zxcv

Leave It All Behind

Coming back to the land of the living I can feel strong arms holding me. Looking up I see Jun Pyo staring at me in concern.

"I'm fine" I mumble while trying to get up only to stumble and fall back in to his arms.

"Sure you are" Jun Pyo sarcastically replys while once again encircling my waist and dragging me to sit on the sofa.

"Is it true?" I whisper to Lee Shin "Can I see the email?"

He nods mutely and brings the laptop to settle on my legs.

Within a minute I finish reading the email and tears are pooling in my eyes.

Jun Pyo snatches the laptop away from me and pulls me into a warm embrace while Ki Young is rubbing me on the back. I look up to see Lee Shin with an apologetic look on his face and I can see that he genuinely thought that I had known. I try to give him a reassuring smile.

Of course I didn't know. I thought Seung Jo loved me. I was just a joke, his fling before he got hitched.

With every passing thought the tears flow harder

How could he?

Why did he do this to me?

Why make me fall deeper in love just to go off and marry someone else?

Why didn't anybody tell me?

That thought catches me. My whole family knew and nobody told me.

Wait, Euon Jo was trying to warn me but I ignored all the signs.

Gosh, I am stupid

Well Ha Ni, you can be as stupid as you want but you are not going to take anymore of this pain.

Never again will I open my heart so easily just so Seung Jo can break it.

 

It must have been hours that I had cried and fallen asleep because its now dark and my only company is a napping Jun Pyo.

Giving him a little shake I tell him he should head home too.

Grabbing my hand he pulls me to the car and says that he'll take me home. When we arrive at the Baek residence I can't help but feel dread. Looking at the house I can't help but frown as I think of who lives in that house.

"Just grab some clothes, you can stay with me for awhile. I'll wait here" Jun pyo says becoming my hero. I give him a grateful smile and turn towards the house.

Making my way upstairs I notice the house is quiet.

Oh thats right, they went out to give me a chance to have a date night with Seung Jo. Well at least there won't be any confrontations, I'm too drained to even think straight.

Opening my room I look for an overnight bag as I quickly push clothes into it.

"Going somewhere Ha Ni?" I turn at the sound of Seung Jos voice. He looks puzzled.

I ignore him and continue packing. He grabs hold of my wrist and I push him away with all the strength I can muster. Just looking at him is making me cry again.

He looks shocked at my actions but recovers and his hand is reaching to comfort me when I break his stride in one sentence

"Are you engaged to Hae Ra?"

He doesn't move, he hasn't even replied. He just looks at me in shock and maybe fear.

Isn't he even going to try and deny it?

With a heavy sob racking my body I grab my bag and race out the door. Hopping into Jun Pyos car he takes off and I don't look back towards the man who has yet again broken my heart.

Seung Jos POV

"Are you engaged to Hae Ra?"

Did she just?

No she couldn't have.

How did she find out?

No, the engagement was going to be publicly retracted by Hae Ras grandfather next week.

It was the only way to keep both companys amicable. I had to keep up with the engagement charade.

'Say something Seung Jo' my mind is screaming at me but my body is frozen in fear.

As she rushes past me, my body cooperates but I still can't speak.

Chasing her down the stairs I see her jump in to a car and take off.

"Ha Ni wait! Ha Ni" I scream and start running after the car and as the love of my life leaves my sight of vision I collapse in to a broken heap in the middle of the road