Chapter 28 - Hiking Part II

One More Chance

Chapter 28

 

 

DARA’S POV

 

 

I opened my eyes slowly and saw a small flame of fire from the small branches filed together on the ground. Despite of that, I still felt freezingly cold. I also felt so uncomfortable with my wet clothes.
 

The sound of the heavy rain pouring down and thunder blasting in the sky echoes in my ears. The sky above seems to be furiously mad at me for what I did to him and it makes me feel even worst.


I suddenly remember what happened a while ago before I lost my consciousness. My brain slowly catches up with everything that just happened. I heard a sound of a lighter being lit, repeatedly. 
 

“Haist! This thing doesn’t work when you needed it the most.” He said.


I followed the voice of the person with my eyes. He is sitting next to the fire pits that he manually did. He is trying hard to increase the fire from it by igniting his small lighter. He glanced at me and noticed I was awake. He gave me a worried smile before he asked, “Are you awake now?” He asked me with obvious worried in his voice. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?" 
 

My eyes was blurry and slowly ...

 

I finally saw his face clearly.

 

A tear suddenly fell in my eye but no sounds coming out from my voice. I was weak and exhausted and I don’t know if I was just hallucinating from the coldness around me.


My eyes were still confused if he was just a figment of my imagination.

 

I tried to speak and finally I found my voice. My voice came out raspy like I was croaking at first.

“W..why are you here?” I asked him with a crack voice.

“I’m sorry I wasn’t the one you’re expecting to see.” He answered back.

“W-where are they? Where is Yoona?” 

“She’s fine. They are all okay...safe and sound. Don't worry so much. Is your ankle okay?" He replied, consoling me.

 

“Then why aren’t you with her?!” I asked him with a stronger emotion in my voice. My eyes are flooded with tears and damn it...I couldn’t stop them from falling down my face.

 

My heart suddenly jumped when I realized he is not a figment of my imagination. It's him.

 

Lee Donghae.

 

My Fishboy...

 

He stared at me with his eyes filled with questions and emotions. I tried to wipe my tears away but it keeps on falling down like there’s no tomorrow. I turned around the other way to avoid his stares. Still lying down the ground, I crouched even more and just hugged my knees.

 

“It’s still pouring outside. There is no signal here I couldn’t call anyone of them. As soon as the rain stop, we’ll find the way to the house on top. I’m sure you’re cold and hungry. They must be waiting for us there already." Donghae said to me before he continues to play again with his lighter.

 

 

There was uncomfortable silence covered the whole cave. Pouring rain and the gushing wind echoing the place.

 

 

I was shaking from the coldness and it’s really unbearable. I started coughing constantly breaking the awkward silence.

 

 

“Come closer to the fire. It would help you somehow.” Donghae suggested. My heart pounds faster and faster every time I hear his voice. I still couldn’t believe that he was here with me. He found me in the middle of nowhere. He didn’t forget his promise at all.

 

I snapped out from my trance when I felt his soft hand touching my forehead. I was taken a back. His face is inches away from me.

 

“You’re hot. You have a fever.” He said worriedly.

“I’m okay.” I replied still avoiding his eyes.

“You’re shivering.” He added. “Take off your clothes.” he said, grabbing my shirt up.

 

“Yah!” I shouted at him finally looking at his eyes with my eyes open and wide. Both of us stares at each other for God knows how long. My heart exploded from beating so fast. My eyes glance at his lips. I swallowed hard, my throat is already in pain.

 

“You’re soaking wet. You need to remove your clothes or you’ll catch a cold.” He explained to me, breaking the awkward silence. “Yah! Dara.. I.. already saw all of that.” He said avoiding my eyes. “Don’t be so hard headed. I’m not gonna do anything dirty like what you are imagining right now.” He teases.

 

 

“I’m not imagining anything right now stupid fish.” I said to him. I feel my body suddenly became warm. I think I’m blushing from embarrassment. 

 

 

“You’re turning red now. You have to remove your wet clothes or you’re going to have convulsion from your fever, Pabo.” he told me with a soft voice while helping me remove my clothes. "Ouch." I flinched in pain when I tried to move my injured ankle. "Haist. Don't move to much." He said with a soft voice.

 

My heart couldn’t stop beating so hard. I breathed deeply as I glanced at him, convincing myself to relax, pretending I was not affected by his presence when he was just inches away from me. He took a deep breath before he finally manage to pull my shirt out from my head completely. Our eyes met again as soon he took it off but we quickly diverted our eyes away from each other. I tried to remove the pants I was wearing. It would be awkward for him to help me do that. But my ankle really hurts me. He told me to stay still as he pulled my pants down while I was lying down. It's really awkward. I tried my best to ignore his eyes.
 

He put all my clothes off, arranging it near the fire to dry it faster.

 

Out of no where, he then touched my . I was so shocked and I immediately swung my hand against his face as my initial reaction. He gave me a glare while gently petting her cheek. “Yah! What are you doing?!” I asked him with my eyes widely open. I tried to cover myself with my hands. 

 

“What do you think?!” Donghae replied with a glare. “I thought you’re not imagining anything? Why are you having dirty mind right now?” He said with a smirk. 

 

“Then why did you touch my ?!” I asked. I coughed with my words from shivers due to the cold breeze.

 

 

“I was just checking if your bra is wet too. There’s no point of you removing everything but still wearing your wet undergarments. Take off everything so it would be dry quickly from the heat of the fire.” He said before diverting his eyes. He’s obviously blushing red as well.

 

 

I looked at him awkwardly. Hesitating if I should really follow what he said. 

 

 

“If you don’t take those off, i would take them off myself." Donghae threatened

 

 

“Okay! Fine! But in one condition! Don’t you dare look at me! If you do I will kill you!” I threatened him back but he just laughed but stopped when he saw my killer glare.

 

I was completely , laying down near the Fire pits. Donghae was on the other side of the fire pits, also laying down facing the opposite way.

 

I stole a glance on him and I saw him shivering as well. He started coughing too. I tried my best to sleep but my heart won’t let me. It’s pounding so hard like I was having palpitation. I probably had too much coffee this morning, I tried to convince myself. I still can’t believe what is happening right now. My heart is deeply rejoicing and I’m feeling guilty at the same time. I don’t want to expect anything from him because it really hurts as soon as I wake up from this unexpected yet beautiful dream.

 

I finally fell asleep but woke up from a bad nightmare. I saw Donghae running looking for me in the darkness. I was trying so hard to call him but he couldn't hear me. My voice was already gone but he still can’t hear me. I saw him running endlessly in a path of nowhere tired and very weak. I tried to reach him when I saw a bright light beaming in my eyes and out of no where Donghae was gone. I was left alone in the darkness, alone and crying by myself.

 

“Dara? Are you okay?!" I heard Donghae voice. "You're ." He said to me.

 

I hugged him tightly like there is no tomorrow waiting for us. "I thought you left me." I whispered weakly.

 

“You’re burning. Haist! You’re very hot!" Donghae worriedly said. 
 

He is real. This is not a dream and I’m hugging him. I was so weak to even comprehend what I was doing. I slowly opened my eyes and saw him taking off his shirt and pants. “What are you doing?” I asked him weakly. He did not reply to me. After he took all his clothes off, he lay down next to me. He put his arm under my head and wrapped his body around me. “Sleep now. It’s okay. I’m here. I won’t leave you alone.” Donghae turns his head slowly to me while whispering those re-assuring words in his soft voice, pressing my body tightly against him. I could feel his hot breath on the side of my neck.  I gasp as I feel his body weight on me.

 

I can feel his whole body crushing against me. It's very warm.I suddenly feel the warm sensation inside me.

 

After a while, I felt his warm lips touched my lips and my body lost control of all the reason to think.

 

 

—-

 

 

Author’s POV

 

 

Yoona is walking in the woods preoccupied with thoughts of what happened last night. She snapped out of it when she felt a drizzle damped on her face.

 

 

“Ottoke! Where am I?” She asked herself. She looked at the map and tried to go back to where she left the group but the trails were just so confusing. 

 

 

Her heart suddenly aches when a flashback of Donghae turning her down despite wearing her attractive lingerie came to her mind. Her tears suddenly fell on her face. She took out a flask containing a red wine and chugged it until she consumed everything. 
 

Siwon saw her and immediately brushed it off her hand.

 

 

“What the heck are you doing Yoona?!” Siwon shouted at her.

 

“Nothing. I got lost. Ha ha.. Where are they?” She responded with a shaky voice

 

“Why are you drinking like that in the middle of nowhere?!” Siwon asked again with fury eyes.

 

“I said I got lost. Are you deaf? Hello, Siwon? Can you hear me now?! Ha ha” Yoona said laughing, the wine she took seems to be hitting her hard.

 

 

“What happened to you last night?” Siwon asked worriedly.

 

 

“Nothing. Nothing happened. As in Literally. Nothing." Yoona said, laughing again. Siwon sighed and gave her a worried look.

 

 

“Yoona! Siwon!” Bom voice came from a far. She approaches them and looked at them curiously.

 

“Thank God I found you guys. Where is Donghae?” Bom asked looking for Donghae when her phone vibrates. It was Top calling her. “Hello? Yeobo.. i found Yoona and Siwon.” Bom said. “Great! You’re with Donghae? Okay, tell him Yoona is safe. We're here at the point M trail." Bom added before she hung up. “I told them we are here. They are coming.” she said. 

 

“Hold on a second. Let me call Dara.” Bom told them and dialed Dara's number on her phone and talked to her. 

 

“I need some time alone.” Yoona said to Siwon. “I don’t want to see him yet.” 

“What do you want to do?” Siwon asked her. Her eyes is filled with sadness.

“I don’t know. I just don't want to see him yet.” Yoona replied, avoiding his eyes.

“Bom, Yoona is not feeling good. I’ll accompany her to the house on top. Tell them we’ll be heading first.” Siwon said to Bom.

 

Siwon smiles at Yoona before he kneeled down in front of her, offering her a piggyback. Yoona smiles back sadly before she put her arms around his shoulder. Siwon carried her on his back and waived bye to Bom. 

 

“See you guys in the house.” Siwon said. 

 

Bom was shocked with her eyes wide open. She gave them an awkward smile and waved back.

 

 

“This is getting weirder.” She told herself.

 

 

—-

 

 

Siwon and Yoona reaches the house before the rain completely poured down.

 

 

“You run so fast. You are really a Superman!” Yoona told Siwon laughing. Siwon just stares at her while she’s laughing. Yoona noticed that. She immediately stopped laughing and looked away, suddenly became self conscious. 

 

The old house was empty and they are the only guests for tonight. It is divided with lots of small rooms inside but literally just for sleeping. All rooms has one mattress, a pillow and a blanket. It has small kitchen but no dining table. The bathroom is outside.

 

“This looks like a camping site.” Yoona said breaking the silence. “Would be nice if it's not raining. Nobody checked if it’s gonna rain today.” She added avoiding Siwon stares.

 

“What happened to you and hyung last night?” Siwon asked Yoona again.

 

“I already told you. Nothing happened! Why are so dense?!” She screamed, tears falling from her eyes. “Am I not attractive enough for him? Am I ugly?! What does she have that I don’t have?

He still can’t move on from her, right?! Why?!

I am really hurting, Siwon. I really hate her! I will never beat her in his heart." She cried out to Siwon.

 

 

“You’re beautiful. Very beautiful, Yoona.” Siwon told her staring in her eyes. He gave her a sweet smile before coming closer to her. He slowly move his face inches away from her face then he wiped her tears away.

 

“You don’t have to wear anything fancy to make any guys fall in love with you. My brother is just too dense to realize that.” He added

 

“If only I didn’t leave Jeju on that night..if only I came and met you that night of accident, I think you would fall for me instead of Hyung.” Siwon said to Yoona before he pressed his lips against her. Yoona's eyes open widely but then close them and kisses him back.

The two kissed each other aggressively. Siwon led her to a room before he locked the door.

----

To be Continued >>>


-one more update! I hate cliff hanger so there you go. 
Have a great week!

https://youtu.be/CafdKf0Avv8