Again i got nothing

Leave It All Behind

As people start arriving Lee Shin waits at the door to welcome afew of his guests. Being his date I'm right by his side greeting people.

"You two look perfect for eachother"

"So this is the famous Honey I've been hearing about"

"I can't wait to hear you sing. If you sing as beautifully as you look..."

"Are you two dating?"

People have been commenting about us for awhile now and we have just been vaguely avoiding the questions.

As we walk back towards the front of the room Lee Shin stops me and starts fidgeting with his hands. Nervously he points to a beautiful girl saying that that was the girl hes been in love with for a long time. Looking at her closely I can't escape the gasp that escapes my lips.

Why did it have to be her?

"Lee Shin? You're in love with Hae Ra?"

Please say no, please say no

"Yes. How do you know her?"

"Never mind that" I say continuing with "and did you give her and her date seats at our table?"

Please please just say no

"Yeah I did. I wanted her to be close to me. Didn't expect her to want to bring a different date though.Ha Ni whats wrong?"

Oh my gosh. I'm going to be sitting at a table with the man I love while hes on a date with another girl. Im cursed

"Hae Ras date is Seung Jo. Your Hae Ra is here with My Seung Jo"

Wait! He said the date was just as friends right? Yes so calm down and just relax

Taking a deep breathe I look up to Lee Shins eyes and can see the underlying panic set in.

"Lee Shin, tonight you're MY date. At YOUR gala. And we are going to walk to that table like we own it and pretend that this isn't affecting us at all. When you feel yourself starting to panic just grab my hand and I'll cover for you. Same with me okay? Besides Seung Jo said they were only friends"

With a little hope in his voice he agrees and we continue our walk to the table.

Settling down in our seats Lee Shin and I start a conversation hoping that we won't have to talk to the other couple. The night runs smoothly and the food being served is delicious. I take a moment to compliment Lee Shin on his choice of chef. He smiles and says thank you

Our little bubble is ruined when Hae Ra asks a question

"So Lee Shin who is this up and coming star that you were so anxious about?" She says everything with a smile but when our eyes meet, hers are more of a glare. Lee Shin grabbing my hand takes me away from the staring competition.

"This beautiful lady right next to me. Honey" he says without taking his eyes off Hae Ra

Thats when something occurs to me.

She doesn't recognize me

She then introduces us to her date Seung Jo who just grunts a greeting.

None of them recognize me.

As the night goes on my nerves start to build and i subconciously grab hold of Lee Shins hand to anchor me. What I didn't realise was that he was in the middle of a conversation with Seung Jo. It grabs his attention and now Seung Jo is staring at me. He looks contemplative.

Ki Young takes that moment to come take me backstage to prepare.

What I didn't realise was that Seung Jo being a genius that he is, realised who I was as I happily left the table