One Question Before I Leave

One More Chance

Fast Forward►




Recap: (Continuation of Chapter 11)  

Dara's POV 




I was lying down on my bed, trying my best to fall asleep but I just couldn't despite how tired my body, my mind, especially my heart were. Just every time I tried to close my eyes, I could only see his face and his cold stares, and that really makes my heart aches painfully.


"All right! I better stop this drama. I think I need a shower. Yes, a warm shower might help me fall asleep, and maybe...", I said to myself as I weakly sat upright on the bed. I paused for a while and a sudden bitter smile formed on my lips as I continued,"...maybe it could also help me wash all this pain away." I silently cracked the door open to peek outside just to make sure I wouldn't come across that certain person I wouldn't want to see at that time.


I silently closed the door and tip-toed quietly on my way towards the bathroom like a little mouse hiding from a big cat. I let out a sigh of relief when I successfully entered the bathroom without making any noises. I quickly washed my face with cold water and looked at my reflection on the mirror. My eyes then landed on the star necklace around my neck. I smiled bitterly and told myself, "You have to be happy for him. Let him go. Forget him, Dara." I audibly sighed as I struggled to hold back my tears. I forced myself to smile while I slowly took the star necklace off around my neck. Then I held it in my palm tightly before I put it inside my pocket.  

"You can do it, Dara. Fighting!" I tried to say it cheerfully with my fist up in the air but I still couldn't hide the unbearable pain inside my heart. I let out another sigh before I started to take off my clothes one by one, getting myself ready for a warm shower. I was starting to unclasp my bra when all of a sudden the door flew wide open. 

I was taken aback and didn't know how to react at that moment. I was so shocked and embarrassed at the same time. Without thinking, I just closed my eyes and covered my body with both of my hands. 



"YAAAAAAH! SOMEONE IS HERE!!!" I shrieked loudly. 


I sighed in relief when I heard the door closed immediately, but strangely, I could still see the person's feet when I opened my eyes halfway. I wrinkled my nose and slowly looked up furiously to that person who entered the bathroom without even knocking. He was in front of the door couple feet away from me. I was ready to explode, but I quickly froze when my gaze fell on those intense brown eyes looking right into mine as well. My heart suddenly pounded forcibly in my chest like I was having a heart attack.



It was Donghae! The one and only person I was avoiding to in my life was here with me inside the bathroom AGAIN! Plus... /gulped/ ...I was almost ! Aigoo! 
I felt my face quickly turned bright red with embarrassment, especially when my eyes slid down on his bare chest.

Donghae just stood there looking at me blankly like a zombie. Hello?! Like it was not a big deal! 





/Inhale/ 




/Exhale/ 



Alright. I'm okay. Calm down, Dara. It's only him...Without a shirt...In the bathroom...With you...Almost .


WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! 


This is not okay!, I shook my head and gasped, as much air as I could into my lungs to find my all of a sudden missing voice.



"Chu? Wae? Y-yo-you? Haist! Y-you! You again?!" I uttered some incoherent words before I finally uttered my words clearly. "W-what are you doing here?! Can't you see I'm using the bathroom? Go away! Get the hell out here! Get out quick!" I said furiously.



Donghae just gave me a cold stare, glaring me from head to toe before rolling his eyes. Instead of doing what I said, he turned his back to lock the door and began to walk towards me.




My eyes and my mouth dropped wide open. Unbelievable!




"The door was unlocked so I entered." he said calmly.


"T-then you should have knocked first you, PE-ERT! You are so unbelievable! Haist!

We-wait! We-where you think you are going, huh?!" I gulped nervously as he come to me closer and closer.


"YAAAAA! LEE DONGHAE!" I panicked and stepped back until I hit the wall. My initial reaction for some reason was to cover my bra which hang loosely on my shoulders with just my hands. 


"What the hell are you doing, Lee Donghae?! Yaah!

Come on! You better get the hell out of here or I promise I will.../gulped/...scream.Out.Loud!" I said with my voice almost squeaking. I tried not to stutter but my heart was not really helping.



"Tsk. Do it if you can. Besides, why are you acting like that? I saw all of that already." he said with a smirk.
"YU-YOU, ERT!" I gritted my teeth. My jaw dropped even more when he began to unbuckle his belt.


"YAH! W-WHAT THE HELL?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" I gulped nervously.  "Stop right there or else I...um...I will hit you! I will really hit you wi-with...", I looked around to find something that will scare him but I only saw a toilet plunger. I quickly grabbed it and pointed it at him like it was some kind of a deadly weapon, "...I will definitely hit you with this thing!" I threatened.


"Puha!" Donghae let out a small chuckle. He just averted his eyes to suppress his laughter but he never stopped walking closer like I told him to.


My mind and my heart couldn't think straight anymore as he drew closer and closer. My mind was telling me to move away, to get far away from him, but my body seemed to felt heavier. My heart was pounding very fast but seeing him like this at the same time pained me very much. I couldn't help not to think if this was his way of torturing me. Seeing him right now in front of me, I couldn't help but compare myself. He was very cold and calm like I was nothing to him. 



Compared to me...I couldn't even control my heart.



I snapped out of my thoughts when he stopped directly in front of the toilet plunger I was holding to.



"Otokke! What I should I do? What should I do?" I muttered to myself. I was frozen from my spot just like the statue of liberty but instead of a torch, I was holding a toilet plunger. Sandara Park, the statue of the toilet plunger. Very funny. Aigoo!



I gulped nervously when I met his eyes. He glared at me before he slowly took the plunger away from my hand.
"I'm going to pee." he said with a smirk as he leaned his face closer to mine. I swallowed the lump in my throat when my eyes landed on his red lips just an inch away from my face. 



Then his words suddenly hit me, "Huh?" I choke out.



Donghae just sighed in reply and turned to the toilet bowl as he ped his pants.



"YA-YaAAAAH! Wa-what do you think you are you doing!? Wa-what is wrong with you?! Do-don't do that in front of me!" I said with a look of disgust. I could feel my sweat dripping from my forehead, my body became warmer, and my eyes nearly popped out of the socket. I tried to step back more, pressing myself really hard to the wall. "P-P-ert!" I managed to choke out.


"I really.../deep breath/...need...to...pee." Donghae said slowly, closing his eyes like he was really enduring it very hard. He deeply sighed before he turned at me, blushing. Our eyes met again. At that moment, I was half-panic, half-disbelief. My heart races so fast. I don't know what to do. I tried to open my mouth to say something but he immediately cut me off.


"Haissst! Yoona is in our bathroom for almost an hour now. I really do have to go so bad. I can't hold it in any longer, so PLEASE?" he gritted his teeth as he tried to keep his liquid in. His eyes pleaded with me, and I had no doubt that he was telling the truth.


I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out except a small croak. My eyes grew wider when Donghae quickly pulled his pants down and began to pee. "Ahhhh... Finally!" his eyes sparkled in relief. He slowly shifted his eyes down at me who was stood frozen, gaping at him in disbelief.




[PISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS~~~
 ♪ ♪ ♪]


"Ahhh..." He said while peeing.  Then a mischievous grin suddenly formed on his face. "What are you looking at? ERT." he teased in a seductive but irritating voice, making my skin scrawl and blushed deeply at the same time.


I gulped nervously and quickly averted my eyes into nowhere. I was taken a back, shocked, my eyes was wide open looking straight into space.


Seriously? This is ridiculous! What is he trying to do? He could have just asked me to get out first or he could've just gone to the bathroom downstairs. Why here? Why when I'm here? Aigoo! What am I thinking? Is this really happening right now? What should I do?! Damn! My stupid brain couldn't function at all! Otoke? Otoke? Otoke?! Stupid brain. Stupid FISH. Stupid HEART!, I swung my head unbelievingly from side to side.

One thing is for sure. He is such a ert!, Those thoughts kept repeating in my head over and over again when what he said finally hit me.


Wait, did he just say I'm---"WHAT?!"
I quickly turned to glare at Donghae with my huge furious eyes, "Wait a minute! What did you just say?! Me? erted?!"


"Yup!" Donghae replied, looking up the ceiling while completely emptying his bladder.  


"E-excuse me? Me? erted?" I repeated, this time with my eyes that could definitely penetrate a skull.


Donghae just sighed again in reply and looked down to get a toilet paper. I unconsciously followed his gaze down. Too late when I realized what I did. I gulped and quickly covered my eyes but peeked through my fingers, curious to see his reaction.



"Imagining something?" he teased, but he was blushing.


"Of course not! YO-YOUUU!!! You are the one who is ERTED here! You could have just joined Yoona in your OWN bathroom in your room or you could have gone downstairs instead!  I'm not a ert, YOU ARE! A.ERTED.FISH!" I retorted, still covering my eyes with my right hand to pretend that I was innocent. Well, I really was innocent!


"Don't call me that again." He replied. His expression turned serious all of a sudden. "Pffft! Why?! Because you are affected, ERTED Fii-fish?" I quickly bit my lip when I realized I just called him by his pet name like I used to before.


Donghae just sighed before he said, "This is my house so this is also MY OWN bathroom. Besides, you could have just walked out instead, but you did not so it means you did enjoy it." he added, trying to fight a naughty smile while pulling his pants up. "Oh come on, don't be shy. You looked like you were imagining something while looking down here. I don't really mind if you share it. ERT." 


/Breath in/ 
/Breath out/


/Breath in/
/Breath out/



Dara, calm down. Inhale, exhale, I clenched my fists, and took deep breaths to calm myself couple of times but I couldn't contain it anymore.

I exploded.


"YAAAAAAAAA! LEE DONGHAE! YOU ARE SUCH A ERT!" I screamed out loud, punching his bare arms as hard as I could many times.

"UGH! ERT!, ERT!"


Donghae turned to face me and quickly covered my mouth while whispering, "You don't want to make a commotion here again in the bathroom. Do you?!" 

I quickly calmed down a bit when I remembered what happened last night in the kitchen's bathroom. I exhaled deeply and worriedly wait if somebody outside heard my scream.


Few seconds passed by, nobody knocked the door or asked me what was wrong. We both sighed in relief. I looked up at him and he did the same. We instantly turned red when our eyes met, realizing how close our faces were.


We both averted our gazes, pretending to look back at the door. 
I bit my lip so hard while sputtering curses in my head.


Ugh! Damn it. This is definitely not the right way to forget him.


My heart was pumping so fast I couldn't hardly breathe. I got a strange feeling in my stomach and I could feel my knees trembling weakly. I breathed deeply, trying to relax my troubled heart somehow when my eyes landed on his hand still covering my mouth. 



My eyes went huge when a sudden thought hit me.



"Di-did you just../gulped/..yo-your hand?" I tried to ask even though his hand was still covering my mouth but I just...eww.


"Huh?" he asked, furrowing his brow in confusion.

I tried to speak calmly but, "Remove.Your.Hand from my mouth! NOW!" I quickly brushed of his hand in disgust but Donghae quickly covered my mouth again with the same hand.


"HUSH! What is wrong with you?! They might hear you." Donghae hissed.


"YAH!" I gritted, brushing his hand away from me. "You didn't even wash your hands yet, and you...gross!" I said in disgust while looking at his hand he used to cover my mouth. We both talking in a whispering mode.


"Ahhh... Pfffft! What is the big deal? Besides, you already--" he stopped when I gave him a death glare. I held my fists up, threatening him to shut his mouth off.


"What is the big deal, huh?!"I mocked his tone of voice, "Because I'm not a ERT like YOU! Besides, who likes to remember your small JUNIOR anyway?! Tsk! Gross!" I retorted, rolling my eyes. I quickly bit my lip to suppress the laughter that was threatening to break through when I saw his reaction.


"Y-YOU!" He gulped, irritatedly. He exhaled deeply but all of a sudden grinned mischievously, "Tsk! Really, huh? I wonder who is more erted between us." He added with an evil smile. He then intentionally coughed and cleared his throat like he was about to sing.


"Waaaah! I can't believe he still keeping this pink crotchless underwear." he scoffed, imitating my voice while poking his finger in the air.


My eyes went wider, nearly popped out of the socket when my brain fully registered what he said.  I slowly looked at him in confusion for several seconds. I gulped before I manage to say, "H-how? I almost croaked, "Di-did you saw--" I stammered really bad while Donghae was smiling at me teasingly.



Damn it! I couldn't hardly think right now. I couldn't even speak straight! How did he freaking know those things?! Did he see me in their room? Otokkeeeeee? No!!! Wait! If he knew I was there, then why did he mistook me for Yoona? 


The images of Donghae as he mistook me for Yoona, the kiss and hug over the blanket flashed back to my head all over again. 


I miss you so much...


I love you...



Yoona.



Those words hit me sharply right through my heart. I felt like it was squeezing in so much pain upon hearing those words directly from him. Those words that was used to be mine...was already meant for somebody else. If only I could wish it was for me.

 

I shook my head slightly to erase those thoughts.

 

No. It's impossible. Don't you dare imagine those words were for you, Dara. Don't be delusional. Even though deep inside I wanted him back, but it was very impossible. You have had too much pain already. I don't think you can handle more pain if you continued this. Let him go, Dara. Stick to your plan.


"Fine. I'm a ert. Happy? Are you finish? If so, you may leave now." I said in a serious tone. My heart felt very exhausted and it was in so much pain. My mind was telling me to give up. I wanted to stop or else I don't know how long I could still control my heart.


"Tsk. Finally, you admitted it. No wonder why you didn't lock the door from the first place." he said, rolling his eyes to the side. 


"I guess so." I uttered weakly. 



Out of nowhere he slammed his hand against the wall, trapping me in a little space inside his arms, "I guess so?!" he repeated, giving me a death glare before he continued, "What if somebody else barge in here and took advantage of you?! It is mandatory for a GIRL like YOU to LOCK the door WHERE EVER you are, especially if you live with other men! Tsk. You never really change at all!" he blurted out. He gulped when he noticed my reaction.


I was taken aback by his action. My heart felt like it skipped a beat at that moment. Our gazes locked for a few seconds but for me it felt like eternity.
I could see in his eyes that he was hurting and it tripled the pain in my heart. 




/BOOM!/



A sudden boom of thunder snapped me out of my reverie. I quickly looked down to avoid his gaze. My heart felt like it was about to jump out of my chest not because of the loud sound of that thunder, but because of the way he was looking at me.


He also averted his eyes and cleared his throat few times before he spoke again.

/Ehem/ /Ehem/  "Or maybe...", he gulped, "...maybe you are waiting for someone to come here and take a shower with you, huh?

Are you really that desperate?!" he scoffed, rolling his eyes to the side.



My eyes went wide when his words hit my ears. I quickly glared at him in disbelief. I rolled my eyes and exhaled deeply to calm myself somehow.


"Pfft! If somebody accidentally opened the door when I'm here, I'm definitely sure they wouldn't do what you did just now! You are the only person I know who is erted here!" I retorted.

"erted fish." I muttered to myself.


Donghae let out a sarcastic chuckle, "Wow! How sure you are about that?! Are you a psychic? How about now? What do you think I am thinking right now?" He asked in a sarcastic, seducing tone. He tilted his head to the side while leaning down closer and closer to my exposed neck.


I bit my lip and gulped nervously. Sputtering curses in my head to wake up. I breathed deeply before I manage to find my voice, "I know. I know also that there are only two men living here in your house. It's either you and Siwon, but I know Siwon is not bad as you are." I closed my eyes and took a deep breath one more time as I tried to fight off the tears trying desperately to flow. "I...trust him." I said weakly while avoiding his gaze. 


Donghae paused and just let out an ironic smirk while nodding his head up and down before he stood upright and faced me. He looked at me straight into my eyes, "I see. Are you really that easy?" he asked. He stared at me incredulously, hurt evident in his features.


My heart skipped painfully in my chest. It hurt so much to see him this close but yet so far. I bit my lower lip so hard to fight the tears that was trying to escape my eyes. Damn it. It hurt so bad.

I tried my best to smile to show him how worst I really was. To show him not to worry for hurting me like this because I was not deserving to have his heart. To show him to move on from the past and be happy away from me.


"Yes, I am this easy. You didn't know that by now? Now, go away and leave me alone." I said, pushing him away from me. I immediately went to the sink and pretended to be busy fixing my dirty clothes. 


Donghae just stood from his spot, looking down at the floor for a few seconds. I was about to put on my robe when he grabbed my arm all of a sudden. 


"What?!" I asked in an annoyed tone. I tried to brush his hand off my arm but he was holding me tight.


He looked at me all of a sudden with a pained expression in his eyes. I quickly averted my gaze. I couldn't even look at him like that. My heart was constricting painfully at the sight of him. It was dictating me different things against my mind. I was very confused. It really hurt me to see him like that but I have to because I want him the best for everything. I don't want him to suffer with me in the future. I want him to be happy forever.


 


"I just have one question and I want you to answer it truthfully. After that I will leave you alone." Donghae said weakly as he stared at me. His eyes were filled of pain and sadness.




"Why...

 



Why did you leave me?" 


 


 


~~~

A/N: Hi Everyone! I'm very sorry for the super late update. I've been very busy with my work and school lately. Thank you for always supporting my fanfics even tho I always troll you guys about updating. Also thank you for always supporting our Royal couple~ Happy 1st year anniversary Royals♥ Of course, Happy 10th year anniversary to DH&DARA close friendship~ ^^ I try to update as soon as possible. Please leave a comment and love to give me inspiration ♥ Till next time!