bnm

Leave It All Behind

Ha Nis POV

Tears are in my eyes as I lay down on the bed in Jun Pyos guest room.

I gave him everything and he was just using me

My phone is buzzing with Seung Jos name flashing on the screen and I just ignore it.

Can't he see that I don't want to talk to him.

Can't he see how much hes already hurt me.

My first kiss to him was a joke, he did it to be cruel because I embarassed him at graduation

The second kiss must have been a joke too, since he was engaged to Hae Ra the night before. Besides he said it was our fifth kiss. He must have been imagining Hae Ra.

That thought crushes me.

Was he imaginging her every single time he was with me?

Was he thinking of her the first night that we had slept together?

My anguished cries fill the room as I can no longer silently mourn my fake love life.

 

I locked myself in that guestroom for two days. Jun Pyo would continue looking after me as though I was a patient that needed 24 hour survellance. He'd bring me meals and run the water for soothing baths. During those two days I had written a beautiful but heartbreaking song. Today I decided that I would go to the recording studio to sing it.

Entering the studio I'm pulled into a warm hug by Lee Shin as he apologises. I wave him off and say that it wasn't his fault. He pulls me to the side and tells me that a radio station is in the studio and would like to hear a song.

This is my chance to show my new song

"Thats great, bring them in. I have a song I'd like to try out" I let out with excitement.

Settling on to the piano was peaceful and my mind was at ease.

I could see Ki Young through the glass in the recording booth and Jun Pyo was standing behind him, a steaming cup in his hand. Lee Shin was also in the booth talking to men who I assumed were the radio host.

As the melody continued, I shut my eyes and began to sing


Everything I know about love
I learned from you, from you

(I couldn't help but flash back to all the times we spent together)
And everything I know about pain
I learned from you, you

(Now all I could think of was him and Hae Ra togehter)

You were my only, you were my first
You showed me lonely, and you took me in when I was hurt
But the most important thing you ever gave me
Was the one that hurt the most

So thank you for the broken heart, oh yeah
And thank you for the permanent scar, oh
'Cause if it wasn’t for you, I might forget
How it feels to let go, and how it feels to get a brand new start
So thank you for the broken heart


I still remember when you called
And said that she didn’t mean anything

(I flashed back to when I had accidently answerd Seung Jos call, he told me Hae Ra, his fiance meant nothing to him. How was he expecting me, his nobody to feel. I immediately hung up and turned my phone off)
How could you expect me to look at you
The same way

You were my only but not my last

(Well hopefully not my last, living the rest of my life in heartbreak is not ideal)
You showed me lonely, and you made me put you in the past
But the most important thing you ever gave me
Was the one that hurt the most

So thank you for the broken heart, oh yeah
And thank you for the permanent scar, oh
'Cause if it wasn’t for you, I might forget
How it feels to let go, and how it feels to get a brand new start
So thank you for the broken heart


And every time I find myself alone in pieces
I find myself
I’ll just remember when you hurt me and I made it

(Well this part wasn't exactly true. I was suffering, badly but I was hoping to get through the pain. Opening my eyes I find Jun Pyos face has a mask of amusement. Dang he knows my lyrics are false)

So thank you for the broken heart
And thank you for the permanent scar
Cause if it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t be here
With the love of my life, all my pain disappear
I’ve come so far
So thank you for the broken heart

I thank you, I thank you
For the broken heart
Oh yeah oh, for the broken heart

I'll never have a broken heart again

With that I look to the other occupants in the room and they are clapping.

"Well done Honey. You can wrap it up now and come in here" Ki Youngs voice flows through my headphones.

Heading into the next room I'm immediately swamped with the radio people asking if they could air this song tonight and if I could go on their show to do an interview.

"Ofcourse I'd love to" I say with a small smile as Jun Pyo grabs me in a big hug. From the corner of my eyes I can see the radio hosts eyes widen as a they take in the sight.

Huh? Whats wrong with a hug? oh well who cares

I think as Jun Pyo whispers in my ear "Beautiful song, don't worry we won't tell anyone that you're still not over Seung Jo"

With that I give him a small kiss on the cheek as a thank you.

FLASH

Did someone just take a photo?

Looking around I don't see anyone with a camera and my mind relaxes.

 

 

 

AUTHOR NOTE

ok my lovelys

for those who don't know the song

J Rice- Thank you for the broken heart