From the ice inside your soul

Leave It All Behind

The way that Seung Jo is staring at me right now is unsettling.

Do I have something on my face?

Discreetly as possible, I run my hands gently over my face and rub my eyes. Picking up a glass of water I let my eyes drift upwards, nope hes still staring at me. My musing was cut short by Seung Jo.

"So Ha Ni, how was your date? Mum told me all about this Ki Young"

The way he spits out Ki Youngs name was in no way friendly. Its almost as tho Ki Young has personally attacked him. I turn to Mum and she just winks at me vaguely.

What does that mean? Do I play along? I'm so confused

-No Ha Ni. Keeping secrets doesn't mean you should outright lie. Just give a general response to how the day went

My thoughts are no help at all. Stupid mind

-Just answer the question, everyones looking at you now!

"Ohh.. umm the day was great. So Euon Jo what did you do today?" I say as quickly as possible trying without any tact at all to change the subject.

I turn away from Seung Jo but I can feel his eyes boring holes in to me. Little brother knowing my intentions and trying to help me out opens his mouth to reply but Seung Jo beats him.

"Really? Great was it?" he says in a sarcastic tone that makes me wanna punch him.

I however have impulse control so I just narrow my eyes and poke my tongue out at him without replying. He looks stumped.

Ha, he doesn't know how to come back from such a childish response

-See being a genius isn't all its cracked up to be

No sense of humour at all

I smother the urge to laugh though as he yanks me from the table and drags me outside yelling to the family that we'll be back later.

"What are you doing Seung Jo? Where are we going?"

He ignores me though as he opens the car door and practically shoves me in the seat.

He could've just asked me nicely to get in

My sullen mind states, starting to get really annoyed with his abuse

We've been driving for awhile and since neither of us want to cave in, the ride has been silent and awkward

Why should I start a conversation? Hes the one that kidnapped me.

I turn to Seung Jo to ask whats going on but hes not there. Searching my surroundings quickly I find him on the other side of me. He standing there smiling,  opening my door with a hand extended.

When did we stop?

Hesitently I allow him to help me out of the car. His hand still grips mine though as he leads us to a picnic table thats overlooking the ocean. The scene is beautiful. The lights of the city are reflecting off the water majestically.

He gently sets me down while grabbing my other hand in to his. My mind can't help but think how perfect it would be if this were a date.

Well this place is romantic. Oh My Gosh! Is he going to tell me he loves me

I search his face, maybe there will be some kind of sign. He just looks at me with a gentle smile that looks vaguely familiar.

This is the moment. I just know it. When he admits his love for me then I'll tell him all about my studying and the music contr...

"Ha Ni" the whisper of my name on his lips brings me back to reality. He seems nervous and I have no doubt why now.

"Ha Ni, I..I.."