided to go hiking tomorrow before lunch.” Bom said, her eyebrows goes up and down in excitement. 

 

 

“Hiking? Where? I.. I don’t like hiking, plus I’m still exhausted from last night. I don’t think I can walk that much. Can I just pass this hiking tomorrow?” I asked them, pouting.

 

 

“Nope, we already bought tickets for all of us. This is gonna be fun! Don’t be killjoy, Dara. I’m even pregnant and I can still hike. You need some exercise!” Bom insisted.

 

 

“Don’t worry, Dara. I’ll take care of you. I told I got you.” Siwon said with a wink.

 

 

Hayzzz, I just let out a sigh defeat. 

 

—-

 

I just finished washing my face and brushing my teeth and was about to go to bed when I noticed Yoona, searching something in her luggage.

 

 

“Ahhh! I found it” she said when she saw her red lingerie.

 

 

I felt a sudden pain in my heart when I saw her holding it while imagining things in my head.

 

 

She put it inside her purse before she put her lipstick on. She fixed her hair and smiled in the mirror. “Are you going somewhere?” I asked, trying to avoid eye contact with her because I feel like my eyes annoyingly starting to fill with tears again.

 

“Yes, Dara. Donghae and I are going for an evening stroll then I asked Siwon to lend me their room for tonight. He agreed, he said he’ll sleep tonight on the couch at the basement. I will try to make love with him tonight. I think this is a great opportunity for us and besides we are getting married soon. I hate it knowing that we still hasn’t done it yet so... wish me luck, Dara!” She said excitedly. 

 

 

“Okay, enjoy and good luck.” I said to Yoona with a smile. My heart felt like it was tearing apart, and it hurts so bad.

 

 

 

Yoona drink the whole glass of wine before she smiles at me, “thank you, Dara. I’m really nervous. I’m sure we will finally do it tonight.” She said before she leave the room.

 

 

 

That night I couldn’t sleep at all. I kept on turning and tossing around the bed.

 

 

 “Can you promise me to love Yoona forever?”

 

 

“I promise.” 

 

A flashback of the truth or dare games from yesterday registered in my brain.

 

I’ve cried a bucket of tears while thinking of him and I know I do deserve it for leaving him in the first place.

 

 

—-

 

 

Author’s POV

 

 

Bom rented a van to take them to Hallasan mountain. All of them are geared up and ready for the hike. The tour guide handed each one of them a little booklet and a map of the trails they have to take in order to reach the house where they can stay for a night before they reach the summit the next day.

 

All of them started walking up. Beautiful nature surrounding them. Top and Bom are leading the way with Dara following them while Donghae and Yoona at the back of them seems a little awkward from each other since the morning. Siwon is a little far back behind because he made sure the van they rented was locked and at the right parking spot. He noticed the tension between Donghae and Yoona as he approached them.

 

Donghae approaches Siwon when he finally reached them, pretending to cough at first before he whispered, “Make sure you don’t lose sight of her. She always get lost while hiking. She is slow at direction.” Donghae said in a low voice, avoiding Siwon’s eyes.

 

“I already know that. You don’t have to worry about Dara. I will take care of her. Just look after your fiancé, hyung. Yoona doesn’t deserve this.” Siwon responded in a serious voice before walking passed Donghae.

 

Donghae let out a sigh and run towards Yoona who is walking hastily than usual. 

 

“Yah, honey...Wait for me.” Donghae said to Yoona but she just ignored him. She walked up faster even passing Bom and Top. Donghae speed up walking following her. Yoona found a stick at the edge of the trail. She picked it up but almost tripped over, good thing Donghae is fast enough to catch her before she fall. Donghae caught her holding her back, he leaned forward and stole a peck on her lips.

 

“Aww.. I feel like I’m watching a romantic movie right now.” Bom said giddily with her both hands cupping her both cheeks while secretly glancing at Dara.

 

Dara intentionally looked down on the ground, biting her lower lip, waiting for Donghae and Yoona’s scene to be over. She is obviously hurting just by looking at them.

 

 

“Thank you.” Yoona told Donghae in a low voice and continued walking.

 

 

Donghae stares at her worriedly before he grabbed her hand. “Hold me from now on until we reach the house.” He said to her.

 

 

They continue to walk up the trails following the maps they have. They passed by beautiful falls, several rivers, bridges, a flock of birds, trees and beautiful flowers. They took selfies and pictures for souvenirs.

 

 

“Ughh! I’m tired let’s me sit down first.” Bom said while fanning herself with her hands.

 

 

Siwon offered Dara the bottled water that he just had. She smiled at him before she drink it.

 

Meanwhile, there still awkward tension between Yoona and Donghae and the group is starting to notice it.

 

“Is everything okay Yoona?” Dara asked her worriedly.

 

“Yeah. I'm okay, Dara.” Yoona said, smiling at her. “I want to pee. Do they have portable potty here?” Yoona asked Dara. Dara looked at the map, pretending she knows how to read it. “Is it this one?” she said. “It looks nearby.” Dara said, “you want me to come with you?” she added.

“No, it’s okay. I’ll be quick.” Yoona said.

“I’ll just pee everyone. I’ll be quick.” Yoona said to the group while holding the map.

“I’m coming with you.” Donghae said.

“No, it’s okay, hon. I’ll be quick, promise." Yoona said and run hurriedly while reading the map.

 

Thirty minutes passed by and Yoona hasn’t come back yet. Everyone is already worried about her. Donghae told them he would follow her but he didn’t come back with her yet. Siwon told them he would look for them and he still hasn’t come back yet. Top, Bom, and Dara started to look for them as well. 

 

 

“Bom, I pointed this to Yoona, she said she will go there.” Dara said pointing at the map she’s holding to.

 

 

“This is where it is in the map, but where are they?” Bom asked us, confused. “Dara, stay here. Don’t move. Wait for us here. They’ll probably come back here as soon as they found her. I’ll look for Yoona this way. Top, look for her on that way.” Bom said.

 

Dara patiently waiting for them. She’s trying to call Yoona in her phone but she couldn’t reach her. The sun is about to set and she became more worried and scared at the same time. She turned the flashlight in her phone and reaches for her big flashlight inside her back. “Ottoke! Why are they taking so long?” She said, worriedly.

 

Dara breathes deeply to relax herself. Her phone suddenly vibrates. It was Bom calling her. “Dara! I saw Yoona and Siwon already. She got lost. Come here, take the path where I went to a while ago. You will see in the map a large picture of tree follow that, stop when see the trail M. We'll be here waiting. I already called Top, he said he already found Donghae. It’s in your LEFT SIDE where I left you, Dara. Make sure you follow the left path. Be careful. Signal here is weak." Bom said on the phone, explaining the direction to Dara.

 

“Omo! Thank God everyone is okay!! Okay, I’ll be there. Wait for me.” Dara said before she hung up the phone. “Left side.” She muttered to herself.

--

 

DARA’s POV

 

Left side. I draw something in the air and think deeply. I’m a righty so left is here. I went to the left and walked straight. It’s starting to get cold and it feels like it’s drizzling. It’s starting to get dark and I really hate this kind of feeling. I ran hastily but it seems like I’ve been running for a while now and I haven’t seen anyone of them yet. “BOM! YOONA! TOP! SIWON! HELP! ANYBODY!” I shouted from the top of my lungs but only the echoes of my voice is what I heard back.

I look at my phone and there is no network. I tried to find one by putting my phone up in the air up high but I can’t still find no signal. 

 

I AM DOOM.

 

I started panicking. My tears is started falling from eyes. It’s already dark and it looks like it’s gonna rain hard. 

 

And it did rain. I run so fast to find a shelter. I totally forgot to check my map. My map is soaking wet and all my stuff are also wet from the rain as well.

 

I tried to relax myself, telling myself I am strong woman. I don’t need anyone to rescue me. I am going to find a way to reach the house on the mountain. I looked down unconsciously holding Donghae’s star necklace that I was wearing.

 

“From now on whenever you are scared, just look at this. It’s gonna guide your way from the darkness. It will help me guide my way to find you where ever you will go..”

 

Donghae’s words echoes in my memories. I swallowed hard, ignoring the pain that is constricting in my heart. I continued walking as my tears continues flowing in my eyes. Rain and my tears mixing each other and the darkness and coldness making my body shivers. As I walked down the path I suddenly tripped over a branch of tree, hurting my ankle. 

 

I started laughing at myself. “I really deserve this because I am such a bad person! I hurt the person I really love. I really deserve this! What else do you want to throw at me?! I'm ready!" I said crying while looking up at the sky. No stars, no moon, only darkness surrounding me and the sky. 

I couldn’t help but cry.... I cried so hard and loud. I knew no one will hear me anyway.


I finally got my senses back. I tried to get up so hard to walk back with my injured ankle when I finally found a cave in the middle of nowhere. 

I wiped my tears away and tried to turn on my phone but the battery is dead. 


I told myself I’ll just wait here until morning. I’m sure someone will come and look for me.

 

My heart aches in excruciating pain because deep inside me I’m still hoping that Donghae would rescue me from the darkness just like what I was hoping when we were in the haunted house...but he never did. He came to rescue Yoona, because she's his priority now. Yoona is the present and would be his future soon. I was just the past that annoyingly came back to ruin his happiness. Of course he wouldn't remember the stupid promise he did to me because I was the one who broke him first. 
 

I suddenly felt dizzy. I started to feel the chills from the coldness of the wind and I'm soaking wet from the rain. I shivered faintly. I crouched down hugging my knees.

 

“Don’t worry, Dara. I’ll take care of you. I told you I got you.” Siwon said with a wink. 

 

Siwon’s face suddenly registered in my head.

 

“Dara!”
 

"Dara! Are you here?!!!” 

 

I heard someone shouting my name, but I have no more energy left to even scream. “I’m here.” I said very weakly.

 

"I'm here!" I tried shouting but very faint.

 

 

“I found you.” 

 

 

A light of hope suddenly registered in my eyes when a shadow flashes a bright light on me.

 

“Siwon? Is that you?” I asked him weakly before everything around me turns black.

 

 

To be continued>>>>>