Chapter 22 - Amusement Park

One More Chance


Donghae carefully closed the bathroom door, trying not to make any kind of noise. He scanned his eyes around the area, making sure nobody saw him before he continue to walk back to his room. He bit his lower lip as he couldn't control his smile while thinking of the incident earlier in the bathroom with Dara. He shook his head, cursing himself in his head but after few steps forward, a tall guy with a naughty grin suddenly appeared in front of his face. Donghae almost jumped up the ceiling from his surprise.
 

"Aigoo! Yah! You scared me you little brat! Haist!" Donghae scolded the guy while holding his chest. He then teasingly wrapped his arm around his neck, choking and hitting his head in a playful manner.

"Why so serious, Hyung?” the guy replied with a smirk while trying to escape Donghae’s arm. He whispered to him, " I heard from Minji, Dara noona is back. Is that true? But why are you two in the bathroom together? What are u two doing there, huh? Yieeee” He teased moving his eye brows up and down. Donghae was taken a back. “Yah! Seugri! Shut up!” Seungri teases him more, "Dara noona, i miss you!" He was about to run towards the bathroom but Donghae immediately pulled his ear up dragging him down the stairs.

 

 

"Yah! You little... Ugh.. Seungri-yah. Shut up! Yoona might hear your nonsense. Why are you still here at this hour anyway? You want to die tonight?! If you ever want to see Minji again, you better start running for your life now!" Donghae teased while still pulling Seungri’ left ear.

 

 

"Ouch, ouch. Okay. Okay, hyung. Enough. Easy, hyung! I'm just curious. Why so serious?🎶 Ouch! You know i'm such a big fan of your love life. Fine! I'll just say hi to noona when I pick up Minji tomorrow. Please let me go? My ear is about to tear apart now. " Seungri pleaded.

 

"After tresspassing our house when its passed your curfew?! Don't you ever try to show your face here or to our Minji ever again." Donghae firmly said.

 

 

"What's the big fuss, hyung? Ahhh...you’re upset because of what I saw earlier? Don't worry. I know how to hide your secret." Seungri said with a naughty wink. Donghae still pulling Seungri's ear up hardly dragging him outside the house.

 

 

"Yah! What secret are you talking about?!" Donghae yelled at him and playfully grabbed the collar of his shirt. "You really want to die tonight, aren't you?!" 

 

 

Seungri struggled hard to escape his way out from Donghae. The two both looked like little kids playing outside the house at the middle of the night when a voice suddenly interrupted them.

 

"What secret? What are you two doing here outside, hyung?" Siwon asked as he approached closer to the house.

 

The two suddenly froze from their spot.

 

"Nothing." Both replied in sync, both of them stood upright like nothing happened and looked away from each other.

 

"We are just playing around, Siwon hyung. Right? Donghae, hyung?" Seungri said with a wink while fixing the collar of his shirt. Donghae gave him a death glare and just let out a deep sigh.

 

"And you? Where on earth have you been at this hour?" Donghae asked Siwon.

 

"Hmm... nothing. Just doing some research, for my part time job..hyung." Siwon said with a smile. "So... Mind sharing that secret to me?" Siwon added, wiggling his eyebrows up and down.

 

"Nope!" The two said in sync before they separate their ways.

 

"Fine.” Siwon pouted and shrugged his shoulder.
 

 

Then his phone ring. "Hello? It's done? Good! I will take care of the rest. I’ll get the documents tomorrow. Don’t call me anymore. I will call you when I need you.” Siwon quickly hanged up the phone. He was about to go to his room when he saw Dara, apparently talking to herself while passing by going to her room. He’s lip curled upward before he entered his room.

 

 

~~

 

 

Dara woke up early in the morning when she heard a noise from the ceiling. She tried to go back to sleep, putting a pillow in her head but she can’t because of the continues creaking noise from it. She unconsciously smile when she remembered what happened last night in the bathroom. 

 

“See you later, fat rabbit! Lock the door!” a flashback of the incident last night and Donghae’s voice echoing in her ears.

 

Dara tossed and turned around the bed and screamed in silence giddily. She suddenly felt a sharp pain in her head. “Ouch!” She curled down on her bed while holding her head tightly. She reached out her night stand table and open the drawer to get her medication. She immediately took few pills and flushed herself with fluids.

 

A flashback of her father Daesung suddenly appeared in her mind. 

 

“I heard from Dr. Yang that you refused further treatment for your eyes. Sandara, what are you doing?!”

 

Dara sarcastically chuckles and said, “Dad, I don’t refused the treatment. There is just no cure at all! Why do I need to bother with those test if I know I’m still gonna be blind after all?! I’m okay now, dad. I already accepted it my faith.”

 

“Sandara, please. Don’t give up. You are still young. You still have a lot of things ahead from you. Think about your future.”

 

 

“I don’t have anymore future, dad. I already gave it up long time ago. I just want to be happy with what I have now. Enjoy the rest of my time seeing the world rather than seeing the hospital while they were experimenting me with no assurance that my illness won’t get worst.” Dara cried out loud and his dad hugged him tightly.

 

End of flashback --


 

Dara’s headache finally subsided after taking her opioids medication. She decided to go up the to the attic and checked the noise out of curiosity to brush her thoughts off. She climbed up the stairs and found the door of the attic opened. She sneaked in and found some of Donghae’s old belongings and furnitures. Her glance landed on a familiar stuff she didn’t even thought she would see again. 

 

“Teddy!” Dara excitedly blurted out. She picked up the old dusty stuffed toy and hugged it tightly. “I’m sorry I left you behind. I promise I will never leave you again. That fish left you here by yourself. Poor baby. You must be cold and hungry.” She said to the toy mimicking a voice of a cute kid. She couldn’t help but smile while heartedly. She scanned her eyes around and made sure nobody saw her and secretly hid the little bear under her baggy shirt.


While climbing down the stairs she came across Yuri with folders filled with papers. 

 

“What are you doing up here?” She asked coldly

 

“Uhm I.. I was just...” Dara was thinking what to say but Yuri immediately cut her off.

 

“Dara, I want to be honest with you. I don’t like the fact that you are here at all. This is not right. Do you really have no conscience at all? Yoona and my son are your best friend and they are getting married. Do you really understand what’s going on? Do you know what my son has been through when you left him after you accepted his marriage proposal? Without even a word?! I don’t want to make a scene right now. I don’t want them to hear me. But just by seeing you right now, I just can’t can’t feel anything but hatred. I’m very furious. I am really hurting. I treated you as my own daughter, Dara. I loved you and your father as I treated him as my own sibling and I hate feeling this way. Please if you still have a little respect for me. Even just a tiny bit, please leave. Stay away from my son.” Yuri said before she passed by her going to the attic.

 

Dara stood frozen. Tears fell from her eyes. She bit her lip to stop herself from crying and she immediately ran back to her room.

 

——

 

Dara, Yoona, and Donghae came to Bom and Top’s house as they promised.

 

Donghae and Top were in the basement, catching up while Bom, Yoona, and Dara were touring around Bom and Top's house. Bom showed them the nursery room for their expected baby where everything is colorful with lots of toy collections such as baby dolls, cars, train, and baby’s garments, diapers, and baby bottles.

 

Dara smiled with pain as she scanned her eyes in the room. "You guys are already prepared for the baby. Is it a baby girl or baby boy?"

"Of course, we've been waiting for this. We don't know yet if it's a boy or girl but we don't care. As long as he's healthy and cute like me." Bom said with joy. 

“Awww.. I am so excited to see your baby, Bom. I can’t wait also to have a baby myself.” Yoona cheerfully said.

 

“I’m happy for you Bom. Finally, God blessed you and Top with a beautiful baby in your tummy. I'm sure he would be healthy with full of energy like you and Top. I wish to be a kid again. Then I can play with your baby without any worries.”


“I thought you would say I wish you were pregnant too. Ha ha ha. Of course, Dara! You don’t have to be kid to play with my baby. I’ll demand you to play with my baby until you get your own! Stay here in Korea until then!” Bom said with chuckles

 

"I'll just adopt your baby. I promise I will take care of your baby forever. Ha ha ha." Dara teases 

 

“Tsk! Oh, I know! Why don’t we go to the amusement park today? It’s so nice outside. I haven’t gone to the amusement park for a long time! I’m sure the baby inside me would be happy. Please?” Bom asked, blinking her eyes cutely.

 

“Dara noona!” 

 

“Is that... Jiyong-ah! Is that you?! Omg you’ve grown taller!”

 

Jiyong run towards Dara and hugged her tightly.

 

“Ugh! It’s my brother, Yoona. He’s 12, but acts like 42.” Bom said to Yoona, playfully staring with his brother as he hugged Dara.

 

“Aww! He is so cute.” Yoona replied, smiling at him.

 

“I’m already big now! I’m ready to marry you, Dara noona.” Jiyong said cheerfully to Dara.


"Omo, so cute!" Yoona chuckles giddily.

 

Bom grabbed his ear and pulled him away from Dara. “Yah! Big your as$! Where have you been yesterday? You said you were at school but there was no school yesterday! We were in your school yesterday! Don’t deny it, you silly kid!”

 

“Ouch!” Jiyong cried out

 

“Bom, it’s okay. Stop that, Jiyong is hurting. I’m sure he has a reason. You two never changed at all. Dara chuckles, changing the topic. "I thought we are going to the amusement park?” She said to Bom, winking to Jiyong.

 

"Okay! It's a deal!" Bom said with a smirk

 

Jiyong blushes while caressing his injured ear.

 

“Omg! Let’s go!” Yoona excitedly said. "I will text Minjie and Seungri to tag along with us."

 

—Meanwhile--- 

 

“So...What’s your plan?” Top asked Donghae

 

“What do you mean?” Donghae replies back

 

“I don’t know, we'll...She’s back. FINALLY. Do you really have no feelings for her anymore?”

 

“It’s not about feelings anymore. I don’t think I can trust her anymore.”

 

“Is this about the picture you showed me? We’re you really sure it's because of him? Maybe you should ask her to find out.”

 

“For what?! It wouldn't matter anyway."

 

“Okay, Boss. Bom said we’re going to the amusement park.” Top said with a smirk.

 

“She’s really persistent.” Donghae shook his head.

 

 

Dara’s POV

 

The sun rays hit my face as soon as we got out of the car. I raised my hand to cover my face yet I like the warm feeling of it. I heard the laughters of children running around. The cheerful music played loudly all over the amusement park. I felt I turned back to a young kid once again. I was following them with a smile. Top and Bom in front of me and Donghae and Yoona next to them. My eyes landed on their hands intertwining each other. My heart felt like there's a knife stabbing me inside repeatedly. It's so hard to endure the pain. 

 

“Noona! Let’s ride the roller coaster!” Jiyong asked me. I wipe my eyes as tears was about to fall. “Yeah sure.” I said in a weak voice.

 

“Remember last time we rode the roller coaster? You were only 6 at that time. I can’t believe you’re 12 already. Time flies.” She added.

 

“Yes, noona. I’m big now. I am not gonna leave your side anymore.” He smiled back.


—-

 

Author’s POV

 

Jiyong saw Dara looking at Donghae and Yoona’s while walking holding hands. He tried to divert her attention and asked her to go to the roller coaster with him. 

 

Donghae on the other side was listening secretly to their conversation. “Do you want to ride the roller coaster?” He asked Yoona. 

 

“I don’t know. I’m kind off scared of heights.” She replied, biting her bottom lip.

 

Donghae chuckles. “Me too.” 

 

Both of them laughed at each other.

 

"Hey guys!"

 

"Minjie!!! Omo, I'm so happy you came." Yoona said excitedly and hugged her. 

"Hey, how are you guys doing?" Seungri greeted, following Minzy. "Dara noona!" Seungri excitedly greeted Dara.

 

"You guys met already?" Yoona asked Seungri in confusion.

"Um.. yeah." Seungri bit her lower lip when Minzy glared at him.

"That's nice! I'm sure this will be fun a day!" Yoona cheerfully said.

 

—-

 

Donghae went to the bathroom and Jiyong followed him purposely. He tried to ignore him but he’s really persistent.

 

“Yah! Ahjussi! I told you before If you ever hurt Dara noona, I will never forgive you! You told me before she is yours! Why are holding that girl hand! You’re really such a liar!”

 

-Flashback of 6 years old Jiyong-

 

“Is that Dara noona?” Jiyong followed her and saw Dara with a tall guy in the playground. They were above the slide talking and the guy suddenly threw something away to the ground. Dara was about to jump but the guy grabbed her and kissed her. Jiyong covered his mouth and ran back to his school. He saw Donghae waiting for him in the swing. “Yah! Kid! You’re sister told me to pick you up. Her car broke down.” Donghae said to him but he just ignored him. “Yah! Are you okay?” Donghae asked Jiyong again. 

 

“I thought Dara noona is yours! You’re such a liar.” Jiyong responded in a weak voice.

 

“Wait! what did you say?!"

 

“I said you’re such a liar! Dara noona is not yours.”

 

“Yah! I already told you she is mine."

“I saw Dara noona kissing another guy...”

“Kis...kissing? Who?!”

“Never mind! I will still marry her! Wait until I grow up!” 

 

End of flashback

 

—-

 

“What’s you’re problem kid?!” Donghae respond while washing his hand in the bathroom.

“Never mind! Just wait and see! I will marry her! Mark my word!” Jiyong shouted and slammed the toilet door.

 

“Tsk.” Donghae dried up his hands and kicked the garbage bin in annoyance.

 

—-

 

A silence of awkwardness surrounded the group while waiting for Donghae and Yoona in the toilet. They were sitting around the table while watching the busy crowd in the amusement park.

"Dara noona, Bom noona! Long time no see!" Seungri breaks the silence.

"Seungri-Yah.. you've grown so much and you too Minjie." Bom replied

 

"it's nice to see you again, Seungri." Dara added with a sad smile while looking at Minjie. Minjie pretending to be playing her phone, ignoring everyone.

 

“Dara! Let’s go to the hunted house! Remember that house?!” Bom excitedly said.

 

“No! No way! It’s not even October yet. I don’t like that.” Dara shook her head repeatedly.

 

"Hunted house?! Come on now, Dara! It’s gonna be fun!" Yoona said excitedly as soon as they got back from the washroom.

 

She grabbed Minjie and Dara's hand and dragged them to the hunted house entrance.

 

“Welcome to the ESCAPE HOUSE! You will never get out here alive! Bwhahahahahahha!” A scary voice said as soon as they entered the Haunted house.

 

All of them were lined up from Top at the front, Bom in 2nd followed by Seungri, Minzy, Donghae, Yoona, Dara, and Jiyong at the end.

 

“I don’t think this..this is not..a good idea at all, Yoona. I’m not...really comfortable doing this. I have to go.” Dara said stuttering, but the lights already went off. 

“Come on, Dara! We’re already here. Just hold onto my shoulder tightly. Don’t unhold me.” Yoona said.

 

“Don’t worry, noona. I will never leave you.” Jiyong said proudly.

 

Dara smiled but deep inside she was very scared not because of the loud noise or the people scaring them but because of darkness. She hold onto Yoona tightly but at the middle of nowhere they got all separated. 

 

“Yoona! Jiyong-ah!” Dara shouted. “Ughhhh! I knew this is not a great idea.” She said to herself.

 


She tried to walk blindly through the darkness. Holding the necklace star, Donghae gave to her. Her heart was aching, tears is filled up in her eyes. “I promise I will be your light in the darkness.” Donghae’s voice repeatedly running in her mind.

 

Until someone grabbed her hand and lead her way. “Fish boy.” She whispered. I knew you would come." Tears finally escaped her eyes until she saw the light at the end of the tunnel.

 

She looked at him and an image of a guy smiling back at her slowly appeared in front of her. “I’m sorry I’m late.” He said with a wink.

 

She smiled back at him. Tears still flowing in her eyes. “Thank you for everything." She hugged him as she sobbed.

https://youtu.be/3p8KHMfGZ4k