Playful Faith

One More Chance

 

Dara's POV

 


"After my wedding,
Please disappear in our life forever."



Every words that Donghae said was like a knife that stabbed my heart. My tears were starting to over crowded my eyes. Come on Dara. Why are you feeling this? You should be happy. Everything works out well. He will be happy...away from you forever.

I looked at him and tried my best to conceal the pain inside my heart. Smile Dara. He will be happy. I want him to be happy.



"If this is want you want."  I looked into his eyes and gave him a weak smile.

This guy in front of me was my best friend. My childhood love. The guy who patiently waited for me when I moved away from Jeju. The guy who cared and loved me for a long time. The guy who I am in love with since we were young...


...but he is not him anymore. He changed a lot. He changed for the better. He is much, much better than when we were together. He is not.... my fishboy anymore.



"Your wish is my command...Fishboy."



Donghae looked at me with a surprised expression upon hearing what I just said. I can't believe I called him that. What am I thinking? Am I still hoping he would smile at me and call me Rabbit just like old times.

 

No. Of course, I know he won't... but I still looked up into his eyes hoping for a response, and he did...


...he did smile and thank me. My heart stopped when I saw that smile again. His smile that always melt my heart, but then it quickly shattered into a million broken pieces when he slowly turned his back and walked away...

...away from me...



...far away from the past...
 


to finally go to his happiness.
 

 

==

Author's POV

 

"Why does she have to mention that stupid name? What is she trying to do?!" Donghae said to himself while leaning his back on the wall opposite to the dining area.

After all that she had done to me, she still have the face to call me that. She must be enjoying this. Seeing me hurting because of her, 
Donghae thought to himself while unconsciously clenching his chest.


"Hon? Are you okay? Is there something wrong with your chest?" Yoona worriedly asked. Donghae snapped out of his trances and flinched a bit when Yoona suddenly appeared in front of him. He was too occupied of his thought that he didn't even see her entered the room


"N-no! No, I'm okay hon." He furiously shook his hand with the one that he was clenching to his chest a while ago. "When did you get here?" Donghae added, fidgeting.

"Just now. I forgot to prepare the dessert I bought yesterday for Dara. Are you sure you okay? Where is Dara by the way? Did you find her?" Yoona  said, scanning the room with her eyes.

Donghae gave her a sweet smile in response, and suddenly pulled her closer to him, hugging her petite body tightly.


 

"Hon? What's wrong?" Yoona asked, shocked a little bit at his strange action.


"Nothing. Is it wrong to hug my soon to be wife?" Donghae said. He gently pulled away from the hug and cupped her face with his both hands.


"No...of course not," She pouted, " I'm just curious why are you so sweet all of a sudden. Did you do...something wrong? Hmmp?" Yoona said in a teasing voice.

 


Donghae just grinned before he suddenly bit Yoona's lips.


"Ouch! Why did you do that for?" Yoona said, wincing in pain.


"I can't help it. You are sooooo cute! One more, please?" Donghae added, lifting up his one finger.

"NOOOO!" Yoona playfully pushed Donghae on his chest and started to run away from him, 
but Donghae quickly chased her.


"No! Stop it hon. It hurts! What is wrong with you today?! Stop playing around!" Yoona yelled while running around away from him. Donghae just stuck his tongue out and quickly grabbed Yoona's hand to pull her closer to him. Yoona shut her eyes tightly as she was expecting him to bite her but instead he gently pressed his lips on her and kissed her passionately.


 

He pulled out away gently and whispered to her, "I love you Yoona."  Yoona blushed furiously when their eyes met. She gave him a sweet smile, and gently caressed his cheek in response. Donghae smiled back and slowly leaned forward to kiss her again when a sudden loud steps from behind snapped them out.


"I um.. I'm sorry! I didn't mean to interrupt." Dara said, looking down. "Ple-please continue." She stuttered and gulped nervously.

 

Please continue? Ughhhh.. Why did I say that? Awkward, She thought.



"No!" Yoona immediately pulled away from Donghae, "Oh my god. This is so embarassing. You're not disturbing us, Dara. I mean...Ugh! This is your fault hon!" Yoona blushed.



"No. Haha! I am really sorry. I didn't realized you guys are here." Dara said, avoiding Donghae's eyes.
 


"Of course we are here. It's our house." Donghae bitter reply, "I'm joking!" he added when Yoona looked at him surprised.


"Right," Dara said in a weak voice, "I'm really sorry. Please don't mind me. I'll go now." Dara quickly walked a few steps before Yoona grabbed her hand.

"No. Dara..." Yoona said, pouting. She glared and secretly nudged Donghae, mouthing him to apologize.



Donghae swallowed a lump on his throat before he said, "No. Um.. I'm sorry, Dara," He took a deep breath before he continued, "I don't know what got into me. I just...miss my beautiful bride so badly." Donghae said, glaring into Dara's eyes before he pulled Yoona closer to him and kissed her cheek.


"Hon?! Ha ha! Sorry, Dara. My hon is such a joker sometimes." Yoona said awkwardly before she glared at him.


"I don't see what's wrong with that... Dara lived in  New York, right? I'm sure she was used to see couples kissing everywhere. Right, Dara?" Donghae asked with his cold stares.
 


"Right."  Dara mumbled. "I'll go first. I'm really sorry." Dara added and quickly left the room.


"Why did you do that for, hon?!"Yoona asked irritated. 


"What did I do? She said she don't mind. Don't tell me I'm not allowed to kiss you when she is here." Donghae complained, averting his flaming eyes.


"It's not that hon. I just think you're not in your usual self today. Is there something wrong? Is there something...wrong with you and Dara?" Yoona asked.

"Wha-what's wrong with us?" Donghae quickly replied, "I just...I'm just jealous of your attention to her. That's all." Donghae let out a sigh when Yoona's lips twitched into a sweet smile, "You are soooo cute honey, but please stop being corny! Of course you guys are completely different. She is my girl best friend and you are my husband. Soon to be husband!" She said and let out a chuckle. " I love you." Yoona softly said while pinching Donghae's cheeks. "Let's go eat now?"


 

Donghae gave her a sweet smile and nodded.

 

==

 

DARA'S POV
 



I walked towards the dining room trying to hide the pain deep inside my heart. The first person who appeared in front of me was Yuri, Donghae's mom.

Yuri and my dad are childhood's friend. She was like my second mother when my mom divorced my dad. She was very happy when we told her that me and Donghae were going out. She gave us her full support and treated me as if I was her own child.



"So how did you and Yoona meet each other?" Yuri asked as soon as her eyes landed on mine. I felt my heart just stopped as she glared at me. Her eyes that once were warm when looking at me, are now really cold.


"We...*gulped*  met in high school when I moved to Jeju, Yuri." My voice cracked.



"Then why didn't she know anything about you and Donghae?! What are you trying to do Dara?" Yuri asked sternly.

 

I don't know how to respond anymore. I can see through her eyes the hatred towards me. I felt like my mind couldn't function any longer. My heart kept shattering into a million broken pieces. I felt really cold that I was shaking from nervousness and sorrow. I could feel my eyes stinging with tears that I kept blinking back. I couldn't differentiate if this is just all an illusion or it is the sad reality.


"Mom stop it now. Yoona unnie might hear you." Minzy suddenly said, snapping me out of my trances.



I immediately looked at Minzy, instinctively gave her a grateful smile but she didn't even bother to look at me. I really, really miss her and it really hurt.  My heart constricted painfully as the memories of the past flashing back to my mind.

 

Minzy was like my little sister and my girl best friend. She was there to give me advice whenever I needed a friend. She was the reason how me and Donghae finally confessed love to each other. She was the first one Donghae called when he proposed marriage to me. She was grateful and warm towards me but seeing her now with her cold expression really brakes my heart even more.



An awkward silence over crowded the room. This is slowly killing me. Thank goodness Yoona came back soon with Donghae of course.
I never imagined myself in this kind of situation. I can't believe I am in one table, in the same roof, eating together with my best friend who is now engage with my childhood best friend and...ex fiancée.


This is like a nightmare. Seeing them very sweet to each other is just like a torture. I should be happy because I know Yoona loves him so much but I can't help thinking I was the one who supposed to be in Yoona's place. If only I..."



"Momma, Minzy.. I know you wouldn't mind if Dara stayed here for a month right? I know Dara, she is probably saying to herself she is bothering us. She is always awkward to people at first but trust me she has a very bubbly personality. I know you guys will definitely like her." Yoona said, smiling while looking at me.


And there she goes again...Yoona and her big mouth. She is always very open and talkative to everyone. That is the only thing I don't like about her. You know why? Why does she have to tell them the story of my life? This is really getting awkward.


"Trust me, when I first met Dara,  I thought she was very shy and a loner. I remember when she was a new transferee in high school.

I think it was because of your parents, right Dara? They lived also here in Seoul but her parents separated when she was young so she lived with her mother in Jeju for four years but after graduation she went back to Seoul to continue her studies.

 

I remember almost every time, our topics were all about Seoul.  She was telling me how she really missed everything in here. Ugh...She was really a cry baby back then, especially whenever she mentioned her special someone back here. Like super! Who was that again? You were always crying whenever I mentioned his name. Oh, I remember now!

 

Please don't say it. Please LORD GOD!

 

"Your FISH? Ha! ha! That is really a funny name. That was the first time I heard some one named a fishboy??" Yoona said in a teasing voice.

 

My heart literally skipped a beat.



Donghae suddenly choked on his food when he heard the name. COUGH! COUGH! COUGH! He coughed, hitting his chest so hard.

"Are you okay hon?! Drink this water." Yoona worriedly said, patting Donghae's back.

"Fish?" he quickly asked when he got his composure. 



"Yeah, her fish. What a funny name right?" Yoona teased, still rubbing Donghae's back. I bit my lip while looking down the plate in front of me, avoiding their eyes.

 

"So Dara did you find him already?" Yoona added.

 

*GULPED*

"Ah... It.. it's just all in the past." I said while unconsciously holding my breath.


"Come on, Dara! I know you still love him. Oh, I know...Why don't we help her find that fish, honey?" Yoona excitedly asked, shifting her gaze to Donghae

 

Ughhh.. Yoona!!!!! Why are you making this so complicated.



"No!!! I mean...you don't have to, Yoona." I quickly said to change the topic. My heart was pounding really fast. It felt as if it would explode in my chest any minute now. 


"She's right. I don't think she still love that fish, anyway. She has been away for a long time. She probably met a lot of guys already." Donghae suddenly said. His words pierced my heart really deep. I took a deep breath silently to somehow relieve the pain but it was no use. I could still feel the excruciating pain.


"Well, yeah... maybe you are right, hon.  Dara is so pretty to be single. I'm sure a lot of guys in New York wants to ask her out....so do you have a boyfriend now, Dara?"

 

*GULPED* All of them, except for Donghae, looked at me with their curious eyes. They probably want to know if I came back here just to get Donghae back.



"I'm full already. Thanks for the food. I'm going upstairs." Donghae suddenly said as he immediately stood up from his seat.


"Oh. Okay hon.. Can you please double check if I put all your friends on the invitation." Yoona added.



"I will. I love you." Donghae gave her a sweet smile before he walked upstairs.

 


"I love you too." 

 


This is too much bear...

 


 

==


 

"Is this room okay, Dara? I'm sorry if this is not as big as your room in New York. You know we are not as rich as you. " Yoona teased.
 


"I know right. You should have prepared a much better room than this. How about your room?" I retorted.

"NO WAY! Donghae and I are sleeping in one room, you know. Ha! ha! Thank you, Dara, for staying here. I know you feel awkward to them but I'm sure you will get used to them too. That's how I felt when I first came here."



"Huh? What do you mean?" I looked at her and noticed her sad expression.


"You know... I am not Donghae's first love. There was another girl who was supposed to be his fiancé before me but she just left all of a sudden. I still couldn't believe that girl had the guts to do that to Donghae. He is the most sweetest and kindest guy on earth plus he is handsome too. Right, Dara?" She let out a mirthless chuckles, "I'm sure who ever that girl was, she must be regretting everything she did to him... But sorry to her because I will never ever let her hurt him again no matter what."

 

I immediately looked down as I felt my heart constricted painfully in my chest. All the thing she said kept echoing in my ears. I felt a pang of jealousy and guilt flowing through my body. This is too much. It really hurts. It really hurts.  "Right. Whoever she was, she was so stupid. She doesn't deserve him."

 



==

 



A night has passed by but I couldn't sleep at all. Not a wink. Tossing and turning in bed, I still couldn't believe all that had happened. My mind, especially my heart just couldn't calm down, knowing he was just in the other room...with anotherr girl, with my best friend.

 

 

This is another morning. Another day of my broken heart.

 

==



"So it's true. You're here....classmate." a tall guy suddenly appeared in front of me when I got out from my room. My heart suddenly skipped a beat as I looked up at him. He gave me a huge smile.


"Oh, Siwon." I tried to reciprocate his smile, but the guilt was eating me up inside. I gave him weak smile before averting my eyes. Siwon is Donghae's younger brother. He was also my classmate in grade school. We were playmates, and we all grew up together. It's really hard to look at him again like I usually did before.

 

"But why?" he asked sternly. His smile faded and turned into an angry, hostile, and upset frown.



I  looked down and gulped nervously but decided not to respond. Whenever I heard the word why, my mind couldn't help but became bombarded with lots of thoughts and reasons I couldn't explain. I just didn't know how to answer it.



"If you came back because of Donghae hyung, trust me forget about it, and If you ever tried to hurt Yoona, I will never forgive you." Siwon warned, glaring at me with his furious eyes.

 

"I won't let you ruin their wedding." he added.
 


"I wo--" I was about to speak when Yoona suddenly came. "Siwon?! You are here! Wait.. Do you guys know each other?" Yoona asked when she saw us together.



"Yeah. She was my classmate back in grade school." Siwon replied back, glaring at me.



"Really?! Wow!  I didn't know that. That was really unexpected! What a small world?!" Yonna said, dumbfounded. Siwon nodded and grinned at both of us.



"Siwon..? How long have you been here?" Donghae asked with a surprised expression when he got out from their room.



"For a while now. I'm sorry I was really excited to see my classmate, I forgot to say let you know I already got here." Siwon replied with a smirk,
"Can I talk to you brother?" he added.


 

Donghae glared at him before he nodded. He was avoiding my eyes.



"I will leave you girls alone for a while. I'll talk to you later classmate." Siwon said and winked at me.



"Okay... What was that Dara? Why didn't you tell me you know Siwon, and he was what?! Your classmate?" Yoona
asked with her arm cross.



"I di-didn't know it was him." I quickly replied back.



"Wait.. Was he your childhood love you were talking about? You guys look good together." she teased.



"No! Stop Yoona. Why don't we prepare breakfast instead? I think you're just hungry." I replied, fidgeting. My heart almost dropped to my stomach.



"Jeez, Dara. I was just joking," she pouted, "Why are you so affected? huh? Yieeeee" She added, poking my tummy.  I gave her a death glare in response. "Fine! Let's go but...What if faith made you guys reunited again? That is the cutest love story ever!" she added.

 

 

UGH! She just doesn't know how to stop!!!



"Yoona!" I let out a deep sigh while glaring at her.



"Fine! I'll stop. Hmp!" Yoona said but gave me a giddy smile. 

 


You're right Yoona, faith... Faith is playing with us. I said to myself while looking at Yoona's back when she get down the stairs.

 

==

 

Author's POV



"If you're going to ask me why she is here, I have no idea. Yoona said they are best friend or stuff like that but who cares? I don't care about Dara anymore so don't worry." Donghae said as soon as they entered the room.



"Why are you so defensive, hyung? I'm just going to say hi." Siwon let out a playful chuckles. He just stopped when Donghae gave him a death glare. "Well, if you say so...So you don't really care about her anymore?" Siwon asked, lifting his feet up on top of Donghae's desk.

 

"No." Donghae's quickly replied.



"Then, you wouldn't mind if I ask her out?" Siwon asked all of a sudden, making Donghae froze on the spot. Siwon just grinned when Donghae glared at him with his wide open eyes.


"What?!" Donghae almost yelled angrily.



"Ahaha! Chill, hyung! You're reaction is so funny. I should have recorded it." Siwon immediately stopped and bit his lip when he noticed Donghae's clenched fist. "Why, hyung? What's wrong with that? I thought you don't care about her anymore. Don't tell me you're jealous." Siwon teased.



"Of course not! B-but of all the girls here in the world, why does it have to be her?! You know better what she did to me. She would just hurt you." Donghae firmly said.


"Don't worry, hyung. In fact, I'll do it for you. I'll make her fall in love with me. Then, I will leave her just like what she did to you. How does it sound?" A wicked grin spread across Siwon's face as he watched Donghae's reaction.



"No. You don't have to that. She is nothing to me now. I don't care about our past. Just leave her alone."  Donghae said coldly with his furious eyes.



"If you don't really care about her, you wouldn't mind who will she date. Don't worry I won't fall for her if that's what you worried about. Yoona loves you so much that's why I gave up on her, but if you try to hurt her, I will never forgive you hyung." Siwon's grinned turned to frown.
 


Donghae was about to respond when Yoona suddenly entered the room.

 

An awkward silence engulfed the whole room.


"Hey guys! It's breakfast time. Lets eat downstairs. Hmp! It looks like you guys are hiding something from me. Are you guys talking behind my back?" Yoona playfully asked. Donghae gulped nervously, averting his eyes. 


"Of course not, Yoona. I'm just telling my big bro how much I miss him." Siwon grinned and winked at Yoona.


Yoona just rolled her eyes as she let out a chuckle, "You guys are really sweet. I'm jealous. Haha.. Come on! Let's continue to talk downstairs. The food is gonna be cold. Dara especially made it for us." Yoona said, reaching out Donghae's hand.


"Sure, hon." Donghae gave her a gentle smile before he turned back to glare at Siwon,"I'll talk to you later Siwon." 


"Okay, hyung. Don't enjoy the food so much. Spare some for me!" Siwon teased, playfully waving at him until they closed the door. "Tsk!" He shook his head as he leaned back in the chair, putting his feet back again on the desk in front of him.

 


After a few seconds, someone opened the door again.

 


"So what do you think? Do you agree now with my plan now?"



"I don't know Minji." Siwon replied, staring down, "Is it really the right thing to do?" he added.


"Come on oppa! You know how much hardship Donghae oppa had because of her. I will never let her do that again!" Minzy shouted, angrily.


"Are you really sure she came back because of hyung? What if it really was a coincidence? I know Dara, she is not that bad." Siwon said as he looked up at Minzy who was standing in front of him.
 


"You don't know her! I thought I know her too, but I was completely wrong. I was the reason why oppa suffered so much. If I only knew her real self sooner, I would never supported them in the first place. Besides, I thought you like Yoona before? If you really like her, you won't let her get hurt because of that bi-atch. Ughhhh!" Minzy burst out.


"You're really mad at her. I can't blame you. I know what you feel. I can't believe she still has the guts to face us after all of what she had done." Siwon said, giving her a small smile.


"Oppa. Trust me. If we don't do anything now, Donghae oppa might change his mind about marrying Yoona unnie. A lot of things could possibly happen in a month. Yoona unnie doesn't deserve to be hurt by her. Please do it for the Yoona unnie instead. Please?" Minzy pleaded, looking at her Siwon oppa with her sad eyes.


Siwon took a deep breath before he gave his answer, "I'll do my best." 

 

 

TO BE CONTINUED>>>>>

 


 

A/N

Sorry guys if this takes so long. I had my finals this week and finally I'm going to graduate tomorrow. Yeheyy!! To make up for you guys, I made this a really long chapter. Sorry for all the errors though. Please comment and subscribe. Give me some motivation to update more. It really helps me. Thanks again to all my readers and subscribers <3 Enjoy.