The Bet: Aftermath

One More Chance

 

AUTHOR's POV
 



The people in the cafe was busy with their own things when a popular song suddenly played on. What caught their attention was when a petite woman wearing a sunglasses just suddenly walked in front of the center and surprisingly danced along to the music.


Almost everyone turned to stare at her, their jaws all dropped open.


"Is that really....Dara?" Yoona brought her hand to in shock when Dara started to dance.



Siwon clenched his jaw as he tried his very best  to supress his laughters while taking a video of her, but he burst out when he saw Dara's serious look on her face when she started to sway her hips.


Donghae bit his lips so hard, desperately stopping the smile threatening to break his lips. Under the table, he secretly pinched and cursed himself to control his funny feelings deep inside. He deeply sighed and cleared his throat before he averted and gazed out of the window, frantically trying to sort his head out. Trying to ignore those familiar feelings he felt. Those feelings that could only bring back painful memories and further confusion.


He just closed his eyes and breathed deeply before he slowly looked up to the window glass to watch for Dara's reflection.

 

When the music slowly died down, a silence engulfed the whole cafe that you could even heard a tiny pin drop.


Everyone's attention was focused on Dara who was staring at the ground wishing it would suddenly open up and swallow her whole so that she could disappear forever but Siwon immediately clapped his hands and the crowd started to follow, cheering for her. Some even shouted encore.



Dara slowly lifted her eyes off the floor but seemed to be frozen on her spot. She still couldn't believe what she just did. When she snapped out of her trance, she immediately looked down while blushing really hard. She quickly walked towards their table with her head down, only lifted it when she looked up at her friends.


Yoona was speechless and was still dumbfounded. Siwon innocently gave her a sweet smile which she immediately ignored. Her eyes subconsciously landed on Donghae who was still pretending he was looking out of the glass window. He immediately rolled his eyes and bit his lips when he saw Dara's reflection looking at him. Dara immediately sputtered many prayers and curses on her head and without saying anything, she quickly picked up her purse and ran off towards the door.



"Dara!" Siwon shouted as he ran after her. When they got outside the cafe, Siwon caught her arm which made her stop but Dara brushed it off immediately.



"Get away from me." Dara weakly said with her trembling voice.



"I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean to----" Siwon worriedly said while facing Dara's back but she quickly cut him off.
 


"I want to be alone. You go home. Don't worry about me. I'll just take a bus later." she cut off, her voice was on the verge of tears.
 


Siwon deeply sighed before he suprisingly pulled Dara into a hug. "I said get away from me!" Dara screamed and tried to push him away but Siwon only held on more tightly, especially when his eyes landed on Donghae who was walking out the cafe with Yoona.



"I hate you, Siwon! I hate you so much! I really hate you a lot!" Dara shouted but eventually burst into tears.
 


Siwon bit his lips, thinking the right words to say. A feeling of guilt quickly overtook him inside.



"I hate you...Siwon...I hate you...so much." she weakly said in between her sobs. She sniffled at every words she said. Waterfalls of tears were now running down Dara's cheeks. She didn't know why she was making this a big deal but she really wanted to cry. She just couldn't control it. It was probably from the shame she felt or maybe....she just couldn't handle all the pain in her heart anymore.



"I'm sorry, Dara. It's all my fault. I told myself I would make you happy but what the heck did I do... I'm so stupid. I'm really stupid. I'm sorry, Dara. I'm really sorry for making you cry. I'm sorry. Please, please forgive me, Dara. I will do anything. I promise I will do anything just...just please don't hate me." Siwon sincerely said but Dara still repeatedly saying she hated him in between her sobs.
 


"Please don't hate me. Please no, Dara. Please don't say that. Please don't cry anymore. I will do anything to make you forgive me. Just stop crying now, Dara...please?

Ahh! Do you want me to walk on the street? I'll do it it now. I'll do anything. Just don't cry anymore. I really hate seeing you cry. You don't know how much it hurts me.

Promise me, don't cry anymore, okay? I will never let you cry again. I promise. I just want you to be happy." Siwon softly said, hugging her tightly. Dara didn't respond to him but she calmed down a little bit. Siwon then looked at her and cupped her face. He wiped away her tears with his thumbs and gave her a sweet smile before he pulled away.



He then unbuckled his belt, ped his zipper, and was about to take his shirt off but Dara immediately stopped him. "Yah! What the heck are you doing?!" Dara yelled with her wide open eyes, still sobbing softly.



"I told you I will do anything to make you happy. I will do anything even to walk across the street or if you want, I will go back to the cafe and walk there like umm...a ramp model. Do you want me also to dance there? I'll do it . I'll do anything you want just please stop crying, Dara." Siwon pleaded.


"Yah! What do you think of me erted?!" Dara gulped." "Besides, a bet is a bet. You won so you don't need to do that. Idiot." Dara said, sniffling but almost laugh a little bit.
 


Siwon somehow felt relieve when he saw Dara smiled slightly. He immediately stepped closer towards her and held her hands together.

 

"I'm really sorry, Dara. I'll do anything you want. I promise. Just please don't say you hate me. It really pains me a lot." Siwon said while looking deeply into her eyes.


"Just go home. I still need some fresh air." Dara replied back, averting her eyes as she released her hands on his.


"It's okay. I'll wait for you. I'll be quiet. Just let me stay beside you, Dara...please?" Siwon insisted but Dara started walking already.



"Dara, where are you going? It's already getting dark. It is cold already. You might get sick. Let's go back now...please?" Siwon added while following her.
 


"Just go home. Stop following me!" Dara firmly said.



"No, Dara. I'll go wherever you will go."




Dara stopped after a few step and swallowed hard as she tried to control the rest of her tears from falling down. "Fine. Get your car now. I'll wait for you here." 


"A-are you sure? But-----" Siwon furrowed his brows, hesitating if she would really wait for him when Yoona suddenly approached him to whisper something.


"It's okay, Siwon. Don't worry, I'll watch for her.

Wait, oh I know what she really wanted. I'm sure she will forgive you if you gave her that. Come on, I saw a store nearby when we were walking a while ago. I'll come with you. Don't worry. I'll help you out, Siwon. You guys will definitely make up in no time.

Hon, watch Dara, okay? Make sure she wouldn't leave." Yoona suggested.
 

Siwon glared at Donghae with a meaning behind it. He was hesitating but Yoona quickly pulled his hands and dragged him to the mini store nearby.




===


DARA's POV



I'll go wherever you will go.

 

 



I'll go wherever you will go.

 

 




I'll go wherever you will go.

 




Stop! Ugh! Those words kept repeating over and over my head like a broken record.

 


How could I ever forget this feelings when everything reminds me of him.

 

 

When all I could ever think of is him.

 

 

When all I could damn see and hear is HIM.

 

 

Seriously! Everywhere I looked, all I could see was his face!

 

 

Literally!




For example, I was just walking by when I suddenly stumbled a big fish on the ground. When I looked up at the sky, I could even see flying fishes! Then suddenly I heard his voice behind me. I quickly casted a glance. I was sure that I'd seen him, but as soon as I turned back, it was just a guy with a fish on his head. 


I am really going crazy. Just every time my eyes landed on a sight of any tall, darkish-brown haired man with similar bone structure was enough to trick my mind into thinking it was him, but the thing was they all have a fish head! 



Perfect. Just perfect. I scoffed. His face is everywhere even when I looked at the flowers I see him.
 

 

I think I'm really going crazy! 




I took a breath, taking as much air as I could take before I continued walking. My eyes immediately landed on a big lot just nearby the cafe. I bit my lip as I tried to control this damn tears again. It was just a park for Pete's sake! The park when we...fishboy and I, used to hang out often right after school. 


Perfect. I deeply sighed.


We usually buy foods at Mrs. Kwon's cafe then bring it here on the park for a picnic. This was where I asked him what he wanted to do after college, and he answered me that his only dreams was to be with me forever. I laughed sarcastically at myself as the memories of the past continued playing through my mind. 
 

 

It felt like it just only happened yesterday.




The sweet memories of this place suddenly flooded my mind as I walked around the park further. I wrapped my arms around my stomach. The pain in my chest was just too much that it radiated in every part of my body.


I let my eyes scanned around the park to see that not much had changed at all. Though it was getting dark, there were still a few people. Some were walking with their dogs and on the grass were almost all couples. I quickly averted my gaze enviously, not wanting to see those cheesy creatures! I sighed again.



I continued walking, looking around. Drowning myself in those bitter sweet memories of the past when my eyes suddenly widened. A smile quickly formed into my lips when my gaze landed on a big old tree that had multiple names carved into it. 



Under that tree was our favorite spot on the park. That was where we usually meet each other after school....our tree. He even suggested we engraved our names in there so everyone could see our love, so it will never be erased, so it will stay there just like our everlasting love.

 

Aisssh! He was so cheesy ever since. I just laughed to cover up the pain.



I quickly ran to it and softly touched the carvings, looking for our names but strangely, I could not find them anymore.



Now, I know it was just all lies. I'm sure our carved names had already been erased by those long years I had been gone. This tree will soon grow old and die, and they will have to replace it with a new and a better one. A new happiness, a new love...



I bit my lips to hold my tears back when I suddenly felt a familiar sensation of being watched. I looked around and saw a tall hot guy not far away from where I was, staring at me deeply. 
 


Not again! Pffft! Well, at least he really does look so real now. No more fish head. Ha ha. I sighed. Perhaps, I really need a psychotherapist. If only they could cure this heart....


This was exactly like the past when I was waiting for him under our tree. I gave him a sweet smile just like before, thinking that he was just my imagination but....


Wait a minute!!!!
 


Why was he still there?! He should definitely disappear by now. Okay, this was freaking me out. Was he really just my imagination? I had to blink several times and rub my eyes before I realized he was the real one! 



My heart suddenly stopped as a shiver ran down my spine. I felt my eyes open really wide and my mouth unconsciously dropped open wide. I didn't know what to do so I subconsciously hid behind the tree. 




"No way. I-is that h-him?!

That's really him!

That's definitely him!  

But w-why?

Is he following me?!

No!

Wait, he must be with Yoona. Right?" I secretly and carefully peeked over from the tree to see if Yoona was with him but no he was alone. My mind was still in deep thoughts when he quickly caught my eyes!

 

Our eyes met and another shiver ran down again through me. I quickly looked away and hid again behind the tree, clutching my chest and gasping like I saw a ghost. I suddenly felt a butterflies in my stomach and a deep blush creeped into my cheeks.



"Oh for gods sake this is ridiculous why am I acting like a silly school girl who just caught by her crush looking at him!

Calm down, Dara! It is just him." I swallowed hard.

"Yup, it is just HIM!

In this place!

With you!


Waaaaaaah! Is this day couldn't get any worse?!"


"Wait a minute! Why am I acting like I've never experience worse than this. For Pete's sake, Dara! You and him are living under one roof! You even came across him inside the bathroom!

See, this park is for anyone so he could go here anytime he want! He was just probably waiting for Yoona....right.

They must be always here.

I'm sure they also carved their names in this tree.

It's probably their tree now...


I deeply sighed again, trying my hardest to calm my mind, especially my heart but it was no use.

 

I just couldn't!



OMG! It was really him! I can't believe I freaking smiled at the real him!

Wait!!!

D-did he saw my reaction when I saw our tree? I mean their tree or this tree! Whoever owned this tree!

Ugggggggh!

OMG.... D-did he saw me looking for our carved names too?!

Aisssssh!

What would he think now?! That I still remember all of those cheesy things.

No way! No freaking way!

 Uggggh! Why am I so stupid?! Aigoo! 

  

I was scolding myself when my eyes suddenly landed on a familiar creature that started all of this misery of mine. I don't hate dogs but it was really their fault why was I in this kind of situation!


"Wait a minute... I know you! 

You, doggie!

Yeah, you big black doggie! Come here! Tsssu! Come back here! This is all your fault! You know?! You and your girlfriend! 

Bad doggie! Did your owner even taught you that it is rude to do those kind of stuff in front of many people?! Do you even know the word CHASTITY or PRIVACY or something like that?! GRRR!

Wait a minute... why are you alone anyway? Where is your girlfriend huh?! Did she already leave you?! HA HA!

What took her so long?! Tsk!" I released my anger at the poor dog while still hiding behind the tree.


I was about to preach the dog more but somehow the dog seemed got mad and upset to what I said so he barked at me in reply. I flinched a little bit but it didn't stop me from blaming the dog. Well, it was really their fault!


"Wow! Now, you are mad at me?! Do you even know what did I did back there because of your...I don't know...erted act!

Y-you have no rights to be mad at me! At all! erted doggie! Hmp!" I bravely pointed at the dog who seemed to be gazing at me but I quickly gulped nervously when the dog started to bark non-stop.



"Aigooo. Ottoke? He really seemed to understand everything I said." I took a step back, nervously biting on my nails until I pinned myself hard against the tree.


"Okay, calm down doggie. I'm just joking....you know. Why so serious? Ha ha!"


"WOOOP!" 


"Oh, come on! I don't really mean what I said a while ago. I know you are a good doggie. I just got kind of carried away....my bad. >gulped<
Why don't you go back to your owner now? They must be looking for you already. Go!" I said, trembling while gesturing the dog to go away but it was no use. The dog didn't stop barking at me.


"Woop! Woop! Woop!" He barked, he barked, and he barked some more.


"Aigoo! Come on, good doggie! I said sorry already! What else do you want me to do?!

Ahh!

Why don't you go look for your girlfriend instead? She definitely miss you soooo much! Come on go get her! Canood-tooot her again! Ughh Siwon! 

Haha! I mean do whatever you want! Promise, I don't really mind!

Go and multiply! Hail you good doggie! Tssu! Go! Hurry up and make more babies!" I tried to please him but it was no use.


OH MY GAD! I really made him mad!


I tried to get away slowly but surely from the big erted dog but he still kept following me.


"What is wrong with you, doggie?! Go away! I said look for your girlfriend! Why are you still following me? Wait a minute! I'm not your girlfriend! You would not want me to become your girlfriend. Promise! I am not even good in---" "Wooop!" 

 

"Mommy!"



I was so scared to death. I could feel my whole body was shaking and my heart kept pounding every time the dog barked at me. I just didn't know what to do. I was so confused and my mind was not working properly. I wanted to run but I was sure he would chase and bite me until he fully swallowed all my flesh and organs in my body. 


Aigoo! I was such an idiot for blaming the poor dog! Now he was really mad at me!


I didn't know what had gotten into me but all I could think of was him. I had no choice but to ate my pride. I quickly looked for Donghae, helpless with my begging eyes. My heart even beat faster while thinking that he would definitely come and save me like he usually does before.


My heart skipped a beat, literally when our eyes finally met again. I know that he hated me so much but somehow I was sure deep inside, he would still help me at all cost. I was still his old best friend. I was definitely sure I still have just a little even just a little tiny space in his heart. That he would never ever leave me in this kind of situation. That he would still protect me no matter how much I hurt him in the past. That he still the fishboy I know deep inside his heart...
 


but I was wrong.



My chest felt really tight when my prince and knight in shining armor quickly looked down and walked away...very far away from my helpless heart. My eyes suddenly became a fountain of tears. I was not exactly sure if it was because of the big dog in front of me or maybe....

...maybe because of a voice that kept repeating in my head over and over again. Either or, it really made my heart shattered into a million, billion, even trillion pieces again and again and again.



"No matter what happens, I'll always be here to protect you, rabbit. I promise I will be your light in the darkness."



====


AUTHOR's  POV



Donghae kept following Dara like what Yoona asked him to do. He had to stay and watch for her because Yoona told him to do so. Nothing more, nothing less.

 

Well, that was what Donghae kept telling to himself.


 

He was following her not taking his eyes off even for just a second. He was so worried but he kept denying it to himself.  

 

Of course I was not worried! It was just natural for a person to feel this way, especially when a person I knew was walking on a side walk but seemed to be spacing out. Donghae persuaded himself though he couldn't even ease himself whenever a car was passing by.

He even felt like his heart stopped when Dara had almost gotten hit by a bicycle who was carrying a bucket of fishes. Fortunately, the driver quickly swerved to avoid her, making the fishes flew and scattered around the ground. Yet, she didn't even noticed it at all. Seriously?! She must be kidding! He muttered.


Donghae just shook his head but sighed deeply in relief that she was fine before he scolded the guy who was driving it. 


The ajusshi who was driving the bicycle asked Donghae if he knew Dara. He also asked him to pay for the wasted fishes he was supposed to sell. They were both arguing and blaming each other when Dara suddenly looked at them blankly. Donghae's heart somehow skipped a beat. He quickly grabbed a fish from the ajusshi's hand and covered it to his face. He felt relieve when Dara didn't recognize him and just sighed in defeat to the ajusshi who was looking at him like he was some kind of weirdo. He just gave him a money to shut up.


Donghae continued following Dara while unconsciously holding a fish on his hand. Every time she turned around, he quickly hid himself somewhere with that fish on his hand. He felt like he was a ninja yet a stalker one because he even tried to jump on a fence just to hide from her. He couldn't explain why neither and that irritated him so much.


He even got irritated more when a bunch of guys who were walking across them seemed to be hitting on her but Donghae quickly casted a ninja glare towards them one by one. Thankfully, those guys felt his death glare and quickly walked away. 


Donghae finally sighed in relief when she saw Dara walked into a park, a much safer place, he thought, but a strange feeling over took him quickly. 


For some unknown reason, Donghae was suddenly frozen on his spot. Yet, he was still following Dara with his gaze. He sighed again but this time his eyes was tearing up. He wasn’t sure why he was tearing up though. He seemed so confused with his feelings and thoughts. His mind was racing like crazy he could even hardly concentrate why.


His heart then suddenly constricted when he saw Dara's reaction to the big old tree. Their tree..."Well, it used to be our tree." he muttered to himself.


The past memories just continuously flashing back to haunt him. Everything to him seemed so familiar yet so strange. It felt like it was so right for him to feel this way, yet it was very wrong. He was somehow afraid of her.... of this. Of these feelings that he shouldn't be able to feel or he wasn't allowed to feel. 


He tried to shrug off the pain but somehow the pain in his chest even got doubled when her eyes landed on his. Then, it just gotten worse  when he saw her smile once again...

 

That smile that once melted his heart.


He quickly closed his eyes and mentally scolded himself, remembering all the painful memories she had only brought to him.

 

It had taken five years for him to get to where he was mentally - five whole years to block out those feelings, to banish them completely. He tried to learn that those feelings could only cause him pain. Unbearable pain. Pain that had almost killed him deep inside.


He exhaled deeply before he slowly opened his eyes, but only to meet her big brown eyes once again. Donghae gulped nervously as his heart somehow skipped a beat. He was about to avert his gaze but Dara quickly hid behind the tree. He couldn't explain it but he subconsciously chuckled at her reaction.


After a few minutes, Donghae decided to walk closer so he could see her behind that tree. Just making sure she was alright but as usual she was not.

"Aissh! I knew it. What is wrong with her?! Why is she yelling to that dog?! What if that suddenly chase her?! She is really stupid." He shook his head and sighed hard, worriedly.


He was watching her, contemplating if he would go there just to scold her for yelling to an innocent dog -well that was a good excuse- when it suddenly barked at her. 


He put his hand on his forehead and shook his head slightly, sighing heavily. He just knew this would happen. He slowly looked up and

their eyes met again. This time he knew she needed his help but somehow he felt like he was glued on his spot. No matter how much he told himself to move, he just couldn't.


He clenched his fist in frustration to himself. His heart was dictating him to go and save her but his mind was telling him not to fall again to her trap.

 

He could feel the air suddenly became frozen affecting his mind and his heart. All he could do was to stare at her with his hurt and confused eyes but then...

...he suddenly looked down. He couldn't take to look at her anymore. 

He just couldn't look at her hurting and so helpless because somehow it pain him inside...

...because it was only bringing back the feelings he shouldn't be able to feel. 


Before he did something else he quickly muttered, "I can't do this"leaving Dara staring after him with her broken heart.

 

=



The pain in Donghae's heart was just too much to bear. He felt like it was killing him slowly deep inside. He was very hurt and so confused that he felt like everything around him was just a blur until he snapped out when he heard Yoona's voice, asking where Dara was. Donghae looked at Yoona blankly then swallowed hard. His hand unconsciously clenched into fists and without thinking, he suddenly broke into a ran to follow his foolish heart.

 

 


====



DARA POV's



His voice repeatedly echoed in my mind as I watched him walked away. Then suddenly everything became blurry. I gasped for air, feeling really suffocated from this excruciating pain in my chest.



The pain was just too much to bear. I broke down in my knees and cried my whole shattered heart in the middle of the park, not caring to the people who could see me.



God, it hurts like hell. I cried to myself as I was trying my hardest to ignore his voice that kept repeating in my head...PLEASE STOP!

 


"No matter what happens, I'll always be here to protect you, rabbit. I promise I will be your light in the darkness."

 

 

When suddenly...



"I'm sorry I left you all alone..."



...I felt the world and my heart just suddenly stopped the moment I heard his voice. I slowly lifted my head up and burst into more tears.

 


I shook my head, my lip quivering. "No. Thank you for coming back." I cried hard as I ran into his arms.




To Be Continued>>>>

 


 

A/N

I know...

Sorry for the cliffhanger! LOL

Well, for sure you know who that voice was anyway.

Sorry if the story timeline was kind of slow too. 

Well the timeline is not important yet but just for clarification, Dara has just been staying in Donghae's house for not even a week yet.

It was only Thursday on this chappie. Friday they will go to Bom's house. Then on Saturday they will go to JEJU for a week.

LOTS OF THINGS WILL HAPPEN ON JEJU so watch out for it;3

What else?

Oh, the bathroom scene is next!

I will update again SOON if I get over my lazziness. lol

SORRY FOR THE ERRORS and for the Boring 

chappie.

LEAVE COMMENTS AND SUBSCRIBE.

Thank you so much:))

LOTS OF LOVE ROYALS