Don't come back for me

Leave It All Behind

My hearts pounding in my ears as I wait for the words I have longed to hear for four years. Nothing can ruin this moment.

"Ha Ni, I.. I.. I've decided that I want to become a doctor"

Silence.

Did he just...

My eyes start to water as realization dawns on me.

How could I be so stupid. Of course he isn't going to announce his undying love for me

"I just wanted you to know first"

I can't hold back the tears so I pull him in to a hug to hide my embarassement.

Tears are rolling down my face as I congratulate him on his decision.

Don't show him how much your hurting

Quickly drying my eyes I pull back and give him a smile. He seems happy to have got that off his chest. He has grand smile on his face and it breaks my heart just a little bit more knowing it isn't because he loves me.

"Its really all because of you that I have found a subject that interests me"

I feel a small glow as he says these words.

Maybe he does appreciate just a little bit then

"Now what are you going to do with your life? You're not smart Ha NI. You need to really study and work hard. You're not a complete moron"

And with that the anger comes.

"Seung Jo my life is fine. I know what I'm doing!" I scream at him

"You're stupid! How can your life be fine? What! Are you going to marry Ki Young and just live off him?" he says in a snarky voice

With all my control slipping with every ridicule he sends my way, the tears are falling freely down my face.

Doesn't he even see any difference in me? I've worked hard with my music, I study hard in uni. Can't he even note a small change?

"Tears won't give you a successful future Ha Ni" he says in a monotone voice with his face showing no emotion

I need to get away from him

So thats what I do. I run as fast as I can away from the heartbreak. Hes calling my name but I just ignore it and run.

How can he be so cruel. Why do I have to love HIM?

Run. Run until I can't run anymore.

My phones ringing but I refuse to answer because its Seung Jos name thats on the screen.

Just keep running is all thats going through my head.

After a long while my body starts slowing down from exhaustion and I collapse into the nearest chair. I don't cry, I have no more tears to cry.

Checking my phone I realize that I had many missed calls from Seung Jo and a messege from my father

-Come home when you are ready. We love you-

And with that more tears that I never knew I had start rolling down my eyes. I'm thankful that they realise all I wanted was to be loved so they decided to remind me that I am.

As my tears of appreciation conclude. I decide to head to the studio to let my emotions be taken over by the music

Sending a quick text to Ki Young to meet me there, I dial Seung Jos phone.

He picks up on the first dial tone and I don't gie him a chance to speak

"I'm fine. Go home" and withat I hang up