Our Song

One More Chance

 

Author's POV
 



Dara lay down on the bed, tossing and turning around, unable to fall asleep despite how tired her body and mind, especially her heart were. Every time she tried to close her eyes, she would only see his face and his cold stares, and that really makes her heart aches painfully.


Those beautiful eyes which once were filled with love, today were cold and far away, long far away from my heart. She blinked, trying to keep back tears which threatened to blur her vision.


"No matter what happens, I'll always be here to protect you, rabbit. I promise I will be your light in the darkness."

Dara clutched her necklace while Donghae's voice kept repeating themselves on a timeless loop in her head. She deeply sighed as she hunched over in pain.


"All right! I better stop this. I need to take a shower. That might help me to fall asleep and maybe...maybe it could also help me wash all this pain away." Dara snapped, getting out of bed. She silently cracked the door and peeked outside just to make sure she won't come across Donghae.


She sighed in relief and began to walk to the bathroom. She took a deep breath when she passed at Donghae and Yoona's room which is just beside the bathroom upstairs. She then covered her blushing cheeks with her hands and furiously shook her head when she remembered what happened last night in the kitchen's bathroom. Oh Please… Stop!


She quickly closed the bathroom door and the sink. She cupped her hands to splash cold water on her face. Then she lifted her head to look in the mirror. She smiled at her reflection. 

 

You have to be happy for him. Forget him, Dara. She sighed audibly as she struggled to hold back her tears. She forced to smile as she slowly took off her star necklace. She held it in her palm tightly before she put it into her pocket. I must do this. She punched her fist up in the air and said, "Fighting!"  She then took off her shirt and pants, and was starting to unclasp her bra when the door suddenly flew open. 



"YAAAAAAHSOMEONE IS HERE!!!" she shrieked loudly. She quickly covered her body with both of her hands. She wrinkled her nose, turning towards the door with her huge eyes ready to explode, but she suddenly froze as her gaze fell on those intense brown eyes looking right into hers. Her heart suddenly pounded forcibly within her chest. 

 

Donghae snapped out from his sleepiness and jumped back, accidentally closing the door. 
His eyes grew wide in surprise as he stood frozen looking at her.
 Dara's face quickly turned bright red with embarrassment and fiery as her gaze slid down on his bare chest.



Okay. Calm down, Dara. It's only him. Without a shirt. In the bathroom. With you. Almost . WAAAAAA! She shook her head and gasped, as much air as she could into her lungs before she uttered a word. 


"Y-you! You again?!" she uttered some incoherent words before speaking clearly. "W-what are you doing here?! Can't you see I'm using the bathroom. Get outta here quick!"


Donghae gave Dara a cold stare from head to toe before rolling his eyes. He locked the door instead, and began to walk towards her.



"The door was unlocked so I entered." he said calmly.



"T-then you should've knocked first you, ERT! Unbelievable. Aissssh! W-wait, wh-where are you going?!" she gulped nervously as he walked closer and closer to her. 



"YAAAAA! LEE DONGHAE!" She panicked and stepped back until she hit the wall. She tried to cover her bra which hang loosely on her shoulders with her hands. "Get outta here or I- I will.." gulped "scream. Out. Loud."


"Tsk. Do it if you can. What are you scared for anyway? I've seen all of that already." he said with a smirked.  



"Y-YOU ERT!" she gritted her teeth.
 Her jaw dropped and flushed even more when he began to unbuckle his belt. "YAH! W-WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" she gulped nervously.



"Stop right there or I -I will hit you! I will really hit you w-with..." she looked around and quickly grabbed a toilet plunger and pointed it at him, "...with this!" she warned.


"Tsk." Donghae laughed a bit and rolled his eyes as he continued to walk closer. Dara's heart was pounding really fast as Donghae's drew closer and closer. He walked towards Dara calmly before standing mere inches from her.

 

"Otoke! What I should I do? What should I do?" Dara muttered to herself as she stood frozen like a statue. He glared at her before he slowly took the plunger from her hand.


"I'm going to pee." he said with a smirk as he leaned his face closer to hers. Dara swallowed the lump in before saying, "Huh?" 


Donghae just sighed in reply and turned to the toilet bowl while ping his pants.


"YAAAAAH! W-what do you think you are you doing!? What is wrong with you?!" she blushed more, her eyes nearly popping out of her head as she tried to step back, pressing herself more to the wall. "P-P-ert!" She managed to choke out.


"I really," deep breath, " need to pee." Donghae said slowly, closing his eyes. He inhaled and exhaled before looking back at Dara, blushing. 


Dara looked at him, half panic, half disbelief. She tried to open to say something but he immediately cut her off.


"Aissssh! Yoona is in our bathroom for almost an hour now. I really do have to go so bad. I can't hold it in any longer, so PLEASE." he gritted his teeth as he tried to keep his liquid in. 


Dara opened to speak but nothing came out except a small croak. Her eyes grew wider when Donghae quickly pulled his pants down and began to pee. "Ahhhh... Finally!" his eyes sparkled in relief. He slowly shifted his eyes down at Dara who was stood frozen, gaping at him in disbelief. A mischievous grin suddenly formed on his face.


"What are you looking at? ERT." he in a seductive voice, making her blush deeply. Dara snapped out and immediately averted her big wide eyes.


Aigoo, What am I doing? This is not happening!, She gulped nervously. What should I do?! Damn! My stupid brain couldn't function all of a sudden! Otoke! Otoke! Otoke! Stupid brain. Stupid FISH. Stupid heart. She swung her head unbelievingly from side to side.


 

Wait, did he just say I'm--- Dara quickly turned at Donghae with her huge furious eyes. "Wait a minute, what did you just say?! Me? erted?!"


"Yup." Donghae replied, looking up the ceiling while completely emptying his bladder.  

 

"E-excuse me?" Dara began, "Me? erted?" she repeated. Donghae just sighed again in reply and looked down to get a toilet paper. Dara unconsciously followed his gaze down and quickly gulped. She quickly covered her eyes but peeked through her fingers when she noticed his mischievous smile. "Imagining something?"


"Of course not! Y-YOUUU!!! You are the one who is ERTED here! You could have joined Yoona in your OWN bathroom instead, or you could have gone downstairs!  I'm not a ert, YOU ARE! ERTED FISH!" Dara retorted, still covering her eyes with her hand.

 

"Don't call me that again." He turned serious all of a sudden. "Pffft. Why?! Because you are affected ERTED f-fish." She quickly bit her lip when she realized what he meant.

 

"Sighs. This is my house so this is MY bathroom too. Besides, you could have walked out instead, but you did not so it means you did enjoy it." he said, trying to fight a smile while pulling his pants up. "Come on... don't be shy. You looked like you were imagining something. I don't really mind if you share it. ERT." 


Dara clenched her fists, and took deep breaths to calm herself before she exploded. "YAAAAAAAAA! LEE DONGHAE! YOU REALLY ARE A ERT!" she screamed out loud and slapped him multiple times in his bare arms.


Donghae quickly turned at her and covered , whispering, "You don't want to make a commotion again here in the bathroom. Do you?!" 


Dara quickly calmed down as the flashes of what happened last night in the kitchen's bathroom came rushing back to her. They instantly turned red when their eyes met, realizing how close their faces were.


They quickly averted their gaze, pretending to look back at the door. They sighed in relief when they heard nothing but Dara's eyes suddenly went huge as she slowly looked down at his hand that was covering .


 

"D-did", she stuttered. "you" gulped, "y-your hand--"



"Huh?" he furrowed his brow in confusion. "Remove. Your. Hand. NOW! " she quickly brushed of his hand in disgust but Donghae quickly covered again when she yelled out. 


"Husssssh! What is wrong with you?! They might hear you." Donghae muttered. 

 

"YAH!" she gritted, brushing his hand away from her face. "You didn't even wash your hands yet, and you--- gross!" 


"Ah. Pfffft! What's the deal? Besides, you already--" he stopped when Dara glared at him menacingly, holding her fists at him. 


 

"What's the deal, huh?! Because I'm not a ERT like YOU! Besides, who likes to remember your small junior anyway?! Tsk." she retorted, rolling her eyes. She quickly bit her lip to stop the smile threatening to break through when she noticed his reaction.


"Y-YOU!" He gulped nervously before he speak again. "Tsk. I wonder who's more erted between us. Waaaah! I can't believe he still keeping this pink crotchless underwear." he teased, imitating her voice while poking his finger in the air.

 


Dara's eyes went wider, nearly popped out of her socket when her brain fully registered what he said.  She slowly looked at him in confusion for several seconds. "H-how?" she croaked, " D-did y-you saw--" she stammered and gulped nervously while looking at Donghae who was smiling at her teasingly.
 



Dara's POV

 

 It has been a very long day. Possibly, the longest since my heart was still filled of pain from what happened a while ago. The BOMinator, our song, the embarrassing dance, the dog, and now this...

 

What the heck is happening right now?!

 


UGHHHH! Damn it if this day couldn't get any worse. Why don't we rewind it from the beginning so you guys have a better understanding of what I am going through.
 

 


 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< REWIND <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

 

 

At the cafe 


 

Dara's POV

 

I never thought I'd see this place again. How could I ever forget him when everything always reminds me of him?

When our song played in the cafe, my heart was aching so bad that it felt as though it would shatter into million pieces. I could feel the tears forming in my eyes as I listened to the song -- our song.


Runaway with my heart
Runaway with my hope
Runaway with my love~~~




==Flashback==


I still remember the night before I left to Jeju. My mind has still not yet touched the reality that I was leaving the next day. I sulked on my bed, staring at the ceiling. I took a deep breath and slowly close my eyes. "Stupid, Fishboy." I muttered to myself.

Ever since I told him of my dad's plan for me to live with my mom in Jeju, he kept ignoring me like I was invisible. I know he didn't like the idea of me leaving, but instead of telling me not to go, he just told me, "Good for you", and that really made me irritated.


His word kept echoing in my head like a broken record.


UGH that FISH! Why is he so dense?! I burrowed my head into my pillow and groaned.


"Okay, stop thinking about him!" I slapped my head and squeezed my eyes shut. That's when I heard something on the window. I quickly sat down and craned my neck to look what was that sound when I suddenly saw a form opening my window. My heart suddenly skipped a beat inside. I quickly lay down and shut my eyes tight, pretending to be sleeping.




He finally came! That was  the first thing that popped into my head.




I heard his gentle set of foot steps coming closer. My heart started to beat faster in my chest. Then it burst when I felt his warm and soft fingers lightly touched my face. "Rabbit..." he softly whispered. "Don't go." 


Hearing him say that made my heart jumped for joy but I also felt pain and sadness at the same time.


"I'm sorry." He sighed heavily before I felt his warm, bare lips pressed against mine softly, sending a wave of tingles down my body. It was like a MILLION fireworks just exploded in my heart! KYAAAAAA!


I tried so hard not to flinch but I just couldn't control my involuntary reaction. I felt my face heat up and my heart continued to beat faster and faster. 

That was my FIRST KISS for heaven sake! I hope he didn't notice it! AisssshThat would be so embarrassing!

 

I heard him gulped as he pulled away from my lips. He then immediately headed towards the window.



I knew it! He felt it. Otoke! What should I do?! I ate my ego and finally spoke up. "And where do you think you are going after..." gulped "...what you did to me?!" I snapped when I heard his footsteps going away.

 


"Umm..." He gulped nervously before he turned to me. "I just want to see you before you leave. I saw you now so umm.. bye! Good luck with everything. Take care!" He quickly said and started to walk towards the window but he stopped when I stood up on the bed and yelled at him angrily.


"Really?! FINE! SAME TO YOU! GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING! I WILL JUST INVITE YOU THERE WHEN I GET MARRIED BECAUSE I WILL NEVER COME BACK AGAIN IN HERE! FOREVER! AISSSSSH!" I said angrily with my arm crossed. "Good night and Good bye!" I quickly lay down on my bed and covered myself with blanket, sputtering curses in my head.


I heard him sighed deeply, and the next thing I knew my blanket flew away up in the ceiling. He all of a sudden lifted me up bridal style and carried me towards the window. Of course I struggled because of my ego, but he just tightened his grip on me.


My giddiness is overflowing! Omo, my poor heart! 


"YAH! What are you doing, fishboy?! Where are we going anyway?!" I asked him, pretending to be irritated as he reached out my hand, helping me out of the window, same when we climbed up to the rooftop like we used to do when we were kids.


He just kept ignoring my questions and it was really getting on my nerves. He finally spoke when we reached the rooftop but he just told me to wait for a second. He quickly crossed their rooftop and climbed down to his room. I just sighed giddily as I watched him. I sat down on the concrete roof and buried my head in my knees, unconsciously smiling like crazy.

 


I looked up to the stars in sadness as my thought of leaving this place started to sink in.



"Looking at the stars?" he softly asked as he put his sweater around me. 
"Yeah. Thank you." I turned to see him with a shy smile. I could see his face blushing.


He slowly sat down next to me, hiding something behind his back. "What's that?" I asked.


"Huh? What's what?" he said frantically hiding something behind his back. "That thing you're hiding behind your back." I replied, furrowing my brow in confusion.


"Ha! Ha! I-its nothing! I am just...um..I really want to say 
sorry for ignoring you these past few days. I had many things in my head, and I had so much to say but I just... I couldn't say it properly, especially in front of you." he said, still blushing.



"Oh. Really." I blushed heavily at what he said. An awkward silence fell between us but I could still hear my heart banging inside my chest.


What are those things he wanted to tell me? Is he going to confess his feelings to me? KYAAAA! OMG! Say something! Ask him, Dara!



"Um... W-what do you want to...um.." Ugh!

I shook my head furiously before I continue. "I mean I accept your apology, but I would also like to apologize. Sorry for acting so childish. I wanted to tell you my Dad's plan long time ago but I was afraid ---" "You don't have to apologize for anything, rabbit. I really understand. I know you miss your mom so much that's why I feel so embarrassed for what I said to you earlier. I'm such an immature fish."


I suddenly chuckled at what he said. "No, fishboy. You're not. Actually, you really did change...for a better. You have grown up and I really like it." I bit my lips to hide my giddy smile. I glanced at him and saw him smiling too. He looked up at the sky then faced me. "The stars are so pretty tonight." he said, smiling.


"Right." We both blushed when our eyes met. We immediately looked away.


He cleared his throat before he speak again, "I-I will always be looking up to the sky, praying that you are looking at it too rabbit, so um... whenever you feel alone in Jeju, just look at the sky, then you will feel that I'm always with you wherever you are. Ugh
! Cheesy. I told you I couldn't speak properly when I'm with you. Ha! Ha!" he gulped nervously, blushing heavily.


My heart just melted  like an ice cream on a hot summer day. My eyes started to tear up, and my mind just went blank at his sweet words. 


"Are you okay, rabbit?" he worriedly asked. I didn't realize a tear escaped my eyes. He immediately wiped it off with his thumb.


"Of course! Ha! Ha! I am just... um.. Ugh! Something big must have gotten in my eyes." I said with a shaky voice, trying to control the rest of my tears not to fall down.


He sighed heavily. He quickly looked up, almost tearing up. "Stop it, rabbit. You're such a baby." he teased, trying to keep his voice sounding strong. "Oh, I almost forgot." he quickly turned back to get something behind him.

 

I furrowed my brow in confusion as I followed him with my gaze. "Wait, don't tell me---Puhaha! Are you going to sing to me?" I chuckled when I saw his shy smile while holding his guitar.

 

 "YAH! Don't laugh at me, rabbit!" He smiled, blushingly. "I won't, promise." I smiled widely. My giddiness was written all over my body from head to toe.

 

He cleared his throat and breathe deeply before strumming a familiar chord. "I don't know what's wrong with me but I just couldn't say this properly, especially in front of you, rabbit so um..." he shyly smiled before he continue, "I'm just gonna sing this to you instead. I hope you'll like it. Um... Here I go... 

 

Twinkle twinkle little star, yes sir yes sir----


"YAAAH! Fishboy?! You gotta be kidding me!" I yelled, crossing my arms over my chest, but I couldn't help not to smile. I really couldn't contain my giddiness.



He laughed at me like a little kid before he strummed his guitar again. It felt like time stop when he started to sing.



So lately, I've been wonderin
Who will be there to take my place
When I'm gone, you'll need love
To light the shadows on your face
If a great wave should fall
It would fall upon us all
And between the sand and stone
Could you make it on your own


If I could, then I would
I'll go wherever you will go
Way up high or down low
I'll go wherever you will go

And maybe I'll find out
A way to make it back someday
To watch you, to guide you 
Through the darkest of your days.




He suddenly looked at me and smiled while singing, I felt my heart just exploded from giddiness. I smiled back, blushing and gave him a thumbs up.

 


If a great wave shall fall
And fall upon us all
Well, then I hope there's someone out there
Who can bring me back to you.


Run away with my heart
Run away with my hope
Run away with my love

I know now, just quite how
My life and love might still go on
In your heart, in your mind 
I'll stay with you for all of time.




I will never ever forget this special night. This is one of my happiest night ever but ... the lyrics and the way he sang it to me makes me want to cry, 

 

When the song ended, he looked at me with his sweet smile and said, "I will wait for you, rabbit."

I bit my lip and shyly smiled at him before I said, "Promise?"

 

"Pinky promise." he replied and looked down, still smiling as he hooked his pinky finger into mine.


"Um.. and don't forget to tell me if you meet someone, you know."


"Mmm..? Meet someone?"



"Yeah. You know someone you..." gulped..." LIKE."



"Oh." 



=Awkward Silence Again=



"Ha! ha! Of course! You too. Don't forget to tell me if you finally get yourself a HOT girlfriend." I said, irritatedly.



"Really? Can I? Aren't you going to be jealous?" he asked, stupidly. I glared at him and he slowly averted his gaze while smiling like an idiot. He suddenly yawned and stretched his arm widely. I don't know if he purposely did it but his hand landed on top of my hand. "Opps! Sorry." he said as he pulled it away. 



Gad! Is he a stone?! Why is he so dense?!

 

"I will miss you, rabbit." he suddenly said. "FINALLY!" I unconsciously blurted out. I quickly covered my face in embarrassment.


"I mean--" Oh Gad! This is so embarassing!


He chuckled a bit as he slowly removed my hands on my face. I felt the heat rise to my face as he cupped it in his hands and said, " I WILL MISS YOU SO BADLY, RABBIT. I WILL WAIT FOR YOU EVEN IF IT TAKES FOREVER." He kissed my forehead and quickly bit his lower lip while looking into my eyes. He was about to avert his gaze when I... quickly pressed my lips hard against his.


 

His eyes flew wide open in surprise. I quickly pulled out and turned my face away, hiding the bright red colored and giddiness on my face.

 

"Now we are EVEN, fishboy." I said, winking at him. I quickly stood up and started to climb down the roof. 

 

"YAH! Can you stop staring into space?, and would you please close your mouth, fishboy?! It feels like I you or something." I . I couldn't help not to laugh at his reaction.



"Y-yah! Who said I'm staring into space?! YOU! Aisssh! Comeback here, rabbit!"


"Why should I? You will kiss me again. Don't you?" I cooed, and winked at him again. 


"YAH! YOU, Rabbit! You know I hate being EVEN with you! That's why... I want more!" he retorted and we burst out laughing.

 

 

Our face really looked like a tomato sauce or much redder than that. I swear!

 

.....but I don't mind because I know our hearts were filled only with happiness and love. If only I could wish that night would never end...

 

End of Flashback

 

==

 

Dara's POV

 

I snapped out of my sweet dream when I heard Bommie's voice, teasingly sang louder while bobbing her head along the music. Though I could also hear my heart breaking into million pieces whenever I hear that song, and like a shattered glass, I felt like breaking down whenever I remember that night. That special night when my happiness was still within reach.

 

The pain was just too much to bear, especially when I know he is so near yet very far away from my heart.

 


As the song was about to finish, I felt like my tears were welling up in my eyes. I couldn't even look at him because if I do, I know my tears would break free. 


To be continued>>>>

 

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N

OMG! Too many flashbacks! There are more later on. I feel like my head is going to explode. Anyway...  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR GODDESS!!!

CREDIT TO THE OWNER.

Sorry for the crappie chappie.

Sorry for all the errors!

Don't forget to subscribe and leave comments. 

Thank you!!!